手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语口语 > 实战英语口语 > 美语情景对话 > 正文

美语情景对话 第122期:生活在爱达荷 Life in Idaho

来源:可可英语 编辑:emma   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Todd:OK, so we're here. Do you want to go ahead and introduce yourself to the listener?

好,我们就在这儿。你想走到台前向听众介绍一下你自己吗?

Roe:OK, my name is Hiroe Hashi. I've lived in America for about seven and a half years. I lived in Italy for two years.

好的,我叫Hiroe Hashi.我在美国住了七年半,在意大利住了两年。

Todd:Wow! You lived in Italy too.

哇!你还在意大利住过啊!

Roe:Right, right. So all together I've lived in a foreign country for nine and a half years.

是的,是的。所以总共算下来我在国外住了九年半。

Todd:Wow! That's amazing. So did you live in America before you lived in Italy?

哇!太惊人了!那你在意大利住之前就在美国住过吗?
Roe:I was in Italy when I was 9 years old, no actually 7 years old to 9 years old.
9岁就在意大利了,实际上没到9岁,7岁到9岁之间。

Todd:Did you learn Italian?

你学过意大利语吗?

Roe:A little bit. Basicallyslangs.

一点点。基本的俚语。

Todd:Wow, so then how old were you when you moved to America?

哇,那你搬到美国的时候你多大?

Roe:Yeah, I was 17. I was on a exchange program for when I went to Idaho.

恩我17。在我去爱达荷州的时候我在参加一个交流项目。

Todd:Wow, what did you think when you first got to America?

哇,你第一次到美国的时候感觉怎么样?

Roe:OK. I bought new clothing cause my image was like L.A., New York, but it was Idaho, but I didn't know what toexpect, and I got off from the airplane and I said to myself, "Oh, my god!". There was nothing there.

恩。因为我的着装风格比较像洛杉矶和纽约的,所以我买了新衣服。但我现在要去爱达荷州,我不知道会发生什么,但在我下飞机的那一刻我对自己说了句:“哦,我的天呐”。这儿什么都没有。

Todd:Yeah, so was it flat. Was it flat.

是的,的确很空很平。

Roe:It was flat. I saw, There was...I remember the sun going down cause it was nothing, really nothing: a flat space, 360 degrees, an airport, cowboys.

它是平的。我看见那有……我记得太阳下山就因为那儿什么都没有,真的是什么都没有。平面空间,360度,一个机场还有牛仔。

Todd:Cowboys!

牛仔!

Roe:Potatoes. Real Cowboys. Spuds.

土豆。真正的牛仔。土豆。

Todd:So Idaho is cowboys and potatoes.

所以爱达荷州就有牛仔和土豆。

Roe:Exactly. That's all. About.

确实是。就是这样。

Todd:Do you still like potatoes?

你还喜欢土豆吗?

Roe:I stopped eating spuds since I came back cause I ate it everyday. You go to 31 Ice-cream shop and there they have spuds ice-cream.

自打我回来就没再吃过土豆,因为那个时候天天吃。你去冰激凌商店的时候,那儿会有土豆冰激凌。

Todd:Wow. So spud means potato.

哇。所以说spud就是土豆。

Roe:Yeah, spud, it's like Idaho English.

是的,土豆,它是爱达荷英语。

Todd:Wow. And how about cowboys. Did you become a real cowboy?

哇,那牛仔呢?你变成一个真正的牛仔了吗?

Roe:I started to grow my hair, cause if you had short hair, people used to call you like a new-waver, like faggots. It was kind of a little disaster for somebody different to live.

我开始留头发了,因为如果你是短头发,人们习惯叫你新的动摇者,比如同性恋。收到他人的区别对待对我是一种灾难。

Todd:Yeah, for sure, that would be reallyharsh. So tell me about your family.

是的,确实,那太残酷了。那给我讲讲你的家庭吧。

Roe:My family! I have two brothers and a sister, and my fatherpassed awaythree years ago and my mom is working.

我的家庭!我有两个哥哥和一个姐姐,父亲三年前就去世了,母亲还在工作。

Todd:OK, Do youmissidaho?

好的,你会想念爱达荷州吗?

Roe:Friends. I've made some best friends in Idaho actually.

会想念朋友。事实上,我在那儿交了好多朋友。

Todd:Really.

真的啊。

Roe:Yeah, actually, I've lived in L.A., Washington State, but Idaho.

是的,确实是,除了爱达荷我还在洛杉矶和华盛顿州住过。

Todd:When is the last time you were in Idaho?

你最后在爱达荷州是什么时候?

Roe:When I, that's when I finished my program, so a long time ago. 10, wow, 12, 13 years ago.

当我,就是在我完成我项目的时候,所以应该是很久以前,10年,哇,12,13年前吧。

Todd:Wow, that is a long time. OK, and where do you live now?

哇,那是很长一段时间了。好,那你现在住在哪了呢?

Roe:I live in Yokohama.

我住在横滨。

Todd:Yokohama

横滨。

注:译文属可可英语原创,未经允许,请勿转载。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
disaster [di'zɑ:stə]

想一想再看

n. 灾难

联想记忆
listener ['lisənə]

想一想再看

n. 听者,听众

 
roe [rəu]

想一想再看

n. 鱼卵 n. 獐鹿

联想记忆
exchange [iks'tʃeindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 交换,兑换,交易所
v. 交换,兑换,交

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。