I want to make sure that we avoid any...misunderstandings or miscommunications.我希望我们之间不要有任何误解
make sure弄明白; 设法确保
I'm going to make sure if I'm going to Macao.
我要拿定主意我是否去澳门。
I'll make sure of the time of the flight.
我要核实一下这班飞机的时间。
Ezra Fitz has applied to the school district as a substitute teacher.以斯拉·菲兹应聘到了我们校区作为一名代课教师
apply作“申请”解时是不及物动词,常用于“apply to...for...”结构表示“向…申请…”,介词to的宾语可以是人或组织机构, for的宾语可以是物或职位等。
He is applying to the Consul for a visa.
他正向领事申请签证。
I advise that they apply to the council for a home improvement grant.
我建议他们向市政会申请改善住房的贷款。
he will probably, at some point,be assigned to cover a class here.他也许就会被派来教一个班
be assigned to归属于, 被指派
Do you hope to be assigned to work in the country ?
你希望分配到农村工作吗?
All the students are assigned to suitable jobs.
所有的学生都分到了合适的工作。