Now we are together sitting outside in the sunshine.
此刻我们正坐在一起,沐浴着外边的阳光。
But soon we'll be apart and soon it'll be night at noon.
但不久我们便要分离,不久午夜就要降临。
Now things are fine the clouds are far away up in the sky.
此刻一切如此美好,遥远天空上片片云朵。
But soon I'll be on a plane and soon you'll feel the cold rain.
但不久我就要登上飞机,不久你就要饱尝冷雨。
You promised to stay in touch when we're apart.
我们分别时,你曾承诺要保持联系。
You promised before I left that you'll always love me.
在我离开前,你曾承诺会永远爱我。
Time goes by, and people cry and everything goes too fast.
时光流逝,伊人啜泣,万物来去匆匆。
Do you consider the book to be autobiographical?
你认为这本书算自传式的吗?
Well, I mean isn't everything autobiographical?
这个...什么书不是自传式的呢?
I mean, we all see the world through our own tiny keyhole, right?
我们都是通过自己那小小的钥匙孔看外面的世界,对吧?
I mean, I always think of Thomas Wolfe, you know.
我是说,我总想起汤玛斯·沃尔夫说的。
Have you ever seen that little one page " Note to Reader" in the front of Look Homeward, Angel?
你看过《天使望故乡》那本书前面那短短一页的“致读者”吗?
Right? you know what I'm talking about?
你知道我在说什么吧?
Anyway, he says that we are the sum of all the moments of our lives, and that anybody who sits down to write will use the clay of their own life that you can't avoid that.
总之,他说我们的生命就是由点点滴滴集合而成的,而任何人坐下来,写出来的都不过是自己生命中的体验。谁都无法回避。