Until one day, a stranger arrived.
直到有一天,有个陌生人来了
Calm down. Calm down, everybody. Calm down. That's enough.
冷静,大家冷静 够了
Mr. Mayor, he ate an entire corn field. - He ate my dog.
他吃光了整个玉米田 -他吃了我的狗
If you ain't gonna stop him, mayor, we will.
镇长,你不阻止他 我们自己来
I won't have mob violence in this town.
我不容许本镇有暴民滋事
Now, has someone tried talking to him?
有人试过去跟他谈谈吗?
You can't reason with him. - He's a monster.
你没法跟他讲道理的 -他是个怪物
I'll do it. I'll talk to him. See if I can get him to go.
我去谈.我去设法叫他离开这里
That creature could crush you without trying.
那个怪物一眨眼就能捏碎你
Oh, trust me, he'll have to try.
相信我,没那么容易的
Hello?
你好?
My name is Edward Bloom, and I wanna talk to you!
我叫爱德华布鲁,我要跟你谈谈
Go away!
走开!
Now, I'm not going anywhere until you show yourself!
我不走,除非你出来!
I said, go away!
我叫你走开!
Armed with the foreknowledge of my own death...
由于我知道自己的死法…
I knew the giant couldn't kill me.
我知道这巨人根本杀不死我
All the same, I preferred to keep my bones unbroken.
同样的,我也想毫发无伤
Why are you here?
你为什么来这里?
So you can eat me.
好让你吃了我
The town decided to send a human sacrifice and I volunteered.
镇上决定用活人献祭 我自愿前来
My arms are a little stringy, but there's some good eating in my legs.
我的手臂有点瘦 但我的脚满好吃的
I mean, I'd be tempted to eat them myself.
连我自己都会想吃它
So I guess, well...
所以我想…
If you'd just get it over with quick, because I'm not much for pain, really.
我想如果你吃快一点的话 我会比较不痛