手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 纸牌屋 > 美剧纸牌屋第三季 > 正文

美剧纸牌屋第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第7集:他们只能耍嘴皮子

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Do you renew your commitment

你是否愿意再次确认
to this woman as your lawful wedded wife,
与这名女子结为合法夫妇的承诺
to love her, honor her, comfort her,
爱她,尊敬她,照顾她
keep her in sickness and in health,
无论罹病或安康
forsaking all others, be true to her,
心无二意,忠于她
as long as you both shall live?
直到生命尽头
I do.
我愿意
Do you renew your commitment to this man
你是否愿意再次确认
as your lawful wedded husband,
与这名男子结为合法夫妇的承诺
to love him, honor him, comfort him,
爱他,尊敬他,照顾他
keep him in sickness and in health,
无论罹病或安康
forsaking all others, be true to him,
心无二意,忠于他
as long as you both shall live?
直到生命尽头
I do.
我愿意
May this renewed commitment deepen your love for each other
愿这再次确认的承诺,能加深你们的爱情
and strengthen your eternal bond.
让你们的婚姻更加坚固,直到永远
Francis?
弗兰西斯
No photographs when they unload his body.
把尸体抬下去时不要拍照
Will you promise me that?
能答应我吗
A lot of people are calling you a hero.
很多人说你是英雄呢
A lot of people aren't.
也有很多人不这么看
Francis, I will get this peacekeeping resolution
弗兰西斯,我会让维和提案
passed through the General Assembly.
在联合国大会上通过的
I owe you that.
这是我欠你的
So we have the photograph tomorrow for the presidential portrait.
我们明天要为总统像拍照
It's what they're gonna base the painting on.
他们要靠这个画像
I'll be smiling. Will you?
我要笑,你呢
What are they doing?
他们干什么呢
Part of a... cultural exchange, sir, with Tibet.
是文化交流,跟西藏
They'll be here for a month.
他们会待一个月
A month?
一个月
Don't worry, your handwriting's atrocious.
别担心,你的字是鬼画符
Couldn't read a thing.
什么都看不懂
Tom. I know. Kate Baldwin.
汤姆, 我知道,凯特·鲍德温
I know.
我知道
Gold stars for us.
我们真不错
It only took two months
两个月
riding on the same plane to introduce ourselves.
同乘一架飞机,总算互相介绍了
Maybe I'm shy.
或许我就是害羞呢
Oh, no, you're not. You just don't mingle with the peasants.
才不是,你就是不屑于跟平头百姓打交道
If one of us is a peasant, I think it's me.
要说我们谁是平头百姓,那也是我
I'm sorry I can't stay here in Gaffney with you.
抱歉我不能留在加夫尼陪你
It's okay.
没事
I'll see you tomorrow.
我们明天见
Maybe tonight, if all goes well.
或许今晚就能见,如果顺利
Feeling optimistic?
觉得乐观吗
I made you a promise.
我给了你一个承诺
Well, go on. You have a plane waiting.
走吧,飞机等着你呢
Thank you.
谢谢
Tom.
汤姆
The Republicans are introducing a bill
共和党要引入一份
that amends the Stafford Act.
《斯塔福德法案》的修正案
They say that the siphoning of FEMA funds
他们说用联邦应急管理局的资金
for America Works violates the appropriation.
来资助美国就业法案有违拨款法规
So let them.
让他们去吧
It's got bipartisan support.
两党都支持此举
Dunbar's going to publicly support the bill.
邓巴会公开支持修正案
What about Jackie? She's trying to stay out of it,
杰姬呢, 她不想搅进去
but if it goes to a vote, she's gotta go with the tide.
但如果投票了,她只能随大流
We don't want her poll numbers
她的民调数字
to take a hit as she's starting to gain on Dunbar.
刚刚开始追上邓巴,不能这时受挫
If they pass the bill, I'll veto it.
如果他们通过修正案,我就否决
If they override, I'll refuse to enforce.
他们推翻,我就拒绝执行
By the time it gets to the Supreme Court,
等闹到最高法院
we'll have jobs to show,
我们已经可以拿出就业成果了
they'll have nothing but rhetoric.
他们只能耍嘴皮子
This is a public relations battle, not a legal one.
这是公关战,与法律无关
Statement?
发声明吗
Just what I just said, less combative.
就我说的,火药味儿轻点
So, how do we want to do this?
我们怎么拍
I think the First Lady should sit. You behind her.
我认为第一夫人应该坐着,您站在她身后
Does that work for you, Mrs. Underwood?
这样可以吗,安德伍德夫人
Uh, yes, whatever works best.
当然,效果好就行
Let me adjust the light for her, and then I'll place you, sir.
我先为夫人调灯光,然后给您找位置,先生
The African bloc just added
非洲集团给
a provision to the peacekeeping resolution.
维和提案加了一项条款
What does it say?
什么内容
Requires African command of the forces.
要求非洲指挥维和军队
It's a poison pill, Francis.
这要坏事,弗兰西斯
There's no way Israel or Palestine will get on board with that.
以色列和巴勒斯坦都不可能同意
You think the Russians are behind it?
你觉得是俄罗斯在指使吗
Probably. Cathy and I are investigating.
可能吧,凯茜和我还在调查
All right, Mr. President. Just behind your wife, please.
好了,总统先生,请站在您妻子身后
Do you prefer I not?
不要我放吗
What?
什么
Where you had your hand is perfect.
您放手的位置很好
Great. All right. Here we go.
很好,好了,拍了
A little more of a smile, please.
请再笑一点
Come in.
请进
Any luck today?
今天有进展吗
Moryakov... says it wasn't them.
莫里科夫,说不是他们
Not that I trust him.
我倒不怎么相信他
So now I just need to see if I can get Zimbabwe to talk.
现在我只能设法让津巴布韦开口了
Today, when we took the photo...
今天,我们拍照的时候
I touched your shoulder.
我碰了你的肩
Yes?
怎么了
You flinched.
你躲了一下
What? I felt it.
什么, 我感觉到了
No, I didn't.
没有啊
It was like...
就好像...
you recoiled.
你缩了一下
I think you're reading too much into something
我觉得你是想多了
that I don't think actually happened.
而且我觉得根本没这回事
All right. Forget I said anything.
好吧,当我没说过
Wait.
等等
I just...
我就是...
Never mind. I don't know what I was gonna say.
算了,我也不知道我是想说什么
Good night.
晚安
House must've been somewhere out there.
房子应该就在那边
Well, if you can call it a house.
如果能算得上是房子
It was no bigger than that truck.
不比那辆卡车大多少
Nothing left of the farm, which is for the best.
农场完全拆了,这倒也好
Peaches didn't want to grow here anyway.
桃树在这里都不结果
That's what you get for planting on land
在表土下两英尺就是石头的地上
with solid rock two feet below the topsoil.
种东西,还能有什么好结果
You know, that's one of the points
这事我们应该
that we should make in the book,
在书里提及
that hard work is only worth it in the right conditions.
在合适的环境里辛勤劳作才能有结果
We want to set people up for success.
我们想帮助大家成功
Vocational training, legitimate career paths.
职业培训,合理的职业道路
Welcome back. How was Gaffney?
欢迎回来,加夫尼怎么样
Do we have a time set for Ambassador Caspi yet?
我们跟卡斯皮大师安排时间了吗
Her office is stalling.
她办公室那边在拖
Get her schedule. We'll go wherever she is.
跟她约好,她在哪方便见面都行
I think she'll be at the cocktail reception tonight
她应该会参加今晚的鸡尾酒会
at the Mexican Consulate. I'll call and find out.
在墨西哥领事馆, 我去打电话确认
What's that?
那是什么
It came in for you this morning.
今早寄来给你的
Francis?
弗兰西斯吗
John Pasternak. Michael Corrigan's husband.
约翰·帕斯特纳克,迈克尔·科里根的丈夫
The latest pile of interview requests is on your desk,
最新的采访请求放在你桌上了
most of them Corrigan related.
大都跟科里根事件有关
And GLAAD wants you to be a keynote speaker
反歧视同性恋联盟希望你去他们的
at their Media Awards Ceremony.
媒体颁奖典礼做主讲人
How did he know?
他怎么知道的
About your vows? It's been in the news.
你的誓言吗,新闻上有
No, that I liked tulips.
不是,我喜欢郁金香的事
Did your mother work?
你母亲工作吗
As a maid, mostly.
主要是做女仆
In high demand, because she was white.
她挺受欢迎,因为她是白人
People assumed she wouldn't steal any valuables,
大家认定她不会偷贵重东西
but of course she did.
但她当然还是偷了
I remember one night, she came home with two sapphire earrings.
我记得有一晚,她回家时拿着两枚蓝宝石耳环
She took them to the pawn shop in Spartanburg the next day,
第二天她拿去了斯帕坦堡的当铺
but she wore them all night long, even slept in them.
但前一晚她戴了一整晚,睡觉也没摘
I guess she wanted to know
她大概是想知道
what it felt like to have real jewelry,
戴真珠宝是什么感觉
even if it was just for a few hours.
哪怕只是几小时
That does not go in the book.
这可别写进书里
Why didn't your parents have any more kids?
你父母怎么不多生几个孩子
That's not relevant to what we're doing.
这跟我们的话题无关
I'm just trying to get a sense of your family.
我只是想了解你的家庭
The barn must've been somewhere right over there.
谷仓应该就在那边
My father used to escape in there to get away from us.
我父亲以前会躲进谷仓避开我们
Usually brought a bottle with him.
一般还带一瓶酒进去
Did you love your father?
你爱你父亲吗
He was a good man, down deep.
他内心深处是个好人
He cared for us greatly.
他十分爱我们
Worked hard to put food on the table.
努力工作,供养家庭
Didn't always succeed, but that wasn't for a lack of trying.
并不能总能做到,但并非他不努力
See... that's not an answer.
瞧,这不是回答
I asked you if you loved your father, you don't tell me.
我问你你是否爱你父亲,你却不说
You tell me what you want me to write.
你只说你希望我写的东西
Which is what you've done since the beginning.
你从一开始就是这样
It's time to start telling the truth.
你该开始说实话了
You think I've been lying? I know you have.
你觉得我一直在撒谎吗, 我确定
The only time you haven't is that one night in the White House.
你唯一没撒谎的一次,是在白宫那一晚
The worst adventure I've ever been on. I can promise you...
我经历的最糟的一次历险,我告诉你们
I don't get it. The game is unwinnable.
我不明白, 这游戏赢不了
What is the point? That is the point.
那有什么意义, 意义就在这里
I find it unlikely that
我认为我们
we'll ever progress by starting over and over again.
如果反复重新开始,是不可能进步的
But it's got to be better than this. Oh, God.
但总得比这强, 天呐
Okay, let's give it a shot. Why not?
我们试试吧,何不呢
Something was very clear. It just started over again.
有件事很明确, 又重启了
It keeps doing that over and over.
总是一遍遍重启
Ignore his instructions, he sends you back.
你无视他的指示,他就让你从头开始
What if I follow his instructions?
如果我遵照指示呢
Chaos takes over. Randomness.
混乱一片,完全随机
It's impossible to follow the rules.
根本无法遵从规则
Another time. It's too much like my real life.
下次吧,这太接近我的真实生活了
Besides, we shouldn't be playing games.
再说,我们不该玩游戏
You should be asking me questions.
你应该向我提问
You're getting me drunk.
你要把我灌醉了
I won't remember what I asked.
我肯定要记不住我问了什么了
The last time I got this drunk, I broke into a library.
我上次喝得这么醉,我闯进了一座图书馆
In Charleston, my alma mater.
在查尔斯顿,我母校
The Sentinel.
桑蒂诺
I almost puked all over myself.
我差点吐在自己身上
That's Chapter Eight: "POTUS Blows Chunks."
第八章,《总统大吐》
Can you keep it down, please?
能小点声吗
Come join us. So sorry.
一起来嘛, 抱歉
I was asleep. Oh. We'll...
我都睡了, 这样啊...
We'll move into the study. Thank you.
我们去书房, 谢谢
Francis?
弗兰西斯
I'll be right there in a minute.
我就去
I don't like him being up here.
我不喜欢让他来这里
We'll be more quiet.
我们会小点声的
This is our private space.
这是我们私人的空间
He's my guest. He's a stranger.
他是我的客人, 他是个陌生人
All right. After tonight, no more.
好吧,今晚之后,再不请他来了
I'm not being unreasonable.
我不是不讲理
I should've...
我该...
realized how much noise we were making.
意识到我们是多吵
Can I ask you a question?
能问你个问题吗
Well, that's what you're here for, isn't it?
你不就是来问问题的吗
Why don't you sleep in the same room?
你们怎么不睡一个屋
Uh, that just sorta happened over...
我们搬过来
a few months after we moved in here.
几个月后,就开始了
Everything okay?
一切都还好吗
Between you two?
你俩之间
Oh, you bet.
当然
Well, it's been better.
虽然不算最好的时候
No, it's not okay.
不,不太好
The fight. Coming back from Moscow.
你俩从莫斯科回程时的争执
You heard us?
你听到了
The yelling. Not what you said.
只听到吵嚷声,听不清话
We don't fight often, but, uh...
我们不怎么吵架
This one...
但这一次
scabs keep coming off.
总是揭旧伤疤
We said things.
我们说了些过分的话
Things you just can't take back.
无法收回的话
It's late. We should call it a night.
很晚了,我们到此为止吧
Thomas.
托马斯
I have no interest in salaciousness.
我对低俗内容没兴趣
August fourteenth is the anniversary of the New Deal.
8月14日是罗斯福新政的纪念日
I'd like to hit 20,000 by that date.
届时要达到两万
I believe we can do that, sir.
应该没问题,先生
Remy, what's the timeline
雷米,参议院用来挑战
on the Senate bill outlawing FEMA funds?
联邦应急管理局拨款合法性的修正案的进度如何
The Leg office predicts the Senate version
立法办公室预测参议院法案
will pass in two to three weeks.
将在两三周内通过
Working with friendlies in the House.
我们在跟国会内的盟友想办法
Throw some pork on it, slow it down.
搞点破坏,拖慢进度
That's all the more reason that we need to accelerate.
所以我们更该加速进展了
If I'm gonna veto this bill,
如果我要否决这项法案
I want it to be because it's gonna kill 50,000 new jobs.
一定要拿阻碍五万人就业为理由
Jobs that we created. Yes, sir.
我们创造的就业机会, 是,先生
Cathy?
凯茜
The Russians remain intransigent on the Jordan Valley.
俄罗斯在约旦河谷问题是仍不肯妥协
The ambassador is working hard
大使在努力
to push the peacekeeping resolution to a vote
推动联合国大会就
by the General Assembly. Why the delay?
维和提案投票, 为什么延迟了
We're having a hard time getting the African bloc
我们无法说服非洲集团
to remove the poison pill provision.
去掉坏事的条款
We think Israel's behind it. They got cold feet,
我们认为是以色列搞的鬼,他们临阵怯场
convinced the African bloc
便让非洲集团
to sabotage the resolution so they have an out.
破坏提案进程,他们好下台
Do I need to speak to the Prime Minister?
要我去跟总理谈谈吗
Uh, the Israeli ambassador has already denied.
以色列大使已经否认了
I think we need to keep our focus on the provision itself.
我觉得我们该专注于条款本身
All right.
好吧
The head of the African bloc is Zimbabwe.
非洲集团的首领是津巴布韦
And we believe Israel has promised
我们认为以色列保证
them a sizable aid package for HIV prevention.
给他们一个价值可观的艾滋防治援助项目
The Secretary and I recommend
国务卿和我建议
increasing our relief funds to Zimbabwe.
提高我们给津巴布韦的救济金
Outspend the Israelis.
超过以色列人
Well, President Chimbetu will just pocket the money.
金培图总统只会把钱中饱私囊
Well, we always anticipate a certain level of graft.
我们早预计会遇到一定程度的腐败
A certain level? He's egregious. The man's a monster.
一定程度,他是个贪婪透顶的恶魔
Who happens to run the African bloc.
可他是非洲集团的首领
Who happens to kill his people when he's not stealing from them,
他是个要么屠杀人民,要么盗取他们财产的人
which is why I reduced aid to Zimbabwe.
所以我才缩减了对津巴布韦的救济
If we want him to remove the amendment, we have to be persuasive.
如果我们想让他撤销条款,我们就得有点筹码
We are scraping together every penny we can to save AmWorks.
我们已经在为美就法想方设法凑钱了
The last thing I want
我最不需要的
is to be slammed for giving additional money
就是因为从国际开发署拨款给
to a brutal dictator from USAID
一个我想讨好的残忍独裁者
just to persuade him. This is illconceived.
而遭到抨击,这想法太糟了
You should think before you bring a proposal such as this.
你提出这样的提议之前该三思
We'll pursue other strategies and get back to you, Mr. President.
我们会考虑其他策略,再给您答复,总统先生
Thank you. Robert, what's the latest on the omnibus?
谢谢,罗伯特,福利改革怎么样了
Sir, the legislation should go
先生,法案再过
to the floor in the next couple of months.
两个月应该就能投票了
The leadership is pushing...
领导层有反对...
Set up calls with both Lockheed and Northrop.
联系洛克希德和诺斯罗普(均为军工企业)
We'll pay people to get trained and call it a job.
我们付钱让人接受培训,当做是工作
It isn't a job unless the union says it is.
是不是工作工会说了算
Well, one step at a time.
一步步来嘛
You set up the training and I'll speak to the AFL.
你安排培训,我去找劳工联合会谈
Are the AARP here?
退休者协会的人来了吗
In the lobby. The chairman told me they want to support Dunbar.
在大堂,主席说他们要支持邓巴
They're just trying to rattle us.
他们只是想敲打我们
Dunbar is promising to save Social Security.
邓巴保证要挽救社会保险
Go after Wall Street and
从华尔街和
government waste instead of entitlements.
政府浪费挤钱,而不是福利
Well, get them in here.
叫他们进来
You have your call list.
这是打电话名单
Their meeting's not for another ten minutes.
他们的会面还有十分钟才开始
Start bringing them over.
这就叫他们过来
It'll take them that long to hobble over on their walkers.
他们那么老,走过来也得十分钟了
Francis? I'll go get them.
弗兰西斯, 我去叫他们
I only have a few minutes.
我只有几分钟
You singled me out today on purpose.
你今天针对我是有意的
What? The cabinet meeting.
什么, 内阁会议
If I'm gonna invite you to cabinet meetings,
如果我要你参加内阁会议
there's not gonna be any kid gloves.
我就不能小心护着你
Don't make it sound like a favor.
别说得像照顾我
You wanted to be there. I agreed.
你想去的,我同意了
Well, so I could be informed and do my job.
为了获得信息,做好工作
Everyone in that room is judged by what they bring to the table.
那房间的每个人都靠工作能力受到审视
What you brought to the table was amateurish.
而你的工作不像样
Both Cathy and I proposed that plan.
凯茜和我一起提出了那个计划
I fault her as much as you. You're making this too personal.
我一样也怪她,你当我是在针对你
It is personal.
是针对我
I think you're punishing me for what happened in Russia.
我觉得你是在为俄罗斯的事惩罚我
Oh, come on.
得了
Well, you said it on the plane. Appointing me was a mistake.
你在飞机上说,任命我是个错误
Yeah, you said far worse things to me.
你说的话更过分
Yes, and I've gone out of my way to put that fight behind us.
是啊,我也十分努力忘记那次的争吵
Oh, really? Like with Thomas?
是吗,像对托马斯那样
When you screamed at us for waking you up.
我们把你吵醒,你就大吼大叫
I didn't scream. It was embarrassing.
我才没大吼大叫, 你让我丢脸
Who cares what he thinks?
谁管他怎么想呢
He was our guest and you walked in there like
他是我们的客人,你就那么走进来
I think you're searching for things that aren't there
我觉得你在无中生有
and ignoring the things that are,
而对存在的问题又视而不见
like this photograph flinching nonsense. Oh, Jesus.
比如拍照那档子事, 天呐
Do you want me to resign, Francis? Don't be ridiculous.
你要我辞职吗,弗兰西斯, 别说傻话
Just say it.
说出来吧
You never wanted me to be ambassador.
你根本不希望我做大使
You remember what you said to me on the plane?
你记得你在飞机上对我说了什么吗
You should have never made me president.
你不该让我当上总统
I was upset. I didn't mean it.
我当时生着气,我不是那个意思
You did mean it. You think you made me.
你就是那个意思,你觉得你造就了我
No, I don't. I think we're a team, actually.
不是的,我觉得我们是一个团队
Well, we're not a team at the moment.
我们现在可不是
I can't believe we've become this.
真难以置信我们变成了这样
Become what? Like everyone else.
什么样, 跟其他人一个样
You ready, sir?
可以了吗,先生
No, just give me a minute. Let the smoke clear.
稍等一下,让烟味儿散去
Where are we at?
什么进度了
Her hair's different.
她换发型了
But I
但...
Where was this taken? Santa Fe.
这是在哪拍到的, 圣达菲
I've narrowed the search to focus just on that city.
我把搜索范围缩小到了那个城市
This is all I have, but I think it's a good start.
我只有这么多,但我觉得这个开头不错
I should go there.
我该过去
No. These photos are three weeks old.
不行,这是三周前的照片
She might have been passing through.
她可能只是路过那里
Or she might still be there.
也可能还留在那里
Okay, but if you start asking questions, you might tip her off.
好吧,但如果你去问东问西,可能会打草惊蛇
Get me more, then.
那再找点信息来
How's my passport coming?
我的护照怎么样了
I'll get the lock lifted when you find her.
等你找到她,我就给你解锁
I've shown you some progress.
我给你看了我的进展
I think I should be seeing progress on your side, too.
我也该看看你的进展
This isn't enough.
这不够
They just arrested another one of my friends.
他们又逮捕了我的一个朋友
They could charge me at any minute. Gavin...
他们随时能起诉我, 嘉文
The things that I've had to do to get this much are fucked up.
我为了拿到这些,而做了很糟糕的事
An exact location.
准确地点
That was our deal.
这是我们说好的
Can you get me the camera feed?
你能把监控视频拿给我吗
The system's monitoring it.
系统有监控
I want it, too.
我要
I'll send you the link.
我会把链接发给你
Doug? This is Maurice.
道格,这是莫里斯
He'll be taking over for me. I'm moving to Seattle.
他会接手你,我要搬去西雅图了
My sister's opening up her own PT center
我姐姐要自己开个体育中心
and she wants me to be a partner.
她希望我去入伙
I'm moving all my clients over to new folks.
我要把所有客户都交给别人
So I can help the transition.
这样我能帮助过渡
I'll be sad to see you go.
真舍不得你走
I'll go get some bar floats.
我去拿几根漂浮杆
Back in a second.
就回来
Look... I'm having people over this Thursday.
我这周四要请人来做客
It's a goingaway thing at my place. You should come.
再我家开个欢送会,你也来吧
You ready? Yeah.
可以了吗, 嗯
I'll text you the details.
具体情况发短信给你
I want to go after the big boys.
我要那些大人物的钱
Not just Wall Street, but Walmart.
不仅是华尔街,还有沃玛特
I'd be careful with Walmart.
沃玛特别轻易动
You'll lose a lot of friends in Congress.
你会在国会失去很多盟友
Let's force them to take sides.
那就逼他们选边站
That means Jackie Sharp, too.
包括杰姬?夏普
Introduce legislation.
引入法案
She either votes for it or we hit her hard.
她要么赞成,要么我们狠击她
Any corporation who has more
所有有超过10%员工
than ten percent of its employees on food stamps
在领食品救济券的大公司
has to increase wages until they're below ten percent.
都要涨薪,直到这个数目低于10%
Who has the guts to sponsor something like that?
谁有胆支持这样的法案
Doug?
道格
Yeah, I'll put a list together.
嗯,我写份名单
You'll have something by the end of the week.
你周末就能拿到
Okay. Talk to you then.
好,到时见
You made it.
你来了
Yeah.
是啊
How long have you been here? Ten minutes.
来多久了, 10分钟
Come on. We need to get people dancing.
来吧,我们得让大家舞起来
Actually, I was thinking that I should go.
其实,我觉得我还是走吧
I just came over to say goodbye.
我就是过来跟你道别的
No. You are not going anywhere.
不行,你哪都别想去
You don't have to dance, but you can't leave.
你不非得跳舞,但你也别想跑
Last man standing.
就剩你还没醉倒
You have recycling?
你回收吗
Just leave 'em on the counter.
放在桌台上就好
I'll take care of it tomorrow.
我明天收拾
You really don't have to help.
你不用帮忙的
I don't mind.
我不介意
You're such a gentleman.
你真绅士
I don't know about that.
这你不能确定
Oh, you're not a gentleman?
你不是绅士吗
Because... that could be interesting.
那就...有意思了
I made you a café au lait.
我给你泡了牛奶咖啡
How is it?
怎么样
Need sugar? No.
还要加糖吗, 不用
It's perfect.
很棒
When are the movers coming by?
你的搬家工什么时候来
Not for a couple hours.
还有两小时呢
You need any help? Packing the rest up?
要我帮忙打包剩下的东西吗
No. You just relax.
不用,你休息吧
You seemed a little sad last night.
你昨晚似乎有点难过
No, just tired.
没有,就是累了
Was that it? You were just tired?
是吗,只是累了吗
Someone I haven't heard from in a long time.
有个我很久没联络的人
She reached out. It was
她联系我了
It was a little hard.
我有点难过
Last night wasn't 'cause you felt sorry for me, was it?
你昨晚不是因为可怜我吧
No.
不是
Last night was because I'm getting on a plane today,
昨晚是因为我今天要坐飞机走了
and I'll probably never see you again.
我可能再也见不到你了
Why not?
为什么
You know it rains a lot in Seattle, right?
西雅图经常下雨,你知道吧
Are you gonna come with me to the memorial today?
你今天跟我去纪念馆吗
Do I need to be there?
我一定要去吗
No.
I'm buried right now.
我现在忙死了
Fine.
好吧
Why has Tom Yates been hanging around so much?
汤姆·耶茨最近怎么总在这儿晃
Is he writing a book on the president?
他要给总统写书吗
We've all asked him and he won't say.
我们都问过,他不肯说
Ballsy move if it's true.
如果真是可很大胆
Yeah. I can't stand his writing.
嗯,我受不了他的文笔
Are you an idiot?
你傻逼吗
I'm an idiot for having an opinion?
有看法就傻逼了
There's no opinions to be had. His writing is gorgeous.
有什么可"看法"的,他文笔多棒
Well, in my opinion, it isn't.
我的看法就是,我不觉得
Said the guy who can't write a grocery list.
自己购物单都写不好还说别人
Ready whenever you are, sir.
就等您了,先生
Today marks the 80th Anniversary of the Social Security Act.
今天是《社会保险法案》的80周年纪念日
It has survived longer than many of its beneficiaries.
它存在时间,甚至超过了不少其受益人
We should all be so lucky to live as long as it has.
希望所有人都能活到它这个岁数
But by the time the human body has circled the sun 80 times,
但当人活到80
its youth and vigor are gone.
青春和活力就已不再
Joints ache, bones and muscles are weaker,
关节疼,骨头变脆,肌肉退化
the heart doesn't beat with the same power it once did.
心脏的跳动也不如从前强健了
All of us must face this truth eventually.
我们所有人都最终得面对这一事实
And when we do, we must hand the baton to the young.
到那时,我们就得把接力棒交给下一代
To those who have the strength
那些等我们离世后
to carry on our work when we are gone.
有力量继续我们事业的人
Here's another truth: Social Security is dying.
这一点也是事实,社会保险在崩溃
Now in its 80th year, it must give way
如今,值其80岁之际,它必须向
to a new, younger, stronger plan for the future.
一个新的,更年轻,更有力的未来计划让位
That plan is America Works.
这就是美国就业法案
In Washington DC alone, we've managed to reduce unemployment
光是在华盛顿特区,我们就将失业率
by over a third and put 25,000 people to work.
削减了超过三分之一,两万五千人找到了工作
If we can accomplish so much
如果我们能在这么短的时间里
in so little time here in Washington,
在华盛顿做出这么大的成就
imagine what we could accomplish
想象一下如果国会在全国范围内
if Congress funded America Works nationwide.
为美国就业法案提供资金,又将取得多大成就
We wouldn't be talking about thousands of jobs.
那就不是几万份工作了
We'd be talking about millions.
而是数百万
Later this afternoon,
今天下午晚些时候
I will visit FDR's memorial to pay my respects to the man
我会前往罗斯福纪念馆,向那个80年前
who ushered in Social Security 80 years ago.
推行了《社会保险法案》的人致敬
We honor the dead for giving us the world we inherited.
我们致敬先人留给我们如今的世界
However, we must recognize
但我们也得认识到
we are doomed if we allow the dead to govern us.
如果让先人管束我们,就只有死路一条
Thank you, and God bless the United States of America.
谢谢,天佑美利坚共和国
From NBC News in Washington,
华盛顿NBC新闻
this is Meet the Press with Chuck Todd.
这里是《恰克·托德新闻访谈》
Good morning and welcome to Meet the Press.
早上好,欢迎收看《新闻访谈》
I have with me Congresswoman Huntley and Congressman Greer.
我身边是亨特利和格里尔议员
Congresswoman, let me start with you.
议员女士,我先问你吧
In the President's radio address today,
总统今日在无线电讲话中
he said the model here in Washington is a model for the nation.
称华盛顿的案例是全国的榜样
Do you agree?
您赞同吗
I do, Chuck.
是的,恰克
I was skeptical at first.
我起初持怀疑态度
Both my parents benefited from Social Security.
我父母都是社会保险的受益人
And I've always counted on it for myself.
我自己也一直指望它
But, when I think about my kids, and my grandkids
但当我想到我的孩子,孙辈
Rebecca raises a good point, one that we've been making
丽贝卡提出了一个好观点,我们在共和党内
in the Republican Party for decades.
一直在提出这个问题
And yet, while you support America Works,
但是,你虽然支持美国就业法案
most members of your party do not.
你们党内大多持反对态度
Chuck, I've never been a big fan of Frank Underwood.
恰克,我向来不怎么喜欢弗兰克·安德伍德
But the park near my house here
但我华盛顿家附近的
in Washington has never been cleaner.
公园从未像如今这么干净
The dry cleaners I go to just hired two new people this month.
我光顾的干洗店本月雇了两名新员工
The daycare I drop my kids off at doubled their staff
我送孩子去的日托所的员工翻了倍
so the children can get more individual attention.
这样每个孩子受到的个性化关注更多了
The president may have overstepped in taking FEMA money,
总统拿联邦应急管理局的钱或许是过分了
but when something works, it works. And America Works works.
但成功就是成功,美国就业法案成功了
Hello.
你好
Promise the money.
给他们钱
Whatever you need to turn him around.
用一切手段让他回心转意
I'll approve the USAID funds.
我会批准动用国际开发署的钱
What made you change your mind?
你为什么改主意了
Today... at the memorial.
今天,在纪念馆
You know what struck me the most?
你知道最让我震撼的是什么吗
Eleanor.
埃莉诺
She was off by herself.
她一个人在旁边
Alone.
孤身一人
And so was Franklin. He was alone.
富兰克林也是,一个人
And there was a wall between them.
他们之间隔着墙
The monks.
那些僧人
They've been here for weeks. We haven't even discussed them once.
他们来几周了,我们从没谈起过他们
It's beautiful, isn't it? What they're doing?
很美妙吧,他们的作品
It is.
是啊
Francis, I watched them for over an hour today.
弗兰西斯,我今天看他们看了一个多小时
And all I was thinking was,
我在想着
why aren't you and I sharing this together?
我们为什么没有一起分享此刻
We have to do something, Claire.
我们得想想办法,克莱尔
I know.
我知道
What are you thinking?
你想怎么弄
My natural color. Like when I first met Francis.
我本来的发色,像我初识弗兰西斯时那样
This color? Yes. Exactly.
这个吗, 对
Okay. Have a seat.
好,请坐
I want to take up the sleeves a touch.
我想再修修袖子
Oh, I think they're perfect. Thank you.
我觉得很好了,谢谢
What do you think? Beautiful.
怎么样, 真美
We have gathered today
我们今天聚集于此
to renew the vows between Francis J. Underwood
重证弗兰西斯·J·安德伍德
and Claire Hale Underwood.
和克莱尔·黑尔·安德伍德的婚誓
It was here, in this church,
就在这座教堂
28 years ago, before God,
28年前,在上帝面前
that you two first committed yourselves to one another.
你们二人首次向对方许下了誓言
May this renewed commitment deepen your love for each other,
愿这再次确认的承诺,能加深你们的爱情
and strengthen your eternal bond.
让你们的婚姻更加坚固,直到永远
Claire's father bought us this house.
克莱尔的父亲给我们买下了这栋房子
I wanted to pay for it myself. That's always bothered me.
我本想自己出钱,这事一直让我挂心
You weren't bothered to let him pay for your first campaign?
你不介意他为你首次竞选出资吗
Well, that's politics. It's different.
那是政治,不一样
You take money wherever you can get it.
筹钱要上天入地
No, this was our first home.
这是我们第一个家
Was it a happy home? Oh, please.
是个快乐的家吗, 拜托
I thought you brought me here
我以为你带我来
because we were gonna cut through the bullshit.
就是想不再扯谎了
This book is supposed to be about America Works.
这本书要写的是美国就业法案
There is no book without you at the center of it.
你必须作为书的核心,否则无法成书
Do you trust me? Or don't you?
你信任我吗,还是不信任
Because if you don't, get someone else to write it.
你如果不信任我,就另找人写吧
Or write it yourself.
或者你自己写
You don't know what it's like
你不知道过日子
to go through life looking over your shoulder.
还得随时小心翼翼是什么滋味
Having secrets no one would understand.
背负没人能理解的秘密
I didn't write my first book.
我第一本书不是自己写的
My friend.
我的朋友
The one who died.
死掉的那个
He wrote it?
是他写的
The first half. He didn't show it to anyone except me.
前半部分,只给我一人看了
In the hospital, he asked me destroy it.
在医院时,他求我销毁书稿
I told him I would.
我告诉他我会的
It was too good.
但他写得太好
It needed to be finished. So I finished it.
该写完,我就给写完了
And took all the credit.
并说是你独立创作
Oh, yeah. It's my part, the ending.
是啊,是我写的结局
That's what people remember.
才是人们记住的部分
But the book...
但那本书
My entire career...
我整个职业生涯
It's all based on a lie.
都是基于一个谎言
You don't have a monopoly on secrets.
秘密不是你一个人的专属
There's tulips buried under here.
这里地下埋了郁金香
Claire planted them.
克莱尔种的
I've always...
我一直
from day one...
从最开始
been ashamed she said yes when I asked her to marry me.
就对她答应我的求婚感到羞耻
Why?
为什么
I didn't think I deserved her.
我总觉得我配不上她
I can tell you this, though,
但我告诉你
there would have been no White House without Claire.
如果不是克莱尔,我就不能入主白宫
I was half the man before I met her.
遇见她成就了更好的我
But still, I've been selfish...
但是,我很自私
feeding off her the way I have.
那样向她索取
She knew what she was getting into.
她清楚自己选择了什么
Probably. She knows me better than I know myself.
或许吧,她比我更了解我
Sir? We're scheduled to fly out at 6:15.
先生,我们计划是6点15分起航
Should probably leave in the next few minutes.
再过几分钟就得动身了
Thank you, Meechum.
谢谢,密查姆
Scribble away.
写吧
So, what'd he tell you in front of the house?
他在房子前跟你说什么了
Nothing much.
没什么
Well, it looked intense, whatever it was.
不管是什么,似乎挺动情
See? This is why I don't ride in the van.
瞧,这就是我不做大车的原因
You did this time.
你这次不是坐了
Sometimes you just need to leave someone alone.
有时候得让人静静
All right, I got the hint.
好吧,我懂了
I meant him. Not me.
我是说他,不是我自己
Where are they?
他们哪去了
Who? The monks.
谁, 那些僧人
Oh, they finished earlier today, sir.
他们今天早些时候做完了,先生
So it's gone?
没了吗
I believe so.
是的
I didn't get a chance to see it.
我都没来得及看到
I'm sure they took a photo.
他们应该拍过照
Will you ask someone to get me a copy?
你能叫人给我弄一份吗
Right away, sir.
这就去,先生
Thank you.
谢谢
Claire. I almost didn't recognize you.
克莱尔,我差点没认出来
Yes, I decided it was time for a change.
是啊,我决定该做点改变了
It's very fetching.
很迷人啊
I hope you don't mind me crashing your party.
希望你不介意我不请自来
Oh, of course not. My staff said you'd be out of town.
当然不,我的手下说你不在市里
Would you mind if I borrowed Ambassador Caspi for a moment?
介意我跟卡斯皮大使单独谈谈吗
Of course.
请吧
You've been avoiding me for three weeks.
你躲了我三周
I had a trip to Jerusalem.
我去了耶路撒冷
You promised Zimbabwe 35 million
你答应给津巴布韦三千五百万
so they'd introduce the poison pill amendment.
让他们提出无理条款
For purely humanitarian reasons. No.
只是出于人道主义考虑, 不是的
This is the first time you've ever sent aid to Zimbabwe.
这是你第一次给津巴布韦援助
Don't draw connections that don't exist.
别乱牵线
We would never try to sabotage the resolution.
我们绝不会给提案搞破坏
The United States is our ally.
美国是我们的盟友
That's right, we are.
是啊,我们是
So act like it.
那就有点盟友的样子
Excuse me?
什么
My husband formally approved
我丈夫已经正式批准
our own humanitarian package for eighty million.
向津巴布韦提供八千万人道主义援助金
Zimbabwe will be withdrawing the amendment tomorrow.
他们明天就将撤回条款
And when the resolution goes to a vote,
提案进入投票时
I expect Israel to support it like the loyal ally she is.
希望以色列像个忠诚的盟友那样表示支持
Not lie to us.
而不是背信弃义
That's not the way to solicit our support.
这可不是博取我们支持的方式
I'm not soliciting. I'm demanding.
我没想"博取" 我在要求
I feel sorry for you, Claire.
我可怜你,克莱尔
Your husband sends you to talk tough.
你丈夫要你来说狠话
But as soon as things go wrong in the Jordan Valley,
但等约旦河谷出了岔子
he'll turn his back and leave Israel to clean up the mess.
他就会甩手不管,让以色列收拾烂摊子
He doesn't have the muscle.
他根本没这个实力
He can't even get Congress to work with him.
他没法让国会配合他
Or back you up after you call out Petrov.
你羞辱佩特罗夫后都不能支持你
He turned his back on you just like he will on us.
他背叛了你,也会如此对我们
My husband is the bravest and most resolute man I know.
我丈夫是我见过的最勇敢,最有决心的人
He will succeed in this plan.
他的计划会成功的
Brave?
勇敢
I served in Jordan Valley.
我在约旦河谷服过役
As did the President and the Foreign Minister. Has he?
我国总统和外交部长也是,他呢
You held a gun and somebody told you where to stand.
你不过是举着枪,听命令
Don't confuse that with the burden the Commander in Chief faces.
别把这跟三军统帅的重担搞混
Francis has given the order to kill.
弗兰西斯曾下令杀人
He's buried soldiers he's put into harm's way.
他曾下葬过他送入虎口的士兵
And every day, he wakes up bearing responsibilities
每一天,他承受的责任
you can't possibly imagine.
都是你无法想象的
They would crush you if they fell on your shoulders.
如果你来承担,你会崩溃的
So you talk to your superiors.
你去告诉你的上级
And when the amendment is withdrawn tomorrow,
等明天条款撤销
you will commit to supporting the resolution.
你必须支提案,

重点单词   查看全部解释    
refuse [ri'fju:z]

想一想再看

v. 拒绝
n. 垃圾,废物

联想记忆
persuade [pə'sweid]

想一想再看

vt. 说服,劝说

联想记忆
scream [skri:m]

想一想再看

n. 尖叫声
v. 尖叫,大笑

 
partner ['pɑ:tnə]

想一想再看

n. 搭档,伙伴,合伙人
v. 同 ... 合

联想记忆
pursue [pə'sju:]

想一想再看

v. 追捕,追求,继续从事

联想记忆
commitment [kə'mitmənt]

想一想再看

n. 承诺,保证; 确定,实行

联想记忆
delay [di'lei]

想一想再看

v. 耽搁,推迟,延误
n. 耽搁,推迟,延期

 
campaign [kæm'pein]

想一想再看

n. 运动,活动,战役,竞选运动
v. 从事运

联想记忆
assumed [ə'sju:md]

想一想再看

adj. 假装的;假定的

 
counted [kaunt]

想一想再看

vt. 计算;认为 vi. 计数;有价值 n. 计数;计

 


关键字: 美剧 第三季 纸牌屋

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。