第38周 消遣
荧屏情景:
星期三 聚餐 片段选自《笨人晚宴》 Dinner for Schmucks 01:25:28--01:26:47
Lancelot: Oh, my god.
兰斯洛特:哦,我的天啊!
Barry: Fastforward 500 years. The Wright Brothers decide to make themselves a Flying machine. "You fools! You idiots! What's your problem?" everyone shouted. "That will never work because plywood weighs more than air!" To which the Wright Brothers responded: "No, it doesn't." The Wright Brothers were dreamers. The Earl of Sandwich and Sir Francis Bacon. Had it not been for them, the BLT would merely be lettuce and tomato. They were dreamers. And sandwich makers.
巴瑞:快进500年,莱特兄弟打算制造“飞行机器”,“你们两个傻瓜,你们有毛病吧?”人们纷纷喊道。“那玩意儿根本飞不起来,因为胶合板比空气重!”莱特兄弟反驳道:“不,他们能飞”。莱特兄弟也是梦想家;“三明治伯爵”和弗朗西斯“培根”爵士……要不是因为他们培根生菜番茄三明治(BLT)就只剩下生菜和番茄了,他们是梦想家;还是做三明治的。
Caldwell: It's not over yet.
卡德维尔:还没完呢!
Barry: Vincent van Gogh. Everyone tole him, "You only have one ear. You cannot be a great artist." And you know what he said? "I can't hear you." Vincent van Gogh was a dreamer.
巴瑞:文森特·梵高,人人都说“你只有一只耳朵,你成不了伟大的艺术家”。你知道他怎么回答吗?“我听不见你说什么”,梵高是个梦想家。
Blind Person: I love to paint.
盲人:我喜欢画画。
Diner: Oh, really?
就餐者:哦,真的?
Blind Person: I love to paint.
盲人:我喜欢画画。
Diner: Wow, are you any good?
就餐者:哦,画得好吗?
Blind Person: I don't know.
盲人:我哪儿知道?
Diner: Of course not.
就餐者:说的也是。
注:如视频无法播放,请刷新