手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 老友记(全十季) > 老友记Friends 第四季 > 正文

老友记 第4季:第6集 送礼物风波(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:ivy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Cheryl: So, thank you for the delicious dinner.

那么,谢谢你这顿美味的晚餐。
Ross: You're welcome for a delicious dinner.
不客气。
Phoebe: Hey, what're you guys looking at?
你们在看什么?
Chandler: Ross and the most beautiful girl in the world.
罗斯和世界最漂亮的姑娘。
Phoebe: Yeah, come to papa.
对,到爸爸这儿来。
Ross: I know!
我知道!
Monica: Probably the only time I'll ever say this, but did you see the ass on her?
也许只有一次,不过我会一直这么说,但是你注意她的屁股了么?
Chandler: Where did you, when did you, how did you...How did you get a girl like that?
你从哪儿,你什么时候,你怎么...... 你怎么把这样的姑娘搞到手的?
Rachel: Yeah, so what is she, like a...like a spokesmodel, or an aerobics instructor, what?
对,她是不是,比如车展模特,或者健身教练什么的?
Ross: Actually she's a paleontology doctoral candidate, specializing in the Cenozoic era.
实际上她是古生物学博士,中古时期专业好的,这听起来像最简单的领域。
Chandler: Ok, but that's, like, the easiest era.
好的,这听起来像最简单的领域。
Ross: I've seen her at work, but I always figured, ah-huh?
我和她在工作上认识,但我一直考虑...... 嗯哼?
But, uh, I made her dinner. We had a great time. And we're going out again tomorrow.
我请了她晚饭,我们在一起很愉快。我们约好明天一起出去。
Rachel: Well maybe she and her friends are just having a contest to see who can bring home the biggest geek.
也许只是她和她的朋友比赛,谁能带回来最滑稽的小丑。
Ross: Fine by me, hope she wins.
我无所谓,祝她胜利。
Joey: Hey, we should have a contest. Yeah. See who can bring home the most beautiful woman.
嘿,我们应该也来场比赛,看谁带回来的女生最漂亮。
Chandler: It's a good idea, Joe. We could call it life.
好主意,乔伊,名称就叫“真实人生”。
Chandler: Hi. You guys have any wrapping paper?
嗨,你们有包装纸么?
Phoebe: Oh! Is it for my birthday present?
是为了我的生日礼物么?
Chandler: Pheebs, it was your birthday, like, months ago.
你生日都过了1个月。
Phoebe: Yeah, but remember you said you ordered something special, and it just hasn't come yet?
好的,但是你应该记得,你答应过安排一些特别的,但是现在还没有出现过。
Chandler: Well, I have a call in about that.
好的,我正在准备这个。
Phoebe: Ok.
好吧。
Chandler: Actually, this is for Kathy's birthday. It's an early edition of her favorite book.
实际上,这是为凯茜的生日准备的。这是她最喜欢的书的的早期版本。
Rachel: Oh, The Velveteen Rabbit! Oh my God, when the boy's love makes the rabbit real!
哦,《绒毛兔子》!我的天,男孩的爱会把它变成真兔子!
Chandler: Ok, but don't touch it, because you fingers have destructive oils.
好,别摸,你的手有油污。
Rachel: Huh. Well, then you'd better keep it away from Ross's hair. So this is pretty rare. How did you get that?
呵,好,那你最好拿它离罗斯的头发远点这应该非常罕见。你怎么弄到的?
Chandler: Oh, it wasn't a big deal. I just went to a couple of bookstores, talked to a couple of dealers...called a couple of the author's grandchildren.
哦,不算什么大事。我只是去几家书店,问几个书商...... 打电话给作者的孙子。
Rachel: Oh, honey, that's so sweet.
哦,亲爱的,这真是甜蜜。
Phoebe: Yeah, and what a great way to say, "I secretly love you, roommate's girlfriend!"
对,一个伟大的方法去表明,我暗恋你,室友的女朋友!
Chandler: It doesn't say that. Does it?
这不代表这个意思,对么?
Ross: How do you think it's gonna look when you get her something incredibly meaningful and expensive and her boyfriend Joey gives her an orange?
你会怎么看?看起来你送她的礼物难以置信,意味深长而且价值不菲,而她的男朋友乔伊可能只送她一个橘子。
Chandler: Ok, all right, I'll just uh, make sure that uh, Joey gets her something really great.
好,我只是确认一下,乔伊会送她更好的东西。
Phoebe: It's gotta be better than that book. Oo! Like a crossbow!
会比这本书好,喔,就象弓!
Monica: Yeah, once again, I am sorry. Thank you. Bye. I just had to turn down a job catering a funeral for sixty people.
对,我再次说声抱歉,谢谢。再见。我刚回掉了一件工作,给一个60人的葬礼提供饮食。
Rachel: Oh my God! What happened?
天哪,出了什么事?
Monica: Sixty guests.
是60个“客人”。
Ross: So, uh, why did you have to turn it down?
你为什么要推掉?
Monica: Because I don't have the money or the equipment to handle something that big on such short notice. I mean there's no way.
因为我没有钱,也没有设备在这么短的时间里准备这么多的东西。我是说,这不可能。
Phoebe: Wow, what is with all the negativity? God, you sound like Moni-can't, not Moni-can...
喔,怎么全都否定了?你听起来象是"莫妮卡什么都不行",而不是那个"莫妮卡什么都行"......
Moni-ca. Look, you know, you have been playing around with this catering thing for over three years. Do you want to be a caterer or not?
莫妮卡。你看,你已经做承包宴会这样的工作大约3年了,你想成为宴会承包商么?你到底想不想当宴会厨师?
Monica: I don't know.
我不知道。
Phoebe: There you go, that's the spirit! Ok! Now, if you need money, I will lend you money, but just get moving!
对,就是这样,精神起来!好的,如果你现在需要钱,我会借给你,不过你要立刻行动!
Monica: Really? Because I need like $500 for all the food and the supplies and stuff.
真的?我需要5百元来购买为全部食物,设备和原料。
Phoebe: Ok! It's worth it, if it'll get you moving. You haven't worked in months.
好,能让你行动起来就值得,你都好几个月没工作了。
Monica: Well, you're not working either.
你也是。
Phoebe: Yes, but I'm doing this.
是啊,但是我可以放债。
Monica: Yeah, that'd be great! Thank you!
太好了,谢谢!
Joey: Hey!
嗨。
Everyone: Hey.
嗨。
Kathy: Can I borrow the keys to your apartment?
我能借你公寓的钥匙么?
Joey: Why?
为什么?
Joey: You can pee here!
你可以在这里尿啊。
Kathy: Ahahaha...haha. yes I can, of course. Excuse me.
啊哈哈。我可以,当然,不好意思。
Chandler: It's ok, the duck's using our bathroom anyway.
没问题,鸭子也经常用我们的洗手间。
Chandler: Hey Joe! What're you getting Kathy for her birthday?
嗨乔!你为凯茜的生日准备了什么?
Joey: We've only been going out for a couple of weeks, do you think I gotta get her something?
我们刚约会了几个星期,你真认为我应该送她东西?
Everyone: Yeah!
要啊。
Rachel: Yes, you have to get her something, and it should be something really nice.
是的,你应该送她东西,送她非常好的东西。
Joey: Oh, I know..
哦,我知道了......
Rachel: And not one of your coupons for an hour of "Joey Love."
而且不是一小时"与乔伊做爱"的优待券。
Phoebe: Ooo, a crossword! Can I help?
填字游戏!我可以帮忙吗?
Rachel: No! I'm sorry, honey, it's just that last week I got all but three answers and I really wanna finish a whole one without any help.
不!对不起,亲爱的,上个星期我就只差3个答案了,而且我非常想自己完成它。
Phoebe: Fine. But you can't help me develop my new universal language.
好,但是你也不能帮我开发新的世界语。
Monica: Hey!
嗨!
Rachel: Hey, how'd it go?
嗨,怎么样了?
Monica: Oh my God, it was the best funeral ever! I mean, everyone loved the food, and guess what? I even got another funeral for tomorrow.
天啊,这一定是有史以来最好的葬礼!所有人都喜欢这些食物,而且你猜怎么样?我承包了明天的另一个葬礼。
the dead-guy-from-today's best friend. I mean, it is like I am the official caterer for that accident!
今天那个死鬼的最好朋友的。我是说,这件事让我看上去象是职业葬礼承办商!
Phoebe: Mon! I'm so happy for you!
莫!我真为你高兴!
Monica: Thanks. Like, check out my new catering stuff. Look at this! I'm an omelet station! Omelet? Made to order!
谢谢。看看我的新设备。看这个!我是个煎蛋卷站!煎蛋卷?按秩序来!
Phoebe: I'll have one, please. Plus my money.
我也点一份,还有我的钱。
Monica: Oh. Well, I didn't realize that you needed it back right away.
哦。好的,我觉得你不是立刻需要它。
I mean, you told me to go and be a caterer. So I went. I beed. I mean, I...I used it to buy all this stuff.
我是说,你叫我当个宴会承包商。所以我做了,我的意思是,我......我把它们都花了,买了这些。
Rachel: Aborigine! ! Oh...no.
“原住民”!
Monica: But look- I got another job tomorrow, so I'll pay you back with the money I make from that.
但是,你看,我已经找到了明天的工作,那么我可以把明天挣到的钱还给你。
Phoebe: Oh. Ok. Woo, sorry I acted like a bank.
哦。好的。哦,不好意思,我表现的象个银行。
Monica: Ok.
没事。
Rachel: Aborigine! Oh, no, I tried that already.
“原住民”!不对,刚才就试过了。
Ross: Huh...
哦......
Cheryl: Um, would you like to come in?
哦,想不想进去?
Ross: Did homo-erectus hunt with wooden tools? {Is the Pope Catholic? }
直立人用木头工具狩猎么?
Cheryl: According to recent findings!
最新证据显示是的。
Cheryl: Here Mitzi! Here Mitzi!
过来米兹!过来米兹!
Ross: Uh, Mitzi is...
哦,米兹是......
Cheryl: My hamster. I hope she's ok, I haven't seen her in a while. Have a seat.
我的老鼠。希望她没事,我有段时间没看到她了,坐。
Ross: Uh...Oh hey, do you, uh...do you have any, um, Cinnamon Fruit Toasties?
哦,哦嘿,你,哦你有没有肉桂吐司吗?
Cheryl: What?
什么?
Ross: Well, I do! Why don't we go back to my place, light a couple of candles, break open a box of Cinnamon Fruit Toasties, uh...
好的,我有!为什么咱们不去我那儿,点上几根蜡烛,打开一盒肉桂吐丝,嗯。
Cheryl: I'd rather not.
还是不要好了。
Ross: Oh, yeah, why not?
为什么?
Cheryl: Ok, um, don't take this the wrong way, but your place kind of has a weird smell.
好的,你别太在意,你房间里有一股怪味。
Monica: Oh, is everything in the car?
哦,东西都装上车了?
Phoebe: Yes. Did you settle the bill?
对,你整理好帐单了?
Monica: No. I hate this part.
没有。我恨这部分工作。
Phoebe: Oh. Aw. Oh, look what we almost left.
哦,看看我们差点还忘了什么。
Monica: No, that's not mine.
那不是我的。
Phoebe: Oh, all right. Oh! Look what we almost took!
哦,好吧。哦!看看我们差点拿了什么!
Monica: Excuse me, Mrs. Burkart? Well, we're all cleaned up in the kitchen.
对不起,巴卡特夫人,我们已经把厨房打扫完了。
Mrs. Burkart: Aww, good. Thank you.
很好,谢谢你。
Monica: Um, and, well there's just the...the the small matter of the um...
还有一件小事......
Mrs. Burkart: Dear?
什么事?
Monica: Just the matter of...payment?
就是......费用的事。
Mrs. Burkart: Jack used to handle the finances!
钱都是杰克在管。
Phoebe: You get it?
拿到了吗?
Monica: No, but I made a widow cry! See you in hell!
没有,但是把那寡妇惹哭了,我们地狱再见吧!
Rachel: You know what we should all do? Go see a musical.
你知道我们应该去干什么?去看音乐剧。
Chandler: Sure...
当然......
Rachel: You know which one we should see? The 1996 Tony award winner.
你知道我们应该去看谁?1996年托尼奖获得者。
I mean that one's gotta be good. Do you happen to know the name of that one?
你知道那人叫什么名字么?
Chandler: I don't know...um, Grease?
我不知道,呃,格雷斯?
Rachel: No....
不是。
Chandler: Rent?
伦特?
Rachel: Yes! Rent!
对!伦特!
Chandler: Ok, so when do you wanna go?
好,那么你打算什么时候去?
Rachel: What? Oh, I'm sorry, I can't, I'm busy.
什么?哦,对不起,我不能去,我很忙。
Joey: Hey. Man, it is so hard to shop for girls.
天哪,女孩子的礼物真难买。
Chandler: Yes, it is, at OfficeMax.
是的,没错,尤其是去马克斯商店(办公用品连锁店)。
Rachel: What did you get her?
你买了什么?
Chandler: A pen.
一支笔。
Joey: It's two gifts in one. It's a pen that's also a clock! Huh?
这是两件礼物。这是支笔,也是个表!啊?
Chandler: Huh-huh! You can't give her that.
哈哈!你不能送她这个。
Joey: Why not?
为什么?
Chandler: Because she's not eleven! And it's not the seventh night of Hanukkah!
因为她不是11岁!而且这也不是光明节的第七夜!(在这一夜要玩寻找小东西的游戏)
Rachel: Ok, honey, what he means by that, is...while this is a very nice gift, maybe it's just not something a boyfriend gives?
好的,亲爱的,他的意思是这应该是件非常好的礼物,应该是适合男朋友送她的。
Joey: Sure it is! She needs a pen for work, she's writing, she turns it over..."Whoa! It's time for my date with Joey!"
这当然是!她工作的时候需要笔,她写字的时候,把笔转过来,哇!到了我和乔伊约会的时间了!
Chandler: All right, look, look. What did...what did you get for Angela Delveccio for her birthday?
好,好,安琪拉。德尔维琪生日的时候你送的什么?
Joey: She didn't have a birthday while we were going out.
我们约会的那段时间没有她生日。
Chandler: For three years?
整整3年?
Joey: Look, it's too late, and I got an audition. I can't shop anymore! I...
太晚了,而且我还要去参加选角,我已经不能再逛商店了!我......
Chandler: All right. I will go out and I will try to find something for her, ok?
好,我出去给她买件礼物,如何?
Joey: Thanks, man. And oh, while you're at it, could you get her a card?
多谢,兄弟。哦,既然你已经去了,能不能顺便送她张卡?
Chandler: Would you like me to write her a little poem as well?
你是否希望我最好再写首诗送她?
Joey: Or...just get a card that has a poem already in it.
或是买张印了诗的卡片。
Rachel: Oh, so it's a card but it's also a poem-holder.
那是一张卡片,也是一页诗。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
settle ['setl]

想一想再看

v. 安顿,解决,定居
n. 有背的长凳

 
candidate ['kændidit]

想一想再看

n. 候选人,求职者

联想记忆
woo [wu:]

想一想再看

v. 向 ... 求爱,追求,恳求

联想记忆
kitchen ['kitʃin]

想一想再看

n. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间

 
handle ['hændl]

想一想再看

n. 柄,把手
v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭

联想记忆
omelet ['ɔmlit]

想一想再看

n. 煎蛋卷,鸡蛋卷

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
rare [rɛə]

想一想再看

adj. 稀罕的,稀薄的,罕见的,珍贵的
ad

 
audition [ɔ:'diʃən]

想一想再看

n. 听,听力,试听

联想记忆
payment ['peimənt]

想一想再看

n. 支付,付款,报偿,报应

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。