Part I DICTATION (15MIN)
Listen to the floowing passage. Altogether the passage will be read to you four times. During the first reading, which will be done at normal speed, listen and try to understand the meaning. For the second and third reading, the passage will be read sentece by sentece, or phrase by phrase, with intervals of 15 sencond. The last reading will be read at normal speed again and during the time you should check your work. You will then be given 2 minutes to check through your work once more.Please write the whole passage on ANSWER SHEET ONE.
PART Ⅱ LISTENING COMPREHE (20 MIN)
In sections A, B and C you will hear everything ONCE ONLY. Listen carefully and then answer the questions that follow. Mark the correct answer to each question on your answer sheet.
SECTION A CONVERSATIONS
In this section you will hear several conversations. Listen to the conversations carefully and then answer the questions that follow.
Questions l to 3 are based on the following conversation．At the end of the conversation, you will be given 15 seconds to answer the questions．Now, listen to the conversation.
1. According to the conversation, an example of “Christmas trimmings” could be
2. A Christmas lunch would include all the following EXCEPT
A. roast turkey.
B. sweet potatoes.
3. Why did Helen come to Rob’s house?
A. She wanted to talk to Rob.
B. She had come to help Rob.
C. She had been invited to lunch.
D. She was interested in cooking.
Questions 4 to 7 are based on the following conversation．At the end of the conversation，you will be given 20 seconds to answer the questions．Now, listen to the conversation．
4. Why did the woman phone the club?
A. She wanted to know more about it.
B. She was a new comer and felt lonely.
C. She wanted to learn a new language.
D. She was interested in social activities.
5. We learn from the conversation that the club
A. mainly organizes language activities.
B. accepts members from local students.
C. has been set up for a long time.
D. is increasing its membership.
6. According to the conversation, the woman might come to practice German on
7. What is the man going to do after the conversation?
A. Call up the woman for her address.
B. Wait for the woman to call him again.
C. Mail the woman some information.
D. Wait for the woman to pick up a form.
Questions 8 to 10 are based on the following conversation．At the end of the conversation，you will be given 15 seconds to answer the questions．Now, listen to the conversation．
8. According to the woman, what actually makes her job difficult?
A. Difficult questions from interviewees.
B. Embarrassing requests from interviewees.
C. Lack of professional background.
D. Lack of interviewing skills.
9. The woman uses all the following adjectives when talking about attending job fairs EXCEPT
10. We learn from the conversation that the woman
A. works better at job fairs.
B. prefers honest people.
C. often works on her own.
D. is experienced in her work.
SECTION B PASSAGES
In this section ,you will hear several passages. Listen to the passages carefully and then answer the questions that follow.
Questions 11 to 13 are based on the following passage．At the end of the passage, you will be given 15 seconds to answer the questions．Now, listen to the passage．
11. According to today's weather forecast, which part of Europe has dry weather?
A. Scandinavian mountains.
B. Northwestern Europe.
C. Northern Europe.
D. Southern Europe.
12. In which part of Europe does the weather stay both fine and cool?
A. Southern Europe.
B. Northern Europe.
C. Eastern Europe.
D. Northwestern Europe.
13. In which region will the weather change tomorrow?
A. Northern parts of the Mediterranean.
B. Eastern parts of the Mediterranean.
C. Central parts of the Mediterranean.
D. Southern parts of the Mediterranean.
Questions 14 to 17 are based on the following passage．At the end of the passage, you will be given 20 seconds to answer the questions．Now, listen to the passage．
14. According to the passage, what benefit can technology bring to people?
A. Closer contact with modern devices.
B. Greater changes in social organization.
C. Better understanding of mass media.
D. More useful information to better their life.
15. The speaker questions about everybody's access to technological advances. The main reason is
C. food shortage.
16. According to the UN plan, all the following will be achieved within ten years EXCEPT
A. giving everyone a radio or TV.
B. starting to carry out the scheme in ten years.
C. offering internet service to more people.
D. providing more job opportunities.
17. What could be the topic of the passage?
A. Growth in telecommunications.
B. Technology and the developing world.
C. Education and medical care.
D. Building an information society.
Questions 18 to 20 are based on the following passage．At the end of the passage, you will be
given 15 seconds to answer the questions．Now, listen to the passage．
18. People in Latin America wear something __________ to express their hopes for wealth in the New Year.
19. Which of the following New Year’s traditions signals friendship?
A. Throwing old dishes.
B. Wearing something red.
C. Wearing something white.
D. Eating round fruits.
20. Which of the following is NOT mentioned as one's own New Year's tradition?
A. Watching TV at home.
B. Going to bed early.
C. Visiting friends.
D. Running and shouting outside.