Alice:I can't hear you over that hammering.
艾丽斯:那边敲敲打打的,我都听不到你在讲什么了。
When are these renovations going to be done?
这次的装修什么时候能够弄好?
Dilbert:They're already two weeks past the scheduled completion date and I can only guess at the cost overruns.
德尔伯特:他们已经超过预定完工日期2星期了,我猜测成本会超支。
Alice:It feels like they're never going to finish.
艾丽斯:感觉他们永远不会结束。

Dilbert:I know. When the renovations were announced, I was glad to hear that the office would be reconfigured for better use.
德尔伯特:我知道。当宣布装修时,我很高兴听到这个办公室为了更好使用会重新布置的消息。
Alice:Me, too.
艾丽斯:我也是。
Dilbert:The upgrades sounded good-new lighting fixtures, flooring, and sound-deadening walls and ceilings.
德尔伯特:这次的更新换代听起来不错—新的照明灯具,地板,隔音墙壁及天花板。
Alice:I was looking forward to an updated look with new built-ins.
艾丽斯:我期待着看看新款的嵌入式家具。
This old furniture shows lots of wear and tear.
这件旧家具看起来已经破旧不堪了。
Dilbert:Yeah, now all I want is to be rid of all this dust.
德尔伯特:是的,现在我想要摆脱这一切尘埃。
Who can work with this racket?
这么吵吵闹闹谁能静下心来工作啊?
Alice:Heh? What did you say? Did you say you can't hack it? Me, neither!
艾丽斯:哈?你说什么?你说你无法忍受是吗?我也不行的!










