欢迎回来。Sitting down here来自挪威歌手Lene Marlin。爱情容不得猜忌,信任一旦失去,矛盾当然会风起云涌,最后只能分道扬镳。这是这首歌的主题。当然不希望这种情节发生在现实生活的爱情当中。希望你的爱情就像Lene的嗓音,清澈透明甜蜜温馨。词汇扩展:
Your words cut rather deeply你的话很伤人
cut: v.切, 割, 剪, 削减, 伤害, 切牌 n.切口, 份额,切, 割, 式样, 剪辑
Words cut more than swords.言语比利剑更伤人。
Each partner has a cut of the profits.每个合伙人都可分到一份利润。
a cut above 比...略胜一筹
Her work is a cut above that of the others.她干的活儿比别人要好些。
cut school/class:逃学/逃课
She started cutting classes.她开始逃课。
cut sb short:打断某人,插嘴
I tried to explain, but he cut me short.我试着解释,但是他打断了我。
not cut it:达不到要求;不能胜任
Players who can't cut it will have to leave.能力不够的球员须得离队。
defending all against it
defend:v.保卫;保护;防守;防御
Some players are better at defending.有些运动员较擅长打防卫。
She defended herself successfully in court.她在法庭上成功地为自己进行了辩护。
defend against 保卫;抵抗
The things we most need to hear are often the things we defend against hearing the most.我们最需要倾听的往往是我们最不想听到的事情。
But somehow it gets to you 但不知道为什么总是会让你生气
get to sb:使生气;使烦恼
I'm under a lot of pressure at work, and sometimes it gets to me a bit.我工作压力很大,有时候会有点烦。
Don't let things get to you.不要让什么事情去影响你的情绪。
get to do sth有机会能够做某事
We got to meet all the stars after the show.演出之后我们得以见到了所有明星。
You are not perfect. You don't get to judge me.你自己不完美,凭什么来给我扣帽子/评价我!
get at:一再批评,老是指责
He felt he was being got at by the other students.他觉得其他同学老是在刁难自己。
Why is he always getting at me?他为什么老是找我麻烦?
Cause I've learned to get revenge 因为我已经学会了怎样去报复
revenge [ri'vendʒ] n.报仇, 报复, 报复心, 雪耻机会 vt.报复, 报仇
Mark my words. —I shall revenge sooner or later.你听好了,我迟早会报仇雪恨的。
They vowed revenge on their enemies.他们发誓要向敌人报仇。
I did not do it out of revenge.我做那件事并不是出于报复。
祝好!
琳达微信: lindaonthego
本节目属可可原创,未经许可请勿转载