Mrs Cooper: Here you go, Shelly.
给,Shelly。
Sheldon: Thanks, mom.
谢谢,妈妈。
Mrs Cooper: Hold your horses, young man. Here in Texas, we pray before we eat.
别那么猴急,年轻人,在德克萨斯,吃饭前要祈祷。
Sheldon: Aw, mom.
噢,妈。
Mrs Cooper: This is not California, land of the heathen. Give me. By His hand we are all...
这儿可不是在野蛮人的乐土,加州。 把手给我, 上帝的手喂养了...
Sheldon: ...fed.
我们。
Mrs Cooper: Give us, Lord, our daily...
主啊,每日你赐予我们...
Sheldon: ...bread.
食物。
Mrs Cooper: Please know that we are truly...
请相信我们万分...
Sheldon: ...grateful.
感恩。
Mrs Cooper: For every cup and every...
感激每杯水每餐...
Sheldon: ...plateful.
饭。
Mrs Cooper: Amen. Now, that wasn't so hard, was it?
阿门。也没那么难对吧?
Sheldon: My objection was based on considerations other than difficulty.
我反感的是祷文太罗嗦而不是因为念祷文本身难。
Mrs Cooper: Whatever. Jesus still loves you.
随便吧上帝还是会爱你
Sheldon: Thank you for carving a smiley face in my grilled cheese sandwich.
谢谢在我的烤干酪上刻的这个笑脸。
Mrs Cooper: Oh, I know how to take care of my baby. His eyes came out a little thin. But you can just pretend he's Chinese.So, do you want to talk about what happened with you and your little friends?
我知道怎么照顾自己的孩子,虽然他眼睛长得细小,但也不能把他当成中国人呀。那么,你想谈一谈,你和你朋友们之间的事情吗?
Sheldon: They're not my friends.
他们不是我的朋友
Mrs Cooper: All right. If you recall, when you were little, we sat right here at this very spot and we talked about some of the problems you had getting along with the neighbor kids.
好吧。你还记不记得,你小时候我们就坐在这里,谈论过一些你和邻居家的小孩们相处上的一些问题。
Sheldon: That was different. They were threatened by my intelligence and too stupid to know that's why they hated me.
那不一样。他们被我的天才所威胁到,还蠢到不知道这就是他们讨厌我的原因。
Mrs Cooper: Oh baby, they knew very well why they hated you.
噢,孩子,他们很清楚为什么讨厌你。