手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 老友记(全十季) > 老友记Friends 第一季 > 正文

老友记 第1季:第2集 参加助产训练班(下)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Any stories? No news, no little anecdotes to share with the folks?

最近有什么八卦、新闻、轶事之类可以和爸妈分享的吗?
Ross: (To his parents) Look, I, uh I realize you guys have been wondering what exactly happened between Carol and me, and, so, well, here's the deal. Carol's a lesbian.
听着,我,呃,我知道你们想了解我和卡萝之间倒底怎么了。事情是这样的,卡箩是个女同志。
She's living with a woman named Susan.
她和一个名字苏珊的女人同居。
She's pregnant with my child, and she and Susan are going to raise the baby.
她怀了我的孩子,并打算和苏珊共同扶养他。
Mrs. Geller: (To Monica) And you knew about this? !
这些你早就知道了?
Joey: Your folks are really that bad, huh?
你的父母真的那么糟糕吗?
Ross: Well, you know, these people are pros.
你要知道这些人是专业人士。
They know what they're doing, they take their time, they get the job done.
他们知道他们要做什么,他们等待机会,再来个突然袭击。
Monica: Boy, I know they say you can't change your parents...boy, if you could (To Ross) I'd want yours.
天呐,我知道人们常说父母是无法更换的,如果可以,我要你的父母
Ross: Must pee.
我要去尿尿了
Phoebe: You know, it's even worse when you're twins.
你们知道吗,如果你是双胞胎,情况会更惨。
Rachel: You're twins? Phoebe: Yeah. We don't speak.
你是双胞胎?对,我们不往来。
She's like this highpowered, driven career type.
她就像是一心追求事业类型的人。
Chandler: What does she do? Phoebe: She's a waitress.
她从事什么工作?她是个服务员。
Joey: Identical? Phoebe: People say we look alike. But I don't see it.
你们俩长的一样吗?大家说我俩长的很像,但我不这么认为。
Rachel: All right, you guys, I kinda gotta clean up now. (They all start to leave. )
好啦各位,我现在得打扫卫生了。
Monica: Chandler, you're an only child, right? You don't have any of this.
钱德,你是独子,对吗?你没有这些困扰。
Chandler: Well, no, although I did have an imaginary friend, who...my parents actually preferred.
没有,尽管我有个想像中的朋友,我爸妈比较喜欢。
Rachel: Hit the lights, please.
请关下灯。
Ross:...How long was I in there?
我在里面多久了?
Rachel: I'm just cleaning up.
我只是在打扫卫生。
Ross: Oh, you err, you need any help?
哦,呃,你需要帮忙吗?
Rachel: Uh...okay, sure! Thanks! (She hands him the broom and sits down. )
好呀,谢了。
Ross: Anyway.... um...(Starts to sweep. ) So, you uh you nervous about Barry tomorrow?
总之,额,明天要见巴瑞你紧张吗?
Rachel: Oh...a little. Ross: Mmhmm...Rachel: A lot. Ross: Mm.
哦,有一点。嗯。很紧张。嗯。
Rachel: So, got any advice? You know, as someone who's recently been dumped?
有什么建议吗?作为一个最近刚被甩的人?
Ross: Well, you may wanna steer clear of the word 'dumped'.
你应该避免用“甩”这个字眼。
Chances are he's gonna be this, this broken shell of a man, you know, so you should try not to look too terrific, I know it'll be hard.
可能他现在正痛不欲生呢,因此你不该显得神采飞扬,我知道这一点很难做到。
Or, you know, I can uh, hey, I'll go down there, and I'll give Barry back his ring, and you can go with Carol and Susan to the OB/GYN...
这样吧,我拿戒指还巴瑞,你陪卡萝及苏珊去做检查。
Rachel: You've got Carol tomorrow. When did it get so complicated?
你明天得见卡萝,何时事情变得这么复杂?
Ross: Got me.
你可问倒我了。
Rachel: Remember when we were in high school together? Ross: Yeah.
还记得我们在高中时代吗?记得。
Rachel: I mean, didn't you think you were just gonna meet someone, fall in love and that'd be it?
我是说,你有没想过自己会遇见心上人恋爱,然後就这样一辈子?
Rachel: (Ross gazes at her. ) Ross? Ross: Yes, yes!
罗斯?在。在。
Rachel: Oh! Man, I never thought I'd be here. (She leans back onto his hand. ) Ross: Hmm...Me either.
哦,天呐,没想到自己会沦落到这个地步。我也是。
Ross: (entering) Sorry I'm late, I got stuck at work. There was this big dinosaur...thing...anyway.
抱歉,我迟到了,我工作忙得无法脱身,有个大恐龙之类的事情。
Susan: Hi.
嗨。
Carol: Ross, you remember Susan.
罗斯,记得苏珊吗?
Ross: How could I forget? Susan: Ross. Ross: (they shake hands) Hello, Susan. (To Carol) Good shake. Good shake.
我怎能忘记?罗斯。你好,苏珊,握手有力啊。
So, uh, we're just waiting for...?
那么我们在等?
Carol: Dr. Oberman. Ross: Dr. Oberman. Okay. And is he. Susan: She.
欧伯曼大夫。欧伯曼大夫,好的,他 是“她”。
Ross: She, of course, she. She uh familiar with our...special situation?
是“她”,当然了,她。她,她了解我们的特殊状况吗?
Carol: Yes, and she's very supportive.
了解,而且她非常支持。
Ross: Great. Okay, that's great. No, I'm Oh.
好,这太好了。不,我只是。
Carol: Thanks.
谢了。
Carol: Ross? That opens my cervix. (He drops it in horror. )
罗斯,那是用来打开我的子宫颈的。
Rachel: Barry? Barry: Come on in.
巴瑞?进来吧。
Rachel: (hesitates) Are you sure? Barry: Yeah! It's fine, it's fine. Robbie's gonna be here for hours.
你确定?是的,没事的,没关系的。罗此得待在这儿好几个小时。
Barry: So, how are you doing? Rachel: I'm uh I'm okay... You look great. Barry: Yeah...
最近好吗?我我很好。你的气色好极了。是的。
Bernice: (over intercom) Dr. Farber, Jason Greenstein's gagging.
法大夫,杰森快没气了。
Barry: (answering the intercom) Be right there. (To Robbie and Rachel) Be back in a second.
马上到,我马上回来。
Rachel: I dumped him. Robbie: Okay.
是我甩的他哦。好吧。
Ross: So, um so how's this, uh, how's this all gonna work?
这个如何,呃,如何处理此事?
Susan: The baby grows in a special place inside the mommy. Ross: Thank you,
婴儿在母亲身体中一个特殊的部位生长。谢谢。
Ross: I mean, how's this gonna work? With us?
我说,我们该如何处理此事?
You know, when, like, important decisions have to be made?
你知道的 比方说某些重大的决定。
Carol: Give me a 'for instance'.
给我举个例子。
Ross: Well, uh, uh, I don't know, okay, okay, how about with the, uh, with the baby's name?
我也说不上来,比方说孩子的名字?
Carol: Marlon. Ross: Marlon? ! Carol: If it's a boy, Minnie if it's a girl.
马龙。马龙?如果是个男孩的话,如果是个女孩就叫米妮。
Ross: As in Mouse? Carol: As in my grandmother.
就像老鼠的名字?和我奶奶同名。
Ross: Still, you you say Minnie, you hear Mouse.
不管怎样,听到这个还是会想到老鼠。
Um, how about, um. . how about Julia? Carol: Julia.
呃,这个怎么样…?朱莉亚怎么样?朱莉亚。
Susan: We agreed on Minnie.
我们一致决定用米妮。
Ross: It's funny, um, uh, we agreed we'd spend the rest of our lives together. Things change, roll with the punches. I believe Julia's on the table?
真搞笑,呃,呃,我们曾决定共同生活一辈子。世事难料,兵来将挡。我觉得“朱莉亚”可以考虑?
Barry: Sorry about that.
抱歉。
Barry: So, what have you been up to? Rachel: Oh, not much.
近来怎么样?哦,没什么。
Rachel: II got a job. Barry: Oh, that's great.
我刚找到工作。哦,这太好了。
Rachel: Why are why are you so tanned? Barry: Oh, I, uh I went to Aruba.
你为何晒得这么黑?哦,我,呃,我到阿鲁巴了。
Rachel: Oh no. You went on our honeymoon alone?
哦,不是吧,你自己一个去渡蜜月?
Barry: No. I went with, uh. . Now, this may hurt.
不是的,我和 这也许会很不好受。
Robbie: Me? ! Barry: No! (To Rachel)
我?不。
Barry: I went with Mindy. Rachel: Mindy? ! My maid of honour, Mindy? !
我和明蒂去了。明蒂?我的伴娘明蒂?
Barry: Yeah, well, uh, we're kind of a thing now.
对,我们差不多在一起了现在。
Rachel: Oh! Well, um... You've got plugs! Barry: Careful! They haven't quite taken yet.
哦,呃,你去做植发了?小心,还没牢固呢。
Rachel: And you've got lenses! But you hate sticking your finger in your eye!
你还配了隐形眼镜?但你不是讨厌将手指放进眼睛里吗?
Barry: Not for her. Listen, I really wanted to thank you. Rachel: Okay.
为了她我不讨厌,我真的得感谢你。好吧。
Barry: See, about a month ago, I wanted to hurt you. More than I've ever wanted to hurt anyone in my life. And I'm an orthodontist.
一个月前我想伤害你,我这辈子从未如此想伤害一个人。我是个整牙医师。
Barry: You know, you were right? I mean, I thought we were happy.
你知道么,你说得没错,我是说,我以为我们以前很快乐。
We weren't happy. But with Mindy...now I'm happy. Spit.
我们不快乐,但是和明蒂在一起,现在我很快乐。吐掉。
Rachel: What? Robbie: Me.
什么?是和我说。
Rachel: Anyway, um, I guess this belongs to you. Or maybe some day Mindy.
总之,我想这东西属于你,或许以后是明蒂的。
Barry: like she's settle for that.
好像她现在已经为此做好准备了。
Rachel: Oh, yeah, that's true, but I think it's a...I think it's a nice ring. And thank you for giving it to me.
哦,是吧,是真的。但我觉得这是一个不错的戒指,谢谢你送我。
Barry: Well, thank you for giving it back.
谢谢你送还给我。
Robbie: Hello? !
你好!
Susan: Oh, please! What's wrong with Helen?
哦,拜托,海伦有什么不好?
Ross: Helen Geller? I don't think so.
海伦盖勒?不行。
Carol: Hello? It's not gonna be Helen Geller
喂?不会是海伦盖勒的。
Ross: Thank you!
谢谢。
Carol: No, I mean it's not Geller.
不,我是说她不姓盖勒。
Ross: What, it's gonna be Helen Willick?
难道是叫海伦威利克?
Carol: No, actually, um, we talked about Helen WillickBunch.
不,事实上,呃,我们考虑用海伦威利克班奇。
Ross: Well, wait a minute, why why is she in the title?
等等,为何有她的份?
Susan: Because It's my baby too.
因为这也是我的宝宝。
Ross: Oh, really? Um, I don't remember you making any sperm.
哦,真的?我不记得你有制造精子。
Susan: Yeah, and we all know what a challenge that is!
好吧,我们都知道那是个极大的挑战。
Carol: All right, you two, stop it!
够了,你们两个,打住!
Ross: No no no, she gets a credit, hey, I'm in there too.
不,不,不,功劳全让她抢了,嘿,我也在场。
Carol: Ross. You're not actually suggesting Helen WillickBunchGeller? Because I think that borders on child abuse.
你该不会想用海伦威利克班奇盖勒吧?因为我觉得这有虐待儿童之嫌。
Ross: Of course not, I'm...suggesting GellerWillickBunch.
当然没有,我建议用盖勒威利克班奇。
Susan: Oh, no, nonononono, you see what he's doing? He knows noone's gonna say all those names, so they'll wind up calling her Geller, then he gets his way!
哦,不不不不,你看他这是想干什么,他知道没人会叫全名的,别人只会叫她盖勒,这样他就得逞了。
Ross: My way? ! Youyou think this is my way?
我得逞?你认为这样算我得逞?
Believe me, of all the ways I ever imagined this moment in my life being, this is not my way.
相信我,在所有我能想到的我的人生此刻的样子,这个绝对不是我想要的。
You know what? Uh, um, this is too hard. I'm not, I can't do. Dr. Oberman: (entering) Knock knock! How are we today? Any nausea?
你们知道吗,呃,这个太难接受了。有人在吗?今天如何,想呕吐吗?
Ross: A little. Susan: Yeah. Just a little.
一点点。是。只是一点点。
Dr. Oberman: Well, I was just wondering about the mothertobe, but. Thanks for sharing. (To Carol) Uh, lie back...
我只是问准妈妈,很感谢你们的分享,躺好。
Ross: You uh you know what, I'm gonna go. I don't I don't think I can be involved in this particular family thing right now.
知道吗?我走了,我不,我现在不想参与这种特殊的家庭事件。
Ross: Oh my God.
我的天呐。
Susan: Look at that.
瞧瞧那个。
Carol: I know.
我知道。
Ross: Well? Isn't that amazing?
是不是很神奇啊?
Joey: What are we supposed to be seeing here?
我们要看的是什么?
Chandler: I don't know, but...I think it's about to attack the Enterprise.
我不知道,但是我想是要准备攻击企业号(星舰迷航记)。
Phoebe: If you tilt your head to the left, and relax your eyes, it kinda looks like an old potato.
如果你们把头稍微向左偏,两眼放轻松,它样子就像是一个颗老马铃薯。
Ross: Then don't do that, alright?
那么就不要那么干。
Ross: Monica. What do you think?
摩妮卡,你认为呢?
Monica: (welling up) Mmhmm.
嗯。
Ross: Wh are you welling up? Monica: No.
你热泪盈眶了?才没有。
Ross: You are, you're welling up. Monica: I'm not!
你有,你热泪盈眶了。我没有!
Ross: You're gonna be an aunt. Monica: Oh shut up!
你就要成为阿姨了。喔,闭嘴。
Rachel: Hi, Mindy. Hi, itit's Rachel. Yeah, I'm fine. II saw Barry today.
嗨,明蒂,我是瑞秋。我很好,是的,我今天见巴瑞了。
Oh, yeah, yeah hehe told me. No, it's okay. Really, it's okay. I hope you two are very happy, I really do.
哦是的,对的,他告诉我了。不,没关系,真的,没关系。我祝福你们幸福快乐,真心诚意的。
Oh, oh, and Mindy, you know, ifif everything works out, and you guys end up getting married and having kids and everything.
哦,哦,明蒂,如果一切顺利,你们结婚生子了。
I just hope they have his old hairline and your old nose.
我希望他们有他的老发线和你的老鼻子。
Okay, I know it was a cheap shot, but I feel so much better now.
我知道这招很贱,但我现在感觉好多了。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
challenge ['tʃælindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 挑战
v. 向 ... 挑战

 
shell [ʃel]

想一想再看

n. 壳,外壳
v. 去壳,脱落,拾贝壳

 
imaginary [i'mædʒinəri]

想一想再看

adj. 想象的,虚构的

联想记忆
err [ə:]

想一想再看

v. 犯错,做错 v. 偏离,入歧途

联想记忆
particular [pə'tikjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的
n.

联想记忆
complicated ['kɔmplikeitid]

想一想再看

adj. 复杂的,难懂的
动词complica

 
enterprise ['entəpraiz]

想一想再看

n. 企业,事业,谋划,进取心

联想记忆
credit ['kredit]

想一想再看

n. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方

联想记忆
identical [ai'dentikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 相同的,同一的

 
settle ['setl]

想一想再看

v. 安顿,解决,定居
n. 有背的长凳

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。