手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 纸牌屋第一季 > 正文

纸牌屋第一季(MP3+中英字幕) 第136期:邀请雷蒙德出任下届副总统

来源:可可英语 编辑:liekkas   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Ms. Gallagher, my name's Janine Skorsky.

盖拉格小姐,我是简宁·斯克斯基
I'm a reporter at Slugline.
我是头条网的记者
I wrote the profile on Congressman... I remember.
我写了关于议员的专访... 我记得
Do you have a minute? If this is about Peter, I...
你有空吗,如果这是关于彼得,我...
No. It's about Paul Capra.
不,是关于保罗·凯普拉

We know that he might be running for Congressman Russo's old seat.

我们知道他可能会接替罗素竞选议员
I can't comment on that.
我不能发表意见
We're just trying to do some background
我们只是在调查去年四月
on the shipyard closing last April.
造船厂倒闭一事的背景
Listen, I just want to eat my breakfast.
听着,我只想好好吃顿早饭
We have sources that are saying
我们得到消息称
that the Congressman was being pressured by someone
有人对议员施压
to not fight the closure.
让他不做抗争
Who? That's what I'm trying to figure out.
谁,我正在查
This is completely off the record, I promise you.
我保证此次采访我绝不会报道
Hi, Christina. Doug, hi.
你好,克里斯蒂娜,道格,你好
How you holding up? I'm okay.
你还好吗,还好
I'm... I'm good.
我很好
I saw you sitting over here. You mind if I...
我看你坐在这儿,介不介意...
No. Please.
不介意,请吧
Ms. Skorsky, right?
斯克斯基女士,对吗
I believe we spoke a few times when you used to work at the Herald.
你以前在《先驱报》时我们谈过几次
Whenever I could get past the press office gauntlet to you.
如果我能突破新闻处找到你
We do like to run a tight ship.
我们管理很严格
So what brings you to the Capitol?
你为什么来国会大厦
I was just asking Ms. Gallagher
我只想问问盖拉格小姐
who's running to fill the vacant seat in Pennsylvania's 1st.
谁在竞选填补宾州第一选区的议员一职
Well, the honest answer is we don't know.
实话说,我们不知道
Thank you for your time, Ms. Gallagher.
谢谢你抽出时间,盖拉格小姐
Anyone starts harassing you with questions you don't want to answer,
有谁来问你你不想回答的问题
you let me know.
就告诉我
I'll handle them.
我会处理
You got enough on your plate right now.
你要忙的事已经够多了
Thanks, Doug. I appreciate that.
谢谢,道格,我很感激
Hang in there, okay?
坚持住,好吗
Yes.
Uganda,
乌干达
Peru,
秘鲁
Nepal,
尼泊尔
Indonesia...
印度尼西亚
Nicaragua.
尼加拉瓜
Well, you are quite the well traveled man.
你的旅行经历可真够丰富的
No. I'm the man who stays at home.
不不,我是个居家的人
Jean brought those back for me.
这些都是珍给我带回来的
Mr. Tusk, I am... First names.
塔斯克先生,我... 叫名字就好
After all, we have broken bacon together.
毕竟,我们一起吃过培根
We can safely assume that we're familiar.
可以认为我们挺熟的了
Raymond, I realize that you are a very busy man,
雷蒙德,我知道你是个大忙人
so I'm gonna cut right to the chase.
那我就直切主题了
The President sincerely would like you
总统先生诚挚地希望
to become the next Vice President.
你能出任下届副总统
That part I already knew.
这个我已经知道了
And I'm here to convince you to say yes.
我是来说服你同意的
Another thing I already knew.
这我也知道
Well, I don't know that
那就不知道
I can tell you anything you don't already know.
我能不能告诉你什么新消息了
But perhaps you can tell me what your hesitation is.
但也许你能告诉我,你的疑虑是什么
Speak.
请说
Yes.
Now, I understand you might have some concerns
我理解,你有些顾忌
about the financial disclosures leading...
财务状况公开所导致的...
Speak.
请说
No.
不行
I have eight people representing me at eight
此时此刻,在六个时区有八个人
simultaneous meetings in six time zones right now.
在八个同时召开的会议上代表我
I sit here and answer their questions,
我就坐在这儿回答问题
provided they come in the form of a single yes or no proposition.
但问题必须用简单的肯否定就能回答
Well, then, let me give that a try.
那么,让我试试
Would you like to be the Vice President?
你愿意担任副总统吗
Yes or no?
愿意还是不愿意
Hold on a minute.
稍等一会儿
I am very sorry.
非常抱歉
Let me have 20 minutes to wrap up these meetings.
给我二十分钟,了结这些会议
And then what do you say we get out of the office
然后我们离开办公室
and away from this damn phone?
远离这该死的电话
Meet me at my car.
去我车那里等我
Betty can tell you where it's parked.
贝蒂会告诉你停车位置

重点单词   查看全部解释    
handle ['hændl]

想一想再看

n. 柄,把手
v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭

联想记忆
chase [tʃeis]

想一想再看

n. 追求,狩猎,争取
vt. 追捕,狩猎

联想记忆
spoke [spəuk]

想一想再看

v. 说,说话,演说

 
hesitation [.hezi'teiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 犹豫

联想记忆
comment ['kɔment]

想一想再看

n. 注释,评论; 闲话
v. 注释,评论

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
vacant ['veikənt]

想一想再看

adj. 空的,空虚的,木然的

联想记忆
convince [kən'vins]

想一想再看

vt. 使确信,使信服,说服

联想记忆
sincerely [sin'siəli]

想一想再看

adv. 真诚地,真心地

 
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。