手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 生活大爆炸 > 生活大爆炸第二季 > 正文

生活大爆炸 第二季:第5集 Sheldon学习开车(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Good morning, Leonard.

早上好啊,兰纳德。
Yeah. we're gonna have to stop by Pottery Barn on the way to work.
今天上班路上我们顺便去下陶器坊吧。
I bought these Star Wars sheets, but they turned out to be much too stimulating to be compatible with a good night's sleep.
我买了些星战床单,但实在是望而生畏,晚上老是睡不好。
I don't like the way Darth Vader stares at me. I'm not going to work.
我讨厌达斯·维达那样瞪着我。我今天不上班。
Oh, just because your career's been stagnant for a few years, that's no reason to give up.
噢,你的事业这几年毫无建树,也没理由现在就放弃啊。
Sheldon, I was up all night using the new freeelectron laser for my Xray diffraction experiment.
谢尔顿,我整晚都在用新自由电子激光仪做我的X光衍射实验。
Did the laser accidentally burn out your retinas?
你碰巧被激光灼伤了视网膜?
No. Then you can drive. Let's go.
没有。那你还是能开车的,走吧。
Didn't I tell you I'd be working nights and that you'd have to make other arrangements?
我不是已经说了我整晚都在工作,你得自己另行安排嘛。
You did. And? I didn't. Let's go. Good night, Sheldon.
说了呀。那还要怎样?可我没有。快走吧。晚安,谢尔顿。
But how am I going to get to work? Take the bus.
那我要怎么去上班呢?坐公车。
I can't take the bus anymore. They don't have seat belts, and they won't let you latch yourself to the seat with bungee cords.
我可不能再去坐公车了,没有安全带,还不让你用蹦极绳把自己拴在椅子上。
You tried to latch yourself to the seat with bungee cords?
你试过用(用于蹦极跳的)橡皮绳把自己栓椅子上?
I didn't try. I succeeded. But for some reason, it alarmed the other passengers and I was asked to debus.
试算啥,我都成功了,可不知咋的吓着其他乘客了,然后我就被赶下车。
Oh, you're a big boy. You'll figure it out.
你这么大人了会有办法的。
Don't talk to me like I'm a child. Now, take me to return my Star Wars sheets!
别总拿我当小孩,立刻带我去退掉星战床单。
Penny? Penny? Penny? Penny?Penny?Penny? Sheldon. What is it? Leonard's asleep.
佩妮?佩妮?佩妮?佩妮?佩妮?佩妮?谢尔顿什么事?兰纳德睡着了。
Thanks for the update. No. Wait. You have to drive me to work.
谢谢你的及时报告。不,等等,你得开车送我去上班。
Yeah, I really don't think I do.
我没这义务吧。
But I don't drive, and I can't take the bus.
可我不会开车,又不能坐公车。
Honey, you'll be fine as long as you don't do that bungee cord thing, okay? Penny.
亲爱的,只要你不干绑蹦极带的傻事,你不会有事的明白吗?佩妮。
Didn't you recently state that you and I are friends? Yes, Sheldon. We are friends.
前阵子你不是说我们是朋友么?是啊,谢尔顿,我们是朋友。
Then I hereby invoke what I'm given to understand is an integral part of the implied covenant of friendship. The favor.
那我就据此援引下我所理解的,作为友谊誓约必不可少的部分,帮助。
Oh, dear God. I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was interrupting your morning prayers. When you're done, we'll go.
噢,亲爱的上帝啊。真抱歉打断你做晨间祷告了。等你完了我们就走。
Thank you for driving me to work.
多谢你开车送我上班。
You know this is my day off, Sheldon. Oh, good. I'm not keeping you from anything.
谢尔顿,今天我可是休息的。噢那好,我没耽误你什么事。
Your "check engine" light is on. Typically that's an indicator to, you know, check your engine.
你的检查引擎的灯亮着呢,基本上它的意思是要让你检查引擎。
It's fine. It's been on for, like, a month.
没事的,都已经亮了有一个月了。
Well, actually, that would be all the more reason to...you know, check your engine. Sheldon, it's fine.
好吧,那这么说来你就更得去...检查一下引擎了。谢尔顿没事的。
If it were fine, the light wouldn't be on. That's why the manufacturer installed that light, to let you know it's not fine.
要真没事的话灯干嘛还亮着?生产商装这个指示灯的目的不就是在出问题的时候提醒你吗?
Maybe the light is broken. Is there a "check the 'check engine light' light"?
大概是灯坏了吧。有没有检查'检查引擎灯'指示灯?
What? Studies have shown that performing tasks such as eating, talking on a cell phone or drinking coffee
什么?有研究表明在开车的时候吃东西、
while driving reduces one's reaction time by the same factor as an ounce of alcohol.
打手机或者喝咖啡等都会降低人的反应,就像喝了一盎司酒一样。
Do you have any alcohol? Of course not. Too bad.
你带酒了吗?当然没有。可惜了。
You're going up Euclid Avenue?
你要从欧几里德大道走?
Leonard takes Los Robles Avenue. Well, good for Leonard.
兰纳德通常走洛斯罗布斯大道。兰纳德真行啊。
Euclid Avenue is shorter as the crow flies, but it has speed bumps, which appreciably increase pointtopoint drive time, making it the less efficient choice.
欧几里德大道直线距离是短点,可路上有减速带,点对点的行车时间就显著增加,这样一来就不算高效了。
But you have the conn.
不过方向盘在你手里。
Of course, if you're not going to slow down for the speed bumps, I withdraw my previous objection.
当然如果你通过减速带时不减速,我收回我之前的话。
Here's a fun question. Do you know what the most common street name is? No. The answer is tricky.
问你个有意思的问题,你知道最常见的街名是啥吗?不知道。答案很狡猾噢。
It's Second Street. You see, you'd think it would be First Street, but in most towns, first Street eventually gets renamed to something else.
是第二大街。大多数人都会认为是第一大街,但在大多数城里第一大街最终都会被重新命名。
You know, like Main Street, Broad Street. Michigan Avenue.
你懂的,比方说美茵街,布罗德街,密歇根大道。
See, Leonard and I often use our commute time to exercise our minds with brainteasers like that. We also play games.
看,我和兰纳德总用路上时间玩玩脑筋急转弯锻炼脑子。我们还做游戏。
Would you like to play one? No.
来玩个不?不用了。
Oh, come on. It's fun. fun? Another bump.
噢来吧,可有意思呢。有意思吗?又颠一次。
Okay. I'll say an element, and, and you say an element whose name starts with the last letter of the one I said, okay?
好,我来说一个元素名然后你再说一个。像接龙一样首尾字母相接怎么样?
I'll start. Helium.
我先开始。氦(helium),
Now, you could say "mercury." That would give me a "y." Very clever. That's a tough one.
你可以接汞(mercury)。我就要用y开头,真聪明,这有点难度。
So I go with ytterbium, which gets you back to m.
那我就接镱(ytterbium),你又得用m开头了,
So you go molybdenum, and I say magnesium. You say manganese.
那你就接钼(molybdenum),然后我接镁(magnesium),你接锰(manganese),
I say europium, and, then, you're left with mendelevium, and...there are no more m's because I believe that meitnerium should still be called ekairidium.
我接铕(europium),然后你就只能接钔(Mendelevium),这样一来就没有以m开头的了,因为我觉得钔还是该叫类铅(Ekairidium)。
So, congratulations. You win. Do you wanna go again?
那么恭喜啊,你赢了。你想再来一遍吗?
Why don't we just have a little quiet time now? All right.
你就不能消停一会儿吗?好吧。
I'm sorry. I'm finding your reckless nonchalance regarding the check engine light to be very troubling. Get out.
对不起。你对检查引擎无所谓的冷漠态度让我感到极度不安。下车。
Well, I have to tell you that while I do have a theoretical understanding of the workings of an internal combustion engine, I'm not sure I'm capable of performing diagnostics.
好吧我跟你实话实说,我的确对内燃引擎的工作原理有所了解,可我不确定我是否能进行故障排查。
I said, Get out. Okay. I'll give it a shot.
我说下车。好吧,我来试试好了。
Oh, Leonard. There you are. I'm ready to go home. I just got here. Good. Perfect timing.
噢,兰纳德你在这儿啊。我准备回家了。我才刚来。太好了,真及时。
Sheldon, I told you, I only have access to the free electron laser at night. I can't drive you for the next few weeks.
谢尔顿我跟你说过了,我只有晚上才能用自由电子激光仪。接下来几个礼拜我都不能开车送你了。
No, you said you couldn't drive me to work. This is from work. Howard, help me out here.
不,你只是说你不能开车送我上班,现在是下班。霍华德帮我说句话吧。
No, just for the fun of it, I'm gonna take his side.
才不呢,为了找乐子我也要站在他那边。
Now, how do you propose I get home? How did you get here in the first place?
那你觉得我该怎么回家?你是怎么来的?
Penny. But I sense that's no longer an option.
佩妮送我来的。但我感觉这个选项已经不可能了。
Look, I need to get to the laser lab. You're just gonna have to find someone else to take you home.
听着,我现在要去激光实验室。你就找别人送你回去吧。
Ah, damn, I picked the wrong side.
噢,可恶,我站错边了。
Oh, God, not Euclid Avenue!
噢,天呐,不要又走欧几里德大道。
Why did Howard leave you in the middle of the road anyway?
霍华德为啥在半路上把你抛下?
We had a difference of opinion. Over what?
我们意见不合。哪方面?
Whether or not he was trying to kill me. For the record, I maintain he was.
就他是否打算杀了我这件事。事实证明,我坚信他要杀我。
Where are you going? I'm taking you home. Oh, but I'm not going home. It's Wednesday.
你这是要上哪儿?送你回家啊。噢可我不要回家,今天是礼拜三。
Wednesday is new comic book day. We have to go to the comic book store.
礼拜三是漫画书淘宝日。我们得去漫画书屋。
And then, we have to stop at Soup Plantation; it's creamy tomato soup day.
之后还得去靓汤园,今天有奶油土豆汤。
And Radio Shack. There's a sale on tripleA batteries. Plus, we have to go to Pottery Barn and return my Star Wars sheets.
还有RadioShack电子商店三A电池在打折呢,此外我们还要去一下陶器坊,我要把星战被单给退了。
I have a better idea. You want to go to Pottery Barn first?
我有个更好的主意。你打算先去陶器坊?
Can you drive me to Pottery Barn?
你能送我去陶器坊吗?
Maybe if I turn off the night light, I can keep the sheets.
也许我把小夜灯关了就不用退床单了。
Good morning. Good morning. Sheldon, sit down.
早上好。早上好。谢尔顿坐下。
She's in my spot. Don't look at me like that. Everybody knows that's my spot.
她占了我的地方。别瞪我,谁都知道那是我的地方。
Sheldon, you know that we care about you.
谢尔顿你知道我们都很关心你。
And it's because we care about you that we've decided we have to speak up.
正因为如此我们决定打开天窗说亮话。
You're hurting the people around you, sweetie.
亲爱的,你伤了我们的感情。
So we made you an appointment, and we want you to keep it.
我们给你预约了这个,你收好。
Department of Motor Vehicles New Driver Handbook? But I don't have a problem.
汽车管理局新手指南?但我没有问题呀。
Sheldon, you need to learn how to drive. This madness has to stop.
谢尔顿你要学会开车。我们不能再陪你疯了。
Penny's taking you to the DMV. I'm going to bed.
佩妮会带你去车管局,我去睡觉。
Why Penny? Because rock breaks scissors. Good night.
为什么是佩妮?因为石头赢了剪刀。晚安。
All right, come on, Sheldon.
行了,走吧谢尔顿。
Hold on. I have one condition.
等等,我有个条件。
What? We have to stop at Pottery Barn.
什么?我们要在陶器坊那停一停。
Okay. And Radio Shack. Fine. And the comic book store. All right!
行。还有Radio Shack零售店。好吧。漫画书店。知道了。
Ooh, I want to go to the comic book store.
我也要去漫画书店。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
reckless ['reklis]

想一想再看

adj. 不计后果的,大意的,鲁莽的

联想记忆
option ['ɔpʃən]

想一想再看

n. 选择权,可选物,优先购买权
v. 给予选

联想记忆
update [ʌp'deit]

想一想再看

v. 更新,补充最新资料
n. 更新

 
invoke [in'vəuk]

想一想再看

vt. 求助,用咒语召唤,请求,应用,引起 [计算机]

联想记忆
reaction [ri'ækʃən]

想一想再看

n. 反应,反作用力,化学反应

联想记忆
integral ['intigrəl]

想一想再看

adj. 构成整体所必需的,完整的
n. [数

联想记忆
alarmed

想一想再看

adj. 受惊的;焦虑的;惊恐的 v. 报警(alarm

 
compatible [kəm'pætəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 能共处的,可并立的,适合的,兼容的

联想记忆
combustion [kəm'bʌstʃən]

想一想再看

n. 燃烧

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。