手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法第一季 > 正文

福尔摩斯基本演绎法第一季(MP3+中英字幕) 第7集 审问克鲁斯

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Good morning.

早上好
And to you, as well.
你也好
Okay. This has to stop.
好了,气够了吧
This only speaking when spoken to thing?
我不跟你说话你就死不开口么
You're obviously angry that I went to your friend Alistair
你明显是在气我通过你的朋友阿里斯泰尔
and that he told me you knew someone named Irene.
知道了艾琳这个人
You think I overstepped my bounds.
你觉得我做得出格了
Hadn't thought about it that much at all, actually.
我还真没那么想过
We both know that's not true.
我们都清楚你说的是反话
And guess what... I'm your sober companion.
知道吗,我是你的康戒陪护
It's my job to overstep polite boundaries.
我就得做一些略微过界的事
Part of recovery is about addressing painful things.
解决令你痛苦的事也是治疗的一部分
If you ignore them, they become triggers.
如果你选择忽视,它们就会成为隐患
Could you shoot all this to me in an e-mail?
你能把这些话用电邮发给我吗
I'm just much better at processing the written word.
我比较习惯看书面的东西
I'm gonna stay after you about this,
我会一直对这事穷追不舍
because I know how important it is.
是因为我知道它很重要
But if you won't talk to me, there's only so much I can do.
但如果你不肯说的话,我也就只能这样了
What is it? You're right.
怎么了, 你说的没错
I have been cutting you off.
我一直不跟你说话
It amounts to sulking,
是在生闷气
and it is no way to conduct an adult relationship.
这不是成年人该做的事
I might not like what you did,
我可能不喜欢你做的事
but I suppose I have to...
但我应该...
respect your right to do it.
尊重你这样做的权利
Good.
很好
I would propose a toast to our new spirit of collaboration,
我本想为我们全新的合作共识喝一杯
but I, um... I've neglected to pour myself a coffee.
但是,我忘了给自己倒杯咖啡
Would you mind waiting a moment?
你介意稍等一下吗
Of course.
当然不介意
Sherlock?
夏洛克
No Watson?
华生没来吗
She took the morning off.
她今早请假了
Something about a cousin falling ill.
一个亲戚生病了
Shall we? Yeah.
我们开始吧, 好的
Jay and Amy Myrose.
杰和艾米·麦洛斯
Their cleaning lady got here this morning,
他们的清洁女工今早来到这里
found them like this.
发现他们被杀了
Preliminary times of death indicate the suspect
初步调查显示,嫌疑人是
broke in after midnight,
午夜过后闯入的
dragged the Myroses out of their beds,
把麦洛斯夫妻从床上拖下来
forced them to give up the combination to their wall safe,
强迫他们说出保险箱的密码
and then...
然后...
I, uh... I got to tell you,
我必须得说
coming in here this morning
今早来这里看到这一切
was like waking up in the middle of a nightmare
就像从噩梦中惊醒一样
that I thought I stopped having a long time ago.
那个噩梦我以为我很久以前就摆脱了
Is that because of the uncanny similarities
是因为它和99年的韦德·克鲁斯谋杀案
to the Wade Crewes murders in 1999?
惊人的相似吗
You-you know about that?
你知道那个案子
I picked up the particulars of these deaths
我在打车来的路上
on my scanner app while I was taxiing over here.
用软件了解了一下死者的遇害情况
Victims' arms bound with pile hitch knots,
在杀死受害者之前
pillows strapped to their heads using belts
凶手把他们的手绑在身后
shortly before they were killed.
并用皮带将枕头蒙在面部
Have to admit, the similarities are striking.
不得不说,真是惊人的相似
Yes, no, no, I know.
是的,不,不,我知道很相似
I just didn't think you'd know about Wade Crewes.
我只是没想到你会知道韦德·克鲁斯
13 years ago, he perpetrated three separate home invasions
13年前,他在三个月内
over the course of three months.
入室行窃三次
In every instance, a wealthy couple
每一起案件中,都有一对
murdered in the middle of the night.
有钱的夫妻在午夜被杀
Contents of their wall safe emptied.
保险箱也被洗劫一空
Eventually, he was brought to justice by, uh... you.
最后,是你把他绳之以法的
Yeah.
Something of a career-defining case.
那可是决定你事业发展的重要案件
Of course I'm familiar with it.
我当然知道了
There.
看这里
Always nice when a psychopath
一个变态把自己的形象
grooms himself to look the part, don't you think?
弄得这么生动真不容易,不是吗
Question is, why copycat a home invader?
问题是,为什么要模仿入室劫匪呢
You think this is the work of a copycat?
你觉得这是模仿
Well, it's either that, or...
不是模仿的话,那就是...
some kind of weird coincidence.
某种奇怪的巧合
There is another possibility.
还有另外一种可能性
But that depends on what we find in the shoe closet.
但要先看看他们的鞋柜才能确定
I noticed something odd
在当年的案件中
in the old case files.
我发现了一些奇怪的地方
Two of the safes that Crewes looted
克鲁斯洗劫的保险箱中
were located in bedroom closets.
有两个是装在卧室衣柜里的
The other was in an office,
还有一个是在书房里
but he rifled through the bedroom anyway.
但他还是翻看了卧室
Now, in each case, the woman of the house
在每个案件里,房子的女主人
had a collection of expensive shoes.
都有很多昂贵的鞋
And in every case, one of those shoes
而每起谋杀结束后
was missing after the murder.
都有一双鞋会少一只
See for yourself.
你看
Why would someone steal one shoe?
为什么会偷走一只鞋呢
Well, that's a fair question.
问得好
My guess is the perpetrator
我的猜测是罪犯
wanted a little something to memorialize the occasion.
想拿点东西来纪念这次犯罪
Something like, perhaps...
可能,就好比...
one high-heeled Jimmy Choo.
一只吉米·周的高跟鞋
Wade Crewes told you that he worked alone
99年韦德·克鲁斯认罪时说
when he confessed in 1999.
自己没有同伙
I think he lied.
我认为他说谎了
I don't believe that we're looking for someone
我认为我们要找的
who's copying his work.
不是他的模仿犯
I think we're looking for someone who helped him do it.
我们要找的是当年帮他作案的同伙
The chief of detectives just formed
探长刚刚组建了一支
a task force on the Myrose murders.
麦洛斯凶杀案的专案小组
Sorry.
抱歉
Garrity, Ramberg,
加里蒂,兰伯格
I'm pulling you in.
你们加入专案小组
I'm gonna detail a few other detectives out of other units.
我还会选派一些其他组的探员
Any questions?
有问题吗
All right, then.
那好,各就各位吧
Captain, if I might venture a suggestion?
警监,我能斗胆提个意见吗
You and I go to Sing Sing,
你和我去新新监狱
talk to Wade Crewes, hmm?
找韦德·克鲁斯谈谈
We now know there's a connection
我们现在知道这起新案件
between the old murders and the new ones,
和旧案之间有联系
and Crewes is the one man who can tell us what it is.
克鲁斯是唯一能帮到我们的人
Waste of time. He'd tell you he was partnered with the Taliban
纯属浪费时间,为了能减刑
if it'd shave time off his sentence.
他没准儿还会说同伙是塔利班呢
And we don't know there's a connection.
而且我们还不确定这当中是否有联系
The missing high heel.
你是指那只丢失的高跟鞋吧
Don't people lose shoes all the time? Not $1,000 ones.
丢鞋很正常啊, 不会丢1000美金的鞋吧
I-I have to say, you seem strangely reluctant
恕我直言,你似乎不太想
to pursue a promising lead.
追查这个很有价值的线索
Because it's not a lead yet.
因为这还不算线索
It's not an anything yet.
什么都不是
Maybe you'll turn out to be right,
也许你是对的
but talking to Wade Crewes
但是和韦德·克鲁斯谈话
is not going to get you there.
帮不上任何忙
I promise you.
我向你保证
Watson, I admire your persistence,
华生,我很欣赏你的坚持
but the reception is really... where... am.
但我这边的...信号...实在...
Really? 'Cause my phone's working fine.
是吗,我的手机很正常啊
Four bars and everything.
满满四格信号呢
Let me guess:
让我猜猜
You want me to wait right here
你还要再去买杯咖啡
while you get another coffee. Or you could just leave.
让我在这里等你, 你也可以直接离开
Okay, I don't think ditching me
好了,我觉得避开我
is the most constructive approach.
并不是最有效的做法
Well, it solved the problem, didn't it?
但的确解决了问题,不是么
It's quite simple, Watson.
华生,其实很简单
Stop trying to reach me, and things can
不要再试着解读我的内心
go back to the way that they were.
这样一切就可以照旧了
You know I'm not gonna do that.
你知道我不会那么做的
Well, then, welcome to our new arrangement.
那好,欢迎遵守我们的新秩序
Same as the old one, without the goodwill that you'd accrued.
和之前一样,但是没有从前的友好了
I will obey the letter of our agreement.
我会遵守协议上的条款
I will check in with you every two hours,
我会每隔两小时向你报到
at which point you can give me whatever drug tests that you want.
你可以做任何药物检测
My bodily fluids are all at your disposal.
我所有的体液都供你处置
That's not how this works...
不是这样的...
I'm not finished. Oh, you're not finished.
我还没说完, 你继续
What is not at your disposal
唯一不在你权限范围内的
are the details of my personal life,
就是我私人生活的细节
which are uniquely my own,
那是仅仅属于我自己的生活
and which I will not cheapen by allowing them to become
我不会贱到用自己的生活
grist for your tedious recovery mill.
去给你无聊的康复治疗提供素材
All right, then.
好吧
That's that.
那就这样吧
I will check in with you in two hours.
两小时后我会再联系你
Holmes...
福尔摩斯
Bell's got something.
贝尔得到了一些线索
All right, CCS dug through the Myroses' laptop.
参谋部调查了麦洛斯夫妇的笔记本电脑
They each got a bunch of threatening E-mails
他俩都收到了很多
from the same anonymous account.
来自同一个匿名账户的恐吓邮件
We traced the IP address
我们追查IP地址
to a guy named Julian Walsh.
找到了一个叫朱利安·沃什的人
Guy's a contractor.
是个承包商
The Myroses hired him to remodel their kitchen,
麦洛斯夫妇雇佣他改造他们的厨房
and then fired him six weeks later.
但是六周后就解雇了他
They filed a complaint about his work
他们写信投诉了他的工作
and withheld payment.
并且没有付报酬
And Walsh responded with anonymous threats.
沃什承认了匿名恐吓
We ran him through the NCIC.
我们在犯罪信息数据库里核查了
He did time for weapons possession
他有非法持枪和
and sexual assault.
性侵犯的前科
We're going to go talk to him now.
我们现在就去找他谈谈
That's a lead.
这才叫线索
"When you least expect it, I'll be there
"在你最意想不到的时刻,我会把
to give you what's yours."
原本属于你的东西给你"
"A pair of pliers and a handful of rusty nails
"我只需要一对钳子
are the only tools I need."
和一把生锈的铁钉就够了"
Sound familiar, Mr. Walsh?
沃什先生,感觉耳熟吗
Okay, yes, I sent those E-mails.
好吧,是我发了那些邮件
But that doesn't mean I killed anybody.
但那并不代表我杀了人
Well, you talked about killing people,
你信中提到要杀人
and they wound up dead.
而他们最终死了
I'm sure you can follow along.
我相信你可以按照信中说的去做
I don't know what you want me to say.
我不知道你想让我说什么
Well, listen,
听着
we'll be more inclined to believe you
如果你可以提供
if you gave us your whereabouts
你昨晚六点至午夜的行踪
six and midnight last night.
我们会更愿意相信你的
I watched TV, and then I went to bed by 11:00.
我在看电视,然后11点就睡觉了
I live alone, but that doesn't mean I did anything.
我一个人住,但这并不意味是我干的
You understand why we're here, Julian.
朱利安,你知道我们来这里的原因
The people you threatened in these E-mails are now dead.
你发邮件恐吓的人现在死了
Yeah, well, I'm sorry for that...
对此我很遗憾...
No, you haven't even...
不,你没有...
You with us here? Yep.
你在听吗, 在听
I just want to see if the house has a basement.
我只想知道这房子有没有地下室
Walsh has looked at the floor three times
自从开始问话,沃什已经
since he started talking.
瞄了地板三次了
He's clearly nervous.
显然他很紧张
I bet whatever he's hiding is down there.
我打赌他藏的东西就在下面
Okay, I'll cut this off and get us a warrant.
好,我现在终止盘问,申请搜查令
And give him time to get rid of the evidence?
然后给他时间销毁证据吗
Mr. Walsh, do you have a lavatory I might use?
沃什先生,能用下你的盥洗室吗
Bathroom.
厕所
Yeah, upstairs.
有,在楼上
Identify yourself.
说明你的身份
What the hell are you doing?
你在搞什么啊
He lied.
他撒谎了
When he said that he lived alone.
他撒谎说自己一个人住
Arrest him!
逮捕他
Arrest him. Turn to the wall now.
逮捕他, 趴在墙上
You have to understand,
希望您理解
this my nuclear option.
这是我最后的选择了
I've never felt the need to go to a client's rehab before.
我从没想过要拜访客户以前的戒毒所
Yeah, but Mr. Holmes isn't a typical client.
但福尔摩斯先生可不是那种常见的客户
He just won't let me help him.
他就是不让我帮助他
He's so adamant about being above all that.
他的固执胜过一切
Yeah, he does make it difficult to keep one's cool, doesn't he?
他的确很难让人保持冷静,对吧
Please. Thank you.
请进, 谢谢
I know from his records
我从他的治疗记录中查到
he spent two hours a day in therapy with you.
他每天在你这接受两个小时的治疗
Did he ever mention a woman named Irene?
他有没有提到过一个叫艾琳的女人
Sherlock Holmes was here for six months,
夏洛克·福尔摩斯在这待了六个月
and in that time, he mentioned no women, no men,
在此期间,他从未提到过任何女人,男人
no names, no dates.
名字,或日期
I don't believe I learned
我没得到关于他的
a single significant thing about him.
任何有意义的事情
Her name is Katya.
她叫卡佳
She came to the U.S. to work as a prostitute.
她来美国做妓女谋生
Her handlers sold her to Julian Walsh a couple of weeks ago.
她的老鸨几周前把她卖给了朱利安·沃什
She told me that he has been to see her every night
她说沃什买下她之后,每天晚上
since he purchased her.
都会去看她
You can fill in the blanks.
你们可以自由想象
Most evenings, he slept in her room.
大多数时间,他都睡在她房里
Including last night.
包括昨晚
Walsh's sex slave is his alibi for the Myrose killings?
于是沃什的性奴成了他的不在场证人
I'm afraid it looks that way.
恐怕是这样的
Respectfully, I suggest that
礼貌地提个建议
we bring everyone on the task force
我们应该让专案组的所有人
into a comprehensive review of the original files.
对当年案件的卷宗进行全面的审查
Because of the shoe thing?
还是因为那丢失的鞋子吗
I'm not diverting an entire task force
我不会为了一只丢失的高跟鞋
for a missing high heel.
出动整个专案组
Four missing high heels,
如果把之前的案件也算上
if you count the original crime scene.
其实是四只高跟鞋
You never recovered the original murder weapon, did you?
你们一直没找到之前的凶器,是吗
No, Crewes said he dumped it in the East River.
没有,克鲁斯说他丢到东河里了
Well, let's go and see if he was telling the truth.
那我们就去看看他说的是不是实话吧
Holmes,
福尔摩斯
what are we doing down here?
我们在这里做什么
Ballistics comparison, hmm?
弹道比较
This is the original report from the original murders.
这是之前几起凶杀案的报告
You gonna do it by eye?
你要用肉眼观察吗
The human eye is a precision instrument.
人眼是一种精密仪器
It can detect grooves and lands on a slug
它可以比电脑更有效地检查出
more efficiently than any computer.
子弹上的凹槽和棱面
In both of these killings,
算上昨晚的案子
and in last night's murders, the slugs had
在全部的凶杀案中
the same distinctive dent on the case head.
子弹的弹头上都有相同的凹痕
It was caused by some sort of defect in the gun's barrel.
这是由于枪管的某种缺陷造成的
The grooves and lands show a steep twist to the left.
这些凹槽和棱面显示了子弹曾急剧地左扭
See for yourself.
你自己看看
Now, you can wait for the computers
如果你愿意,你也可以
to confirm it if you like,
等电脑的分析结果来确认
but Wade Crewes lied to you about that murder weapon.
但是关于凶器,韦德·克鲁斯撒谎了
He didn't dump it.
他没有把它扔掉
And wherever it's been for the last 13 years,
而且不论过去13年它在哪里
it was used last night to kill the Myroses.
昨晚确实有人拿着它杀了麦洛斯夫妇
This is no longer a theory, Captain; this is a fact.
警监,这不再是一个推测了,这是事实
These cases are indelibly linked.
这些案件有紧密的联系
Terry?
特瑞
What are you doing here?
你来这做什么
I figured maybe you could tell me that.
我还以为你能告诉我答案呢
I got a message saying to come here
我收到消息说让我来这儿
to review the Wade Crewes murders.
重新审查那几起韦德·克鲁斯谋杀案
I didn't call you.
我没打你电话
I did.
我打的
Ms. D'Amico was your partner
埃美柯小姐是99年你调查
when you investigated the original murders in '99.
最初那三起谋杀案时的搭档
Surely it's possible she would help
很有可能她可以帮助我们
shed some light on the situation.
发掘案情的真相
We know that last night's murders
我们已经知道昨晚的谋杀案
were connected to the ones from 1999.
和1999年的几起案子存在关联
The way I see it, this can mean one of two things:
在我看来,这表示有两种可能性
First is that Wade Crewes had an accomplice
一是韦德·克鲁斯有一个共犯
that he never told the police about.
但他没向警方交代
For whatever reason, that guy
出于某种原因,这个共犯
started up again 13 years later.
在13年后又开始作案了
Second option:
或者
Crewes committed the original crimes all by himself,
克鲁斯单独犯下了最初的谋杀案
but got someone to do last night's killing
但他却让某个人在昨晚替他杀人
so he could maybe get his sentence commuted.
以便为他自己减刑
There is another possibility:
还有另一种可能
Wade Crewes is innocent, the wrong man is in prison
韦德·克鲁斯是无辜的,他替人坐了牢
and the original killer is back at it.
而当年的凶手又开始作案了
No way.
不可能
Crewes did it; he told us he did it.
是克鲁斯干的,他向我们认罪了
It wouldn't be the first false confession in the annals
这应该不是罪案记录里的第一份虚假供词了
of crime, would it? Enough.
对吧, 够了
This isn't philosophy class.
这不是上哲学课
We don't need to debate every possibility.
我们不用争辩每一种可能性
Whatever's going on,
不管到底怎么回事
I guarantee you Crewes is not innocent.
我保证克鲁斯不是无辜的
Now, I'm going to go talk to him,
现在,我准备去找他谈谈
see if I can shake his tree,
看看能不能让他动摇
figure out if he's working with somebody.
弄清他是不是还有共犯
Garrity, Ramberg,
加里蒂,兰伯格
I want you to grab a couple of guys
我要你们俩找几个人
and start digging into some old case files.
深入挖掘一下一些旧案的卷宗
Bell, I want you to
贝尔,我要你调查
look into the suspects from '99.
99年那几起案件的疑犯资料
All right? We're done here.
都清楚了吧,到此为止,散会
Um, I'd like to go with you to interview Crewes.
我想和你一起去找克鲁斯问话
Fine. You can observe.
好吧,你可以在旁边观察
Um, not to pry, but did everything end well
恕我多事,你和埃美柯警探之间
with you and Detective D'Amico?
是不是有什么不愉快
I noticed that you didn't greet each other,
我注意到你们没有相互问候
you didn't say good-bye...
你也没有和她告别
You just got done dissecting one of my old cases
你刚才在满满一屋子人面前
in front of a room full of people.
对我以前的案子说三道四
How about you leave my old partnership alone.
能不能别再管我和过去搭档的闲事了
You want insights into Sherlock Holmes?
你想知道我对夏洛克·福尔摩斯的看法
I'll give you an insight:
那我就告诉你我的看法
He's childish and self-absorbed.
他幼稚又固执
He spent nearly every group session in total silence.
他几乎每次小组会都一言不发
He was, bar none,
他是我所有病人中
the least cooperative patient I've ever had.
最不配合的,没有之一
Yeah, I read the same from most of your colleagues.
是啊,你的大部分同事也都这么说
Who's that?
那是谁
Oh, the gardener.
是园丁
Uh, I think his name's E... Edson.
我想他是叫埃德森
Edison? Why?
还是埃迪森来着,怎么了
Hey, there.
你好啊
How you doing?
你好吗
Good.
不错
Hey, is that beekeeping equipment?
那是养蜂的设备吗
Yeah.
是啊
Calms them down.
能让它们平静下来
Everyone tells me I probably should
所有人都和我说
just spray the hives with poison,
只要对着蜂窝喷些毒药就行了
but what can I say? I find them interesting.
但我能说什么呢,我觉得它们很有趣
This one's getting a little big, though.
不过这个已经有点太大了
Gonna move it out to the woods.
我要把它移到森林里去
There was a client back here a little while ago, uh,
不久前这儿有个病人
who was also interested in beekeeping.
也对养蜂感兴趣
Sure.
没错
You mean Sherlock.
你是说夏洛克
Yeah. You knew him?
是啊,你认识他吗
He used to tell me I was the only person in this place
他曾说我是这里唯一
without an agenda.
不循规蹈矩的人
I took that to mean he liked me.
我把这理解为他喜欢我
I wasn't sure if you and your partner
我本来还不确定你和你的搭档
would show up here.
会不会来我这儿呢
You were expecting us?
你在等我们吗
Of course.
当然
We get the newspapers in here, Detective.
我们这能看到报纸,警探
Oh... wait a minute.
等等
It's Captain now, isn't it?
现在应该称呼警监了,是吧
I read about last night's murders.
我读到了昨晚谋杀案的报道
I knew you'd come see me.
我知道你会来见我的
Then I'll cut right to the chase:
那我就开门见山了
What's the name of the guy you're working with?
你的共犯叫什么名字
I gave up anger a long time ago.
很久以前我就决定放下怒气了
It was one of the only rational responses
这是对我生活遭遇的荒谬境遇
to the irrational situation my life had become.
唯一的理性回应
But you, standing there, accusing me...
但你,站在那儿,指控我
I think that's the perfect test for my progress, isn't it?
这可真是对我修行的完美考验
What, exactly, do you have to be angry about?
到底有什么让你生气的
As we both well know, I'm an innocent man.
我们都很清楚,我是无辜的
I spent years thinking about how to prove it,
我花了数年的心血来思考要怎么证明
and when I finally gave up the quest,
而当我最终打算放弃时
the world decided to prove it for me.
事实却决定为我正名了
It's like the man says:
就像有人说的
"The strongest of all warriors are these two:
"最强大的战士有二:
Time and Patience."
时间和耐心"
Tolstoy's "War and Peace".
托尔斯泰的《战争与和平》
Your file says you were
你的资料上说
functionally illiterate when you confessed to the murders.
你认罪的时候是几乎是个文盲
I had plenty of raw intelligence.
我天资聪慧
What I didn't have were parents or a school system
可惜没有负责的家长
that gave a damn about me.
或是教育体制在乎我
And my confession, well, I gave that
我之所以认罪
after my legal aid lawyer convinced me
是因为我的法律援助律师告诉我
it was the only way of avoiding a guaranteed life sentence.
只有这样才能避免被判终生监禁
He wouldn't take the time to prove my alibi.
他甚至懒得花时间证实我的不在场证明
Carla Figueroa? Please.
卡拉·菲格罗阿吗,得了吧
She recanted the second we asked her
我们一让她发布正式声明
to make an official statement.
她就立刻翻供了
Well, of course she did! Carla was married!
她当然要这么做,卡拉已经结婚了
If she admitted she was with me during the murders, well,
要是她承认在谋杀案的时候和我在一起
that would be the end of that, wouldn't it?
那她的婚姻也到头了,不是吗
We found your fingerprints at the scene
我们在99年第三起谋杀案的现场
of the third murders in '99, remember?
发现了你的指纹,记得吗
You mean you put my prints
是你们把我的指纹
at the scene of the third murders in 1999.
放到了1999年第三起谋杀案的现场
You and I both know that evidence was planted.
你我都心知肚明那证据是伪造的
Worked out pretty well for you, didn't it, Captain?
那可帮了你大忙,不是吗,警监
I'm not even going to respond to that.
我都懒得回应你的话
The next time you and I speak to each other,
我们之间的下一次对话
we'll be standing on the courthouse eps,
将是在我洗清身上的每一项罪名后
after I'm exonerated of every charge against me.
在法庭上和你对薄公堂
I know he values his privacy,
我知道他很看重他的隐私
but there are some things that Sherlock needs to deal with,
但夏洛克如果真想康复
if he really wants to get better.
有些事他就必须面对
Are there?
是吗
Can you just tell me...
能不能告诉我
did he ever mention a woman named Irene?
他有没有提过一个叫艾琳的女人
Can't say he did.
他没提过
Thank you very much for your time.
谢谢你抽出时间跟我聊天
The name does sound familiar, though.
不过这名字的确很耳熟
He left some things behind... personal stuff.
他留下了一些东西,一些私人物件
I held onto it all, just in case he ever came back for it.
我都留着,以防他要取回它们
Maybe you can give these back to him.
或许你能让它们物归原主
1020 31st Avenue, Astoria, Queens.
皇后区,阿斯托利亚,第31大道, 1020号
You want to tell me why we're here?
能透漏下我们为什么来这儿吗
Last known address of Carla Figueroa.
这是卡拉·菲格罗阿最后为人所知的地址
I thought we could have a quick word with her,
我想我们能和她聊几句
see if there's anything to the notion
看看事情是否另有隐情
that she recanted Wade Crewes's alibi
看她是否真为了挽救婚姻
to save her marriage.
而推翻了韦德·克鲁斯的不在场证明
I'm just being thorough.
我只想调查的彻底些
Go right ahead.I'm just telling you,
请便,不过提醒你
I'm not gonna be here when you get back.
我不会等你回来的
Why are you so unwilling to even consider the possibility
你为什么都不愿意考虑一下
that Crewes is innocent?
克鲁斯是清白的可能性
Is it pride?
是自尊心作祟吗
Because I worked the case, you didn't.
因为当年是我在办案,而你没有
That's precisely why my input is so valuable.
所以我作为旁观者的意见才更有价值啊
We put Crewes away on good evidence.
我们凭有力的证据抓了克鲁斯入狱
His fingerprints were all over a mug that got broken,
他在杀最后两名受害者时
while he was killing his last two victims.
在破碎的马克杯上留下了指纹
The same mug that he accused you of planting.
就是他坚称是你们伪造的那个杯子
Now, when he said that,
是这样,他说那些话时
you swallowed twice before responding,
你在回答之前咽了两下口水
like you were trying to clear your throat, hmm?
你想清清嗓,对吗
And when you did answer him,
而当你回答他时
your vocal intonation was markedly different.
你的语调明显不一样了
Now, if I wasn't watching you,
如果那人不是你
someone I have the highest respect for,
那个我所尊敬的你
I would think that that was the response of someone
我会认为那是有人想隐瞒某件事时
with something to hide.
所做出的反应
It sounds like you think that anyway.
看来你本来就那么想了
My dad's gonna go ape
我爸爸会发飙的
when he sees you guys parked in our driveway.
如果他看到你们把车停在我家车道的话
Just saying.
提醒下而已
We're not going to leave the car here,
我们并不打算在这停车
we're with the police.
我们在执行公务
We need to speak with Carla Figueroa.
我们想找卡拉·菲格罗阿谈谈
Uh, my mom died four years ago.
我妈妈四年前去世了
Leukemia.
死于白血病
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that.
很遗憾听到这个消息
My dad's inside, if you want to talk to him.
我爸爸在里面,如果你们想找他谈的话
No, no, no. It had to be her.
不用了,必须是她本人
Uh... thanks.
多谢了
Sorry to bother you.
很抱歉打扰你
Well, if she was lying,
如果她当时撒了谎
her secret died with her.
那她的秘密也随之入土了
She wasn't lying.
她没有撒谎
Oh, Wade Crewes, he put on a good show.
韦德·克鲁斯,他演了出好戏
Oh, I'll give him that.
我不得不承认
But if you really want to know why I won't waste time
但如果你真想知道我为什么不愿浪费时间
trying to find out if Wade Crewes is innocent,
调查韦德·克鲁斯是否无罪
watch the tapes.
看看录像带便知
He held his tongue,
他保持沉默
but he couldn't help gloating about it.
却掩饰不住幸灾乐祸的样子
That's the real Wade Crewes.
那才是真正的韦德·克鲁斯
You were dressed like a house painter.
你当时穿的像个油漆工
Eh, doesn't ring a bell.
想不起来了
Maybe I should take a look at those crime scene photos again.
或许再看看犯罪现场的照片
Might jar my memory.
能让我想起来
Surprised I didn't see you today, Watson.
奇了怪了,我今天竟然没见你,华生
I sent you a text with my exact location every two hours.
每隔两小时我都给你发一条我的方位
I was busy.
我在忙
I left some urine in your room.
我把尿样放你房间了
Tell me it's in a cup.
别告诉我你没用杯子装
Today is April 3, 1999,
今天是1999年4月3日
and the time is 22:00 hours.
时间是晚上十点
I'm interviewing Wade Crewes
我在审问韦德·克鲁斯
in connection with the deaths of David and Lyla Dawson.
他与大卫和莱拉·道森的死有关
So, where do we start?
我们从哪开始说
How about with the fact
那就说说你
that you used to deliver pizzas to the Dawsons
以前工作的时候
back when you were holding down a job?
曾给道森家送披萨的事吧
Is that how you scouted them out?
你就是这样盯上他们的吗
Black, just like you asked for.
纯咖啡,你要求的
Cheers.
干杯
We're putting our differences aside. Come downstairs.
我们先休战吧,跟我下楼
If you need my help, you know I'm game,
如果你需要我的帮助,我愿意
but if this is some sort of prank...
但如果是某种恶作剧
Watson, I think I've learned something, and if I'm right,
华生,我发现了些东西,如果我没错
it is bigger than any dispute between you and me.
这比咱俩之间的争吵重要多了
It has a moral component.
和道德良知有关
You're good with that sort of thing.
你很擅长这方面的事
In the first interrogation of Wade Crewes,
在韦德·克鲁斯的第一轮审讯中
they served him his coffee in a disposable cup.
他们给了他一杯咖啡,用的一次性杯子
In the second interrogation,
在第二轮审讯中
they served it to him in that mug.
他们给了他用马克杯盛着的咖啡
Black with a white stripe around the rim.
黑色,边缘有白色条纹
The second interrogation took place
第二轮审讯发生在
shortly after the second pair of murders.
第二起谋杀案后不久
At the third crime scene, they found physical evidence
在第三个犯罪现场,他们找到了
that implicated Wade Crewes.
与韦德·克鲁斯有牵连的物证
A fingerprint on a shattered mug.
是一个碎马克杯上的指纹
Black with a white stripe around the rim.
黑色,边缘有白色条纹
My God, it's the same mug.
天呐,这是同一个杯子
The evidence was planted,
物证是被伪造的
and it was Captain Gregson who gave him that mug.
给他杯子的人,是格雷森警监
I've been struggling with something.
我一直在纠结一件事
Oh, good morning to you, too.
你也早上好
Why did you tell me to look at the tape?
为什么你要让我看录像带
Did you honestly think I wouldn't notice?
你真以为我会注意不到吗
The mug.
那个马克杯
The one that you handed to Wade Crewes
你在第二轮审问中
during your second interrogation of him.
递给韦德·克鲁斯的那个杯子
It's the same one that your men
跟你的手下们
found at the third crime scene.
在第三犯罪现场找到的那个一模一样
I want you to understand,
你要明白
I take no pleasure in pursuing this line of inquiry,
我对案件线索调查毫无兴趣
but I am obliged to pursue the facts,
但我有责任追寻真相
and the facts are you and Detective D'Amico
真相就是
had possession of that mug before it showed up
那杯子出现在第三犯罪现场前
at the third crime scene.
是在你和埃美柯警探那里的
As I said yesterday, I have the utmost respect for you.
正如我昨天所说,我十分尊重您
If evidence was planted,
如果证据是被伪造的
I'm sure it was the result of frustration.
我相信是出于无奈
A mistake that the perpetrator or perpetrators
这证据无疑是真正的罪犯,或是罪犯们
would no doubt wish to take back
想要取回的
especially now that it seems possible
尤其是现在,看起来很可能
that Mr. Crewes may well be innocent.
克鲁斯先生是无辜的
I don't want to...
我不想...
You know that I will find out the truth
你知道我会找出真相
and the truth may well be... just compromising.
还有一切来龙去脉,你就妥协吧
Every cop gets offered a few perks.
每个警察都有额外津贴
Free lunch here, gym membership there.
有免费的午餐,成为健身会员
I never took a single one,
我从不贪这些便宜
and I sure as hell never planted evidence.
我也绝不可能去伪造证据
Well, then, could you or your former partner
那么,你或者你以前的搭档
please explain to me how that mug
能给我解释一下
showed up at the crime scene?
那个杯子为什么会在犯罪现场吗
How'd it go?
怎么样
Captain Gregson got the warning he deserved.
格雷森警监收到了应得的警告
Now to solve the case.
现在该破案了
Hold on, I... I've got something for you.
等一下,我有点东西要给你
You've been to Hemdale.
你去了汉德尔
Edson saved them for you.
埃德森帮你留着这些
And were they everything that you hoped, hmm?
这不就是你想要的吗
Do you understand me now?
你现在了解我了吗
I didn't read them.
我没有看这些信
I was tempted.
我非常想看
They're from Irene; how could I not be?
是艾琳写给你的,我怎么会不想
But whatever happened, this is not
但无论如何,我不希望
how I want to find out about it.
用这种方式了解这事
A show of restraint. When...
自控力的表现, 等你...
If you are ready to talk about it,
如果你准备好来谈这件事
I'd very much like to know,
我很愿意知道
but I'm not going to ask you about it anymore.
但我不会再追问你了
I just thought you might want these.
我只是觉得你可能想要它们
Indeed I do.
我的确想要
Thank you, Watson.
谢谢你,华生
Hey, what are you doing?
喂,你干嘛啊
I left those at Hemdale because I didn't want them.
我把它们留在汉德尔是因为我不想要了
I don't understand. Aren't those important?
这我就不懂了,这些东西不重要吗
Remember your promise: no further discussion
记住你的承诺,在我主动提起之前
of this matter until I bring it up.
不要再追问了
Fine. Fine.
好吧,好吧
You mentioned something about a case that needs solving?
你刚才说有个案子要破的
This is Victor Nardin.
这是维克多·纳丁
He was an early suspect in the '99 home invasions.
他是99年入室抢劫案最初的嫌犯
He's been in prison for the last 12 years,
过去12年他都被关在牢里
which could explain why the home invasions miraculously stopped.
正因如此,入室抢劫也奇迹般地停止了
He was released three weeks ago,
三周前,他出狱了
which could explain why they've resumed.
入室抢劫案便又开始发生了
How are the police not looking for this guy?
警察怎么没有追查这家伙
They are; they just can't find him.
他们有查,只是找不到他
Nardin left his group home on Staten Island two weeks ago
纳丁两周前离开了他在斯塔顿岛的教养院
and has not checked in with his parole officer.
却没有跟他的假释官报备
Those letters are Cyrillic.
这些是斯拉夫字母
Is he in a gang or something?
他在混黑帮还是什么
No, rabid football fan.
不,是狂热的足球迷
The tattoos are the names
这些纹身是一些著名球员的名字
and jersey numbers of famous players
和球衣号码
from Terek Grozny.
都来自格罗兹尼特里克联队
It is Chechnya's premier football club.
是车臣的顶级足球俱乐部
And how are they gonna help us find Victor Nardin?
这能怎么帮我们找到维克多·纳丁
I believe they already have.
我相信已经找到了
Nardin has spent a decade in prison,
纳丁在监狱里待了十多年
bereft of his favorite obsession.
在这期间他被剥夺了最热爱的东西
Wherever he is, he will want to watch his beloved team.
不管他在哪,都会想看这个球队的比赛
There aren't that many bars in New York
在纽约,有卫星信号
that have a satellite feed of Chechen football.
能收看车臣足球赛的酒吧没几个
Three, actually.
一共三个
All of them in Brighton Beach.
全都在布莱顿海滩
All of them within walking distance of Mayweather Hotel.
而且距离梅威瑟旅馆都很近
"Rooms by the hour,
"可按小时,周或月租房
week or month. Cash only."
仅接受现金"
Yeah. I got a delivery
我有一份包裹
for one of your guests. I need a room number.
要给你们的一位住客,我需要房间号码
Victor Nardin.
他叫维克多·纳丁
No Nardin?
没有姓纳丁的
Hold... hold on.
等,等一下
Oh, no, no.
不,不
I got the wrong name.
我说错了
Victor Jones.
应该是维克多·琼斯
282. Thank you.
282号房间,谢谢你
What gives?
怎么了
Tommy, we can't just talk at the precinct?
汤米,我们不能就在辖区里谈吗
Not about this.
这事不行
You planted that mug, didn't you?
是你把杯子放到现场的,对不对
Yeah.
一定是
We knew it was him, but we couldn't nail him.
我们知道是他干的,但没证据给他定罪
So, after the second time you brought him in,
于是第二次抓他来局里后
you kept that mug
你把杯子留下了
just in case.
以防万一
Good to have a trump card, huh?
手里有张王牌多保险,对吧
I always assumed you knew that.
我一直以为你是知道的
I knew it was convenient,
我只觉得事情太容易了
piece of evidence to turn up like that.
关键证物就这么出现了
I chalked it up to our good fortune
我以为是我们走运了
because I thought we had our guy. We did.
因为我以为他就是凶手, 这没错
Well, I was a lot more sure about that then than I am now.
我现在可没有之前那么肯定了
'Cause somebody is out there killing people
因为现在有人
with the same murder weapon, Terry.
正用同样的凶器在杀人,特瑞
What if we were wrong?
要是我们抓错了人怎么办
If that were true... and that is still a big "If" as far as I'm concerned...
就算我们错了,注意,是"就算"
there are ways around that.
事情还是可以解决的
Whoa, I'm not here to plan a cover-up.
等等,我可不是来想办法掩盖事实的
If we put an innocent man in jail,
如果我们把无辜的人送进了监狱
I'm not keeping quiet about it.
我不会保持缄默的
All right, let's just forget
好吧,暂且不说
about the fact that I could go to jail.
我可能因此而坐牢
You worked that task force in '99.
99年你也参与了这件案子
How do you think that's going to play for your career?
你觉得这事对你的前途会有什么影响
I'll be done; doesn't matter.
我就玩完了,但我不在乎
If I let this happen on my watch,
如果这事是在我眼皮底下发生的
I'm owning up to it.
这就是我的责任
Fair warning, partner.
我已经警告过你了,搭档
Mr. Jones?
琼斯先生
Mr. Jones, you have a message
琼斯先生,前台有
from the front desk.
一则给你的留言
He's not here.
他不在里面
If I lived here, I wouldn't be here, either.
要是我住这里,我也不会这么待着
Um, should I ask why we're not calling the police?
我该问你为什么不叫警察吗
I found the man.
是我找到了这家伙
I just... I just want to have a look around.
我只是想随便看看
I don't believe it,
真是难以置信
but this place smells worse than the outside.
这里居然比外头更难闻
Stale cigarette smoke,
走味的香烟
cheap cologne,
廉价的古龙水
a whiff of existential despair.
还有着一丝绝望
This floor is sticky.
这地板黏黏的
Evidently, Mr. Nardin has a drinking problem.
显然,纳丁先生喝东西有困难
He spills his orange juice.
他把橙汁弄洒了
What?
怎么了
The carpet has come loose from the floorboards here.
地毯从这里的地板开始松动
It hasn't come loose from age.
不是因为年久而松动的
Someone has pried this up.
是有人把它撬起来的
Just a minute.
等一下
Captain.
警监
I need you right away. It's happened again.
我需要你马上过来,又发生了凶案
A triple this time.
这次死了三个人
Neighbor spotted the body through a window.
邻居从窗户看到了尸体
I'll be right there.
我马上就过去
And, Captain,
还有,警监
I think I might be able to tell you
我想我能够告诉你
where the murder weapon is.
凶器在哪里了
The homeowners were Michael and Elizabeth Willis.
屋主是迈克和伊丽莎白·威利斯
Everything about their deaths
他们遇害的情况
is consistent with the others.
与之前的死者完全一致
And the third body?
另一位死者呢
Houseguest, Garret Ames.
来访的客人,盖瑞特·艾姆斯
I don't think the attacker knew he was here.
我觉得凶手并不知道他也在这里
After the Willises were shot,
威利斯夫妇被枪杀后
there was a struggle here,
在这里有过一阵挣扎
and Ames was trying to get away.
艾姆斯尝试逃跑
Almost made it, too.
差点就成功了
Killer shot him from right here.
凶手就是从这里对他开的枪
Add another three to the tally.
又有三人在他手下丧生了
That's all right, Captain.
没关系的,警监
I know this is difficult.
我知道这很艰难
Well, at least CSU gave us some evidence.
还好鉴证科有线索
They picked up some cigarette butts
他们在街对面
from across the street.
发现了些烟头
Neighbors saw someone smoking.
有邻居看到了抽烟的人
They're checking the place out.
他们正在那里盘查
Hopefully we'll be able to harvest some DNA.
希望烟头上会留下DNA
We put a BOLO out for Victor Nardin,
缉拿维克多·纳丁的全境通告已经发出去了
and we got a warrant for his hotel room.
他旅馆房间的搜查令也拿到了
If the gun you saw is the murder weapon,
如果你看到的枪就是凶器
it's beginning
那这案子
to look like an open-and-shut case.
也就明朗了
What is it?
怎么了
You said the killer
你刚才说凶手
shot the houseguest from here. Yeah?
是在这里对客人开枪的,对吗
Yeah.
Listen, I know you got your theories about what happened,
听着,我知道你对案子有自己的想法
but I just want you to know
但我只想让你知道
that if Wade Crewes is innocent,
如果韦德·克鲁斯是无辜的
I'm not going to hide from that.
我不会有任何隐瞒
Yeah. Sorry, Captain, could you just
行,不好意思,警监
give me a minute?
你能等会儿吗
I'm trying to tell you something important here.
我在跟你说正经的呢
Yes, but I wouldn't fall on my sword just yet.
知道,但现在还不到下定论的时候
Gregson.
格雷森
Really?
真的吗
Yeah?
Okay, yeah.
好的,行
That was Bell.
是贝尔
Nardin returned to his hotel room.
纳丁回旅馆了
We've got him in custody.
我们抓到他了
Excellent.
干得好
That should make it easier to confirm that he didn't do this.
这下就能肯定他不是凶手了
I didn't kill those people, okay?
我没杀那些人,好吗
Victor Nardin, think fast.
维克多·纳丁,机灵点儿
What are you doing?
你搞什么啊
This man is innocent.
这人是无辜的
Detective Bell, a word, if you please?
贝尔警探,能出来一下吗
Why'd he hit me?
他干嘛打我
Hey, stay right there.
呆着别动
Wait, wait, wait. You assault our perp with an orange?
等等,你用橘子袭击了嫌疑人
And that somehow has you convinced he's innocent?
所以你就证明了他是无辜的
I was testing a hypothesis I began to form
维克多·纳丁的旅馆房间让我有了想法
back in Victor Nardin's hotel room.
我刚才是在验证我的假设
It was odd.
那房间很怪
Everything was out of alignment.
所有东西的摆放都不对劲
All his toiletries lined up
所有的厕所用品
on the left-hand side.
都在左手边一字排开
The same was true of his bedside table, his desk.
这样布置的还有他的床头桌,书桌
So he favors his left side. Big deal.
所以他喜欢把东西放左边,不行吗
Agreed. Out of context, it's an utterly mundane detail.
我同意,这有些断章取义,小题大做了
But there were these distinctive blue marks
但是,在纳丁床上方的天花板上
on the ceiling above Nardin's bed.
却有些很特别的蓝印子
The kind of marks
那样的印子是
a racquetball might make
有人朝天花板上
if it was thrown repeatedly upwards.
反复扔壁球会留下的
It's a common exercise to strengthen depth perception.
这种练习一般是用来加强人的深度知觉的
The kind of thing that you might do
做这种练习的人
if you were... Monocular.
很可能是... 独眼的
You're saying that he was blind in one eye?
你是说他有一只眼是瞎的
In his right eye.
是他的右眼
He's learning depth perception.
他在培养深度知觉
The man can hardly even pour his orange juice accurately,
这人连给自己倒杯橘子汁都难
let alone hit a moving target at 20 feet...
更别说在20英尺开外打中移动的目标了
If he's right, it would be hard to pull off.
如果他是对的,纳丁确实很难作案
...in the dark,
当时一片漆黑
with adrenaline coursing through your system after a fight,
打斗后肾上腺素游走全身
I'd say it was impossible.
我会说是全无作案可能
But... we've got evidence.
但是... 我们有证据
The murder weapon, the cigarettes...
凶器,烟头...
The cigarettes were planted, obviously.
显然烟头是被故意放在那儿的
You're standing on a street and you want to put out a cigarette,
如果是你站在大街上想灭烟头
how do you do it? You drop it on the floor.
你会怎么做,肯然是扔地上
You stand on it. You flatten it.
然后把烟踩灭了
The cigarettes that we found at the crime scene
在犯罪现场找到的香烟
had been ground out.
是被碾灭的
Victor Nardin put them out in an ashtray.
那些是维克多·纳丁在烟灰缸里碾灭的
Someone took them from his hotel room,
有人从他的房间里拿走了烟头
transported them to the crime scene,
把它们放到了犯罪现场
and they put the gun beneath the floorboards before they left.
同时也把枪放在了他房间的地板下
Oh, so now Nardin's been framed, too.
所以纳丁也是被栽赃陷害的
I think that's a fair question.
我觉得这是个值得挖下去的问题
The only obvious culprit
罪魁祸首应该是一个
would be the one man who stood to benefit
令让其他人被怀疑
from someone else being implicated in the crimes.
自己便能摆脱嫌疑的人
Wade Crewes, working in tandem with someone on the outside.
韦德·克鲁斯在和牢外的人伙同作案
Someone with whom he shared
这人和他一样
the location of the murder weapon,
知道藏凶器的地点
the details of the murders in '99.
了解99年谋杀案的细节
By law, he has access to his case files.
还可以依法看到克鲁斯的案件卷宗
He could see a list of suspects,
他能看到一串嫌疑人名单
pick a man to frame.
然后挑一个来陷害
You've spent the past 72 hours
你在过去的72个小时里
insisting Crewes is innocent.
都坚持认为克鲁斯是无罪的
I've been insisting that there's a connection.
我坚持的是案件之间有联系
And I'm right.
我是对的
The framing of Nardin is the final stroke
陷害纳丁
in a plan that leads to Wade Crewes walking free.
是韦德·克鲁斯脱罪计的最后一环
We've got five dead bodies.
已经有五个人被杀了
Who would be willing to do that for a guy like Crewes?
谁会甘愿为克鲁斯做这样的事呢
I have no idea.
我不知道
Then you've got nothing.
那你就是一无所获
Believe me, no one wants you to be right
相信我,没人比我更希望
about this more than me.
你是对的了
All you've done is scare up
你所做的
a bunch of circumstantial evidence
是把一堆间接证据拼凑了起来
that might or might not mean
但这些并不能完全说明
Nardin's been framed by Crewes' mystery partner.
纳丁真是被克鲁斯的神秘搭档陷害的
And if you're right,
如果你是对的
we better identify that partner fast,
那我们就要赶紧把那个搭档找出来
'cause if we don't,
否则
Nardin's going to eat these charges,
纳丁就会当替罪羊
and then Crewes walks.
而克鲁斯就会被释放了
"The police commissioner
"今天,警务处长
declined comment today on the possibility
对于两起入室行凶案
that a pair of violent home invasions
将证明臭名昭著的韦德·克鲁斯
may signal the innocence of the notorious Wade Crewes."
实为无辜的可能性,拒绝发表评论"
According to prison records,
监狱记录显示
Crewes hasn't had a visitor in years.
克鲁斯已经有几年没人探监了
He hasn't sent a letter, he hasn't received one.
他也没寄出或收到过信件
No phone calls, either.
也没打过电话
Maybe he's collaborating with an old cellmate?
也许是和他住过同一间牢房的人
Doubtful.
不大可能
Crewes's one and only cellmate is serving life without parole.
克鲁斯唯一的室友是无期徒刑而且不得假释
Whoever he's working with,
和他一起的这个人
he's willing to kill for him.
既然愿意为他杀人
This is no casual acquaintance.
那就不是一般的交情
So have we been over all of Crewes's relatives?
克鲁斯的亲属我们都查过了吗
Crewes was raised in group homes.
克鲁斯在教养院长大
He doesn't even know his own parents.
他连父母是谁都不知道
"You seem remarkably calm for someone
"你看起来非常平静
who claims to have spent 13 years in jail
对一个在牢里含冤服刑十三年的人来说
for crimes he didn't commit."
这很不可思议"
"Things are what they are,
"世间万事
and will be what they will be."
自有定数"
Oscar Wilde.
奥斯卡·王尔德
What?
什么
Crewes is quoting Oscar Wilde.
克鲁斯在引用奥斯卡·王尔德的话
When he went to prison, he was illiterate.
他在进监狱的时候还是个文盲
Now he quotes Wilde and Tolstoy.
现在却会引用王尔德和托尔斯泰的话
He's not just reading.
他不只是在阅读
He's reading at an advanced level.
他的阅读达到了一个很高的水平
Records.
档案
Someone must have taught him how to read.
肯定有人教他如何去阅读
There is no record of him taking any classes.
他没有任何上过课程的记录
Whoever taught him
不论是谁教他的
must have spent quite a bit of time with him.
肯定和他在一起待了很长时间
Lots of chats. Time to plan.
大量的交谈,花时间去计划
You just said he didn't take a class.
你刚说过他没有上过课
But he did have a job.
但是他有过工作
A couple of years ago,
几年前
he signed up to work at the prison library.
他曾报名到监狱图书馆工作
You think someone who worked there taught him how to read?
你认为是在那工作的某个人教会他阅读的
Maybe.
有可能
I seem to remember that the library at Sing Sing
我隐约记得新新监狱图书馆
was on the verge of being shut down a few years ago.
几年前曾濒临关闭
Yes. See?
没错,看见了吗
It only stayed open because a volunteer advocacy group
它能撑到现在是因为一个志愿者宣传小组
agreed to fund the library and keep it staffed.
同意资助图书馆并提供员工
"Literacy Initiative for All"-LIFA.
"普及读写教育" LIFA
I've seen those initials recently.
我最近看到过这些缩写
You know him?
你认识他
He's the son of Carla Figueroa.
他是卡拉·菲格罗阿的儿子
The woman Crewes had an affair with.
和克鲁斯有婚外情的女人
Sean Figueroa?
肖恩·菲格罗阿
Yeah.
是的
You're that guy.
你是那个人
From outside my house, right?
我家外面的那个,是吧
Yeah. Sherlock Holmes.
对,夏洛克·福尔摩斯
Consulting detective.
顾问侦探
This is Mr. Bell,
这位是贝尔先生
frequent beneficiary of said consultations.
经常受益于上述顾问
How can I help you?
有什么需要帮忙的
You ever wonder why you have such blue eyes, Sean?
你有没有想过为什么自己的眼睛这么蓝
You must have.
你肯定想过
Both of your parents are of Mexican descent,
你的父母都是墨西哥裔
yet there you are, eyes as blue as the fjords of Norway.
而你的眼睛却像挪威峡湾的水一样蓝
Why do you want to know about my eyes?
你为什么对我的眼睛这么感兴趣
Because that's what first led me to believe
因为那是让我相信
that Wade Crewes is your father.
韦德·克鲁斯是你父亲的第一条线索
I suppose I'm just wondering if
我想知道你是否
that's how you arrived at the same conclusion.
也是这样得出这个结论的
I don't know what you're talking about,
我不知道你在说什么
but I'm busy, so...
我现在很忙,所以
Your mother had a long-standing affair with Crewes.
你母亲和克鲁斯有着长期的婚外情
I suppose, when she fell pregnant with you,
我猜想当她怀了你
it was easy enough to pass you off as your father's son.
很容易就认为是你父亲的孩子
But, uh...
但是...
can't imagine she told you.
想来她应该不会告诉你
You did find out, though.
不过你确实知道了
Otherwise, you wouldn't have begun volunteering
否则你不会开始在他工作的
at the prison library, where he works.
监狱图书馆做志愿者
You can lie all you want, Sean.
随你怎么编,肖恩
It'll be easy enough to establish paternity.
要鉴定父子关系非常容易
Okay.
好吧
So what if he is my dad?
他是我爸爸又怎么了
How did you find out?
你是怎么发现的
My mom kept a diary.
我妈妈藏了一本日记
My dad didn't know where it was hidden, but I did.
我爸爸不知道藏在哪儿,但是我知道
After she died, I read the whole thing.
她死之后,我读完了那本日记
You must have been curious about your real father, yeah.
你肯定对自己的亲生父亲很好奇
The notorious killer.
臭名昭著的杀人犯
So you volunteered.
所以你当了志愿者
Probably just observed for a while,
也许先观察了一段时间
then you struck up a relationship.
然后就开始建立关系
At some point, you revealed the connection.
在某种情况下,你透漏了你们间的联系
And that's when Crewes went to work on you. Yeah?
于是克鲁斯就开始对你施加影响了,对吧
How long did it take him to seduce you?
他用了多久来怂恿你
How long did it take him
他用了多久
to talk you into killing on his behalf?
说服你代他杀人
I taught him how to read.
我教他阅读
That's how it started, yeah.
这是开始,是的
But there's more than a little bit
但是你父亲在你心中
of your father in you, isn't there, Sean?
十分重要,对不对,肖恩
Yeah.
是的
Enough for you to murder five people.
重要到能让你去谋杀五个人
You must know your father pretty well by now, hmm?
你现在对你父亲应该十分了解了吧
How do you think he's going to respond
你认为如果我的同事
when my colleagues approach him with a deal to reduce his sentence
提出以减刑换取他同伙的名字
in exchange for the name of his accomplice?
他会怎么回答
I'm done with this. How loyal do you think
我受够了, 你认为你父亲
your father's going to be
能有多忠诚
when you're next on the chopping block
当你就像砧板上的鱼,任人宰割
and he's got freedom at his fingertips?
而他轻而易举就能重获自由
Is he going to hesitate for even a second
他在说出你的名字之前
before he renounces you?
会有一丝犹豫吗
Will he visit you in prison?
他会去监狱里看望你吗
What are those?
这些是什么
Your trophies.
你的战利品
From each of the crime scenes in 1999.
分别来自1999年的每个犯罪现场
$1,000 shoes.
价值一千块的鞋子
Your son told us where you hid them.
你儿子告诉了我们你藏匿它们的地点
Same place you stashed that pistol.
和你藏手枪的地方一样
What are you talking about?
你在说些什么
I don't have a son.
我没有儿子
His name is Sean Figueroa,
他叫肖恩·菲格罗阿
and he has a quite compelling story.
他的故事很有说服力
Five new murders, Wade.
五起新的谋杀,韦德
Sean's going away,
肖恩不会有事
and you're getting five new conspiracy charges.
而你将面临五项新的串谋指控
No.
You-You framed me.
是你栽赃给我的
You bastard, you framed me.
你个混账,你陷害我
I'm only in here because of you! Hey, Crewes, that's enough.
是你陷害我入狱的, 克鲁斯,够了
You framed me, you bastard! Back in your cell.
你陷害我,王八蛋, 回你的牢房
You framed me. I'm innocent.
你陷害我,我是无辜的
Satisfying?
满意了
You have no idea.
超乎你的想象
I'm going to bed.
我要睡觉了
Good night.
晚安
She died.
她死了
Irene?
艾琳吗
We were quite close.
我们当时非常亲密
I did not take her passing well.
我不太能接受她的去世
Good night.
晚安

重点单词   查看全部解释    
observe [əb'zə:v]

想一想再看

v. 观察,遵守,注意到
v. 评论,庆

联想记忆
fingerprint ['fiŋgə.print]

想一想再看

n. 指纹,特点 vt. 取 ... 的指纹,鉴别特征

 
suspect [səs'pekt]

想一想再看

n. 嫌疑犯
adj. 令人怀疑的,不可信的<

联想记忆
conspiracy [kən'spirəsi]

想一想再看

n. 阴谋

联想记忆
despair [di'spɛə]

想一想再看

n. 绝望,失望
vi. 失望

联想记忆
innocent ['inəsnt]

想一想再看

adj. 清白的,无辜的,无害的,天真纯洁的,无知的

联想记忆
kitchen ['kitʃin]

想一想再看

n. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间

 
fortune ['fɔ:tʃən]

想一想再看

n. 财产,命运,运气

 
diary ['daiəri]

想一想再看

n. 日记,日记簿

 
basement ['beismənt]

想一想再看

n. 根基,地下室
n.(新英格兰)特别

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。