clock in打卡上班
Don't forget to clock in. Otherwise you won't get paid.别忘了打卡,否则这天就没薪水啦。
Five-thirty is the time to clock out.五时三十分是下班时间。
come on to 对...轻薄;吃豆腐
Tanya slapped Bill after he came on to her. Tanya在Bill对她轻薄之后打了他一巴掌。
I slapped Sam after he came on to My mother.我打了Sam一巴掌,因为他调戏了我妈!
come easily 易如反掌
Languages come easily to some people.语言学习对有些人来说易如反掌。
The achievements have not come easily as they are the result of blood and sweat from all这成绩来之不易,凝聚了大家的心血和汗水。
have a cow反应过度; 激动; (非正式) 发飙; 生气; 焦虑;
Don't have a cow! I'll pay for the damages.别这么激动好不好!我会赔偿损失的。
Calm down. Don’t have a cow. I’m sure you’ll find your wallet. 耐心点,我肯定你能找你的钱包的。
push around 任意摆布;推来推去
Don't try to push me around!我可不会让你任意使唤我/我可不是任人欺负的主!
We don't like somebody coming in with lots of money and trying to push people around.我们可不想有钱人加入进来然后仗着财大气粗到处使唤人。
keep one's shirt on保持冷静
Keep your shirt on. He didn't mean to offend you. That's just the way he talks.保持冷静/先别生气。他说话就这样,并不是有意冒犯你。
cool it冷静一点
Cool it. You are making me mad.冷静一点。你快把我逼疯了。
joy ride兜风
Let's go for a joy ride.让我们去兜兜风。
red-letter day大日子;大喜的日子
This is a red-letter day for Susan. She made her first sale to a very important client.今天是susan的大日子。她和一个非常重要的客户做成了第一笔生意。
It was a real red letter day for me when my son came home from three years in the navy.我儿子在海军里服役了三年。他回家的那天对我来说真是一个大喜日子。
琳达微信号:槲寄生Mistletoe
本节目属可可原创,未经许可请勿转载