节目寄语
每日床头啃一段语篇,您的生活质量更加高。
特别声明
该文章中的讲解为可可签约编辑根据改编的名著所编写的参考资料。
啃嚼语段
Some time later, the officer touched his shoulder and told him that the court was ready.
过了一会儿,警官拍了拍他的肩膀说,法庭已经准备就序。
A magistrate was a judge who dealt with small crimes in local courts, and the magistrate for this district was well known.
担任审判官的是一位治安推事,治安推事主要是在地方法庭处理一些小的犯罪案。这位推事在他所管辖的区域里是很有名气的。
His name was Mr Fang and he was a disagreeable, bad-tempered man.
他的名字叫范先生。他是个脾气很坏、难以相处的人。
Today he was in a particularly bad mood. He frowned angrily at the old gentleman,and asked sharply,
特别是今天,他的心情极为不佳,他紧皱着眉头,生气地朝老头厉声问道:
"Who are you? "
“你是什么人?”
"My name,sir,is Brown low . "
“先生,我的名字叫布朗洛。”
"Officer! What is this man charged with? "
“警官!这人被控什么罪名?”
"He"s not charged,sir,"answered the officer. "He"s accusing the boy. "
“推事,他没有被控什么,”警官回答说,“他是这孩子的指控人。”
The magistrate looked at Mr Brown low from head to foot. "And what have you got to say? "
推事将布朗洛从头到脚地打量了一番,说:“你有什么要说的吗?”
Mr Brown low began to explain. "I was standing outside a book shop—
"布朗洛先生开始解释,“我正站在一家书店的外面——”
"Be quiet,sir! "shouted Mr Fang. "Policeman! Now-you arrested the boy. What happened? "
“安静,先生!”范先生大声地说,“警察!刚才——是你逮捕了这孩子,因为什么事?”
The policeman told the magistrate what he had heard, and how he had searched Oliver afterwards and found nothing.
警察向推事报告了他所听到的事情,以及经过搜身什么也没发现的情况。