手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 哈利波特 > 哈利波特与魔法石 > 正文

带你步入魔法世界:《哈利·波特与魔法石》赏析(283)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

"But sir, the Stone—"

“可是,先生,魔法石——”
"I see you are not to be distracted.
“看来没法子分散你的注意力。
Very well, the Stone.
好吧,咱们就谈谈魔法石。
Professor Quirrell did not manage to take it from you.
奇洛教授没有能够把它从你手里夺走,
I arrived in time to prevent that,
我及时赶到阻止了他。
although you were doing very well on your own, I must say.
不过我必须说一句,你其实一个人就对付得很好。”
"You got there? You got Hermione's owl?"
“您赶到那儿了?您收到赫敏派猫头鹰送给您的信了?”
"We must have crossed in midair.
“我和猫头鹰显然是在空中错过了。
No sooner had I reached London than it became clear to me that the place I should be was the one I had just left.
我一到达伦敦,就发现我应该回到我刚刚离开的地方。
I arrived just in time to pull Quirrell off you."
我赶来的恰是时候,正好把奇洛从你身上拉开——”
"It was you."
“原来是您。”
"I feared I might be too late."
“我还担心已经太晚了。”
"You nearly were,
“差一点儿就来不及了,
哈利波特与魔法石

I couldn't have kept him off the Stone much longer —"

我已经支撑不了多久,魔法石很快就要被他抢去了——”

"Not the Stone, boy, you — the effort involved nearly killed you.
“不是魔法石,孩子,我指的是你——你为了保卫魔法石差点儿丢了性命。
For one terrible moment there, I was afraid it had.
在那可怕的一瞬间,我吓坏了,以为你真的死了。
As for the Stone, it has been destroyed."
至于魔法石嘛,它已经被毁掉了。”
"Destroyed?" said Harry blankly.
“毁掉了?”哈利不解地问,
"But your friend — Nicolas Flamel —"
“可是您的朋友——尼可勒梅——”
"Oh, you know about Nicolas?" said Dumbledore, sounding quite delighted.
“哦,你居然还知道尼可?”邓布利多问道,语气显得很高兴,
"You did do the thing properly, didn't you?
“你把这件事搞得很清楚,是吗?
Well, Nicolas and I have had a little chat, and agreed it's all for the best."
是这样的,尼可和我谈了谈,我们一致认为这是最好的办法。”
"But that means he and his wife will die, won't they?"
“可是,那样一来,他和他妻子就要死了,是吗?”
"They have enough Elixir stored to set their affairs in order and then, yes, they will die."
“他们存了一些长生不老药,足够让他们把事情料理妥当。然后,是啊,他们会死。”
Dumbledore smiled at the look of amazement on Harry's face.
看到哈利脸上惊愕的表情,邓布利多不禁露出了笑容。
"To one as young as you, I'm sure it seems incredible,
“我知道,对像你这样年纪轻轻的人来说,这似乎有些不可思议;
but to Nicolas and Perenelle, it really is like going to bed after a very, very long day.
但是对尼可和佩雷纳尔来说,死亡实际上就像是经过漫长的一天之后,终于上床休息了。
After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.
而且,对于头脑十分清醒的人来说,死亡不过是另一场伟大的冒险。
You know, the Stone was really not such a wonderful thing.
你知道,魔法石其实并不是多么美妙的东西。
As much money and life as you could want!
有了它,不论你想拥有多少财富、获得多长寿命,都可以如愿以偿!
The two things most human beings would choose above all — the trouble is,
这两样东西是人类最想要的——问题是,
humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them."
人类偏偏就喜欢选择对他们最没有好处的东西。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
incredible [in'kredəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 难以置信的,惊人的

 
prevent [pri'vent]

想一想再看

v. 预防,防止

联想记忆
flight [flait]

想一想再看

n. 飞行,航班
n. 奇思妙想,一段楼

 
adventure [əd'ventʃə]

想一想再看

n. 冒险,奇遇
vt. 冒险,尝试

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。