W:Hi, Mark. How are you?
女士:嗨,马克。你好吗?
M:Actually, I'm really fed up, Linda. It's Jane.
男士:事实上,我真的受够了,琳达。是简。
W:Jane? Who's Jane?
女士:简?简是谁?
M:Oh, nobody really. Just the most stunningly attractive girl in my year at school.
男士:哦,小人物。只是我上学那时最迷人的女孩。
W:Oh, is that all? So, what's the problem?
女士:哦,是吗?所以,有什么问题吗?
M:Well, the thing is, I just don't know how to make her notice me or...
男士:问题是,我不知道如何让她注意到我或者……
W:Wait a minute. I've got a brilliant idea, Why don't you try talking to her?
女士:等一下。我有个好主意,你为什么不试着和她谈谈?
M:But I wouldn't know what to say. I...
男士:但我不知道该说什么。我……
W:Look, she is in your chemistry class, isn't she? You are good at chemistry.
女士:听着,她在你的化学课上,不是吗?你擅长化学。
W:You could offer to help her with her chemistry homework. How about that?
女士:你可以提出帮助她做化学作业。你觉得怎么样?
M:Not bad. Just one problem.
男士:不错啊。只有一个问题。
W:What?
女士:什么?
M:She's better than me at chemistry.
男士:她的化学比我好。
W:OK, then. Well, there's that party at John's on Friday night. You could invite her.
女士:好的,那么。嗯,星期五晚上约翰家有个聚会。你可以邀请她。
M:Just another small problem.John's her boyfriend.
男士:只是还有一个小问题。约翰是她的男朋友。