手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语口语 > 实战英语口语 > 美语情景对话 > 正文

美语情景对话 第472期:Wellington 惠灵顿

来源:可可英语 编辑:Aimee   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Todd: Hello can you say your name please?

托德:你好,请问你叫什么名字?
Kate: My name is Kate.
凯特:我叫凯特。
Todd: Ok Kate where are you from?
托德:好,凯特,你来自哪里?
Kate: I'm from New Zealand.
凯特:我来自新西兰。
Todd: Oh are you from Auckland?
托德:你是来自新西兰奥克兰吗?
Kate: No, I'm from Wellington, the capital city.
凯特:不是,我来自首都惠灵顿。
Todd: Oh Wellington is the capital? Is it in the north island or the south island?
托德:哦,新西兰的首都是惠灵顿?那里是位于北岛还是南岛?
Kate: It's in the bottom of the north island.
凯特:在北岛的最南端。
Todd: What's Wellington like?
托德:惠灵顿怎么样?
Kate: Wellington is a very beautiful city. It's got… the centre is obviously the townshop with a few tall buildings. Then we have the harbour which is very beautiful especially at night time with city lights reflecting on the harbour. And then on the outside we have all the suburbs where everybody lives.
凯特:惠灵顿是一个非常美丽的城市。有……市中心有很多高楼大厦。惠灵顿还是一座港口城市,晚上城市的灯光会倒映在海面上,非常漂亮。而且有许多人住在郊区。
Todd: How is Wellington different from Auckland or Christchurch?
托德:那惠灵顿和奥克兰还有克赖斯特彻奇有什么不同?
Kate: First of all Auckland. Auckland is much bigger: it's the biggest city in New Zealand. And the city itself in the very centre, downtown centre, the buldings are much taller and much more hectic. Traffic is hectic every day, going to work. Wellington is much more calmer. However in Christchurch it is flat, completely flat. Wellington is very hilly, many hills.
凯特:先说奥克兰。奥克兰面积更大,它是新西兰最大的城市。奥克兰市中心的高楼更多,也更繁华,每天上班高峰期时的交通非常繁忙。惠灵顿则平静的多。而克赖斯特彻奇地势平坦。惠灵顿有很多山地。
Todd: Is it a cheap place to live? Or is it expensive?
托德:惠灵顿的生活成本是低廉还是昂贵?
Kate: Reasonably cheap. Compared with Auckland it is much cheaper.
凯特:相对低廉。与奥克兰相比要低廉的多。
Todd: How much do things cost? In New Zealand how much is a bus ride?
托德:生活成本是多少?在新西兰坐公交多少钱?
Kate: Bus ride from home to town would be 1 dollar 50, New Zealand dollars.
凯特:坐公交从家到城镇大概需要1.50新西兰元。
Todd: Ok and how much is a loaf of bread?
托德:好,那一块面包多少钱?
Kate: Loaf of bread, 2 to 3 dollars.
凯特:一块大包大约2到3新西兰元。
Todd: What's the best thing about your city?
托德:惠灵顿最棒的是什么?
Kate: Best thing about my city is strangely enough the wind.
凯特:我们城市最著名的是非常奇怪的风。
Todd: The wind?
托德:风吗?
Kate: It's known for its wind.
凯特:惠灵顿因风而闻名。
Todd: How's that a good thing?
托德:那怎么是好事呢?
Kate: How's that a good thing? The cool breeze especially in summertime when it gets quite hot, a cool gentle breeze although it can get quite strong.
凯特:怎么是好事?夏天非常热的时候会有凉风的微风吹来,不过有时风力很强。
Todd: And what's the worst thing about your city?
托德:那惠灵顿最糟糕的事情是什么?
Kate: Worst thing about my city would be the trains: they're so inconvenient and they don't cost so much but they're just inconvenient and the buses aren't so good either.
凯特:最糟糕的应该是火车:非常不方便,虽然车费不贵,但是乘坐火车很不方便,而且公交车也不是很便利。
Todd: Well it's kind of the same in my country!
托德:嗯,和我们国家一样。

译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载

重点单词   查看全部解释    
gentle ['dʒentl]

想一想再看

adj. 温和的,轻柔的,文雅的,温顺的,出身名门的

 
inconvenient [.inkən'vi:njənt]

想一想再看

adj. 不方便的

 
conscious ['kɔnʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 神志清醒的,意识到的,自觉的,有意的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。