手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 双语阅读 > 名著小说 > 我是马拉拉 > 正文

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 头部中枪的女孩(3)

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

No one told me what was going on or who had brought me to the hospital.

没有人告诉我发生了什么事,或是谁把我送到医院的。
I thought they didn't know themselves.
我想可能连她们自己也不知道答案。
I could feel that the left side of my face wasn't working properly.
我可以感觉到自己左半张脸无法正常工作。
If I looked at the nurses or doctors for too long my left eye watered.
如果我盯着护士或医生看一会儿,左眼就会流出泪水。
I didn't seem to be able to hear from my left ear and my jaw wouldn't move properly.
我的左耳听不见,也无法顺利地移动我的下颚。
I gestured to people to stand on my right.
我示意人们站在我的右侧。
Then a kind lady called Dr Fiona came and gave me a white teddy bear.
之后,来了一位亲切的女士——菲奥娜医生,她送了一只白色的泰迪熊给我。
She said I should call it Junaid and she would explain why later.
她说我可以叫它朱奈德,过后她会跟我说明缘由。
I didn't know who Junaid was so I named it Lily.
我不知道谁是朱奈德,因此我叫它莉莉。
She also brought me a pink exercise book to write in.
她还带了一本粉红色的笔记本,让我可以在上面写字。
The first two questions my pen wrote were, 'Why have I no father?' and 'My father has no money.
我用笔写下的头两个问题是:“为什么我父亲不在这里?”和“我父亲没有钱。
Who will pay for all this?'
谁来支付我的医疗费用?”
Your father is safe,' she replied. 'He is in Pakistan. Don't worry about payment.'
“你的父亲很安全,”她回答,“他人在巴基斯坦。关于医疗费用的问题,你也不用操心。”
I repeated the questions to anyone who came in. They all said the same.
我用同样的问题询问每一个进来的人,他们的答案都一样。
But I was not convinced.
但他们说服不了我。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
convinced [kən'vinst]

想一想再看

adj. 信服的

 
payment ['peimənt]

想一想再看

n. 支付,付款,报偿,报应

 
lily ['lili]

想一想再看

adj. 纯白的 n. 百合花

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。