欢迎回来。Haven't Met You Yet这首歌自发行以来一直比较抢眼,在Billboard Hot 100榜单上总共持续了45周,算是成绩斐然了。期待爱情的过程是美丽的,因为未知,所以满是憧憬与希望。完美而理想的爱情也只有在这个阶段才会出现。这样看来,单身的朋友都是幸福的。好啦,一起来看看今天的学习内容
haven't met you yet
yet: adv. 还;但是;已经conj. 但是;然而
be yet to do 尚未做;还没有
They believe the worst may be yet to come. 他们相信,更糟的还在后面。
With all the work yet to be done and with all the interruptions, he was at the end of his tether那么多工作要做,又有各种各样的干扰,他真是束手无策了。(tether:['te夀崂 n. 范围;系链;拴绳 at the end of one's tether 山穷水尽)
I'm not surprised not everything lasts.
surprised [s'praizd] adj.惊奇的;惊讶的;觉得奇怪的;感觉意外的
Actually I was just as surprised as you were.事实上,我也跟你一样感到惊讶。
surprised at/by sb/sth (that); surprised to see, hear, etc.对...事情感到惊讶
I'm not surprised at her frankness.我一点也不惊讶于她的率直。
Her friends were surprised to see that she was very slim.她的朋友看到她这么苗条都很意外。
I've broken my heart so many times. I stop keeping track.
track: n. 轨道;足迹,踪迹;小道vt. 追踪;通过;
to keep track of sth: 记录;掌握…的线索,了解…的动态;
The airline has a system to keep track of all passengers.航空公司有套系统可以追踪到所有的乘客。
I talk myself in. I talk myself out.
talk sb into sth说服某人做某事 ; 劝某人做某事 ;
She is trying to talk me into changing my mind. 她正试图说服我改变主意。
Dennis didn't want to go at first but I managed to talk him into it. 丹尼斯起初不肯去,但我设法说服了他。
talk sb out of 说服某人不做某事
My best friend tried to talk me out of doing this, but now she respects my decision. 我最好的朋友曾经劝我不要这么做,但现在她尊重我的选择。
I tried so very hard not to loose it 我努力地使自己不要失控
lose it:发疯;失控;失去理智
If it goes on like this, I think I'll lose it!如果情况还没有什么变化,我肯定会疯掉。
I came up with a million excuses 我给自己找了成千上万的理由
come up with sth: 提出;想出;
It's wonderful for you to come up with such a good idea.你能想出这么一个主意真是太棒了。
We've got to put our heads together and come up with a solution.我们得碰一下头,找出解决办法/我们得碰个面一起想想办法。
今天的节目就这么多啦。忙碌的一天下来,总是能在音乐中放松疲惫的身心,感谢大家的陪伴与聆听,我是琳达,下期见!
本节目属可可原创,未经许可请勿转载