手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 生活大爆炸 > 生活大爆炸第二季 > 正文

生活大爆炸 第二季:第11集 圣诞节的礼物(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Your argument is lacking in all scientific merit.

你的论点完全缺乏科学价值。
It is well established Superman cleans his uniform by flying into Earth's yellow sun, which incinerates any contaminate matter and leaves the invulnerable Kryptonian fabric unharmed and daisy fresh.
这很明确,超人通过飞入黄日核武器清理他的衣服,由此能清除所有污染物,从而留下刀枪不入的氪星布料,既无损坏又完全清洁。
What if he gets something Kryptonian on it? Like what? I don't know. Kryptonian mustard.
要是他弄了点氪星的物质在上面呢?例如?我不知道,氪星的芥末。
I think we can safely assume that all Kryptonian condiments were destroyed when the planet Krypton exploded.
我们完全有理由认为氪星爆炸时已将所有氪星的调味品都摧毁了。
Or it turned into mustard Kryptonite, the only way to destroy a rogue Kryptonian hotdog threatening Earth.
又或者它变成了芥末氪星石,唯一能摧毁威胁地球的邪恶氪星热狗。
Raj, please, let's stay serious here.
拉杰,拜托,严肃点。
Superman's body is Kryptonian, therefore his sweat is Kryptonian. Yeah, what about Kryptonian pit stains?
超人的身体是氪星的,因此他的汗水也是氪星的。对,要是沾到氪星汗渍呢?
Superman doesn't sweat on Earth.
超人在地球不会出汗。
Okay, he's invited for dinner in the Bottle City of Kandor.
好啊,他应邀去肯朵的波特城赴晚餐。
He miniaturizes himself, enters the city where he loses his superpowers.
他把自己变小进入该城,在那里他失去了超能力。
Now, before dinner, his host says, "Who's up for a little Kryptonian tetherball?"
晚餐前主人说,玩一会氪星绳球如何?
Superman says "Sure," works up a sweat, comes back to Earth, his uniform now stained with indestructible Kryptonian perspiration. Boo ya.
超人说可以啊,玩得大汗淋漓,回到地球他的衣服已经沾了无法去除的氪星汗渍。将死你。
Superman would have taken his uniform to a Kandorian dry cleaner before he left the Bottle.
超人能在离开波特前把衣服放到坎多拉的干洗机清洗。
"Kandorian dry cl..." I give up. You can't have a rational argument with this man.
坎多拉的干洗机,我放弃。你们完全没法跟这人理论。
Hi, isn't that the guy who won the MacArthur genius grant last year? No, not all at once. Then how?
嗨,那不是去年赢得麦克亚瑟天才奖的家伙吗?不,别一次全部人看。那怎么看?
Leonard. Now, Raj. Now, Sheldon.
莱纳德先看。现在轮到拉杰。现在轮到谢尔顿。
I didn't get a good look. Can I go again? No.
我没看清,能再看一遍吗?不行。
It's David Underhill. So what?
是戴维·安德希尔,那又怎么样?
So what? His observation of highenergy positrons has provided the first conclusive evidence for the existence of galactic dark matter.
怎么样?他对高能正点子的观察报告首次确切证明了银河暗物质的存在。
I have two words for you. The first is "big, " the other is "whoop."
我只给你两个词,一个是太,一个是好了。
It is a big whoop. It made almost all the work you've done since you've been here completely useless.
确实是很好。这几乎颠覆了所有你在这里做的工作成果。
Did not. Did, too. Did... Okay, maybe some of it, but...
才怪。才怪,才...好吧,有部分吧,但是,

It is a big whoop. It made almost all the work you've done since you've been here completely useless.

确实是很好。这几乎颠覆了所有你在这里做的工作成果。
Did not. Did, too. Did... Okay, maybe some of it, but...
才怪。才怪,才...好吧,有部分吧,但是,
Look, the guy was just in the right place, at the right time with the right paradigmshifting reinterpretation of the universe. He got lucky.
这小子只是在天时地利的时候利用范式方法重新解释了银河系,纯粹是狗屎运。
In more ways than one. He's a very handsome man.
不仅如此,他长得很帅呢。
Doesn't do anything for me. If I was gonna go that way, I'm more of a Zac Ephron kind guy.
对我没什么影响,如果换成我,我会更像扎克·埃夫隆那种类型。
Oh, yeah, like you have a shot with Zac Ephron.
对,要是你能有那么一点像他。
Excuse me. Are you Leonard Hofstadter? Uh...yeah. I'm David Underhill. Uh...y yeah.
打扰一下,你是莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德吗?是的。我是戴维·安德希尔。好的。
Yeah, Dr. Gablehauser said if I wanted to set something up in the photomultiplier lab, that you'd be able to give me a hand?
盖博豪斯博士说,如果我要在光电倍增实验室准备试验,你能帮我忙?
You want to work with me? Well, if you have a little time, yeah.
你要和我一起做实验?你要是有时间的话,是的。
Wow.... Y yeah, sure. Yeah, no problem. Uh... Here's my home number. Here's my cell. Here's my office.
哇,当然有。没问题。这是我的住宅电话,这是我的手机号码,这是我的办公室电话,
Here's my parents' number up in New Jersey. They always know how to reach me.
这是我住在新泽西的父母家的电话,他们总能找到我。
So... Okay. Congratulations on the MacArthur Grant, by the way. Big fan.
对了,恭喜你获得麦克亚瑟天才奖,我很崇拜你。
Thanks. I'll call you. Okay. Byebye!
谢谢,我会打电话给你。好的。拜拜。
What are you looking at? You've never seen a hypocrite before?
看什么看,没见过伪君子啊?
Trailing badly, Wolowitz needs a strike if he has any hopes of catching up with Sheldon Cooper,
遥遥落后,沃罗威茨需要投出全倒才有希望追上谢尔顿·库珀,
who is dominating in the ninth frame with a career best 68.
他在第九个计分格时占尽优势。最高记录68。
That doesn't count. Do over! Do over! There are no doovers in Wii bowling.
那个不算,重来重来。Wii保龄球游戏里可是投球无回的。
There are always doovers when my people play sports.
我的朋友做运动时总会有重来的。
Where were you that's more important than Wii bowling night?
有什么比Wii保龄球之夜还重要的?
Actually, I was... It's a rhetorical question. There is nothing more important than Wii bowling night.
其实我...这是反问句。没什么能比Wii保龄球之夜重要。
Come on, it's just a video game. And we suck at it.
得了吧,不就是个电子游戏嘛,而且我们玩得很逊。
Nice motivational speech from the team captain. Where were you?
很好的队长动员演说嘛。你去哪了?
I was working with Dave Underhill. Ooh, "Dave." Sounds like Leonard's got a new BFF.
我去戴维·安德希尔那了。哦,戴维,听起来莱纳德有了新的好朋友。
Actually, he's pretty cool. I mean, not only is he a brilliant scientist, but it turns out he's a Black Diamond skier.
事实上他真的很酷,不仅仅因为他是个天才,他还是个黑钻滑雪高手。
He collects vintage motorcycles. He plays in a rock band.
他收集老式摩托车,他还在一个摇滚乐队里演奏呢。
So? We're in a rock band. No... We play Rock Band on our XBox.
怎样?我们也是一个乐队啊。不...我们在XBox里演奏。
Nice motivational speech from our lead guitarist.
感谢主音吉他手激动人心的致辞。
He's funny, too. He does this hysterical impersonation of Stephen Hawking having phone sex. What are you wearing?
他还很幽默。他还绘声绘色的模仿了史蒂芬·霍金的电话性爱。你穿着什么呢?
That's not... He does it better.
还是他演得比较像。
Anyway, he said he was gonna take me to the gym tomorrow, so I'm gonna go practice my sit ups.
总之,他说明天他要带我去体育馆,我先回屋练练仰卧起坐。
Whoa. Humongous man crush, dude.
排山倒海的男性吸引。
Yeah. It's officially a bromance.
兄弟情的完美演绎。
Hey, Sheldon, are you and Leonard putting up a Christmas tree?
嘿,谢尔顿,你和莱纳德要不要弄棵圣诞树?
No, because we don't celebrate the ancient pagan festival of Saturnalia. Saturnalia?
不,我们不庆祝古老的异教农神节。农神节?
Gather round, kids, it's time for Sheldon's beloved Christmas special.
孩子们,过来坐好了,又到谢尔顿最爱的圣诞特别节目时间了。
In the pre Christian era, as the winter solstice approached and the plants died,
在基督教出现之前的那些岁月,每当冬至来临植物死亡,
pagans brought evergreen boughs into their homes as an act of sympathetic magic, intended to guard the life essences of the plants until spring.
异教徒把常青的枝杈带回家中,用这种形式来表示保护生命的本质直到春天再次到来。
This custom was later appropriated by Northern Europeans and eventually it becomes the so called Christmas tree.
这种风俗后来被北欧人继承,于是演变成了现在的圣诞树。
And that, Charlie Brown, is what boredom is all about.
那么查理·布朗,你看到什么叫做无聊了吧。
Okay, well, thank you for that, but I got you and Leonard a few silly neighbor gifts, so I'll just put them under my tree.
好吧谢谢。不过我给你和莱纳德买了点蠢蠢的小礼物,我回头搁我的圣诞树底下好了。
Wait! You bought me a present? Why would you do such a thing?
等等!你给我买了个礼物?你干吗要这么做?
I don't know. Cause it's Christmas?
不知道,因为是圣诞节?
Oh, Penny. I know you think you're being generous, but the foundation of giftgiving is reciprocity.
哦佩妮,我知道你认为自己很大方,但送礼是建立在互利互惠的原则上的。
You haven't given me a gift. You've given me an obligation.
你还没给我礼物就已经塞给我一份责任。
Don't feel bad, Penny, it's a classic rookie mistake. My first Hanukkah with Sheldon, he yelled at me for eight nights.
别难过佩妮,这是新手常犯的错。我和谢尔顿过的第一个犹太教光明节,他对我吼了八个晚上。
Now, hey, it's okay. You don't have to get me anything in return.
没关系,你不用送我什么东西以表回馈。
Of course I do. The essence of the custom is that I now have to go out and purchase for you a gift of commensurate value
当然要,这种风俗的精髓就是现在我不得不出去给你买点东西,价值相当的礼物,
and representing the same perceived level of friendship as that represented by the gift you've given me.
这礼物得体现对我们友谊的相同的感知价值,这种感知价值体现于你送我的礼物。
It's no wonder suicide rates sky rocket this time of year.
知道今年自杀率是怎么直线上升的了吧。
Okay, you know what? Forget it. I'm not giving you a present.
好吧忘了这件事吧,我没有给你准备礼物。
No, it's too late. I see it. That elf sticker says, "To Sheldon."
太晚了,我都看到了,那个小精灵贴纸,上面写着给谢尔顿。
The die has been cast. the moving finger has write. Hannibal has crossed the Alps.
木已成舟,冥冥有手已写天书,汉尼拔已经翻越了阿尔卑斯山。
I know. It's funny when it's not happening to us.
我知道。有意思,特别是发生在别人身上。
Sheldon, I am very, very sorry. No. No, I brought this on myself by being such an endearing and important part of your life.
谢尔顿,我非常非常抱歉。别别我自找的,谁让我不小心成为你生命中美好又重要的一部分呢。
I'm going to need a ride to the mall. It's happening to us.
谁开车带我去商场。现在发生在咱们头上了。
Are you gonna make it? Yeah, I guess.
你还好吧?也许吧。
Thanks for letting me try out your motorcycle. No problem. I had no idea it was so heavy.
谢谢你让我开你的摩托。不客气。我不知道它这么沉
The thing just fell right over on me, didn't it? Yeah. Lucky for you it wasn't moving.
就这么压到我身上了是吧。是啊,还没跑起来算你走运。
Oh, hey, Leonard. Ooh, are you okay? Oh, yeah. It's just a little motorcycle accident.
莱纳德您还好吧?还好。就是个摩托车小意外。
My God, how fast were you going? I don't know. It's all such a blur.
我的天,你开得有多快?不晓得,就在电光火石之间。
Good one. He couldn't even get it started.
很幽默,他都没发动起来。
Hi. Dave. Hi. Penny. So it's your motorcycle? Is it okay?
嗨,戴维。嗨,佩妮。是你的摩托?没摔坏吧?
Lucky for the bike it landed on my leg.
算那车走运,有我的腿垫着。
You mind giving me a hand with speed racer here? Oh, yeah. Yeah, sure.
你介意帮我搀这位机车选手一下么?好的好的。
So, um, Dave, how do you know Leonard? I'm a physicist. No, you're not.
戴维你是怎么认识莱纳德的?我是个物理学家。你才不是呢。
Why is that so surprising? Uh, well, it's just that the physicists I know are indoorsy and pale.
有什么奇怪的么?主要是我所认识的物理学家都又白又宅。
I'm not indoorsy. I just wear the appropriate sun block because I don't take melanoma lightly.
我不是宅男。我的防晒霜很好用,所以黑色素沉淀得很少。
So, are you and Leonard working on an experiment together? Yeah, actually we are.
那你是在和莱纳德一起做实验么?事实上是的。
Yeah, we're examining the radiation levels of photomultiplier tubes for a new dark matter detector.
我们在检测光电倍增管的辐射强度,用在一种新的暗物质探测器上面的。
Uh, sweetie, sweetie, Dave was talking.
亲爱的,我在和戴维说话。
You know, I love science. Since when? Since always.
你知道的,我爱好科学。从什么时候开始的?一直都是啊。
Call me a geek, but I am just nuts for the whole subatomic particle thing.
叫我科学怪人吧,我就是为这些亚原子痴迷不已。
The last thing I would ever call you is a geek. Ha. Well, that's what I am queen of the nerds.
我叫你什么也不会叫你科学怪人的。呵呵,我就是啊。怪才天后。
Well, if you like, I could show you the lab we're working in.
如果你愿意,我可以带你参观我们工作的实验室,
We've got some cool toys, you know lasers and stuff.
我们有一些很棒的玩意,激光器什么的。
You know, I have always wanted to see a big science lab. Since when? Since always.
你知道么,我一直都想见识下真正的科学实验室。什么时候开始的?一直都是呀。
Leonard, are you okay here? Yeah. I guess.
莱纳德,你还好么?还好吧
How about we go see it now? Maybe afterwards we take the bike up the coast, We grab a little bite to eat...
我们现在就去看如何?之后我们可以到海边兜风,再来点吃的东西。
Um... Yeah. Yeah, that sounds great. Let me just get my jacket. Boy, she'll do, huh?
真不错。我去拿个外套。她很可爱嘛。
Yeah, if you like that type. So, you and her...? No, just neighbors.
是啊,如果你喜欢这个类型的。你和她?没关系,就是邻居。
Really. I don't know how you live next door to that without doing something about it.
真的,真难想象你就住她隔壁居然没有什么行动。
Actually...science is my lady. Okay. Let's go. All right. See you tomorrow, Leonard.
事实上,科学就是我的爱人。好吧,咱们走吧。好的。明天见莱纳德。
See ya. 'Bye, Penny. Have fun. Did you forget your key?
明天见再见佩妮,玩得开心。你没带钥匙么?

重点单词   查看全部解释    
radiation [.reidi'eiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 辐射,放射线

 
rookie ['ruki]

想一想再看

n. 新手

联想记忆
band [bænd]

想一想再看

n. 带,箍,波段
n. 队,一群,乐队

 
hypocrite ['hipəkrit]

想一想再看

n. 伪君子,伪善者

 
endearing [in'diəriŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 惹人喜爱的,可爱的 动词endear的现在分词

联想记忆
frame [freim]

想一想再看

n. 框,结构,骨架
v. 构成,把 ...

 
cast [kɑ:st]

想一想再看

v. 投,掷,抛,铸造,丢弃,指定演员,加起来,投射(目

 
genius ['dʒi:njəs]

想一想再看

n. 天才,天赋

联想记忆
generous ['dʒenərəs]

想一想再看

adj. 慷慨的,宽宏大量的,丰盛的,味浓的

联想记忆
established [is'tæbliʃt]

想一想再看

adj. 已被确认的,确定的,建立的,制定的 动词est

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。