手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 专业八级 > 专八听力 > 英语专八听力真题 > 正文

2023年英语专业八级真题听力 Interview(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Now, Jim, you said a gap year can be just a few months?

吉姆,你说间隔年可以只有几个月?

So what if people don't want to take a whole year out?

那么,如果人们不想花一整年的时间呢?

Well, everyone gets confused when you say gap year.

哦,当你说间隔年的时候,人人都会感到困惑。

They are like, "What? It's a whole year?"

他们会觉得,“什么?要一整年吗?”

No, it's not. A gap year is just time-out between life stages.

不,不是的。间隔年只是人生各阶段之间的休息时间。

People from all ages and all backgrounds take a gap year, you know.

不同年龄和不同背景的人都会选择间隔年。

And the majority of this time, I'd say, it's usually only for three to nine months.

我要说的是,大多数时候,它通常只持续三到九个月。

Anyway, back to the question.

不管怎样,回到问题上来。

If people only want to travel for a month or so, then there are a number of short gap options.

如果人们只想旅行一个月左右,那么有很多短期的休学选择。

For example, they can travel around China or Southeast Asia, taking in the sights.

例如,他们可以在中国或东南亚各地旅行,欣赏风景。

They can volunteer in South America and they can go on an overland tour in Africa.

他们可以在南美做志愿者,也可以去非洲进行陆路旅行。

There are endless opportunities out there.

有无数种机会。

All you need to do is to decide what it is you want to see and do.

你只需要决定你想看什么、想做什么。

Short gaps are like ultra-concentrated gap years.

短期的休学就像超高强度的间隔年。

Now, another question. You yourself travelled and volunteered in your gap year.

还有一个问题。在你的间隔年,你独自旅行并做了志愿者。

So why is that a good option?

为什么这是一个好的选择呢?

Because you are not only making a direct difference to local peoples' lives, but you're also learning more about a specific culture and society.

因为你不仅对当地人的生活产生了直接的影响,而且你还学到了更多关于某种文化和社会的知识。

Often you can learn a lot more about an area volunteering than just travelling around.

通常来说,做志愿者会比旅行更能让你了解一个地方。

We'd love to find out what is on people's travel list.

我们很想知道人们的旅行清单上都有什么。

Could you tell us yours?

你能告诉我们你的吗?

I think a travel list has to be as ridiculous as possible.

我认为旅行清单必须尽可能地荒谬。

It has to be made up of things that are achievable and things that are, perhaps, unachievable.

它必须要包括可以实现和可能无法实现的东西。

After all, what do you do when you've done everything?

毕竟,如果所有事情都能做到,那你还会做什么呢?

Um, on my travel list: No.1, cage diving with great white sharks;

我的旅行清单:第一,与大白鲨一起笼中潜水;

No.2, hitch-hiking across America from New York to San Francisco;

第二,搭顺风车横穿美国,从纽约到旧金山;

No.3, touring overland in Africa;

第三,在非洲大陆旅行;

and No.4 is climbing Mt. Qomolangma, which, let's be honest, I need to think twice.

第四是攀登珠穆朗玛峰,老实说,这一条我需要三思。

So Jim, you've travelled a huge amount for somebody who's only 26 years old.

吉姆,对一个只有26岁的人来说,你已经旅行了很多地方。

I'm curious. How did you get the travel bug?

我很好奇。你为什么会热衷于旅游?

Well, firstly, I grew up in an international household with a German mother and an Italian-American father.

首先,我在一个国际家庭长大,母亲是德国人,父亲是意大利裔美国人。

So our daily lives and conversations always were more global in a lot of ways.

因此,我们的日常生活和对话在很多方面都更加全球化。

Thus, I always saw the world as small and attainable.

所以,我总觉得世界很小,任何地方都是可以抵达的。

Secondly, when I was 16, I left home to go to the United World College,which is a 2-year boarding school with students from 90 different countries.

其次,我16岁的时候,离开家去了联合世界学院,这是一所两年制的寄宿学校,有来自90个不同国家的学生。

There, I really grew to see the entire world as an interconnected place, and began to think of myself less with national identities and more through global and human lenses.

在那里,我真正开始将整个世界视为一个相互联系的地方,并开始更多地从全球和人类的视角来看待自己,而不仅仅是根据国籍。

These two things really explain my love for the world and help to explain my love of travel, I guess.

这两点充分解释了我对世界的热爱,我想也解释了我对旅游的热爱。

Oh, I see.

哦,我明白了。

And what will visiting every country in the world mean to you personally?

访问世界上每个国家对你个人来说意味着什么?

For me, it'll be about how much I've learned.

对我来说,重要的是我学到了多少。

It will be a validation of my ability to think critically and analyze the different ways that societies try to function.

这对我的批判性思维以及分析不同的社会运行方式的能力是一种验证。

There's so much to learn from personal experience or being in a place.

亲自经历或者到达某个地方,可以学到很多东西。

And I love travel, because to me, it's about constant learning.

我喜欢旅行,因为对我来说,旅行就是不断学习。

Yeah. "Travel broadens one's mind", as the saying goes.

是的。俗话说得好,“旅游开阔眼界”。

Well, Jim, thank you very much for joining us on the interview.

吉姆,非常感谢你参加我们的访谈。

My pleasure.

我的荣幸。

This is the end of Part Two of the interview.

访谈的第二部分到此结束。

Questions 6 to 10 are based on what you've just heard.

根据刚刚听到的内容,回答6-10题。

Question 6.What does the man say about a gap year?

问题6.男子对间隔年有什么看法?

Question 7.According to the man, why is volunteering a good option?

问题7.根据男子的说法,为什么志愿服务是一个好的选择?

Question 8.Which of the following activities is the man least likely to do?

问题8.以下哪项活动是男子最不可能做的?

Question 9.What contributes to the man's love for travelling?

问题9.是什么促成了男子对旅行的热爱?

Question 10.What does the man see as a personal benefit of global travelling?

问题10.男子认为全球旅行给个人带来的好处是什么?

重点单词   查看全部解释    
benefit ['benifit]

想一想再看

n. 利益,津贴,保险金,义卖,义演
vt.

联想记忆
confused [kən'fju:zd]

想一想再看

adj. 困惑的;混乱的;糊涂的 v. 困惑(confu

 
majority [mə'dʒɔriti]

想一想再看

n. 多数,大多数,多数党,多数派
n.

 
function ['fʌŋkʃən]

想一想再看

n. 功能,函数,职务,重大聚会
vi. 运行

 
global ['gləubəl]

想一想再看

adj. 全球性的,全世界的,球状的,全局的

联想记忆
option ['ɔpʃən]

想一想再看

n. 选择权,可选物,优先购买权
v. 给予选

联想记忆
curious ['kjuəriəs]

想一想再看

adj. 好奇的,奇特的

联想记忆
constant ['kɔnstənt]

想一想再看

adj. 经常的,不变的
n. 常数,恒量

联想记忆
interview ['intəvju:]

想一想再看

n. 接见,会见,面试,面谈
vt. 接见,采

 
validation [,væli'deiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 批准;确认;生效

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。