剧情提示:听到艾希利要和梅兰结婚的消息,思佳丽非常震惊,她不敢相信,因为她一直觉得艾希利是喜欢自己的,她决定问刚从十二橡树回来的父亲...
Mr. O'HARA: (To his horse) There's none in the county can touch you, and none in the state.
奥哈拉:全国,全州都没人敢碰你。
SCARLETT: Paw? How proud of yourself you are!
思嘉:爸爸,你很骄傲。
Mr. O'HARA: Well, it is Scarlett O'Hara. So, you've been spying on me. And like your sister Sue Ellen, you'll be telling your mother on me, that I was jumping again.
奥哈拉:原来是思嘉·奥哈拉。你在监视我,你是不是要象你妹妹苏爱伦那样向你妈告我的状呢?说我又跳栏栅了?
SCARLETT: Oh, Paw, you know I'm no 'tattle like Sue Ellen. But it does seem to me that after you broke your knee last year jumping that same fence......
思嘉:爸爸,你知道我不象苏·爱伦那样爱搬弄是非。但是你去年跳栏弄伤了膝盖,从那后我就觉得这栏……
Mr. O'HARA: I'll not have me own daughter telling me what I shall jump and not jump. It's my own neck, so it is.
奥哈拉:我不用我的女儿告诉我是跳还是不跳。这是我自己的事。
SCARLETT: All right Paw, you jump what you please. How are they all over at Twelve Oaks?
思嘉:好吧,爸,随你喜欢吧。十二橡树那边怎么样?
Mr. O'HARA: The Wilkes? Oh, what you expect, with the barbecue tomorrow and talking, nothing but war...
奥哈拉:威尔克斯家?还能有什么呢?明天的烧烤会,谈来谈去不过是战争。
SCARLETT: Oh bother the war....was there, was there anyone else there?
思嘉:烦人的战争,还有其他人吗?·
Mr. O'HARA: Oh, their cousin Melanie Hamilton from Atlanta. And her brother Charles.
奥哈拉:还会有他们的表亲,亚特兰大来的媚兰·汉密尔顿。还有她弟弟查尔斯。
SCARLETT: Melanie Hamilton. She's a pale-faced mealy-mouthed ninny and I hate her.
思嘉:媚兰·威尔克斯,那个面青唇白的傻瓜,我讨厌她!
Mr. O'HARA: Ashley Wilkes doesn't think so.
奥哈拉:希礼·威尔克斯可不这么想。
SCARLETT: Ashley Wilkes couldn't like anyone like her.
思嘉:希礼·威尔克斯可不会喜欢她这种人。
Mr. O'HARA: What's your interest in Ashley and Miss Melanie?
奥哈拉:你怎么对希礼和媚兰小姐这么感兴趣。
SCARLETT: It's...it's nothing. Let's go into the house, Paw.
思嘉:晤,没什么,我们进屋吧,爸。