1. for some reason 由于某种原因
The boss keeps finding fault with my work; for some reason he's been getting at me all day.
老板老是挑剔我的工作,不知为什么他老是整天纠缠着我。
For some reason she didn't turn up.
由于某种原因,她没有来。
情景对话:
A: She impressed you, right? 她给你留下很深的印象,是吗?
B: Yeah, for some reason, she did stick in my mind. 是的,由于某种原因,她就是令我难忘。
2. get to know 增进(彼此间的)了解
Only those who learn how to live can get to know themselves and life.
只有知道如何生活的人们,才会开始认识自己和人生。
You'll like her once you get to know her.
你一旦了解她,就喜欢她了。
情景对话:
A: I have some disagreements with my wife. 我和妻子之间有些分歧。
B: You'd better get to know each other better. 你们最好加深彼此间的了解。
3. be together 在一起
They will be together forever.
他们将会永远结合在一起。
What a wonderful time to be together.
在一起的时光多么快乐。
情景对话:
A: You two are a well-matched people. 你们两个真般配。
B: Yeah, we're meant to be together. 我们注定要在一起的。
4. share sth. with sb. 与某人分享某物
She won’t share her secret with us.
她不愿意把她的秘密告诉我们。
I will share the cost with you,and your share of the cost is about $10.
我会和你平摊费用, 你的这份费用大概是10美元。
情景对话:
A: I'd like to live with you for some time. 我想和你们一起住一段时间。
B: Great! I'll share my room with you. 太好了,你可以和我合用一个房间。