手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 老友记(全十季) > 老友记Friends 第一季 > 正文

老友记 第1季:第4集:克林顿亲信助手(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Monica: Alright. Phoebe?

好了,Phoebe你说?
Phoebe: Okay, okay. If I were omnipotent for a day, I would want, um, world peace, no more hunger, good things for the rain forest. And bigger boobs.
好的。如果我有一天变得无所不能,我希望,恩,世界和平,没有饥荒,热带雨林受到更好保护……还要大咪咪!
Ross: Yeah, see...you took mine. Chandler, what about you?
好,恩,你说的也是我的愿望。Chandler,你呢?
Chandler: Uh, if I were omnipotent for a day, I'd...make myself omnipotent forever.
呃,如果我有一天无所不能,我要……永远都无所不能。
Rachel: See, there's always one guy. "If I had a wish, I'd wish for three more wishes."
看吧,永远有这么贪婪的人。"如果我得到一个愿望,那我许愿再得到三个愿望。"
All: Hey Joey. Hi. Hey, buddy.
嗨,Joey。嗨,伙计。
Monica: Hey, Joey, what would you do if you were omnipotent?
嗨,Joey,如果你变得无所不能,你会做什么?
Joey: Probably kill myself!
也许我会自杀。
Monica: Excuse me?
你说什么?
Joey: Hey, if Little Joey's dead, then I got no reason to live!
嗨,如果小Joey 都玩完了,那我就没理由再活下去了!
Ross: Joey, uh Omnipotent.
Joey,恩,我是说无所不能。
Joey: You are? Ross, I'm sorry. I had no idea. I thought it was a theoretical question.
你吗?Ross,我真是遗憾。我以为这是一个理论问题。
Monica: How does she do that?
她怎么做到的?
Ross: I cannot sleep in a public place, libraries, airplanes, movie theaters....
我在公共场合无法入睡,无论是图书馆,飞机还是电影院…
Monica: When you were little, you slept at the Grand Canyon.
你小时候就在大峡谷睡着过。
Ross: Hello, Mom and Dad never took us to the Grand Canyon.
以前爸妈没带我们去过大峡谷玩。
Ross: Mom and Dad took us to the Grand Canyon?
难道爸妈带我去过大峡谷吗?
Monica: Would you look at her? She is so peaceful.
你看她。睡得多香。
Ross: yeah.
是啊。
Phoebe: Oh oh! What what what!...Hi.
哦!什么什么什么!……嗨。
Ross: It's okay, y'know, you just nodded off again.
没什么,你刚刚又打瞌睡了。
Monica: What's going on with you?
你怎么了?
Phoebe: I got no sleep last night!

我昨晚没睡着。

Ross: Why?
为什么?
Phoebe: My grandmother has this new boyfriend, and they're both kind of insecure in bed. Oh, and deaf.
我奶奶找了个新男朋友,他们俩在床上都有点没安全感。而且耳朵都不好使。
So they're constantly, like, having to reassure each other that they're having a good time.
所以他们一直在相互确认是不是爽了。
You have no idea how loud they are!
你根本不知道他们有多吵!
Monica: Well, if you want, you can stay with Rachel and me tonight.
恩,如果你愿意的话,今天晚上你可以跟我和Rachel一起睡。
Phoebe: Thanks.
谢了。
Joey:...Ninetyfive, ninetysix, ninetyseven. See, I told you! Less than a hundred steps from our place to here.
……95,96,97。看吧,我说过吧!从我们住的地方到这儿不到100步。
Chandler: You got way too much free time.
你实在太闲了。
Joey: Hey! Here's the birthday boy! Ross, check it out: hockey tickets, RangersPenguins, tonight at the Garden, and we're taking you.
嗨!寿星在这儿呢!Ross,快看!今晚冰球比赛的票,游骑兵对企鹅,在麦迪逊花园广场,我们带你一起去。
Chandler: Happy birthday, pal!
生日快乐,哥们儿!
Joey: We love you, man.
我们都爱死你了,帅哥。
Ross: It's funny, my birthday was seven months ago.
搞笑,我的生日七个月前就过了。
Joey: So? Ross: So, I'm guessing you had an extra ticket and couldn't decide which one of you got to bring a date?
所以?所以,我估计你们是不是多了一张票又决定不了谁带个女伴去?
Chandler: Well, aren't we Mr " The glass is half empty."
恩,非要这么光往坏处想吗?
Ross: Oh my God, oh is today the twentieth, October twentieth?
噢我的天,噢,今天是20号,10月20号?
Monica: Oh, I was hoping you wouldn't remember.
噢,我还希望你不要想起呢。
Ross: Ohhh.
噢。
Joey: What's wrong with the twentieth?
20号怎么了?
Chandler: Eleven days before Halloween. . all the good costumes are gone?
离万圣节还有11天,所有漂亮的装束都卖完了?
Ross: Today's the day Carol and I first consummated our physical relationship. Sex.
今天是我和Carol第一次,真正建立肉体关系的日子。做爱。
Joey: You told your sister that?
你把这事告诉你妹妹了?
Ross: Believe me, I told everyone. You know what, II'd better pass on the game. I think I'm just gonna go home and think about my exwife and her lesbian lover.
相信我,我逢人就说。我还是不去看比赛了,还是回家想想我的前妻和她的同性恋爱人。
Joey: The hell with hockey, let's all do that!
看什么冰球比赛啊,跟你一起好了!
Chandler: C'mon, Ross! You, me, Joey, ice, guys' night out, c'mon, what do ya say, big guy, Huh? Huh? Huh?
别这样,Ross!你,我,Joey,还有冰,男人们的狂欢夜,来吧,怎么样,大个儿。
Ross: What are you doing?
你在做什么。
Chandler: I have no idea.
我不知道。
Joey: C'mon, Ross!
别这样, Ross!
Ross: Alright, alright, maybe it'll take my mind off it. Do you promise to buy me a big thumb finger?
好吧,好吧,也许这可以让我不去想它。那你们要答应给我买个巨形手指哦?
Rachel: Looklooklooklooklook, my first pay check! Look at the window, there's my name! Hi, me!
看看看看看,我的第一份薪水!看窗口,那儿有我的名字!嘿,我!
Phoebe: I remember the day I got my first pay check. There was a cave in one of the mines, and eight people were killed.
我记得我第一次领薪水那天,矿上有个矿井塌方了,死了8个人。
Monica: Wow, you worked in a mine?
哇,你采过矿?
Phoebe: I worked in a Dairy Queen, why?
我在DQ冰淇淋店上班啊,怎么了?
Rachel: God, isn't this exciting? I earned this. I wiped tables for it, I steamed milk for it, and it was totallynot worth it.
天呐,不兴奋吗?我挣的。我为了它擦桌子,热牛奶,完全不值得。
Rachel: Who's FICA? Why's he getting all my money?
FICA是谁?他为什么把我的钱全拿走了?
Rachel: I mean, what Chandler, look at that.
这是什么,Chandler ,你看看。
Chandler: Oh, this is not that bad.
哦,这个其实还好。
Joey: Oh, you're fine, yeah, for a first job.
哦,你不错了,是啊,对于第一份工作来说很好了。
Ross: You can totally, totally live on this.
你完全可以靠此糊口了。
Monica: Oh, yeah. Yeah.
是啊是啊。
Ross: Oh, by the way, great service tonight.
哦,顺便说一句,今晚的服务棒极了。
All: Oh! Yeah!
哦!对!
Guys: Hockey! Hockey! Hockey.
冰球!冰球!冰球。
Kiki: Rachel?
是Rachel吗?
Rachel: Oh my God!
哦,我的天!
Monica: I swear I've seen birds do this on Wild Kingdom.
我发誓我在动物世界看到过鸟类就是这样的。
Rachel: What are you guys doing here?
你们在这里做什么啊?
Kiki: Well, we were in the city shopping, and your mom said you work here, and it's true!
恩,我们到城里买东西,你妈说你在这儿工作,居然是真的!
Joanne: Look at you in the apron. You look like you're in a play.
看你穿着围裙,好像在拍戏一样。
Rachel: God look at you, you are so big I can't believe it!
看看你,都这么壮了,真是难以相信!
Leslie: I know. I know! I'm a duplex.
我知道!我肚子里还有一个呢。
Rachel: Kiki, you look phenomenal, I mean, you've lost, like, a ton of weight. and you shouldReally really it's time to stop, you look perfect.
Kiki,你看起来真漂亮,你看上去好像减了一吨重。你真是……真的,是时候该停下来了,你看上去棒极了。
Rachel: Anyway, so what's going on with you?
那你怎么样?
Joanne: Well, guess who my dad's making partner in his firm? Me!
嗯,猜猜我爸让谁做他公司的合伙人?我!
Kiki: And while we're on the subject of news...
还有,说到新闻话题
Phoebe: Look, look, I have elbows!
快看,快看,我有手肘!
Chandler:...Poulet passes it up to Leetch!
Poulet传球给Leetch。
Joey: Leetch spots Messier in the crease there's the pass!
Leetch直传小禁区的Messier 看这脚传球!
Chandler: We'll take a brief time out while Messier stops to look at some women's shoes.
Messier停下来看女式鞋的时候我们休息一会吧。
Ross: Carol was wearing boots just like those the night that we we first y'know. Fact, she, uh she never took them off, 'cause wewe Sorry. Sorry.
那天晚上Carol就是穿的这种靴子,我们的第一次,你知道,实际上,她,呃,她一直没脱靴,因为我们,我们,对不起,对不起。
Joey: I can not believe
难以相信
Chandler: What?
又怎么了?
Ross: Peach pit.
桃核儿。
Chandler: Yes, Bunny?
又怎样?
Ross: Peach pit. That night we, uh we had
桃核。那晚我们,恩,我们吃了……
Joey: Peaches?
桃子?
Ross: Actually, nectarines, but basically...
实际上,是油桃,但基本上……
Chandler: Could've been a peach.
可以说是桃子。
Ross: Then, uh, then we got dressed, and II...I walked her to the...the bus stop. I'm fine. …
然后,恩,然后我们穿上衣服,而且我,我……我陪她走到,公交车站……我没事。
Joey: Hey, that woman's got an ass like Carol's! What? Thought we were trying to find stuff.
嘿,那个女人的屁股长得和 Carol's!的好像!怎么了?还以为我们就是要找点什么呢。
Rachel: So c'mon, you guys, tell me all the dirt!
好了,你们这些家伙,所有的八卦都告诉我!
Kiki: Well, the biggest news is still you dumping Barry at the altar!
恩,最大的新闻还是你在婚礼的圣台上甩了Barry。
Joanne: Alright. Let's talk reality for a second.
好了,说点认真的。
Rachel: Okay.
好。
Joanne: When are you coming home?
你什么时候回家?
Rachel: What? Guys, I'm not.
什么?我不回去。
Joanne: C'mon, this is us.
别这样,这儿就我们几个。
Rachel: I'm not! This is what I'm doing now. I've got this job you know, I even do my own laundry.
我不回去!这就是我现在要做的事,我有了工作。你看,我现在甚至能自己洗衣服了。
Rachel: this is what I am doing now.
这就是我现在做的。
Kiki: Waitressing?
当女服务生?
Rachel: Okay, I'm not just waitressing. I mean, I am...I write the specials on the specials board, and, uh...and I, uh...I take the uh dead flowers out of the vase...
好了,我不光是女服务生。我是……我会写每日的特色菜,而且我……我把死花从花瓶里换出来……
Oh, and, um, sometimes Artelle lets me put the little chocolate blobbies on the cookies.
哦,而且,恩,有时候 Artelle还让我在饼干上涂上巧克力。
Leslie: Well. Your mom didn't tell us about the blobbies.
恩,你妈妈可没告诉我们涂巧克力浆的事。
Monica: Hey, Rach. How was it with your friends? Okay! How would you like some Tiki Death Punch?
嘿!Rach,和你的朋友怎么样了?好吧,要不要来点潘趣酒?
Rachel: What's that?
那是什么?
Monica: Weeeell, it's rum, and
恩,有朗姆酒,还有……
Rachel: Okay.
好的。
Monica: We thought since Phoebe was staying over tonight we'd have kinda like a slumber party thing. We got some trashy magazines, we got cookie dough, we got Twister...
我们想既然 Phoebe今天晚上在这儿过夜,我们最好开个睡衣派对什么的。现在我们有无聊杂志,曲奇饼,还能玩"扭扭"……
Phoebe: Ooh! Ooh! And I brought Operation! But, um, I lost the tweezers, so we can't operate. But we can prep the guy!
哦哦,我带了"手术"游戏!不过,恩,我把手术钳搞丢了,所以我们做不了手术,不过我们可以做术前准备!
Monica: Uh, Rach, it's the Visa card people.
呃,Rach ,是信用卡部门打来的。
Rachel: Oh, God, ask them what they want.
哦,天呐,问他们有什么事。
Monica: Could you please tell me what this is in reference to? Yes, hold on.
能告诉我是关于什么事的吗?好,等等。
Um, they say there's been some unusual activity on your account.
他们说你的帐户有点异常情况。
Rachel: But I haven't used my card in weeks!
但我都几星期没用过信用卡了!
Monica: That is the unusual activity. Look, they just wanna see if you're okay.
这就是异常情况。看看,他们就是想了解你是不是还好。
Rachel: They wanna know if I'm okay. Okay...they wanna know if I'm okay, okay, let's see.
他们想知道我是不是还好,好吧,他们想知道我是不是还好,好吧,看看。
Well, let's see, the FICA guys took all my money, everyone I know is either getting married, or getting pregnant, or getting promoted, and I'm getting coffee! And it's not even for me!
恩,瞧瞧,FICA的家伙把我所有钱都拿走了,每个我认识的人都在结婚、或者怀孕、或者升职,而卧在端咖啡!而且都不是端给自己喝!
So if that sounds like I'm okay, okay, then you can tell them I'm okay, okay?
如果这说明我还好,那好吧,你就告诉他们我还好,好吗?
Monica: Uh Rachel has left the building, can you call back?
呃,Rachel出去了,稍后再打来好吗?
Rachel: Alright, c'mon! Let's play Twister!
好了,来吧!我们玩"扭扭"吧!
Ross: Sorry, sorry...Uhoh.
抱歉,抱歉……呃,哦。
Chandler: What? There was ice there that night with Carol? Plastic seats? Four thousand angry Pittsburgh fans?
怎么?跟 Carol那晚也有冰?也有塑料座位?也有四千个火药味十足的匹兹堡球迷?
Ross: No, actually I was just saying it looks like we're not sitting together.
不,实际上我只是想说好像我们的座位没在一起。
But now you mention it, there was ice there that night...It was the first frost...
不过你既然提起了,那天晚上倒真是有冰……那是第一次结霜。
Joey: C'mon, sit. Just sit down, sit.
别这样,坐下。坐下吧,坐。
Monica: You should feel great about yourself! You're doing this amazing independence thing!
你应该为自己感到骄傲!你现在独立了!
Rachel: Monica, what is so amazing? I gave up, like, everything. And for what?
Monica, 这有什么引以为豪的?我好像放弃了一切。这又是为什么啊?
Phoebe: You are just like Jack.
你就像 Jack一样。
Rachel:...Jack from downstairs?
楼下的Jack ?
Phoebe: No, Jack and the Beanstalk.
不, Jack 和 Beanstalk.
Monica: Ah, the other Jack.
啊,另一个Jack 。
Phoebe: Yeah, right! See, he gave up something, but then he got those magic beans.
对了!看吧,他放弃了某些东西,但得到了魔豆。
And then he woke up, and this was big plant outside his window, full of possibilities and stuff...
而且他醒了后,窗外长出了巨大的植物,充满机会和希望。
And he lived in a village, and you live in the Village...
他住在一个小村里,而你也住在小区里。
Rachel: Okay, but Pheebs, Pheebs, Jack gave up a cow, I gave up an orthodontist.
好吧,不过Pheebs ,Jack放弃了一头牛,我放弃的是一名牙医。
Okay, III know, I know I didn't love him
好吗,我,我,我知道,我知道我不爱他。
Phoebe: Oh, see, Jack did love the cow.
哦,看看, Jack可是爱那头牛的。
Rachel: But see, it was a plan. Y'know, it was clear. Everything was figured out, and now everything's just kinda like...
但那是人生规划,一切都非常清楚,都计划好了的,但现在一切都……
Phoebe: Floopy? Rachel: Yeah.
模糊了?就是。
Monica: So what, you're not the only one. I mean, half the time we don't know where we're going.
那怎么样,又不光你这样。我们也经常不清楚自己的未来。
You've just gotta figure at some point it's all gonna come together, and it's just gonna be...unfloopy.
只要找准方向,一些都会好起来,而且一切都会……不模糊了。
Phoebe: Oh, like that's a word.
哦,说的好像是个词一样。
Rachel: Okay, but Monica, what if what if it doesn't come together?
对,不过Monica,假如假如好不起来怎么办?
Monica:...Pheebs?
Pheebs?
Phoebe: Oh, well...'cause.... you just...I don't like this question.
哦,恩……因为……你只要……我不喜欢这个问题。
Rachel: Okay, see, see, you guys, what if we don't get magic beans?
好吧,看看,如果没得到魔豆怎么办?
I mean, what if all we've got are beans?
我的意思是,如果我们得到的都是……普通的豆子怎么办?

重点单词   查看全部解释    
punch [pʌntʃ]

想一想再看

n. 打洞器,钻孔机,殴打
n. (酒、水、糖

联想记忆
peaceful ['pi:sfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 安宁的,和平的

 
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
laundry ['lɔ:ndri]

想一想再看

n. 洗衣店,要洗的衣服,洗衣

联想记忆
reassure [ri:ə'ʃuə]

想一想再看

v. 使 ... 安心,再保证,重拾(信心等)

联想记忆
theoretical [θiə'retikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 理论上的

 
independence [.indi'pendəns]

想一想再看

n. 独立,自主,自立

 
cow [kau]

想一想再看

n. 母牛,母兽
vt. 恐吓

 
plastic ['plæstik, plɑ:stik]

想一想再看

adj. 塑料的,可塑的,造型的,整形的,易受影响的

 
canyon ['kænjən]

想一想再看

n. 峡谷

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。