手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 双语阅读 > 名著小说 > 我是马拉拉 > 正文

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第13章:古尔玛凯的日记(15)

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

My mother used to tell me to hide my face when I spoke to the media because at my age I should be in purdah and she was afraid for my safety.

母亲经常告诫我,在媒体上说话时,要记得把脸遮起来,因为在我这个年纪,应该懂得遵守妇德,而且她也担心我的人身安全。
But she never banned me from doing anything.
但她从不会阻止我去做任何事。
It was a time of horror and fear.
那是一段充满恐怖与惧怕的日子。
People often said the Taliban might kill my father but not me.
人们总说,塔利班可能会杀害我的父亲,但不会对我下手。
'Malala is a child,' they would say, 'and even the Taliban don't kill children.'
“马拉拉还是个孩子,”他们会说,“就算是塔利班也不会杀小孩。”
But my grandmother wasn't so sure.
但我的外祖母却并不那么确定。
Whenever my grandmother saw me speaking on television, or leaving the house she would pray, 'Please God make Malala like Benazir Bhutto but do not give her Benazir's short life.'
每当祖母看见我在电视上说话,或看到我准备要出门,她就会祈祷:“真主啊,请让马拉拉成为像贝·布托一样的人,但请不要让她跟贝·布托一样短命。”
After my school closed down I continued to write the blog.
学校虽然关闭了,但我还在继续写博客。
Four days after the ban on girls' schools, five more were destroyed.
在女子学校被禁四天后,有五所女校被摧毁了。
'I am quite surprised,' I wrote, 'because these schools had closed so why did they also need to be destroyed?
“我不明白,”我写道,“既然这些学校都已经关门了,为什么还要摧毁它们呢?”
No one has gone to school following the Taliban's deadline.
在塔利班订立的期限到来之后,没有一个人再去上学了。
The army is doing nothing about it.
而我们的军队则尸位素餐。
They are sitting in their bunkers on top of the hills.
在他们山顶上的地堡里挺尸。
They slaughter goats and eat with pleasure.'
享受着酒池肉林般的生活。


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。