手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 纸牌屋 > 美剧纸牌屋第四季 > 正文

美剧纸牌屋第四季(MP3+中英字幕):第1集:欢迎来达拉斯

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Mayda slides her fingers in...

梅达把她的手指...
all the way up to her... her wedding ring.
一直伸进她的婚戒里
She pushes you onto your back and leans down.
她把你推倒,然后倾下身来
Puts the fingers into your mouth so you can... taste them.
把手指伸入你的嘴里,让你尝到
The gold of the ring...
戒指的金味儿
You could taste the sting of the metal on your tongue...
你的舌尖可以尝到金属的腥味儿
mixed with the taste of her cunt.
混合着她的屄味儿
She leans down, whispers in your ear,
她倾下身来,冲你的耳朵低语
"I love you, Gagik.
"我爱你,加吉克
I love you."
我爱你"
I'm close, man. She straddles you, pulls you inside...
就要来了, 她跨着你,把你拉进体内
grinds her hips back and forth, back and forth
她的臀部前后摩挲,来回摩擦
Ah, damn, you're good with words.
该死,你真会说
"...New Hampshire for over 200 years.
"...新罕布什尔两百年来
There've been ups and downs along the way.
一直有些起起落落
Like the big A-mos-ke-ag."
就像大埃默斯基格"
Am... Amos
埃默,埃默斯
Do you have her?
联系到她了吗
She won't get on the phone.
她不肯接电话
Then get her detail on the phone. I did.
那就打给她的保安, 我打了
They can't force her to talk to you, sir.
他们不能逼她跟您说话,先生
We need to think about what to say when I show up at this event
我们得考虑我单独出席活动,她不在身边时
and she's not with me.
该说什么
And I don't want to make it worse by mispronouncing this.
我不想读错词,让情况更糟
How do you say this word?
这个词怎么读
They didn't put in the goddamn phonetics in this speech!
他们怎么不给讲话注音
And I can't be expected to look this shit up myself!
又不能让我自己去查
I'll find out for you, sir.
我替您查,先生
And of course, there's been...
当然,这些年来...
"...ups and downs along the way."
"一直有起起落落"
Like the big Amoskeag strike in the 1920s
就像20年代为薪酬和工时而举行的
over pay and hours.
大埃默斯基格罢工
But this industry survived that as well.
但这个行业也还是挺过来了
And all of you in this room have been carrying on a tradition
这间屋子里的每个人都在传承一个传统
that goes back to the beginning of this country,
始于国家创始之初的传统
and that's something you have to be very, very proud of!
你们应该为此感到万分骄傲
"But there's another tradition in this state:
"但这个州还有一项传统
Live Free or Die.
不自由毋宁死
Now, my wife"
我妻子..."
There's another tradition in this state:
这个州还有一项传统
Live Free or Die.
不自由毋宁死
Live Free or Die.
不自由毋宁死
Now, of course, as some of you may read in the papers,
当然,你们中一些人可能在报纸上读到了
and, uh, hear from the television pundits
也听到电视上的权威人士说了
that my opponent has a ten-point lead here in New Hampshire.
我的对手在新罕布什尔有10个百分点的领先
But...
但是
you're not gonna let polls and pundits tell you what to do.
你们不能让民调和权威人士指挥你们
No! Or tell you how to vote on Election Day.
不, 或是告诉你们选举日该怎么投票
You are gonna show them that New Hampshire makes up its own mind.
你们要让他们知道新罕布什尔人民能自己做主
Thank you! Thank you all for coming out today.
谢谢,谢谢大家今天前来
And God bless America. Thank you.
天佑美国,谢谢
Underwood! Underwood! Underwood!
安德伍德,安德伍德
Thank you very much. Thank you. Thank you.
谢谢,非常感谢,谢谢
Thank you all. Thank you all very much.
谢谢大家,非常感谢
Thank you.
谢谢
She landed in Dallas ten minutes ago.
她10分钟前在达拉斯降落了
Our story is she's down there laying groundwork for the primary.
我们的说法是她去为初选打基础了
That only gives us a day or two.
这只能给我们一两天时间
If she's not doing events, they'll think we're hiding something.
如果她不参加活动,他们会觉得我有所隐瞒
You think she'll stay put on the ranch?
你觉得她会待在农场吗
I have no idea. You keep track of all of her movements.
我不知道,你盯住她一切活动
Visitors, names, times,
访客,是谁,次数
the color of their shit and how much it stinks.
他们拉的屎什么颜色,臭不臭
Yes, sir. And I want you on a plane.
是,先生, 你这就上飞机
Back to Washington? Down to Texas.
回华盛顿吗, 去德克萨斯州
Where is she? The master bedroom.
她在哪, 主卧
Mrs. Hale mentioned that she might take a nap.
黑尔太太提到她可能要打个盹
Is my room made up?
我的房间布置好了吗
It's being dusted right now.
正在掸尘
I'd like to take a look. Yes, ma'am.
我想看看, 是,女士
Well, Texas is an important state.
德州很重要
Nearly 10% of the delegates we need for the nomination.
获得提名我们需要10%的代表
But you said the First Lady would be here with you today.
但您说第一夫人今天会陪您一起来的
Yes, well, when we assessed things this morning,
是啊,今早我们考虑了一下
we felt good about New Hampshire.
对新罕布什尔很有信心
I mean, look at this crowd, the enthusiasm.
看看这群人,看他们多热情
Hello, hello. Oh, my goodness.
你好,你好,我的老天
Hello there, aren't you a cutie? What's your name?
你好,你真是可爱,叫什么名字
Gabby. Hello, Gabby.
盖比, 你好,盖比
Anyway, we wanted to start looking ahead.
总之,我们想计划未来
Claire's from Texas,
克莱尔就是德州人
so it made sense for her to head down there early.
所以她提前过去也是应该的
Hello. Hello. Thank you for coming out.
你好,你好,谢谢你们前来
I can't do my job if you keep me in the dark.
你不告诉我情况我就没法做工作
All you need to know is what you put out in the statement.
你只需要知道你要往声明里写的内容
Was it an argument? Seth.
是吵架了吗,赛斯
Look, I'm working 20 hours a day here on a normal day
听着,我每天忙着竞选的各种事
with the campaign in full swing, and now this is on my plate?
就要干20个小时了,现在还要应付这个
Look, I can do damage control,
我可以控制损害
but I have to know what the damage is.
但我得知道损害是什么
Okay. I'll fill you in. Let me get up to my room.
好吧,我告诉你,我先去我房间
Welcome to Dallas.
欢迎来达拉斯
Or maybe it's a decoy,
或许是个诱饵
trying to lure us into making ad-buys in Texas.
想骗我们在德州买广告
That would explain why it wasn't part of her schedule.
那就能解释这为什么没写进她的日程了
Have you spoken to our friends in Dallas?
你跟我们在达拉斯的朋友通过话了吗
No meetings or calls.
没见人,没打电话
If she were making the rounds, we'd know.
如果她有活动,我们会知道的
Well, they're either excellent at covering their tracks,
他们要么是很会掩盖
or something's up.
要么就是出事了
Like what? I don't know, but I wanna find out.
什么事, 不知道,但我想知道
She's gonna fucking leave me. My kid in her belly.
她要离开我,她怀着我的孩子呢
And she gonna act like I never existed.
她却要假装我根本不存在
Probably pawned the wedding ring already.
大概都把婚戒给当掉了
How many is that? Two more.
多少了, 还差两个
Can you blame her, though? Yeah, I can blame her.
你能怪她吗, 能,我能
I gave her everything. She gonna rob me of my kid?
我给了她一切,她要夺走我的孩子
He's gonna be in high school before you're out.
他上高中时,你还出不去呢
I'll still be his fucking father.
那我也还是他父亲
You gotta let them move on, man.
你得让他们向前看
It's unfair not to. Let me tell you about unfair.
否则不公平, 我告诉你什么不公平
Okay? Unfair is I'm even in here,
好吗,我进来就不公平
and that fucking bitch doesn't even know it.
那贱婊子都不知道
She thinks I belong in this shithole?
她以为我活该进来
You did kill a guy.
你杀了人啊
Are you saying you didn't? I didn't say shit.
你是说你没杀吗, 我没那么说
Because I...
因为我
I had my doubts.
我有过怀疑
What do you mean your doubts?
什么意思
Just...
就是
never struck me as a killer, that's all.
从没觉得你是个杀人犯,仅此而已
You don't know what I am!
你不了解我
Come on!
拜托
Let up! I can't breathe.
放开,我无法呼吸了
All I'm saying is...
我只是说
I interviewed a lot of murder suspects
我做犯罪新闻的时候
when I was on the crime beat.
采访过很多杀人嫌犯
I think you're innocent.
我觉得你是无辜的
I think you didn't do it.
我觉得你没杀人
These guys, they'll skin you alive.
那些人,他们会活剥了你
Make you watch in a mirror while they do it.
还逼着你对着镜子看着他们那么做
What guys?
什么人
You ever hear of Armenian Power in LA?
听说过洛杉矶的亚美尼亚帮吗
No. Their top guy.
没有, 他们的头号人物
No way that motherfucker was going to jail, huh?
那混蛋肯定不会进监狱啊
I didn't have a choice.
我没有选择
So, you didn't do it?
那么你没做喽
It doesn't matter what I did or what I didn't do.
我做了什么没做什么无所谓
It matters what I said I did.
重要的是我说我做了什么
Who did you take the fall for?
你是为谁背锅
A national Wall Street Telegraph poll finds
《华尔街电讯报》的一项全国民调显示
Governor Conway leading the Republican field
康威州长在共和党竞选中处于领先
with 48% of GOP primary voters saying he's their first choice,
48%的共和党初选选民表示他是他们的首选
over 20% more than any other candidate.
超过其他候选人20%
Conway has had a dramatic ascent
康威自2015年5月
since he announced his candidacy in May of 2015.
宣布参选后支持率就扶摇直上
In another Wall Street Telegraph poll conducted at the time,
当时《华尔街电讯报》的另一项民调显示
he only captured 18% of GOP primary voters.
他只俘获了18%的共和党初选选民
Many felt that his young age and his lack of...
很多人认为他的年轻和缺乏...
Meechum!
密查姆
Yes, sir? Claire's clothes are here.
是,先生, 克莱尔的衣服也在这里
I'll get Advance.
我去叫先遣的人
Along with his campaign's focus
以及他竞选对
on his successful tenure as Governor of New York,
他成功的纽约州州长任期的强调
his service in the Air...
他的服役记录...
My apologies, sir.
抱歉,先生
Her wardrobe shipped last night and we neglected to adjust.
她的衣服是昨晚运来的,我们忘记做调整了
All right, just get it out. Yes, sir.
好吧,拿出去就是了, 是,先生
Hundreds of supporters lined up
他在爱荷华州的每场活动
at nearly every one of his Iowa events,
都有上百名支持者排队等候
sometimes numbering in the thousands.
有时甚至是上千人
Prominent in the crowd were military veterans.
人群里格外突出的是退伍军人
Conway's grandfather was a Navy chief warrant officer
康威的祖父是海军一级准将
who fought in the Pacific theater of World War II.
曾在二战中在太平洋战场作战
Conway's approach has been likened... Meechum.
康威的表现被与... 密查姆
...to that of John F. Kennedy's 1960 presidential campaign.
1960年的约翰·F·肯尼迪总统竞选相提并论
A combination of public charm and personal poise.
既有公共场合的魅力,又有私下里的从容
Last week, at a campaign event...
上周,在一个竞选活动上...
This morning when you went into her room...
今早你去她房间里时
Uh, I told her we were leaving soon.
我告诉她我们就要出发了
She just...
她...
She was looking at a photograph...
她在看一张照片
of the mandala, the one you gave her.
是您给她的那个曼荼罗
...event in Manchester, but without the First Lady.
...曼彻斯特的活动,但第一夫人不在身侧
Reports from the Underwood administration... Good night, sir.
安德伍德政府的声明, 晚安,先生
...have stated that Claire Underwood...
表示克莱尔·安德伍德
Keep me company for a bit. Sir?
陪我一会儿, 先生
You just have a seat. I've got some reading that I have to do.
坐吧,我得看会儿东西
Yes, sir.
是,先生
But you said the First Lady would be here with you today.
但您说第一夫人今天会陪您一起来的
Yes, well, when we assessed things this morning,
是啊,今早我们考虑了一下
we felt good about New Hampshire.
对新罕布什尔很有信心
I mean, look at this crowd, the enthusiasm.
看看这群人,看他们多热情
Hello, hello. Oh, my goodness.
你好,你好,我的老天
Hello there, aren't you a cutie? What's your name?
你好,你真是可爱,叫什么名字
Gabby. Hello, Gabby.
盖比, 你好,盖比
Turn that off.
把那关掉
Claire's from Texas,
克莱尔就是德州人
so it made sense for her to head down there early.
所以她提前过去也是应该的
Hello. Hello. Thank you for coming out.
你好,你好,谢谢你们前来
"Hmm, aren't you a cutie?"
"你真是可爱"
What are you doing? You fell asleep, sir.
你干什么, 您睡着了,先生
Your glasses, I was...
您的眼镜,我...
I'm sorry, sir. I didn't mean to...
对不起,先生,我不是有意...
You all right, sir? No.
您没事吧,先生, 有事
I mean, yes. I'm just...
我是说,没事,我就是...
Can I get you anything? Some water? I'm fine.
您需要点什么吗,水, 不用
It's late. You should get some sleep.
很晚了,你该睡会儿了
I'll stay if you like.
如果您需要我就留下
I think I'd like to be alone, but thank you.
我想一个人待着,不过谢谢你了
Of course, sir.
好的,先生
Watch your step, please.
请小心脚下
LeAnn. Mrs. Underwood.
莉安, 安德伍德夫人
Let's take a walk. Of course.
我们去散个步吧, 好
You've made the Democrats relevant again in a very red state.
州又关心起了民主党
You want me to help ramp up the Texas operation?
你要我为德州的活动助势吗
No, I'm not here for the primary.
不,我不是为初选而来的
I'm here to run for the 30th,
我想竞选30选区议员
and I want you to run my campaign.
我希望你做我的竞选经理
The White House is saying that you're here to
白宫说你是来...
That's just so we don't draw attention to the congressional race.
那只是为了不让国会竞选吸引太多注意
Doris Jones, her daughter's running.
桃瑞丝·琼斯,她女儿要竞选
The congresswoman would need to be convinced.
得说服那位女议员
You're saying Celia bows out?
你是说西莉娅会退出
She waits. In two years, the seat is hers.
她等,两年后,席位就是她的
Four at the most.
至多四年
Senate? Possibly.
参议员吗, 或许
Or governor, 2020.
或者州长, 2020年
And the president's on board with this?
总统也同意吗
Completely.
完全同意
Look, even if you could convince Celia,
听着,就算你能说服西莉娅
there's still a big problem.
那也还有个大问题
That I'm white. Lily white.
我是白人, 白得彻头彻尾
In your designer heels and tailored dresses, I mean...
穿着设计师鞋,量体剪裁的衣服
look at this property, Mrs. Underwood.
看看这片地产,安德伍德夫人
A woman who marched with Dr. King
一个跟金博士一起游行的女人
is not gonna have much patience for...
不会有耐心应付一个...
For what?
什么
An outsider.
外人
Well, I believe we can change her opinion of me.
我认为我们可以改变她对我的看法
Look, I don't mind betting against the odds.
听着,我不介意做困难大的事
If I did, I wouldn't be consulting for Democrats in Texas.
否则,我也不会在德州为民主党做顾问了
But what you're asking me When you started your firm, LeAnn,
但你所要求的, 你创办你公司时,莉安
your father told mine that you were making a huge mistake.
你父亲跟我父亲说你是在犯下大错误
That's because he was a Republican.
那是因为他是个共和党人
Yes, but you didn't make a mistake, did you?
是啊,但你没有犯错,不是吗
You proved him wrong.
你证明他错了
Now, a dozen consultants can tell me why this won't work,
很多顾问都能告诉我这为什么不行
but I think you can tell me why it can.
但我觉得你能告诉我这为什么行
Meechum said she was in there for over an hour.
密查姆说她进去了一小时
We don't own Harvey.
哈维不是我们的人
Vaughn thinks she's been holding out for Dunbar.
沃恩认为她在等邓巴
She wouldn't be meeting with her about the primary.
她不会是为初选跟她见面
Maybe she thinks she can run for something.
或许她觉得她可以竞选什么
What? This cycle? Elected office has always been her goal.
什么,这轮吗, 她一直希望当选公职
There aren't any open races.
现在没有缺职
Not in Texas. Except for Doris Jones.
在德州没有,只有桃瑞丝·琼斯
Yeah, but her daughter's running for that seat.
嗯,但她女儿打算竞选那个职位
She hasn't announced yet.
她还没宣布呢
Which gives Claire an opening.
这就给了克莱尔机会
Hello?
有人吗
Hello? LeAnn?
有人吗, 莉安
Doug Stamper.
道格·斯坦普
Wasn't sure if I was in the right
我还以为我走错了...
Is that how you say hi in Texas?
德州就这么打招呼吗
Sorry, the elevators are usually locked down on the weekends.
抱歉,电梯周末一般是停用的
We've had some burglaries in the building.
我们楼里进过盗窃犯
It's nice to meet you, Doug. Pleasure.
见到你很高兴,道格, 幸会
Mrs. Underwood didn't tell me you were in town.
安德伍德夫人没告诉我你来这儿了
I just got in. President thought it'd be a good idea
我刚到,总统觉得我该来
if I were here to help coordinate on the campaign.
协助竞选事宜
Well, I'm not officially on board yet.
我还没正式加入呢
I wanted to see how the meeting goes tomorrow.
我想看看明天会面的结果
The meeting?
会面
Doris Jones. The First Lady didn't tell you?
桃瑞丝·琼斯,第一夫人没告诉你吗
No.
没有
Will you excuse me for a moment?
失陪一下
I just have to make a quick call. Of course.
我去打个电话, 好的
It's the president.
是总统
Hello?
Doug tells me you greeted him with a firearm.
道格告诉我你对他举枪了
Yeah, we've been having some issues with
嗯,我们遇到了些问题...
Do you know what fascinates me about guns, LeAnn?
你知道枪哪点让我着迷吗,莉安
You pull a trigger and bang,
扣下扳机,砰
a bullet explodes out faster than the speed of sound.
一颗子弹喷出,快过声速
And if you're on the wrong end of that bullet,
如果你站的不是地方
why, it hits you before you even hear it.
你还没听到声就会被它击中
Mr. President, forgive me, but
总统先生,请原谅,但是
No, I want you to hear me, LeAnn.
不,听着,莉安
You will walk away from this nonsense with Claire.
你要停下跟克莱尔的胡闹
You will not make a phone call nor answer one.
你不要打电话,也不要接电话
You will offer no explanation.
不要解释
Whatever you discussed with my wife,
不管你跟我妻子谈了什么
you will erase it from your mind and never speak of it again.
你要全部忘记,永远不再提及
Tell me I've been heard.
告诉我你听到了
Yes, I heard you.
是的,我听到了
Good.
很好
This is cute.
真可爱
Put it down, please.
请把它放下
Souvenir.
当纪念品了
I'll take that phone, too.
电话也给我吧
Have a good night.
今晚愉快
How soon?
多快
The judge is reviewing the Rule 35 order now.
法官正在审核减刑规则
I mean, once he signs it, if they make an arrest,
他一签字,他们逮捕了人
it won't take these guys long to figure out
这些人很快就能想明白
it was me that talked to the Feds.
是我跟联调局告密了
Well, once he signs, it'll be a matter of hours, not days.
他一签字,那就是几小时,而不是几天的事
The WITSEC arrangements are already being made.
证人保护计划的安排已经定好了
You know where they're sending me? Nope.
你知道他们要送我去哪吗, 不
And I never will. Nobody will.
我不会知道的,没人会知道
Except for the DOJ.
除了司法部
If you need to reach me for anything,
如果你有事要找我
you're gonna have to contact me through the WITSEC officer.
你得通过证人保护计划负责人联系我
It's not just the Armenians I'm afraid of.
我怕的不仅是亚美尼亚人
Lucas... I know you never believed me
卢卡斯, 我知道你一直不信
about the president but Look. Listen carefully.
我说的总统的那些事, 听着,听好
The U.S. Government is not your enemy now.
美国政府现在不是你的敌人了
Okay? They're protecting you.
好吗,他们在保护你
He is the government.
他就是政府
Not even the White House knows who gets released on Rule 35.
连白宫都不知道谁能靠减刑规则获释
Unless the Attorney General tells them,
除非司法部长说出去
which almost never happens.
几乎从来没有那种事
Listen.
听着
You did good work here, Lucas.
你干得很不错,卢卡斯
You're getting out.
你要出去了
Try to be happy about that.
开心点吧
This how you unwind?
你就这么放松吗
I've never been here in my life.
我从没来过这里
I wanted some place we wouldn't be recognized.
我想找个不会被认出来的地方
Rack 'em up.
摆球吧
You said you had something to offer. Yes.
你说你有东西给我, 是的
Insurance.
保险
We took Iowa.
我们拿下了爱荷华州
We're closing the gap in New Hampshire.
在新罕布什尔州也追上来了
You squeaked by in Iowa.
你们在爱荷华州是勉强通过
You're not gonna close the gap in New Hampshire by Tuesday.
周二之前你在新罕布什尔是追不上差距的
You're overconfident. And you're still Press Secretary.
你自信过头了, 你还是新闻发言人呢
He didn't make you Chief of Staff.
他可没让你做幕僚长
Don't tell me you weren't angling for it.
别告诉我你没想往那儿钻
What's your ask?
你想要什么
One solid thing for us to work with.
一件我们可用的事
It tanks him, you got a cushion.
如果打击了他,你就有个垫子了
It doesn't?
如果没用
You still have your job in the White House.
你还能继续在白宫工作
Why should I trust you?
我凭什么信你
Wouldn't you rather have a back-up plan in your pocket if you lose?
如果你输了,不想有个后备计划吗
Your shot.
该你了
We guarantee you a place in our administration
我们保证给你在政府留个位置
after my two years as Chief of Staff.
我做两年的幕僚长
Then it's you.
然后就是你
Tell me what's happening in Texas.
告诉我德州是怎么回事
Mrs. Underwood. Congresswoman, so good to see you.
安德伍德夫人, 议员女士,见到你真高兴
Wonderful to see you, too. Please, come in.
我也很高兴,请进吧
Celia, so good to see you, too.
西莉娅,见到你也很高兴
Always a pleasure, Mrs. Underwood.
很高兴,安德伍德夫人
LeAnn called me a little while ago. Said she couldn't make it.
莉安早先给我打电话,说她来不了了
Congresswoman, I asked LeAnn to have this meeting set up
议员女士,我叫莉安安排这次会议
because I have a radical proposal,
是因为我有个大胆的提议
and I wanted to make it in person.
我想当面跟你提出
Well, Doug has already filled me in.
道格已经跟我说了
Usually, I wouldn't endorse anyone four years out,
我一般不会为任何人背书四年
but in this case, I'm really open to it.
但这次,我乐意考虑
Anything to put a Democrat into the governor's mansion.
能让民主党人进入州长府邸就好
I told the congresswoman that
我跟议员女士说
enlisting her political machinery in Dallas
用上她在达拉斯的政治力量
is a crucial first step.
是很关键的第一步
Which is why I asked my daughter to join us.
所以我叫我女儿也一起来了
She'll have my seat by then, and you two will work closely.
到时她已经接替了我的席位,你俩可以密切合作
I have a great deal of respect for you, Mrs. Underwood.
我对您十分敬重,安德伍德夫人
I think we can accomplish a lot together.
我认为我们携手可以成就辉煌
Well, actually, Congresswoman,
其实,议员女士
I've decided that the governorship is a big leap
我认为如果不先当选公职
without holding any elected office first.
直接做州长跨度太大
Are you thinking Senate next cycle?
你在考虑下一轮竞选参议员吗
No, I'm thinking your district, this cycle.
不,我在考虑本轮竞选你的选区
That would mean your daughter holds off,
那样的话,您女儿就得等等
and then I would throw my full weight behind her
等我竞选州长时
to replace me when I run for governor.
会全力支持她接替我
I've already put together my team.
我已经组织了团队
Oh, no, you would still get the seat, Celia.
不,你还是能得到席位的,西莉娅
I'm just asking you to wait a little longer.
我只是求你再等等
And the president thinks this is the best plan.
总统认为这个方案最好
Why didn't you tell me this?
你怎么没说
I wasn't aware, ma'am. Well, he and I spoke privately about it.
我并不知道,夫人, 他和我私下谈的
Celia has waited over a decade for me to retire.
西莉娅为了等我退休已经等了十年多
It's her time.
该轮到她了
I understand.
我理解
And that's why I want to put her in the best position to succeed
所以等她接过了席位,我希望能给她
when she takes office. When was the last time
最有利的地位, 你上次踏入
you set foot in this district?
这个选区是什么时候了
When Francis was elected whip.
弗兰西斯当选党鞭的时候
So, how are we supposed to ask our people to support a woman
我们要怎么要求选民支持一个
that doesn't even know them?
根本不了解他们的女人
Their lives, their everyday struggles.
不了解他们的生活,他们每日的挣扎
Carpetbagger.
投机谋利
Who's white.
还是白人
It goes deeper than race, Mrs. Underwood.
不仅是种族问题,安德伍德夫人
You grew up in Highland Park, never wanted for anything.
你在海兰帕克长大,从小不缺吃穿
You just don't reflect our community.
你无法体现我们的群体
Congresswoman makes a good point.
议员女士说得有道理
What I want is a stepping stone.
我是想要个跳板
And what you want is federal funding for a breast cancer center
而你想联邦资助一家计划生育组织经营的
run by Planned Parenthood.
乳腺癌中心
Something that a Republican-controlled Congress will never do.
如果共和党控制了国会,这就无法实现
Especially in a VA hospital.
尤其是在退伍军人医院
You had resistance even when the Democrats controlled the House.
即便是民主党控制国会时你也遭遇了阻力
But there's not one congressperson, Republican or Democrat,
但国会议员,不管是共和党还是民主党
that would refuse a meeting with the First Lady.
都不会拒绝跟第一夫人见面
You're right, Mrs. Underwood.
你说得对,安德伍德夫人
We haven't accomplished everything we set out to do.
我们没能实现我们的一切目标
But the one thing my constituents have always had...
但我的选民一直拥有的
is the pride that they take in being represented by one of their own.
是由自己人代表的骄傲
I refuse to rob them of that.
我不想剥夺这份骄傲
Thank you for your time, Congresswoman.
多谢您抽时间,议员女士
We'll reassess our thinking and get back to you. Thank you.
我们会重新考虑再联系您,谢谢
You tell the president to stay out of this.
你叫总统别插手
Maybe you should speak to him directly.
或许您该直接跟他谈
As soon as he's willing to support this race, I'll talk to him.
如果他肯支持我竞选,我就跟他谈
You're making a mistake, Mrs. Underwood.
您在犯错误,安德伍德夫人
A source within the White House tells us this,
白宫内部人士透露
that the First Lady traveled to Texas
第一夫人跟丈夫
after some sort of a major argument with her husband.
大吵一架后飞去了德州
Well, the president has claimed that she went to Dallas
总统称她去达拉斯
to lay groundwork for the Texas primary.
是为德州初选打基础
But there's no evidence of any campaign events or fundraisers
但她三天前抵达后,却不见举办任何
since she arrived there three days ago,
竞选活动或筹款活动
and she hasn't appeared publicly.
也未曾公开露面
So, Monica, gotta get your take on this.
那么,莫妮卡,得问问你对此事的看法
Well, if there is marital discord,
如果真的出现了婚姻不和
the Underwoods certainly wouldn't want to admit it.
安德伍德夫妇肯定不愿承认
Her being down there for the primary?
她去那边筹备初选
Come on, that could be a smokescreen.
拜托,那完全可能是障眼法
Juan? Well, come on, Gretchen. Let's be real.
胡安, 格雷琴,我们现实点
Something's rotten in the state of Denmark.
南卡罗莱纳州有蹊跷啊
I mean, the timing on this could not be worse.
这时机简直太糟了
Don't forget, the New Hampshire primary is tomorrow.
别忘了,新罕布什尔初选就在明天
So, whatever momentum the president had coming out of Iowa...
总统从爱荷华州带出来的好势头
Just like air going out of a popped balloon.
现在都像气球泄气一样流逝了
Well, you know that Heather Dunbar
海瑟·邓巴对此
is gonna have something to say about this. Let's take a look.
肯定有话说,我们看看吧
I don't know whether this story is true or not,
我不知道此事是真是假
but if it is, I hope that the president and the First Lady
但如果是,我希望总统和第一夫人
can work out their differences.
能调和矛盾
No one likes to see a marriage under strain.
没人希望看到一段婚姻出现问题
Personally, I wouldn't be able to carry on my campaign
个人而言,如果不是我了不起的家人
without the incredible...
我也没法竞选...
Do we know where the leak came from?
知道是哪里走漏的消息吗
We're talking to Secret Service and to staff now,
我们在找特勤局和员工问话
but no, sir, we don't know yet.
但是,先生,暂时还不知道
I'm looking at a ten-pound stack of clippings,
我这儿有一堆十磅重的剪报
and that's just what's been written in the past hour.
这还只是过去一小时里出来的报道
This is Dunbar. I know she's behind this.
这是邓巴干的,我知道是她捣的鬼
Sir, I might have a solution.
先生,我可能有办法了
May we speak privately for a moment?
我们能单独谈谈吗
Yeah. Seth, hop off the line.
好,赛斯,挂线
If we're gonna switch tactics, I think I should
如果我们要改变策略,我觉得...
I'll fill you in if the president wants to move forward.
如果总统打算采取措施我会告诉你的
Hop off, Seth.
挂线,赛斯
During the debates, we all remember,
在辩论中,我们只记得
Underwood went after Sharp for sending her kids to private...
安德伍德攻击夏普把孩子送去私立学校
All right, go ahead.
好吧,说吧
Claire's mother.
克莱尔的母亲
What about her?
她怎么了
I told you when you were five years old
你五岁的时候我就告诉你
not to come in this house without saying hello to me.
进屋一定要跟我打招呼
I came by when I arrived. You were asleep.
我到时就去看过你,你当时睡了
That was two days ago.
那是两天前了
Well, I wasn't sure you wanted to see me, Mother.
我不知道你是不是想见我,母亲
Well...
好吧
as long as we're living under the same roof
既然我们要生活在一个屋檐下
and besieged by news trucks I apologize for all that.
而且还被新闻车包围, 那个很抱歉
Is it true?
是真的吗
Is that why you came down here?
你是因为这个才过来的吗
No, I came down here because...
不,我来是因为
That woman who visited...
那个来访的女人
LeAnn Harvey. Mmm-hmm, I know who she is.
莉安·哈维, 我知道她是谁
She calls me all the time asking for money when she's...
她推销候选人的时候经常打给我
peddling some candidate.
问我要钱
Are you the candidate?
你是候选人吗
Congress. 30th District.
国会, 30选区
I see.
这样啊
You don't approve.
你不赞成
Well, you've always made your choices
你总是自己做决定
regardless of what I think.
不管我怎么想
What does he think?
他怎么想
Has he spoken to you? To discourage me?
他跟你谈话了吗,劝我别那么做
He hasn't spoken to me since the day of your daddy's funeral.
你爸爸葬礼那天之后他就再没跟我说过话
Just like you haven't.
你也一样
Not even a phone call when you became First Lady
你当上第一夫人都不来通电话
If you don't want me here, I can make other arrangements.
如果你不希望我待在这儿,我可以另做安排
Oh, don't be ridiculous.
别傻了
This house is as much yours as it is mine.
这房子是我的也是你的
I put covers on everything
我把东西都罩上
because the maids were cleaning rooms I never set foot in.
是因为女仆要清扫我从不进的房间
But now that you're here...
但既然你来了
Just leave them.
别动了
I only need a bedroom.
我只需要一间卧室
Fine.
好吧
This house is just a hotel to you.
这房子对你来说就是个旅馆
The president will arrive in Dallas later this afternoon.
总统今天下午晚些时候会抵达达拉斯
As to the nature of his trip, I can't comment at this time
至于他此行的目的,我目前不能透露
other than to say he plans on seeing the First Lady.
只能说他打算见第一夫人
Seth! Mark.
赛斯, 马克
His going down there would seem to lend legitimacy
他南下似乎让他们出现婚姻问题的说法
to claims that they're having marital issues, wouldn't it?
看起来更有依据了,不是吗
We've already denied those claims.
我们已经否认了那种说法
Seth! Sara.
赛斯, 莎拉
Neither the president nor the First Lady
报道爆出后,总统
have publicly responded since this story broke.
和第一夫人都未曾公开做过回应
Can we expect them to?
他们会回应吗
What you're calling a story isn't a story.
你所谓的报道,并非报道
It's a flashy headline
只是个夺人眼球的标题
that gives you a bump in Twitter followers.
帮你们在推特上涨粉
It doesn't warrant a response,
根本不值得对此做出回应
but if the president or First Lady chooses to make one,
但如果总统或第一夫人决定回应
you'll be the first to know.
肯定第一个告诉你
Seth! Thank you all very much.
赛斯, 谢谢大家
How long has she been gone? Not long.
她离开多久了, 没多久
LeAnn Harvey's office. Christ.
去了莉安·哈维办公室, 老天
The press didn't follow her, did they?
媒体没跟着她吧
No. They took a utility road out.
没有,他们走了条公用设施路
No police escort.
没有警察随行
Are you two gonna make a habit of showing up here
你俩要把问都不问一声就跑来
without even the courtesy of asking?
当成习惯吗
I wish I didn't have to be here,
我也希望不用来这儿
but your daughter's made it necessary.
但你女儿逼得我没办法
You know, when she got married,
她结婚时
I was sure she would wake up in a year or two.
我以为过一两年她肯定会醒悟
I had no idea it was gonna take her 30.
没想到她用了30年
Claire is the First Lady of the United States,
克莱尔是美国的第一夫人
and you still think she made the wrong choice.
你还觉得她选错了人
Reduced to tabloid gossip?
变成小报谈资了
She might as well be living in that trailer park you come from.
她跟住在你出身的那个拖车公园有什么区别
Well, it was a peach farm.
是个桃子园
But you're right, I am still white trash.
但你没说错,我还是白人垃圾
I just happen to be white trash that lives in the White House.
我只不过恰好是个住在白宫的白人垃圾
Not even being president could give you any class.
就算当上总统,还是那么粗俗
Well, let me tell you what's about to happen, Elizabeth.
我告诉你接下来会怎么样吧,伊丽莎白
I am not going to put myself in the crossfire
我不会站在交火的总统
between a president and First Lady.
和第一夫人之间
Oh, I'll handle Francis.
我来应付弗兰西斯
You said he was on board.
你说他同意的
And I'll make sure he is.
我会让他同意的
The point is you misled me, Mrs. Underwood.
重点是,你误导了我,安德伍德夫人
What is it you want, LeAnn? Is it money?
你想要什么,莉安,钱吗
Or do you want more, to make a real mark?
还是想要更多,留下真正的痕迹
I don't have to choose. I can have both.
我不用选,我可以兼得
Well, if you wanna make history, you need to get out of Texas.
如果你想青史留名,你就得离开德州
I've turned down plenty of jobs in D.C.
我拒绝过不少华府的工作
Juggling 15 clients a year.
一年应付15位客户
But I want the next 15 years of your life.
但我想要你接下来15年的时间
Texas is just where we begin.
德州只是我们的起点
It seems you didn't hear me after all.
看来你到底是没听到
I don't respond to threats.
我不向威胁低头
You're speaking to the president.
你在跟总统说话
Yes, I recognize his voice.
是的,我认得出他的声音
I'd like to talk to my wife alone, please.
请让我单独跟我妻子谈谈
She stays. Tell me what you need to tell me.
她留下,你想跟我说什么就说吧
Doug.
道格
She's been sick for three years.
她已经病了三年了
Radiation, chemotherapy, the works.
放疗,化疗,都做了
But you didn't know, did you?
但你不知道,是吗
You're not dragging my mother in front of the cameras.
你不能把我母亲拉到镜头前
Just you, and you're going to say that that's why you're down here.
只有你一人,你要说你是为此才南下
This is a family matter, Francis.
这是家事,弗兰西斯
This has to be done, Claire. We have to kill this story.
这事必须做,克莱尔,我们得把传言止住
He's right.
他说得对
I need to know you won't meddle with my campaign.
我要知道你不会给我的竞选捣乱
The State of the Union is in two weeks.
国情咨文就在两周之后
You show up for that, then I'll leave you alone.
你到时要来,我就不再阻挠你
Let's get this over with.
我们赶紧了事吧
When Claire first came down here to Dallas...
克莱尔最初来到达拉斯时
we said it was to lay the groundwork for the Texas primary.
我们说是为德州的初选打基础
And that was partially true.
这也算是事实
What we left out was something that we hoped to keep private.
但我们没说的,是一些本想保密的私事
But in light of false stories over the last number of days
但鉴于这几天来关于我们婚姻状况的
about the state of our marriage,
漫天谣传
we now feel it's important to share this unfortunate news.
我们现在认为只能说出这一不幸的消息
Claire.
克莱尔
For the past three years,
这三年来
my mother has been suffering from intermittent lymphoma.
我母亲一直在与间歇性淋巴癌做抗争
Initially, she had some success battling her illness,
起初,她在与病魔的抗争中取得了胜利
but it's come back full force the last several months.
但这几个月,疾病复发而且非常严重
So, I came down here to spend time with her
所以,我来这儿陪她
while she undergoes further treatment.
进行进一步的治疗
And we ask just for the sake of my mother's dignity...
看在我母亲尊严和健康的分上
and well-being that you respect her privacy.
我们请求大家尊重她的隐私
Thank you.
谢谢
I will be resuming my campaign tomorrow
我明天将继续我的竞选
and Claire will, of course, be staying here.
克莱尔,当然了,将留在这里
And let me just add...
我还要说
Claire's mother is blessed to have such a loving daughter.
克莱尔的母亲有这样孝顺的女儿是莫大的福气
And I am blessed to have such a thoughtful and caring wife.
我有如此体贴,善良的妻子也是三生有幸
Thank you all very much.
谢谢大家
Nothing fancy, but it'll do the job.
平平常常,但也足矣了
You're officially John Carlyle now.
你正式是约翰·卡莱尔了
Driver's license is expired on purpose. You take the bus to work.
驾照有意弄了个过期的,你得乘大巴上班
Memorize everything, address, birthday, social.
把一切都背下来,地址,生日,社保号
There's a personal history in there for you to know by heart, too.
还有个人经历,也要熟练背下来
"Pegasus Car Rentals"? Yeah. -"
飞马租车行" 对
You wash rentals. It starts tomorrow.
你洗租车,明天开始
Keep a low profile.
保持低调
Don't be weird about it,
别表现出异常
don't go out of your way to make friends.
别到处交朋友
What if there's...
如果...
If something's wrong?
出什么事了呢
Landline goes directly to our local office.
固话直接接到我们本地办公室
Away from home, use the cell phone next to it.
出门在外,用旁边那部手机
What else? You have basic cable.
还有什么,你有基本的有线台
No Internet, obviously.
没有网络,不用说
Keep the blinds drawn and the doors locked.
百叶窗拉好,门锁好
That's it.
就这样了
I'll check in with you later this week.
本周晚些时候我再来找你
Now, we didn't just win a plurality here in New Hampshire.
我们不仅在新罕布什尔获胜
We won a majority.
而且差距悬殊
Now, you know what that tells me?
知道这意味着什么吗
It's looking like Dunbar's got it by 11 or 12 points
看来等票全数完,邓巴能领先
by the time everything's counted.
11或12个百分点
How many precincts have reported?
已经报上来几个区了
As of two minutes ago, 83%.
两分钟前是83%
Seth drafted a speech for when we land.
赛斯起草了讲话,等我们落地后用
Normally, Dunbar would wait to give her speech until after yours,
一般来说,邓巴会等你先发表讲话
but since we're on the plane
但既然我们在飞机上
Get her on the phone and I'll concede. Yes, sir.
给她打电话,我让她, 好,先生
Look at that snot-nosed pretty-boy.
看那个乳臭未干的小白脸
I'll bet he just learned how to shave.
他肯定刚学会刮胡子
Get me Dunbar.
接邓巴
Ma'am, I really think Open it.
女士,我真觉得... 开门
She wants to be left alone.
她想一个人待着
Unlock the door.
打开门
I want you to go!
你走
Mother...
母亲
why didn't you tell me?
你为什么没告诉我
Because it was none of your business.
因为不关你的事
Just listen to me. No, don't even bother.
听我说, 不,别费口舌了
I understand why you did what you did.
我明白你为什么那么做
But that doesn't make it any less hurtful.
但也还是一样伤人
Is that for me or for yourself?
那是为了我还是为了你自己
Claire.
克莱尔
Come here.
过来
Come here.
过来
You're stronger than he is.
你比他强大
But you gotta put him in his place.
但你得让他知道自己的位置

重点单词   查看全部解释    
firearm ['faiərɑ:m]

想一想再看

n. 火器,枪炮

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
administration [əd.mini'streiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 行政,管理,行政部门

联想记忆
rob [rɔb]

想一想再看

v. 抢劫,掠夺

 
pacific [pə'sifik]

想一想再看

n. 太平洋
adj. 太平洋的
p

联想记忆
courtesy ['kə:tisi]

想一想再看

n. 礼貌,好意,恩惠

 
poll [pəul]

想一想再看

n. 投票,民意测验,民意,票数
v. 做民意

 
radical ['rædikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 激进的,基本的,彻底的
n. 激进分

 
intermittent [.intə'mitənt]

想一想再看

adj. 间歇的,断断续续的

联想记忆
election [i'lekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 选举

联想记忆


关键字: 美剧 第四季 纸牌屋

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。