I hope she practises.
我希望她勤练习
No excellence can be acquired without constant practice.
持续的练习才能表现出色
I've told Mrs Collins this.
我告诉过柯林斯先生这点
Though you have no instrument, you're welcome to come to Rosings
妳自己没有乐器 随时欢迎到罗新庄园
and play on the pianoforte in the housekeeper's room.
到管家房间练习钢琴?
You'll be in nobody's way in that part of the house.
谢谢 在那边妳不会打扰到任何人
You mean to frighten me by coming in all your state to hear me.
达西先生 你靠近是要听音乐还是想吓唬我?
But I won't be alarmed, even if your sister does play so well.
但我并不怕 虽然妳妹妹弹得很好
I know that I cannot alarm you even should I wish it.
我知道 即使我想,我也吓不了妳
What was my friend like in Hertfordshire?
我的朋友在哈福郡的表现如何?
Prepare yourself for something very dreadful.
准备听些可怕的事
The first time I saw him, he danced with nobody,
第一次见到他时 他不肯跟任何人跳舞
though gentlemen were scarce
即使当时绅士很少
and there was more than one lady without a partner.
没有舞伴的不只一位女士
I knew nobody beyond my own party.
除了我朋友,我不认识任何人
Nobody can be introduced at a ball.
大家在舞会中会互相介绍
Fitzwilliam, I need you.
费兹威廉,我需要你
I do not have the talent
我没有那种天份
of conversing easily with people I have never met before.
和没见过的人轻易交谈
Perhaps you should take your aunt's advice and practise.
也许你该听你姨妈的忠告 勤於练习