手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 生活大爆炸 > 生活大爆炸第二季 > 正文

生活大爆炸 第二季:第5集 Sheldon学习开车(下)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

I like comic books. I just don't see why I need a driver's license. Albert Einstein never had a driver's license.

我喜欢漫画书。搞不懂我为什么需要驾照。爱因斯坦都没考过。
Yeah, but Albert Einstein didn't make me wet myself at 40 miles an hour.
是啊,但爱因斯坦没让我在40英里时速下尿裤子。
Yeah, and I never wanted to kick Albert Einstein in the nuts.
我从没想过踢爱因斯坦老二。
You know, I gotta ask, why didn't you just get a license at 16 like everybody else?
我想问问,你干嘛不像其他人一样16岁时就考到驾照呢?
I was otherwise engaged. Doing what?
我在忙其他事情。忙什么?
Examining perturbative amplitudes in N=4 super symmetric theories leading to a reexamination of the ultraviolet properties of multiloop N=8 supergravity using modern twistor theory.
检测N=4超对称理论的扰动振幅,从而开展了利用现代扭量理论对多线圈N=8超引力紫外线特质的复查
Well, how about when you were 17?
那你17岁的时候呢?
Take this to the testing area, put your name at the top, sign the bottom, answer the questions, bring it back. Next. Application?
拿着去测试区,表格顶端写好名字。在最底下签名,答完问题拿回来,下一个。你的申请表呢?
I'm actually more of a theorist.
事实上我更多的是一个理论家。
The application in your hand. Give it to her.
你手里的申请表,给她。
Take this to the testing area, put your name at the top, sign the bottom, answer the questions, bring it back. Next!
拿着去测试区,表格顶端写好名字。在最底下签名,答完问题再拿回来,下一个。
Excuse me, but I have some concerns about these questions.
对不起,关于这些问题我有些疑问。
Look at that sign up there. Yes?
看看那里的告示。嗯?
Does it say I give a damn?
有没有写我乐意搭理呢?
No. That's because I don't.
没有。那是因为我不乐意呗。
Just look. See, this first question makes no sense.
看一下啦,第一个问题讲不通啊。
How many car lengths should you leave in front of you when driving? There's no possible way to answer that.
开车时你需与前车保持多少车长的距离,不可能有答案。
A car length is not a standardized unit of measure.
车长根本不是标准度量单位。
Look at the sign.
看告示。
Sheldon, it's C. Just put down C. I don't need your help, Penny. Listen to that little girl, honey. Put C. Next!
谢尔顿是C啦,选C就好了。佩妮我不要你帮忙。亲爱的,听那小姑娘的选C,下一个。
No, wait! No, hang on. Look at this next question. Sheldon, why are you arguing with the DMV?
不等下!等等看下一个问题。谢尔顿你干嘛要和车管局的争论呢?
How else are they going to learn?
要不然他们怎能学到东西?
Look...question two, When are roadways most slippery? Now, okay, there are three answers, none of which are correct.
看...问题二,什么时候路道最滑?瞧三个答案全是错的。
The correct answer is when covered by a film of liquid sufficient to reduce the coefficient of static friction between the tire and the road to essentially zero, but not so deep as to introduce a new source of friction.
正解是当覆盖一层足够减少摩擦系数的液体在轮胎和路之间达到零始态,而这液态膜又不至于成为新的摩擦源。
Here's your learner's permit. Go away.
你的驾驶学习许可,快走。
But I'm not done. I have many additional concerns about these questions.
还没说完呢,关于这些问题我还有很多疑问。
Don't make me climb over this counter. Come on. Let's go. Next! Aced it.
别逼我爬出柜台扁你。行了走吧。下一个!搞定。
Okay, that's it. Let's boot it up. Booting.
好成了,启动吧。启动。
This is a state of the art simulator. I adapted it from something a friend of mine designed for the army.
这是最先进的模拟器。我照一朋友给军方设计改装的。
Is that why I appear to be in downtown Fallujah behind the wheel of an uparmored Humvee?
所以我在费卢杰市区跟在一辆全副武装的悍马后面?
I haven't configured it yet. Let's see... Bradley tank...transport truck... Batmobile...Ohh! No.
还没有作设置。我看看,布莱德利坦克,运输卡车,蝙蝠侠车,哦!不行。
Here we go. Red 2006 Ford Taurus on the streets of Pasadena. What?
好了,帕萨迪纳市街道2006款红色福特金牛星。想说啥?
Statistically, red cars are stopped by police far more often than any other color.
统计显示,红车远比其他车被警察扣的多。
I don't want any hassles with the fuzz.
我可不想和警察争论。
Fine, what color do you want?
行了,你想要什么颜色的?
You know the pale blue of Luke Skywalker's lightsaber? Before it was digitally remastered?
知道天行者路克光剑的灰蓝色不?数码修复之前的那种?
Black, it is. Okay, now, what you want to do first is turn on the ignition and shift into drive.
黑色,就是它了。好,首先你要点火然后挂挡。
I haven't fastened my seat belt yet. Okay, fasten your seat belt.
我还没有系上安全带呢。好啦,系上吧。
Click. Now, are there air bags? You don't need air bags. What if a simulated van rearends me? I'll hit you in the face with a pillow.
系好了。有安全气囊吗?你不需要安全气囊。万一模拟货车追尾了呢?我会用枕头打你脸的。
Okay, now shift into drive. Pull out slowly into traffic.
好,现在换到驾驶档。慢慢驶上路。
Watch out, watch, watch out for the pedestrians! Oh, God. Wait slow Hit the brakes! The brakes!
小心,小心路人!天等等,慢点,刹车!刹车!
Thank you. Sorry. Excuse me. My bad. Student driver.
谢了。对不起。抱歉。我的错。新手上路。
How did you manage to get on the second floor of the Glendale Galleria?
你怎么上的格兰岱尔商场二楼的?
I don't know. I was on the Pasadena freeway. I missed my exit, flew off the overpass, and one thing led to another.
我不知道,我本来在帕萨迪纳高速路。我错过出口,飞过天桥,接二连三的...
Maybe you want to give it a rest and try again tomorrow. No. I quit.
也许你可以休息下,明天再练。不,我不干了。
Aw, the pet store. Remind me to compliment Wolowitz on the software. It's amazingly detailed.
呀,宠物店。提醒我称赞沃勒维茨的软件。细节太逼真了。
So wait, you're just gonna give up? No, I'm not giving up. I never give up.
那你准备放弃了?不,我才不放弃,我从不放弃。
So, what is it you're doing?
那你这是干啥呢?
I'm...transcending the situation. I'm clearly too evolved for driving.
我正在...度过难关。显然驾驶对我来说太低级了。
What does that mean?
啥意思呢?
Leonard, have you ever wondered why my little toes and lateral incisors are significantly smaller than the average for someone of my size?
兰纳德你想过为啥我的小脚趾和侧门牙要比和我一号的人小很多吗?
I wonder a lot of things about you, Sheldon. But not not that.
你有太多值得考虑的谢尔顿,但这事没有过。
Well, those are indicators that I'm farther along the evolutionary scale than the average human.
那显示我比普通人进化得多。
No kidding. Well, no, no. I'm not gonna go so far as to say that I represent a distinct new stage in humankind you know, a homo novus, if you will.
别搞笑了。别走,听我说。我也不好说我处于人类发展的一个崭新阶段,你要是愿意的话,叫新新人类。
No, that's for anthropologists to decide.
不,那要人类学家来认定的。
But I am convinced that the reason I cannot master the plebeian task of driving is because I'm not meant to.
但是我确信我不能精通普通人驾驶技术的原因,是因为我注定不是干这个的。
Yes, you are. You're meant to learn how to drive. Please learn how to drive! No, no.
不,你就是,你就是该学习驾驶的。求你学学开车吧!不,不。
Leonard, I'm meant for greater things, like unraveling the mysteries of the universe, not determining when it's safe to pass a stopped school bus on a country road.
兰纳德我注定要做更伟大的事,比如解答宇宙的奥秘,而不是搞清楚什么时候超过一个停在乡村路上的校车是安全的。
It's never safe. Yeah, well, I know that now.
啥时候都不安全。好极了,我现在知道了。
Fine. Assuming that everything you say is true, how does the biologically superior homo novus get to work tomorrow morning?
好,假定你说的都是真的,我们生物角度极其优越的新新人类,明天怎么去上班呢?
Homo novus doesn't know.
新新人类不知道。
Well, hang in there. Maybe you'll evolve into something with wings.
耐心等吧。也许你会进化出翅膀的。
Good morning, gentlemen. Good morning.
早上好先生们。早上好。
Is there some new kind of casual Friday I don't know about?
还有我不知道的星期五便装日?
No, he lives here now. Really? Why?
不是,他住在这里了。真的?为啥?
Well, since he won't take the bus and he's too evolved to drive, he decided it would be easier to just sleep in his office and shower in the radiation lab until I'm finished with my experiment.
既然他不能做公车,又进化过了人类驾驶的阶段,他觉得等到我完成我的实验前,办公室睡觉和在辐射实验室洗澡会好过些。
But you finished your experiment a week ago. Yep.
但你一周前就完成了。对。
You saw nothing!
就当啥也没看见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
ignition [ig'niʃən]

想一想再看

n. 点火,点火器 n. 【化】灼热 n. 【机】发火装

 
convinced [kən'vinst]

想一想再看

adj. 信服的

 
static ['stætik]

想一想再看

adj. 静态的,静力的,静止的,静电的
n.

联想记忆
fasten ['fæsn]

想一想再看

vt. 拴紧,使固定,系,强加于
vi. 固定

 
evolutionary [.i:və'lu:ʃnəri]

想一想再看

adj. 进化的,发展的,演变的

 
lateral ['lætərəl]

想一想再看

adj. 侧面的,横向的,旁边的
n. 分流,

 
liquid ['likwid]

想一想再看

adj. 液体的,液态的
n. 液体

 
engaged [in'geidʒd]

想一想再看

adj. 忙碌的,使用中的,订婚了的

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
additional [ə'diʃənl]

想一想再看

adj. 附加的,另外的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。