手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 托福 > 托福听力 > 托福听力真题听写 > 正文

托福TPO-07 Conversation 1

来源:可可英语 编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Eric:Hi, Professor Mason, do you have a minute?

艾瑞克:嗨,马森教授,您有时间吗?
Pro:Yeah, of course, Eric.
教授:当然了,艾瑞克。
I think there was something I wanted to talk to you about too.
其实我也正有事情想和你谈呢。
Eric:Probably my late essay.
艾瑞克:是关于我晚交论文的事吧。
Pro:Ah, that must be it.
教授:啊,原来是这么回事。
I thought maybe I’d lost it.
我以为我给弄丢了。
Eric:No, I'm sorry.
艾瑞克:不是,对不起。
Actually it was my computer that lost it, the first draft of it.
其实是我电脑上的初稿丢了。
And, well, anyway, I finally put it in your mail box yesterday.
不管怎么样,我昨天还是放在您的邮箱里了。
Pro:Oh, I haven't checked the mail box yet today.
教授:哦,我还有没查看我的邮箱。
Well, I'm glad it's there.
呵呵,既然已经在那就好。
I will read it this weekend.
我本周末就去看看。
Eric:Well, sorry again.
艾瑞克:再次抱歉。
Say, I can send it to you by email too if you like.
其实如果您愿意的话我也可以通过电子邮件给您发送一份。
Pro:Great. I'll be interested to see how it all comes out.
教授:太好了。我真想看看写的如何。
Eric:Right. Now, ah, I just have overheard some graduates students talking.
艾瑞克:呵呵,那个,我刚到一些毕业生在讨论,
Something about a party for De Adams?
一些关于为迪·亚当斯办的晚会?
Pro:Retirement party, yes,
教授:退休晚会,是的。
all students are invited.
所有学生都被邀请参加。
Wasn't there notice on the Anthropology Department's bulletin board?
在人类学系的公告栏上难道没有通知吗?
Eric:Ah, I don't know.
艾瑞克:啊,这个我不知道。
But I want to offer help with it.
但是我想帮帮忙,
You know whatever you need.
做点什么都成。
De Adams, well, I took a few anthropology classes with her and they were great, inspiring.
我上过几堂迪·亚当斯老师的人类学课程,简直太好了,让我很有启发。
That's why I want to pitch in.
这也是我想加入的原因。
Pro:Oh, that's very thoughtful of you, Eric,
教授:噢,你真是太好了,艾瑞克。
but it will be low key, nothing flashy.
但是这次活动比较低调,不会很隆重,
That's not her style.
那些不是她的风格。
Eric:So there's nothing?
艾瑞克:那就什么都不需要准备了?
Pro:No, we'll have coffee and cookies, maybe a cake.
教授:我们会准备咖啡啊、饼干啊,可能还会有蛋糕。
But actually couples of the administrative assistants are working on that.
而几位行政助理已经在着手准备了。
You could ask them but I think they've got covered.
你可以问问他们,但是我觉得他们基本能搞定。
Eric:Ok.
艾瑞克:好吧。
Pro:Actually, oh, no, never mind.
教授:其实,哎,算了。
Eric:What's it?
艾瑞克:怎么了?
Pro:Well, it's nothing to do with the party and I'm sure there are more exciting ways that you could spend your time.
教授:呃,其实这和晚会没啥关系,而且我想你更乐意花时间去做更有意思的事情。
But we do need some help with something.
但是我们确实需要帮忙。
Work pilling a database of articles the anthropology faculty has published.
为人类学教职员工们出版的文章资料库做整合工作。
There is not much glory, but we are looking for someone with some knowledge of anthropology who can enter the articles.
虽说不是什么特别荣耀的事情,我们真的希望有一些人类学知识背景的人参与进来。
I hesitate to mention it.
我有点犹豫,
But I don't suppose it's something you would.
因为我想你可能不太愿意。
Eric:No, that sounds like cool.
艾瑞克:不不,听起来不错。
I would like to see what they are writing about.
我还真想看看他们写的文章。
Pro:Wonderful. And there are also some unpublished studies.
教授:那太好了。而且还有一些未出版的研究。
Do you know De Adams did a lot of field research in Indonesia?
你知道迪·亚当斯在印度尼西亚进行过很多实地考察工作吗?
Most of them haven't been published yet.
很多还未出版。
Eric:No, like what?
艾瑞克:比如?
Pro:Well, she is really versatile.
教授:呃,她真的各方面都有所涉猎。
She just spent several months studying social interactions in Indonesia and she's been influential in ecology.
她刚在印度尼西亚花了几个月的时间研究社会互动,而且她在生态学也很有影响力。
Oh, and she's also done work in south of America, this is closer to biology, especially with speciation.
噢,她还在美国南部做过工作,与生物学比较接近,尤其是物种形成。
Eric:ah, not to seem uninformed.
艾瑞克:啊,这个我不太了解。
Pro:Well, how's species form?
教授:呃,物种是如何形成的?
You know, how two distinct species form from one.
你知道,两种不同的生物如何从一个物种进化而来。
Like when population of the same species are isolated from each other and then developed into two different directions and ended up with two distinct species.
比如相同生物的种群彼此隔离开来时,然后就会向着两个不同的方向发展,从而形成两种截然不同的生物。
Eric:Interesting.
艾瑞克:太有趣了。
Pro:Yes, while she was there in the south of America, she collected a lot of linguistic information and sounds, really fascinating.
教授:是啊。当她在美国南部的时候收集了大量的语言学及声音的信息,简直棒极了。
Eric:Well. I hate to see her leave.
艾瑞克:哎,我真的不想她退休。
Pro:Don't worry. She'll still be around. She's got lots of projects that she's still in the middle of.
教授:没事。她还会在的。她还有许多未完成的项目在做呢。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 
bulletin ['bulitin]

想一想再看

n. 公示,公报,新闻快报,期刊
vt. 发表

联想记忆
thoughtful ['θɔ:tful]

想一想再看

adj. 深思的,体贴的

 
pitch [pitʃ]

想一想再看

n. 沥青,树脂,松脂
n. 程度,投掷,球场

联想记忆
influential [.influ'enʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 有权势的,有影响的
n. 有影响力的

 
ecology [i:'kɔlədʒi]

想一想再看

n. 生态学

 
linguistic [liŋ'gwistik]

想一想再看

adj. 语言的,语言学的

 
draft [dræft]

想一想再看

n. 草稿,草图,汇票,徵兵
vt. 起草,征

 
species ['spi:ʃiz]

想一想再看

n. (单复同)物种,种类

 
glory ['glɔ:ri]

想一想再看

n. 光荣,荣誉,壮丽,赞颂
vi. 为 ..

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 托福TPO-06 Lecture 3 2013-07-29
  • 托福TPO-06 Lecture 4 2013-07-30
  • 托福TPO-07 Lecture 1 2013-08-01
  • 托福TPO-07 Lecture2 2013-08-05
  • 托福TPO-07 Conversation 2 2013-08-06
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。