手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 纸牌屋第一季 > 正文

纸牌屋第一季(MP3+中英字幕) 第7期:裁员

来源:可可英语 编辑:liekkas   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Ferguson. Too old.

费格森,太老了
Willis? Too stupid.
威利斯,太蠢了
Boyd. Too queer.
博伊德,太基了
Really?
不是吧
He's married with three kids.
他都结婚,育有三子了

纸牌屋第一季.jpg

And wouldn't they be devastated.

他们肯定要伤心死了
All right.
好吧
What about Catherine Durant?
凯瑟琳·杜兰特呢
Cathy Durant ...
凯茜·杜兰特
She was vocally anti Walker.
她曾公开反沃克
She's got the experience.
她有经验
Set up a meeting.
替我安排会面
The donation from Sancorp...
桑科公司的捐款
The money will have to come from somewhere else.
那笔钱得另想办法了
God, what happened?
天哪,怎么回事
I've looked over the budget for fiscal 13
我看了13年的预算
and we've allocated 1.6 million for salaries.
其中160万是员工工资
We need to cut that in half.
我们要把这项支出减半
What, you're suggesting... Evelyn,
什么,你是说,伊芙琳
we're going to let some people go.
我们要裁员
That would be half of our staff?
裁掉一半吗
We have to carve out some room.
我们必须腾出些位置
But you'll have to fire some essential people
但这样就得裁掉些从一开始
who have been with us since the beginning.
就跟着我们的老员工啊
We are a charity,
我们是慈善机构
but not for our employees.
但不服务于职员
You know, um, Claire, I have held my tongue
克莱尔,要知道一直以来
about this whole international thing for a while.
我没对国际化的事发表意见
But, I don't get it.
但我想不通
I mean, we're really good at what we do,
为什么要放弃现有熟悉的业务
why do we have to try and be something we're not?
转而做一些我们不在行的事情呢
Because we've plateaued, Evelyn,
因为发展到了瓶颈,伊芙琳
and it is time for us, for our entire organisation...
这个机构,现在应当...
But digging wells in Africa? We don't know anything about that.
去非洲挖井吗,我们对此一无所知
Which is why we have to bring in new people.
因此我们需要雇佣新员工
This is the plan that I've proposed to the Board
这是我向董事会提出的规划
and we are moving forward with it.
董事会也接受了
I'd like a list of names, please.
记得给我名单
Claire, can we just think about this?
克莱尔,不能再斟酌一下吗
I have thought about it.
我已经想过了
I've put a lot of thought into it.
这是斟酌再三的结果
Yeah, but I think that we can really... Evelyn ...
但是我觉得我们真的,伊芙琳
You are the office manager.
你是办公室主任
I need you to trust that I know what I'm doing.
你得相信,我心里有数
So please, get me that list, as soon as possible.
所以,请尽快给我那份名单
Oh, ma'am. You can't go... I'm sorry, I just ...
女士,您不能,抱歉
I just have one question... No.
我只有一个问题,不行
Sir, I apologize this woman...
先生,抱歉,这位女士
Congressman. Miss you need to step away from him.
议员,小姐,请您退后
If I could just have one second. You step away from the...
我只打扰一会,请退后
Who are you?
你是谁
My name is Zoe Barnes, I'm a reporter at the Washington Herald.
我是佐伊·巴恩斯 《华盛顿先驱报》记者
It is after 10:30 at night and this is my home.
现在已经过了晚上十点半,而且这是我家
I do not allow any...
我不允许任何...
We are part of a mutual admiration society.
你我彼此欣赏
You're a fan of the symphony.
你喜欢交响乐
One more for the people watching than the music.
比起音乐,更喜欢观众
It's all right, Steve. Come on in, Miss Barnes.
没事了,史蒂夫,巴恩斯小姐,请进
It's strong.
这酒很烈
You prefer weak?
你想要淡一些的
No, the stronger the better.
不,越烈越好
There's no harm in looking.
看看没什么
It's a cheap ploy.
低级的把戏
It's cheap but effective.
低级却有效
Well, you certainly have my undivided attention.
我洗耳恭听
Good. The reason I'm here...
好,我来这里的原因
Oh, is foreplay over?
前戏这就结束了
I read somewhere that JFK never lasted more than three minutes.
我听说肯尼迪撑不过3分钟
The point been?
所以呢
Time is precious.
时间很宝贵
Powerful people don't have the luxury of foreplay.
身居高位之人无暇前戏
Okay, so why are you here, Ms. Barnes?
那说说你的目的吧,巴恩斯小姐
I need somebody I can talk to.
我要找能说话的人
We're talking. Tell me what we're talking about.
我们就在说话,你想说点什么
I protect your identity. I print whatever you tell me.
我会为你保密,你说什么我都发表
And I'll never ask any questions.
而且绝不乱问问题
And what makes you think
那你凭什么认定
I don't already have such an arrangement
我没有和你的同行
with one of your colleague.
达成了类似协议呢
Because if you did, you wouldn't have let me through the door.
那样你就不会让我进门
I've led a very long, very successful career
在我漫长,成功的事业里
avoiding this sort of intrigue with the press.
我一直避免与媒体打这种交道
I can't see any advantage in starting now...
我现在也没觉得有什么好处
But is there any disadvantage? Sloppiness, for one.
那有什么坏处呢,至少不谨慎
I promise you absolute discretion.
我会绝对谨慎小心的
So, we're talking about trust.
那就涉及到信任了
Use whatever words you like.
随便你怎么说
Words matter very much, Ms. Barnes.
怎么说很重要,巴恩斯小姐
You should care more about them, given your profession.
做你这行,对措词更当注意
Then, yes...
那么,是的

重点单词   查看全部解释    
intrigue [in'tri:g]

想一想再看

n. 阴谋,复杂的事,私通
vt. 欺骗,激起

联想记忆
apologize [ə'pɔlədʒaiz]

想一想再看

vi. 道歉,谢罪

联想记忆
charity ['tʃæriti]

想一想再看

n. 慈善,慈善机关(团体), 仁慈,宽厚

联想记忆
effective [i'fektiv]

想一想再看

adj. 有效的,有影响的

联想记忆
carve [kɑ:v]

想一想再看

v. 雕刻,切割

 
identity [ai'dentiti]

想一想再看

n. 身份,一致,特征

 
luxury ['lʌkʃəri]

想一想再看

n. 奢侈,豪华,奢侈品

 
disadvantage [.disəd'væntidʒ]

想一想再看

n. 不利,不利条件,损害,损失

 
fiscal ['fiskəl]

想一想再看

adj. 财政的,国库的

联想记忆
discretion [di'skreʃən]

想一想再看

n. 谨慎,判断力,个人选择,选择的自由
[计

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。