Part I DICTATION (15MIN)
Listen to the following passage.Altogether the passage will be read to you four times.During the first reading,which will be done at normal speed,listen and try to understand the meaning.For the second and third readings,the passage will be read sentence by sentence,or phrase by phrase,with intervals of 15 seconds.The last reading will be done at normal speed again and during this time you should check your work.You will then be given 2 minutes to check through your work once more.Please write the whole passage on ANSWER SHEET ONE.Now, listen to the passage.
PART Ⅱ LISTENING COMPREHE (20 MIN)
In sections A, B and C you will hear everything ONCE ONLY. Listen carefully and then answer the questions that follow. Mark the correct answer to each question on your answer sheet.
SECTION A CONVERSATIONS
In this section you will hear several conversations. Listen to the conversations carefully and then answer the questions that follow.
Questions l to 3 are based on the following conversation．At the end of the conversation, you will be given 15 seconds to answer the questions．Now, listen to the conversation.
1. What are they mainly talking about in the conversation?
A. Transport. B. Customers. C. Relocation. D. Restaurants.
2. Which of the following is mentioned by Tim as a good reason for moving?
A. More office space. B. Convenient parking.
C. Fewer office workers. D. A near-by train station.
3. Why is Jane worried about winter in the new location?
A. It is much colder there. B. There are few activities.
C. There are no good restaurants. D. There is no cinema or theatre.
Questions 4 to 7 are based on the following conversation．At the end of the conversation，you will be given 20 seconds to answer the questions．Now, listen to the conversation．
4. Miss Parkinson became interested in her own business _______.
A. before she worked for the media company B. when she was on holiday five years ago
C. after she went to therapists and classes D. after her friend recommended it to her
5. Why did she ask her teachers to teach her at home?
A. She was busier than before. B. It was more convenient.
C. She liked to exercise at home. D. She was given a promotion.
6. Which of the following is NOT true according to the conversation?
A. She recommended people to take classes. B. She was willing to pay more for classes at home.
C. She left her job immediately after her promotion. D. She regarded the business as a pastime at first.
7. Why did she finally leave her job?
A. She got bored with her job. B. She saw an opportunity.
C. She needed the money. D. She was forced to leave.
Questions 8 to 10 are based on the following conversation．At the end of the conversation，you will be given 15 seconds to answer the questions．Now, listen to the conversation．
8. Which of the following is NOT mentioned about the single-lens reflex?
A. Different lenses can be used. B. Focusing is easier.
C. You can see what you are taking. D. It is cheaper and lighter.
9. According to the shop assistant, the main difference between the two types of cameras lies in _______.
A. lens B. price C. weight D. size
10. It can be inferred from the conversation that the customer is more likely to buy _______ in the end.
A. a single-lens camera B. nothing C. a rangefinder camera D. several lenses instead
SECTION B PASSAGES
In this section ,you will hear several passages. Listen to the passages carefully and then answer the questions that follow.
Questions 11 to 13 are based on the following passage．At the end of the passage, you will be given 15 seconds to answer the questions．Now, listen to the passage．
11. Which of the following details about the front of the house is CORRECT?
A. The front is pink. B. The curtain is drawn.
C. No window can be seen. D. There are two doors.
12. What is to the immediate left side of the house?
A. A washing line. B. Another house.
C. A flat area. D. A chimney.
13. Where is the small town in the picture?
A. Between two hills. B. Further to the left of the house.
C. At the back of the house. D. At the side of a hill.
Questions 14 to 17 are based on the following passage．At the end of the passage, you will be given 20 seconds to answer the questions．Now, listen to the passage．
14. When did Ben first become interested in Mongolia?
A. When he grew up. B. When he learned Mongolian.
C. When he returned home. D. When he was nine years old.
15. Where did he spend most of his teenage years?
A. In Mongolia. B. In the Arab world.
C. In his hometown. D. In some other regions.
16. We learn from the passage that Ben _______ while doing his master’s degree.
A. became interested in classical Mongolian B. learned classical and modern Mongolian
C. gave up modern Mongolian D. mastered modern Mongolian
17. Which of the following details is NOT true according to the passage?
A. Ben wants to visit Mongolia when the weather is warm. B. Ben considers the travel expense reasonable.
C. The trip today is expensive considering inflation. D. Ben was unable to travel to Mongolia in 1971.
Questions 18 to 20 are based on the following passage．At the end of the passage, you will be
given 15 seconds to answer the questions．Now, listen to the passage．
18. Which is the height of towers at Sky Greens vertical farm?
A. 9 meters. B. 20 meters.
C. 100 meters. D. 40 meters.
19. Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage?
A. The farm sells its vegetables to a local supermarket. B. The farm uses less water and energy to grow vegetables.
C. The farm causes less pollution in its production. D. The farm sells at the same price as imported produce
20. According to the passage, one particular advantage of the Sky Green is _______.
A. local climate B. local support
C. plan for expansion D. closeness to the city