手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法第二季 > 正文

福尔摩斯基本演绎法第二季(MP3+中英字幕) 第20集 阻止炭疽病毒的扩散

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Previously on Elementary...

《福尔摩斯:演绎法》前情提要
Alistair? Miss Watson.
阿里斯泰尔,华生小姐
In London, I had a small part in a radio drama.
在伦敦,我在广播剧中扮演小角色
Sherlock wrote me a letter when he was ten
夏洛克十岁时给我写了一封信
saying that I, alone, of all the cast,
说我模仿的约克郡口音
truly captured the Yorkshire accent.
是剧组里最标准的
So, eventually, we met, so I could coach him on his nuances.
最终我们见面了,我指导了一下他的发音
We became friends.
我们成了朋友
You knew him when he was using?
他吸毒的事情你知道吗
Nine months ago, he shows up at my flat, at night,
九个月前的一个晚上,他出现在我家门前
so high, he could barely speak.
毒品让他嗨到说不出话
It was very...
这真的
difficult for me.
让我很难受
The time I've lost in wooing, in watching and pursuing,
我穷尽光阴注视,沉醉,追逐着
the light that lies in woman's eyes
女人眼中流露的光芒
has been my heart's undoing.
我的心因此湮灭消亡
And a good morning to you, too.
你也早上好啊
The time I've lost in wooing,
我穷尽光阴注视
in watching and pursuing,
沉醉,追逐着
the light that lies in woman's eyes,
女人眼中流露的光芒
has been my heart's undoing. That's Alistair, right?
我的心因此湮灭消亡,是阿里斯泰尔,对吧
Aye. We're having breakfast today.
没错,今天我们要共进早餐
I didn't realize he was still helping you with your accents.
没想到他现在还在帮你纠正口音
I would have thought you had an Irish one in your repertoire.
我还以为爱尔兰口音是你的自带技能呢
The Irish accent is reserved
爱尔兰口音是指
for those people living in Ireland.
爱尔兰当地人说话的口音
This is the distinct cadence and tonality
这种独特的节奏和音调
of the Derry region in Northern Ireland.
是北爱尔兰的德里地区所特有的
Alistair pointed out
阿里斯泰尔指出
that my intonations would never pass muster
我的语调还达不到德里当地人的标准
with a Derry native, so he was kind enough
所以他好心帮我
to record some poems and colloquialisms
录了几段诗词和日常用语
for me to review before our next breakfast.
供我在下次共进早餐前复习用
He's fit to mind mice at a crossroads.
他只适合去路口抓老鼠
He fit to mind mice at a crossroads.
他只适合去路口抓老鼠
Well, I have to go down to the station
我打算去警局
and give some files back to Marcus.
把一些文件还给马库斯
Keep up with the accent.
继续练你的口音吧
You never know when you're gonna have to go undercover in Derry.
说不定什么时候你要去德里办案呢
Hey, have you seen Marcus around?
你看见马库斯了吗
No, he's probably, uh, grabbing coffee.
没,他大概去,买咖啡了吧
Hey, I just got a call from holding that we got
我刚接到拘留所的电话
a guy that's sick or something.
有个犯人好像生病了
I know you're not a doctor anymore, but, uh...
我知道你已经不是医生了,不过...
I can take a look.
我去看看吧
We've already called for a bus.
我们已经叫救护车了
He was moaning and then nothing.
他躺在地上呻吟,然后就没动静了
Can I get a pair of gloves?
能给我一副手套吗
What's his name?
他叫什么名字
Apollo Mercer. He's a known pickpocket.
阿波罗·默瑟,他是个扒窃惯犯
I caught him working Union Square this morning.
我今早抓到他在联合广场作案
Apollo, my name is Joan.
阿波罗,我叫乔恩
Are you okay?
你还好吗
No pulse.
没有脉搏
He's dead.
他已经死了
Oh, he was fine a few hours ago.
他几个小时前还好好的
Get me the desk officer.
把这的警务官叫来
I want to know what went on in here this morning.
我要了解一下今早的事情经过
I need you to take a step back.
请你立刻后退一步
You should quarantine the prisoners and anyone else
你必须立刻隔离所有
who's been in contact with him to a different location.
和他有过接触的囚犯和其他人
What's going on? I won't know for sure
怎么回事,我还不能确定
until the M.E. runs a few tests,
需要等法医鉴定的结果
but that fluid draining from his mouth is a mixture of
但从他嘴里流出的液体
necrotic tissue and blood.
是坏死组织和血液的混合物
First blush, I'd say he died from anthrax.
我初步判断,他死于炭疽热
So, is this the file of the man who succumbed to the anthrax?
这是那个死于炭疽热的人的资料吗
None of us were exposed, in case you were wondering.
未免你担心,我们都没有感染
My lack of wonder comes not from an absence of concern,
我不担心不是因为对你们漠不关心
but from the obviousness of the answer.
是因为答案显而易见
And the rest of your men?
你的其他手下呢
So far, everyone's clean.
目前无人感染
Even though it isn't contagious, we had to
不过就算没有传染
evacuate the precinct until we know
我们在确认死者是在别处感染之前
for sure that the victim was exposed elsewhere.
必须疏散警局里所有的人
Victim being Apollo Mercer.
死者名叫阿波罗·默瑟
Several priors for grand larceny, possession of cocaine.
有好几次重大盗窃和非法持有可卡因的前科
Chased down for pickpocketing in Union Square.
因为在联合广场行窃被抓
The M.E. just sent some preliminary findings.
法医刚刚送来了初步检测结果
A small, torn plastic bag was found
在死者消化系统内
in the victim's digestive tract.
发现一个破裂的小塑料袋
Lab work on the bag found traces of powderized anthrax.
袋子上检测出有粉末状炭疽菌的痕迹
Well, I guess we know how he got exposed.
看来那是他的感染源
And why he died so quickly.
也知道了为什么他死得这么快
Once that bag ruptured, the anthrax would have gone directly
一旦袋子破裂,炭疽菌立刻会进入
into the mucosal tissues of his GI system.
他的胃肠道粘膜组织
Well, the question is, where did he get it?
问题是他从哪得到的病菌
I didn't see anything about any terrorist ties
我没发现他的犯罪前科
in his criminal history.
和恐怖主义有什么关系
It's more likely he acquired the bag from one of his marks,
很有可能他从别人手里偷来了这个袋子
assumed the powder was cocaine.
以为里面的粉末是可卡因
And once the police gave chase, he swallowed it.
警察抓他的时候,他把袋子吞了下去
Or he didn't want the cops to catch him with anthrax.
又或者他不让警察发现他身上带着炭疽菌
Seems unlikely he would have knowingly swallowed
他应该不可能在知情的情况下
a biological terror agent.
吞下生物恐怖袭击药剂
Especially since his priors suggest
更何况他有嗑药前科
he had a drug problem, not an anthrax problem.
而不是炭疽前科
If you're right,
如果你说得对
we need to find out who he stole it from.
我们得找出他是从谁身上偷走的病菌
Pull this morning's security footage from Union Square.
调出今早联合广场的监控录像
All of it.
全部都要
I'll make sure you two get copies.
我会复制一份给你们
All right, anthrax is in New York again.
炭疽热重现纽约
The first time it happened, in 2001,
它第一次出现是2001年
I was a doctor.
当时我还是医生
All of my patients were panicking.
所有病人都非常恐慌
Anyone with a cough thought they had it.
有人咳嗽一声,都会被怀疑感染
People were hoarding Cipro, just in case.
人们囤积环丙贝特片,以防万一
"Save the Sumatran Orangutan"
"拯救苏门答腊猩猩"
Mr. Mercer's fictional charity.
默瑟先生虚构的慈善活动
He told his marks he was collecting donations,
他告诉他的下手对象他在募集捐款
all the while, using his clipboard
用他的写字板
to conceal the hand he was using to rob them.
来遮掩用来偷窃的手
Apollo bumps into someone here.
阿波罗在这里撞到一个人
Maybe that's when he stole the anthrax.
也许是这时偷走的炭疽菌
Since that move, known as "glad-handing," is used solely
那个动作,叫做"热情伸手"
for removing a watch from a wrist,
是专门用来从手腕上顺走手表的
no, that is not when he stole the anthrax.
他不是这时候偷的炭疽菌
Did something happen this morning?
今早发生了什么事吗
A man rotted from the inside out. Pay attention.
有人被病菌侵蚀,别开小差
I mean with Alistair.
我是说阿里斯泰尔
These screens are too small for my purposes.
屏幕太小了
I'm adjourning to the media room.
我换到多媒体室去看
This is what I'm talking about.
我想说的就是这个
You've been in a mood since you got back from breakfast.
你吃完早餐回来就心情不好
Actually, I had to forego our breakfast.
其实我早餐没吃成
On account of...? Alistair being dead.
为什么,阿里斯泰尔死了
What?
什么
I arrived first, which was unusual.
我先到了,这本就不寻常
After 20 minutes, I began to think I got the date wrong,
二十分钟后我开始怀疑自己记错了日期
so I called his cell phone.
所以我打了他的手机
His partner, Ian, answered,
他的男友伊恩接了电话
and, uh, told me that Alistair passed away a week ago.
并告诉我阿里斯泰尔在一周前就去世了
Sherlock, I'm so sorry. What happened?
夏洛克,我很遗憾,怎么回事
Heart attack. Quite a massive one, apparently.
心脏病突发,显然是很致命的那种
So he went pretty quickly.
他很快就去世了
Unfortunately, I missed the, uh, funeral.
不幸的是,我还错过了葬礼
I told Ian I'd go 'round tomorrow, pay my respects.
我告诉伊恩,明天会去登门拜访
Are you okay? You want to talk? No.
你还好吗,需要谈谈吗,不
Look here.
看这儿
Yes, our Mr. Mercer is a flimper of quite extraordinary talent.
默瑟先生真是精于此道
He just lifted something out of this man's breast pocket.
他刚刚从一个人的胸袋里偷了件东西
A wallet?
一个钱包吗
Mm, the police have already accounted
警方已经找到了
for all the wallets Mr. Mercer stole this morning.
默瑟先生今天早上偷的所有钱包
And none of them was from anyone fitting that description.
没有一个符合那个外形
According to this,
根据这个
Mercer dumped a watch,
默瑟顺了一块手表
bracelet, a smart phone and...
一件手镯,一部智能手机
a hard sunglasses case.
一个硬太阳眼镜盒
That is something that you could keep in your breast pocket.
那正是可以放在胸袋里的东西
No sunglasses were recovered, just the case.
没有找到太阳眼镜,只有盒子
Perhaps it was being used to protect
也许盒子是在运输途中
a dangerous biological weapon during transport.
用于保护危险的化学武器
I would say that we've just had our first look
我觉得我们找到了
at our anthrax courier, but we still face
那个携带炭疽菌的人
the considerable task of identifying him.
但想要鉴别他的身份还很困难
Actually, it may not be that considerable after all.
可能并没有那么困难
I recognize that man from some of the footage I was reviewing.
我在之前的录像镜头里看到过他
I think I saw...
我想我看到过
Yes, he bought a cup of coffee, right there.
对,他在这里买了一杯咖啡
Paid for it with an app on his phone.
用手机软件付了钱
We may not know his identity, but that coffee truck will.
我们还不知道他的身份,但咖啡车知道
The name is Charlie Simon.
他名叫查理·西蒙
Lives right up here.
就住在这里
Did two years at Allenwood for stealing equipment
曾因为在哥伦比亚大学医学院的实验室
from a lab at Columbia Medical School.
偷窃器材而在艾伦伍德监狱服刑两年
He'd been working there as a tech.
他曾是那儿的技术人员
That's interesting.
非常有趣
Most major universities keep samples
很多着名大学会因为实验目的
of anthrax for research purposes.
保留炭疽热样本
You think the stuff
你认为那个小偷
that pickpocket swallowed came from Columbia?
吞下去的东西来自哥伦比亚大学
You could never steal that amount of anthrax
没人能在旁人毫不知情的情况下
without someone noticing it was gone from a secure lab.
从看管严密的实验室里偷取这么多的病毒
But given Mr. Simon's background, all he would need
但鉴于西蒙的能力,他只需要炭疽芽孢
is a spore and a lab to start growing his own.
和一个实验室就能培养出更多
I'm guessing it's the kind of lab
我猜就是那种
he could set up in his house?
在家也能建造的实验室
Like I said, Charlie's not here.
我说过,查理现在不在
I don't think he came home last night.
我觉得他昨晚没有回来过
How do you and Mr. Simon know each other?
你和西蒙先生是怎么认识的
We don't.
我们不认识
I mean, not really. We're just roommates.
我是说我们不熟,我们只是室友
My parents bought this place,
我父母买了这栋房子
but I got to cover the mortgage,
但我得付房贷
so I put an ad online about the room.
所以我就在网上登了租房广告
He was the first person who answered.
他是第一个给我回应的人
Did you know he was an ex-con
你同意和他一起住之前
when you asked him to live with you?
知道他曾有前科吗
People make mistakes, right? They deserve second chances.
人孰无过嘛,他们需要第二次机会
Just 'cause a guy did a little time doesn't mean
他曾服过刑不代表
he can't be a good roommate.
他无法成为一个好室友
His walks are a little weird,
他的散步时间有些诡异
but nothing I can't live with.
但没什么大不了的
His walks?
散步时间
He takes three or four every night.
每天晚上至少出门三到四次
Half an hour each time, like clockwork.
每次半个小时,分秒不差
Always comes back smelling like antiseptic or something.
回来之后总是闻上去有消毒水的味道
Like that stuff you put on your hands.
就像洗手时用的那种东西
And you're sure he was walking, not driving?
你确定他是徒步,不是开车
Positive. He doesn't have a car.
没错,他没有车
You gonna tell me what this is all about or what?
你能告诉我这是怎么一回事吗
If Charlie Simon has a lab, it's not in there.
要是查理真有一个实验室,也不在这里
Lab?
实验室
We have reason to believe your roommate was involved
我们认为你的室友
in an anthrax death that occurred
和今早发生在我们辖区的
at our precinct earlier today.
一起炭疽热死亡案有关系
Did Charlie ever express any extreme political views,
查理是否表达过极端的政治观点
any terrorist leanings?
或者恐怖分子的倾向
No, never.
不,从来没有
He-he bitched about his ex-wife a lot,
他总是发他前妻的牢骚
all the alimony he was paying, but...
和他付的那些抚养费,但是
Could you excuse me?
能失陪一下吗
I got to call my mom and dad.
我得和爸妈打个电话
Charlie's lab must be within walking distance of this place.
查理的实验室肯定在这里的徒步范围内
Anthrax requires frequent monitoring during the growth cycle.
生长周期内的炭疽菌需要定时照看
So you think his walks were less about stretching his legs
你认为他散步更多的不是为了活动腿脚
and more about tending to his spores.
而是为了照顾他的炭疽芽孢
Well, if he smelled like antiseptic,
如果他闻起来有消毒水的味道
he was probably disinfecting himself
他很有可能是在离开实验室的时候
before he left the lab.
对自己进行消毒
So, once he was there, how long do you estimate
如果他在实验室,你觉得他需要多久
it would take him to assess the spores' progress?
来完成对炭疽芽孢的评估
I'd say no more than ten minutes.
我认为不到十分钟
Making his travel time in each direction also ten minutes.
那他来回也各需要十分钟
How tall is Mr. Simon? Five-eleven.
西蒙先生有多高,一米七
Right. So, the average stride length
这种身高的人
for a man of that height is 1.8 meters.
平均步长是一点八米
An average of 107 steps a minute
每分钟平均一百零七步
gives us a search radius of just over half a mile.
因此我们的搜索半径是八百米左右
Now, given Mr. Simon's financial woes,
鉴于西蒙先生财政拮据
an entire additional domicile seems unlikely,
他不可能再有一处永久住宅
so we're looking for a non-residential place
我们要找的是一处非住宅建筑
which would offer privacy and security.
且同时具备私密性和安全性
All right, we'll pull a list together, get a canvas started.
好,我们会汇总名单,逐一排查
Before we do that, you might want to check out Charlie Simon's
在那之前,你们可能会想先检查一下
storage unit he was renting.
查理·西蒙租的储物间
It's right down the street.
就在这条街上
Team One... I think we found the lab.
一队,我想我们发现了实验室
Oddly, I find myself hoping
很奇怪,我倒希望
that Charlie Simon was just planning to kill his ex-wife.
查理·西蒙只是单纯地想谋杀前妻
If he was, then the bag which killed Apollo Mercer
如果是那样,杀死阿波罗·默瑟的包内
may represent the grand total of his efforts.
就是他的全部成果了
Team One, we've got a body.
一队,发现一具尸体
So much for asking Charlie Simon how much anthrax he made.
没法质问查理·西蒙造了多少炭疽菌了
So far, no powder.
目前为止,没有发现粉末
Captain, might we get another look at those trays, please?
队长,请让我们再看看那些托盘
They're all stained red.
它们都被染成了红色
That's because until recently they contained sheep's blood agar.
那是因为直到最近它们一直装着羊血琼脂
It is considered the best growth medium
那被认为是炭疽芽孢
for anthrax spores.
最好的生长介质
But there must be over
这里肯定有超过
a hundred empty trays.
一百个空托盘
This lab produced enough anthrax to fill thousands of bags
这个实验室里生产了足够的炭疽菌来装满
like the one which killed Apollo Mercer.
上千袋杀死了阿波罗·默瑟那样的包裹
And it's all gone.
而现在东西全没了
As you all know, our stationhouse
你们已经知道了,我们警局
has been declared anthrax-free.
已经被证明没有炭疽威胁
Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for our city.
不幸的是,我们的城市可能有威胁
That's because we believe that Charlie Simon
因为我们相信查理·西蒙
produced over 40 pounds of weaponized anthrax.
生产了超过四十磅的武器级炭疽菌
That's enough to infect half a million people.
那足够感染五十万人口了
And it's all missing.
而且全部下落不明
Now, CSU found two sets of fingerprints
犯罪现场调查组在储物柜里
in the storage locker.
发现了两组指纹
One was Simon's,
一个是西蒙的
and the other one belonged to this man,
另一个是这个人的
Eugene MacIntosh.
尤金·麦金托什
Eugene did three years in Allenwood after he assaulted a census worker.
尤金曾因为袭击人口普查人员在艾伦伍德监狱待了三年
Apparently, he and Charlie were close in prison.
显然他和查理在监狱时很亲近
Unlike Charlie, Eugene has definite radical leanings.
跟查理不同,尤金有明显的激进倾向
He's associated with a gang of extremists These guys hate the government, including the NYPD.
他和一群叫做领袖军的
But they're big fans
他们崇尚暴力
of violence and the Second Amendment.
是第二修正案的狂热支持者
So we should all tread carefully.
所以我们都应该谨慎行事
Finding Eugene MacIntosh is our best shot
找到尤金·麦金托什是我们追踪炭疽的
at tracking the anthrax-- but like Detective Bell said,
最好机会,但正如贝尔警探所说
he should be considered armed and dangerous.
应该认为他很危险并配有武器
We believe he is responsible for the killing of Charlie Simon.
我们相信他应该对谋杀查理·西蒙负责
All right.
就这样吧
Do you mind telling me where Holmes wandered off to?
你能告诉我福尔摩斯到哪溜达去了吗
He had some personal business he had to attend to.
他有些私事需要亲自去处理
More important than a would-be terrorist
比潜在的四十磅炭疽的
with 40 pounds of anthrax?
恐怖袭击还重要
It's personal.
是私事
Said he was gonna join us later. Okay.
他说会晚点和我们汇合的,好吧
MacIntosh has a brother named Bart
麦金托什有位叫巴特的弟弟
who owns a dairy farm upstate.
在州北部经营一家奶牛场
Bell's gonna take a ride and go see him.
贝尔会驾车去见见他
I'd like you to join him.
我想让你和他一起
Sure.
好的
Sherlock.
夏洛克
Ian.
伊恩
My condolences for your loss.
请节哀顺变
Please, come in.
请进
I'm sorry I didn't get in touch when Alistair passed.
很抱歉阿里斯泰尔过世时我没有联系你
I know you were friends for a very long time.
我知道你们是很久的朋友了
Yes.
是的
A privilege which afforded me a view of his life before
很荣幸我能了解到他在遇到你
and after he met you.
前后的生活情况
You made him very happy... Ian.
你让他非常开心,伊恩
Before I forget...
趁我还没忘记
I've got something...
我有东西给你
Here it is.
在这里
First edition.
第一版
Signed.
签过名的
The first play you ever saw Alistair in,
如果我没搞错的话,这是你
if I'm not mistaken.
阿里斯泰尔参演的第一部戏
His Vladimir was quite riveting.
他演的弗拉迪米尔十分引人入胜
He would want you to have it.
他会希望你留着它的
Thank you.
谢谢你
You have questions, I can tell.
我能感觉出来,你有问题要问
It had been a month since I'd seen him, so...
距离我上次见他已经有一个月时间了
how was he?
他那时怎么样
He was happy.
他很开心
Pink of health.
健康极了
Just finished rehearsing for a new production.
刚结束一部新作的彩排
A small theater but a big role.
剧场不大但角色很重要
He was looking forward to being back on the boards.
他很期待重返舞台
Nothing unusual?
没什么不正常的吗
No.
没有
What about Jeremy?
那杰米怎么样了
What about Jeremy?
杰米怎么样
Well, had you seen him recently?
你最近有见过他吗
You know how it was between them.
你知道他们之间的事
Yes, I do.
是的,我知道
That's why I'm asking.
所以我才问的
They had dinner about a week ago.
大概一周前他们一起吃过晚餐
And...?
然后呢
Alistair didn't talk about it.
阿里斯泰尔没提这事
Which is hardly unusual.
这也很正常
What are you getting at, Sherlock?
夏洛克,你想表达什么
I'm having trouble reconciling Alistair's passing
我难以接受阿里斯泰尔的离世
with his...
鉴于他的
his vitality.
他的活力
His joie de vivre.
他的生活之乐
I mean, I can't help but wonder
我忍不住在想
if there's more to this...
事情的真相是否
than meets the eye.
并非如此
I swear, my brother may be
我发誓,我哥哥可能是
the stupidest smart person I've ever met.
我见过的最蠢的聪明人
In high school, he's the one who got straight A's.
高中时,他的成绩一直是A
He aced his S.A.T.s.
他的SAT考试成绩优异(美国学术能力评估测验)
Then he gets mixed up with those
后来他和那些领袖军的蠢货们
Sovereign Army idiots; ends up in prison.
搞在了一起,进了监狱
And now you're telling me
现在你们告诉我说
he's doing it again. Well, it looks that way,
他又犯事了,看起来是这样
but we'd like to get his side of the story.
但我们想听听他怎么说
Well, I'm sorry, but I haven't seen him in almost a month.
很抱歉,我差不多有一个月没见过他了
Every time he comes by here, we just end up arguing.
每次他来这里,我们都以争吵收场
About what?
为什么吵
Name it.
什么都有
Football, church, the color of the grass.
橄榄球,教堂,草地的颜色
He hates that I take money from the government
他讨厌我从政府领钱
to keep this place running.
来维持这里的运营
Doesn't matter to him that our dad
他不在乎我们的父亲
worked this place till the day he died.
直到死都工作在这里
Doesn't matter that I'm this close to going under.
也不在乎我差这么一点儿就要破产了
That must be very hard for you.
对你来说一定很艰难
He even has a problem with our mother
他甚至对我们的母亲
taking Social Security and Medicare.
领社保医保都有意见
Never mind that he can't be bothered to make the
更别说他连开车四十分钟
40-minute drive to go visit her at her house. Mr. MacIntosh,
去她家看望她都不愿意,麦金托什先生
do you have any idea where we might find Eugene?
你知道我们在哪儿能找到尤金吗
I told you, I haven't seen him in a month.
我告诉过你了,我有一个月没有见过他了
Detective Bell didn't ask if you've seen Eugene,
贝尔警探没问你有没有见过尤金
he asked if you know where we can find him.
他是问你是否知道我们在哪能找到他
Mr. MacIntosh...
麦金托什先生
Me and Eugene might not see eye to eye on a lot of things,
我和尤金对很多东西的看法都不同
but he's still my brother.
但他始终是我哥哥
When Eugene went to prison that first time,
尤金第一次入狱的时候
it almost killed my mom.
我妈妈悲痛欲绝
Can you blame me for not wanting to be
所以我不想再把他送进监狱
the one who sends him back there?
也算情有可原吧
You brother might be involved in a plot
你的哥哥可能涉及了一起
that could hurt a lot of innocent people.
会伤害很多无辜之人的阴谋
If he succeeds, how will your mother feel about that?
如果他得逞,你的母亲会作何感想
Watson.
华生
Hey. Marcus and I are on our way back from talking
马库斯和我刚跟尤金·麦金托什的弟弟谈完话
to Eugene MacIntosh's brother.
现在正在回来的路上
He gave us the address to a house in Cambria Heights.
他给了我们一个位于坎布瑞亚高地的地址
He thinks that Eugene and his Sovereign Army buddies
他觉得尤金和他的领袖军弟兄们
crash there sometimes.
有时会在那里过夜
1313 Linden. Well, as luck would have it,
林登路1313号,真走运
I'm already in Queens. I could be there in 15 minutes.
我已经在皇后区了,15分钟内就可以赶到那里
Then you'll beat ESU. They're mobilizing right now.
那你比急勤小组还快,他们正要出动
Gave us an ETA of a half an hour.
跟我们说大概半个小时抵达
Well, I'll keep an eye on the place,
那我就盯着那个地方
and I'll await their arrival and yours.
等着他们和你们过来
Hey, how did it go with Ian today?
伊恩今天情况怎么样
I'll see you soon, Watson.
一会儿见,华生
You don't look well, Sherlock.
你看起来不太好,夏洛克
Well, it's no thanks to you.
跟你没关系
Rough week?
这周过得不顺吗
Certainly no rougher than yours.
肯定比你好
Had I known I was gonna die, I'd have pulled up our breakfast.
如果我知道我快死了,我会取消早餐的
You mustn't be mad, Sherlock.
你别这么生气,夏洛克
I'll be whatever I like, thanks very much.
我想怎样就怎样,谢谢你关心
So...
那么
who are we watching for?
我们在盯谁呢
A thief? A forger?
小偷,伪造者
A murderer most foul?
最恶毒的谋杀犯
"We" are watching for no one.
"我们"谁都不盯
You're not even here.
你甚至都不在这儿
Aren't I?
我不在吗
Those cases... are they what you're looking for?
那些箱子,你就是在找那些吗
It's impossible to tell.
这可没办法知道
No, no, wait. It's not.
不,等等,有办法
Uh, Sherlock...
夏洛克
Hey! You just made the worst mistake of your life.
你刚刚犯下了人生中最大的错误
Hey. We're en route.
我们正在路上
ESU should be there in five minutes.
急勤小组五分钟之后抵达
Please advise them to wear HAZMAT gear.
请让他们穿上危险品防护装备
Why?
为什么
I think I've found the missing anthrax.
我想我找到丢失的炭疽菌了
For the last time, I've not been exposed to anthrax.
最后说一次,我没有接触炭疽菌
Watson, you're a doctor. Examine me. Tell her I'm fine.
华生,你是医生,检查我,告诉她我没事
What are you talking about? You said on the phone
你在说什么呢,你在电话里说
that you were covered in powder.
你浑身都是粉末
I did, and I was. But that was before
我的确说过我浑身都是粉末,但后来
I was able to properly assess it, and upon tasting it...
我冷静下来,尝了粉末之后
You tasted the anthrax?
你尝了炭疽菌
Upon tasting it, I realized it was a harmless blend
我尝了之后,才发现那只是无害的
of talcum powder and baby laxative.
爽身粉和婴儿泻药的混合物
But no one here will listen to me!
但这里的人都不听我的
I'm sorry I didn't inform you sooner.
我很抱歉没有早点告诉你
It's just a team of HAZMAT-suited idiots confiscated my phone,
只是有一队穿着防化服的白痴没收了我的手机
and my coat and my trousers.
还有我的外套和我的裤子
Feel free to express your jubilation at any time.
你可以随时表达你的喜悦之情
Do you want to tell me why you thought it was
你是否打算告诉我为什么你觉得
a good idea to break into that truck alone?
独自闯入那辆卡车是个好主意呢
As I told you, I saw two suspicious men carrying suspicious boxes
我跟你说了,我看到两个可疑的人把可疑的箱子
into a suspicious truck. I feared it was the anthrax
搬进一辆可疑的卡车里,我怕那就是炭疽菌
and that they might abscond with it.
他们可能会带着它跑掉
And I told you that ESU was moments away.
我也跟你说了,急勤小组很快就到
All you had to do was take down the license plate.
你只需要记下车牌号就行了
Look, I'm fine, but you're still carrying on as if I'm not.
我没事,但你搞得就好像我有事一样
Okay, you are obviously not fine, and if I had to guess,
你显然有事,而且如果要我猜的话
it has to do with Alistair.
跟阿里斯泰尔有关
He died. It's sad.
他死了,真叫人难过
End of discussion.
话题到此为止
The lab did a rush on that powder.
实验室火速分析了那些粉末
You were right--it isn't anthrax.
你说得对,不是炭疽菌
I know. Does this mean I'm released from quarantine?
我知道,是不是我可以解除隔离了
I'll square it with the hospital.
我会与医院去协调的
But what I would really welcome
但其实我更想知道的是
is the actual whereabouts of Eugene MacIntosh or the actual anthrax.
尤金·麦金托什或真正的炭疽菌在哪里
Actually, Captain, I'm quite convinced that
警探,实际上,我确信
we can start treating those two targets as one.
我们可以将这两个目标合二为一
I think that Eugene is still in possession of the anthrax,
我认为炭疽菌还在尤金手上
and I've got a notion as to how we can find him.
而且我也想到如何能找到他了
But first, trousers.
但首先,给我裤子
My name... is Joe.
我的名字叫做乔
Bey.
Well, according to your rap sheet, it's Kurt.
根据你的前科档案,应该是科特
Greenlee.
格林李
Kurt Greenlee is a slave name issued to me by a corporate entity.
科特·格林李是一家公司给我的奴隶名
I don't recognize the U.S. Government, so stop saying it.
我不承认美国政府,所以别说那个名字了
Call me Joe Bey.
叫我乔·贝
Mr. Bey, we know that Eugene MacIntosh is an associate of yours.
贝先生,我们知道尤金·麦金托什是你的同伴
If you say so.
随你怎么说
Actually, I don't; his brother does.
实际上,不是我说的,是他弟弟说的
Doesn't mean I'm gonna help you find him.
那也不代表我会帮你们找到他
We seized the contents of your rental truck,
我们查封了你租来的卡车里的物品
including the envelopes you had ready for anthrax,
包括你准备用来装炭疽菌的信封
all 500 hundred of them, addressed to...
一共有五百封,准备寄给
government officials.
政府官员
Yeah, I was gonna write some letters
没错,我是写了一些信
to some so-called congressmen.
给所谓的议员们
Last I checked, that's still legal.
据我所知,那是合法的
And I don't have any anthrax.
而且我没有任何炭疽菌
You just ran a whole mess of tests proving that.
你们已经搞了一大通检验证明了这一点
Just some jars of harmless white powder, also totally legal.
只是几罐无害的白色粉末,这也完全合法
Tax evasion isn't legal.
逃税可不合法
Possession of guns with rubbed-off serial numbers isn't legal.
持有擦掉了序列号的枪也不合法
You're looking at serious jail time.
你正面临严重的牢狱之灾
I'd rather serve every minute than play ball with a...
我可不愿意把时间浪费在
bunch of government stooges.
一帮政府走狗身上
You're quite a high-ranking officer in your little...
你在你们的小军队里面身居高位
army, are you not?
对吗
I'd even venture that you were in charge of the plan
我甚至敢打赌就是你在负责这个
to send anthrax to the government.
把炭疽菌寄给政府的计划
Like I said before, what anthrax?
就像我之前说的,什么炭疽菌
Right. You were never in possession of actual anthrax.
没错,你从来就没拥有过真正的炭疽菌
Though you are forgetting I was there
但是你忘了,今晚你苏醒的时候
when you regained consciousness tonight.
我就在现场
And when you realized
当你发现
that you'd been exposed to this harmless white powder,
你接触到了这些无害的白色粉末时
you panicked.
你慌了
You attempted to wipe it from your skin and from your clothes.
你试图把那粉末从你皮肤上,衣服上擦干净
You thought it was real.
你以为那是真的
We know that Charlie Simon made legitimate,
我们知道查理·西蒙做了真的
lethal anthrax-- someone paid him to do that,
致命的炭疽菌,有人花钱雇他做的
paid for his lab.
还付钱建了他的实验室
We went over Eugene's financial records today.
我们今天查了尤金的财务记录
he never had that kind of money.
他没有那么大一笔钱
You, on the other hand,
而你
ran a very successful, if unpermitted, bar.
经营一家非常成功不知道有没有执照的酒吧
And I hear from the feds
我听联调局说
you're the kind of guy who's always looking to invest in...
你是那种总是伺机投资
worthy causes.
值得投资的项目的人
Poisoning a bunch of politicians, for example.
比如毒害一帮政客
Eugene fleeced you.
尤金骗了你
He sold you fake anthrax,
他卖给你假的炭疽菌
and he kept the genuine article for himself.
把真的自己留着了
Now, we may be stooges, Mr. Bey,
我们或许是走狗,贝先生
but we are in a position to punish him
但我们可以惩罚他
and you are not.
你不行
So...
所以
are you sure you don't want to help us?
你确定你不想帮我们吗
Captain Gregson.
格雷森警监
Eugene MacIntosh just responded to that e-mail Joe Bey sent.
尤金·麦金托什刚刚回复了乔·贝发的邮件
The meet is on for tomorrow at noon.
明天中午见面
That's great.
太好了
It will be if we can grab him and the anthrax.
如果我们能抓住他找到炭疽菌就会很好
I mean, we know what Joe Bey had in plans for the stuff.
我们知道乔·贝对这细菌有什么计划
But MacIntosh... no one has a clue.
但是麦金托什有什么计划就没人知道了
On the plus side, we know why charlie Simon had that baggie on him
另外,我们知道查理·西蒙被偷那晚
the night his pocket got picked.
他带着那小袋子干什么了
Joe Bey said he wanted to take it for a test-drive, use it on a few animals,
乔·贝说他想要在几个动物身上试验一下
see how fast it worked.
看起效有多快
Lovely.
真不错
Do me a favor and catch your partner up.
帮我个忙,跟你搭档说一说
I called him, but he didn't pick up.
我给他打电话了,但他不接
Yes, I will.
好的
He went to the boxing gym the second we got home.
我们一回家他就去拳击馆了
I think he needed some time for himself.
我想他需要点私人时间
Well, he and I are still gonna have a little talk
我还是要跟他谈谈
about that stunt he pulled today.
他今天搞的那一场惊险事故
Feel free to tell him I said so.
你可以把我的话告诉他
Okay, I will.
好的
I'm looking for Sherlock Holmes.
我找夏洛克·福尔摩斯
He's not here right now.
他现在不在
Do you know when he'll be back?
你知道他什么时候能回来吗
I don't. I can give him a message.
不知道,我可以帮你留个口信
Tell him Jeremy came by.
告诉他杰米来过了
And tell him I don't appreciate him insinuating to Ian
我也对他向伊恩暗示
that I had anything to do with my dad's death.
我跟我爸爸的死有关很不满
Wait, you're Alistair's son?
等等,你是阿里斯泰尔的儿子
I was.
我曾经是
I don't understand.
我不明白
Sherlock said that your father died of a heart attack.
夏洛克说你父亲死于心脏病
Well, then he lied to you.
那他骗了你
Because that's not what happened.
因为事实不是这样
Morning.
If you haven't checked your e-mail recently,
以防你最近没查看你的邮箱
Detective Bell says he will notify us
贝尔警探说一拘留尤金·麦金托什
the moment Eugene MacIntosh is in custody.
就会告诉我们
I spoke to Captain Gregson last night.
我昨晚和格雷森警监通电话了
I'm up to speed.
进展我知道
When were you gonna tell me about Alistair?
阿里斯泰尔的事你打算什么时候告诉我
His son Jeremy came here last night.
他儿子杰米昨晚来了
He was upset about some things you said to Ian.
他对你和伊恩说的话很生气
I told you the truth.
我跟你说的是实话
Alistair's heart stopped beating.
阿里斯泰尔的心脏停止了跳动
Because of a heroin overdose, a massive heroin overdose.
因为海洛因过量,海洛因严重过量
I know that he was found with a needle in his arm. I know it all.
我知道他被发现手臂上有针眼,我什么都知道
Well, good for you.
很好
It must be nice, knowing it all. I myself do not.
什么都知道一定很好,我就不是都知道
You lied. Why?
你撒谎了,为什么
You were unaware of Alistair's history.
你不知道阿里斯泰尔的过去
In accordance with the traditions of the Program,
依照这种项目的传统
I felt obligated to protect his privacy.
我觉得有必要保护他的隐私
I don't believe you.
我不相信
Well, I don't care that you don't believe me.
我不在乎你信不信
Well, I do care that you almost got yourself killed last night.
我很在乎你昨晚差点把自己弄死
And I know that Jeremy cares that you left Ian wondering
我也知道杰米很在乎你让伊恩怀疑
if he was the reason why Alistair overdosed.
他是阿里斯泰尔吸毒过量的原因
Jeremy never forgave Alistair for leaving his mother.
杰米一直没原谅阿里斯泰尔离开了他的母亲
He went ten years without even speaking to the man.
他十年都没跟他父亲说过话
That's not really what's bothering you, right?
你并不是烦恼这个,是不是
As you know,
正如你所知
Alistair and I became friends when, uh....
阿里斯泰尔和我在...
when I was quite young.
在我很年轻是就成为了朋友
His addiction was a thing of the past.
他的毒瘾是过去的事
Mine was a thing of the future.
我的毒瘾是后来的事
I didn't even know about his difficulties until-until much later.
在很久之后我才知道他的困难
For the first decade of our relationship, we didn't discuss it.
我们认识的前十年,我们没有讨论过
When I began my own misadventures with chemical dependence,
当我开始吸毒的时候
he tried to warn me; I didn't listen.
他试图告诫我,但我没听
Nevertheless, he welcomed me with open arms
不管怎样,当我出现在纽约他的家门前时
when I showed up on his doorstep in New York,
他张开双臂欢迎了我
just brimming with opiates.
而我那时还嗜毒成性
He told me about that.
他跟我说过
Most recovering addicts would not have taken the risk.
大部分正在戒毒的人不会冒这个风险
He wasn't most addicts.
他不是大部分戒毒的人
He had 30 years under his belt. 30 years.
他戒毒成功了30年,30年
Can you even imagine...
你能想象...
I just wanted to know what it was.
我只是想知道到底是为什么
Was it... was it a fight? An affair?
是因为吵架,恋情
If I can identify the trigger, maybe...
如果我能找出刺激源,或许...
My rational brain tells me
我理智的大脑告诉我
that relapse is-is always a risk for any addict.
每个戒过毒的人都有可能复吸
Of course.
很正常
But his death is, um...
但他的死...
blindsided me.
让我出乎意料
And it bothers me that it bothers me.
这事让我很困扰
He was your friend.
他是你的朋友
Next month, I'll have two years sober.
下个月,我就戒毒两周年了
Alistair was sober for over three decades.
阿里斯泰尔戒毒三十多年了
You know, in time, I would have discussed this with you.
有时间我会跟你说的
Every bit of it.
所有的都告诉你
I just need to try and...
我只是需要努力...
It's Captain Gregson.
是格雷森警监
Captain.
警监
I thought you should know the meet is off.
我想应该告诉你们见面取消了
We found Eugene without Bey's help.
我们在没有贝帮忙的情况下找到了尤金
How?
怎么找到的
He showed up at his brother's dairy farm this morning.
他今早去了他弟弟的奶牛场
They fought and the brother ended up shooting him.
他们打了起来,他弟弟给了他一枪
Eugene is dead.
尤金死了
I shot my brother because I had to.
我不得已才朝我哥哥开了枪
He didn't leave me any choice.
他逼我的
The D.A. from your county seems to agree with you.
你那的地方检察官好像也是这样想的
You said he came to the farm around 3:00 A.M.?
你说他在凌晨三点多去的农场
The perimeter alarm went off.
周界警报响了
Uh, I got out of bed, grabbed my rifle,
我起了床,拿出了我的步枪
went out to take a look around.
出去想看个究竟
I found Eugene in the barn.
我在谷仓里发现了尤金
He was wearing goggles.
他戴着防护镜
He had a mask over his mouth, like, uh, doctors wear.
嘴上戴着口罩,就是医生那种
And he was dumping some kind of powder into the cattle feed.
他在向牛饲料里倒某种粉末
And I knew it was that anthrax you told me about.
我知道那就是你跟我说过的炭疽菌
Then what happened?
然后发生了什么
He wanted to infect the cows
他想感染牛群
so that their milk would infect anyone who drank it.
然后任何喝了牛奶的人都会被感染
I-I said we were talking about innocent people, kids.
我说那些可都是无辜的人和孩子们
I said, "Stop. I'm not gonna let you do this."
我说,住手,我不会让你这么做的
But he just ranted at me, like he always does.
但他只是冲我大吼大叫,他一直这样
Big government nonsense and...
政府高压统治什么的
I was a slave to the system.
说我是系统的奴隶
He went for his gun, and...
他伸手去拔枪,然后...
that's when I-I...
然后我就...
Is this the weapon you saw?
你看到的武器是这个吗
Ballistics identified it as the gun
弹道学证实,这正是三天前
used to kill Charlie Simon in his lab, three days ago.
在实验室中杀害查理·西蒙的枪
Looks like you did what you had to do.
看起来你是被逼无奈的
Before we let you go, Mr. MacIntosh,
在我们放你走之前,麦金托什先生
did your brother say anything about where
请问你的哥哥有没有提到过
the rest of the anthrax is?
剩下的炭疽菌在哪里
'Cause the Feds only got about 20 pounds at the farm,
因为联邦调查局在农场只找到了20磅
and we think he took twice that
而我们认为他从查理·西蒙那里
from Charlie Simon.
拿走了两倍的量
I don't know.
我不知道
Uh, he said something about friends up north
他说了些关于北方的朋友的事
and that ours wasn't the only government
说什么我们的政府不是唯一一个
that needed to be taught a lesson.
需要受到教训的
Another government, friends up north--
其他政府,北方的朋友
you got to figure Eugene was talking about Canada, right?
估计尤金说的应该是加拿大了吧
Well, antiestablishmentarianism
反现存社会体制观念
is hardly restricted to these colonies.
可不光是在美国有
I'll reach out to the FBI
我去通知联邦调查局
and the Canadian Intelligence Service,
还有加拿大情报部门
have them send files on every radical right-wing
让他们传一份关于东北地区
organization in the Northeast-- militias, hate groups,
激进右派组织,军队,仇恨组织的资料
quilting circles, if they fit the profile.
交叉比对,看看有没有符合的
Okay.
好了
I have been over my half of the files twice now.
我把我这一半翻了两遍
I cannot find anything that connects these groups
我找不到有什么组织能和
with Eugene MacIntosh or anthrax.
尤金·麦金托什还有炭疽菌扯上关系
What about you?
你那里呢
Actually, I haven't opened a single one.
实际上,我还没开始
Why not?
为什么
Eugene MacIntosh's rash.
尤金·麦金托什的皮疹
The ring finger of his left hand.
在他左手无名指上
Happens sometimes to newly married men.
新婚者常见现象
Not used to wearing a ring, dermatitis sets in.
因为不习惯戴戒指而出现了皮疹
But we've been over Eugene's background over a dozen times.
但是我们查过尤金背景很多次了
There is no record of any marriage.
里边没有什么婚姻记录
Not in New York, no.
不是在纽约的
But a review of state wedding registries
但是根据国家婚姻记录
reveals that he married a woman
显示出他与一位叫做
named Georgeanna Wheatley
乔治亚娜·维克丽的女人
several weeks ago in Delaware.
几周前在特拉华州结婚了
The paperwork is still making its way
文书报告还在
past the usual bureaucratic hurdles.
走官僚程序
I phoned the widow Wheatley over an hour ago,
我一小时前和寡妇维克丽通过电话
and she confirmed the marriage.
她确认了婚姻
But she also insisted that Eugene's antigovernment leanings
并且她坚称尤金的反政府倾向
were a thing of the past, that he had distanced himself
已经是过去时了,他在监狱时就
from the Sovereign Army and their philosophies
脱离了领袖军还有他们
while he was in prison.
所谓的人生观
That's interesting, I guess.
这挺有趣的
But obviously he was lying to her.
但是显然他在欺骗她
Not obviously, no.
也不一定的
She also confirmed that they were married by a justice of the peace
她同时确认了他们由地方法官主持婚礼
at a state courthouse. I ask you, Watson,
就在地方法院里,请问,华生
what self-respecting domestic terrorist
如此自负的国家恐怖主义者
allows the government
怎么会让政府
to play such a large role in his wedding?
在他婚姻中扮演这样重要的角色
Anwar al-Awlaki counseled 9/11 hijackers
安瓦尔·奥拉基提出了911劫持事件
and slept with prostitutes.
还和妓女睡觉
Hypocrisy happens.
虚伪无处不在
What about sudden stupidity? Does that also just happen?
突然脑抽呢,这是不是也会发生
According to his brother, Eugene was a very bright man.
据他弟弟说,尤金是个非常聪明的人
So why does a bright man abandon a sound, if derivative, plan
为什么一个聪明人不使用成熟的方法
to send anthrax through the mail
用邮件散布炭疽菌
in favor of poisoning dairy cows?
而是去毒害奶牛呢
His brother told us, Eugene wanted people to drink the milk.
他弟弟说了,尤金想让人喝到牛奶
Moronic. Any number of people could have discovered
愚蠢,有很多人能够在
the cows' infection before that milk made it to market--
牛奶进入市场前发现奶牛被下毒了
farmhands, inspectors, his brother.
农场工人,检察员,他弟弟
So he didn't want to infect people with anthrax the way
所以他没有用你的方式来让人们
that you would've. What does that have to do with...
感染炭疽热,这又有什么关系
I apologize.
我道歉
That didn't solve anything.
也没解决任何事啊
Weird, right?
奇怪吧
You know what else it won't solve? Alistair.
你知道还有什么不能解决吗,阿里斯泰尔
You know why he used drugs last week?
你知道他上周为什么吸毒吗
Because he was an addict, just like you.
因为他曾经是个瘾君子,就和你一样
I'm sorry he's gone, but his relapsing
很抱歉他走了,但是他的复发
doesn't change a thing for you; not one single thing.
对你不会有任何影响,一点也没有
You woke up today, you didn't use drugs, just like yesterday.
你今早起来没有吸毒,就和昨天一样
You know what you have to do tomorrow?
你知道明天你会做什么吗
Wake up and not use drugs.
醒来而没有吸毒
That is just how it is; that is how it's going to be.
事情就是这样,只会这么发展下去
Thank you. Are you quite finished telling me things I already know?
谢谢,你说完我早就知道的事了吗
Are you ready to start acting like you know them?
你准备好表现出知道的样子了吗
I've decided I'm quite ashamed of my behavior
我已经决定为过去几天的表现
over the last few days, all right?
感到羞愧了,好吗
I took the passing of a dear friend,
我经历了友人的去世
and I twisted it into an indulgence in narcissism.
然后扭曲成对自己自恋般的放纵
It's left me in a mood.
这事让我心情很不好
Alistair was a friend.
阿里斯泰尔是朋友
One of only a handful. And-and-and...
不多的朋友中的一个,并且
losing a member of such a select group
失去了如此重要的一个
has felt quite... substantial.
让人感觉,很沉重
My tantrum upset you, and I apologize.
我的脾气让你心烦了,我道歉
Again.
再一次的
But I assure you, I-I'm no closer to using
但我向你保证,我现在依然像
than I was yesterday,
昨天还有前天
or the day before that or the day before that.
以及前天的前天一样没有用那个的想法
If I was, I would tell you.
如果我有,我会告诉你的
Is that the captain? It's my mother.
是警监吗,是我妈妈
She just heard about some lunatic
她刚听说有疯子
trying to poison a bunch of dairy cows with anthrax.
想要用炭疽菌毒害一群奶牛
She want us to throw away all of our milk.
她想让我们扔掉所有牛奶
So now we know.
所以现在我们知道了
Your mother's not the only person succumbing to anthrax hysteria.
你妈妈不是唯一屈服于炭疽热癔症的人
According to the news, people all over the city
根据新闻报道,城市里的很多人
are discarding their dairy products,
都在丢弃奶制品
whether or not they originated at the MacIntoshes' farm.
不管它们是不是来自于麦金托什农场的
Seriously?
你也信
These expired a few days ago.
这些过期好几天了
Her text just reminded me. You know what?
是她的短信提醒了我,说真的
I feel sorry for that Bart MacIntosh.
巴特·麦金托什挺惨的
He said his farm was already on the ropes
他说农场已经遇到状况
and it wasn't doing well, and now this.
经营艰难,现在又出了这事
How unwell was it?
怎么艰难了
He said the only thing keeping it afloat
他说多亏有政府的补助
was subsidies from the government.
才让农场能勉强维系
Remind me to thank your mother next time I see her, will you?
记得提醒我,下次见到你母亲时要谢谢她
For what?
谢什么
Well, we made an assumption
当我们发现
when we realized that the anthrax was in Eugene MacIntosh's clutches.
炭疽菌在尤金·麦金托什手里时
That he wanted to kill people.
我们以为他想用来杀人
What if he didn't?
要是并非如此呢
What if he just wanted to kill... cows?
要是他只想杀死...奶牛呢
Go on ahead. I'll catch up.
你先去,我马上过来
Can I help you with something, Captain?
有什么能为你效劳的吗,警监
Yeah, actually, my colleague here
有,我的同事
was hoping to ask you a few questions
想问你几个问题
about livestock insurance.
关于家畜保险的
Yes, your own, specifically.
准确来说是你的保险
We've learned that you have exceedingly thorough coverage.
我们得知其覆盖范围异常之广
Each one of your 1,342 cows
1342头奶牛
is insured at full-market value?
全都以市场价格上了保险
Yeah, they're the farm's most valuable asset, so...
对,因为它们是农场最有价值的资产
$2,000 a head, right?
每头两千块,对吧
Give or take, yeah.
差不多
So if your entire herd were to be wiped out
那如果你所有的牛
by some kind of a... bovine holocaust,
因为某种原因全部死掉
you'd receive $2.68 million, give or take.
你将获得约两百六十八万元的赔款
You've enjoyed being a farmer, Mr. MacIntosh?
你喜欢当农场主吗,麦金托什先生
It's hard work, but... I wouldn't change it, yeah.
的确挺累的,但我不想改行做别的
Your father actually willed the farm to you and your brother,
其实你父亲把农场留给了你们兄弟俩
so you both stood to profit from the death of the herd.
所以如果家畜死亡你俩都能获利
No, wait a second.
等一下
I-If you're trying to say that Eugene was planning
如果你想说尤金是打算
to poison the cattle for the insurance...
毒死奶牛骗取保险的话...
Actually, we're saying that you both planned to poison the cattle.
其实我们是说,你们俩都打算这么做
I told you what he said the other night.
我告诉你们他那晚说的话了
I told you why he did what he did.
说过他这么做的原因
If we'd wanted to make money off the cows,
如果我们想靠奶牛赚钱
we just would've sold them.
卖掉它们不就好了
Well, selling livestock is, of course, a quite difficult process, isn't it?
贩卖家畜过程还是挺困难的,对吧
You've got inspections, auctions, transport--
需要检疫,拍卖,运输
all of these are expenses which would cut deeply into your payout.
所有这些花费都会降低你最后的收益
I mean, wiping out the herd in one go...
可一次性弄死所有牲畜
far more cost-effective.
性价比就高多了
Of course, that would require an illness that could wipe them all out
当然这需要一种能在其他人发现它们生病前
before anyone even knew they were sick.
就让其全部死掉的疾病
Anthrax certainly fits the bill.
炭疽热正好符合要求
It's only occasionally deadly to humans,
它对人类致死率低
almost always fatal to cows,
但对牲畜是绝对致命的
and it's naturally occurring in the feedlots
而且出现在奶牛场的饲养场
and soil of cattle farms.
和土壤中也很自然
Had it decimated your cows,
如果这病害死了你的牛
no one would've batted an eyelid.
没有人会怀疑
Your brother's time in prison came in handy.
你哥哥坐牢的经历派上了用场
Charlie Simon had been a lab tech--
查理·西蒙以前是个实验室技术员
he could make the anthrax.
他能做出炭疽菌
But even together, you and Eugene
但就算你跟尤金加在一起
didn't have the money to pay for him or the lab.
也没有足够的钱付给他或支撑实验室运作
So Eugene reached out to an old Army pal, Joe Bey.
于是尤金联系了他从前领袖军的旧友乔·贝
He agreed to bankroll the effort,
他同意提供资金
not realizing that your brother had outgrown his radical leanings.
却不知道你哥哥已经没有从前那么激进了
Eugene never intended to hand over the anthrax.
尤金从没打算要把炭疽菌交给他
And why would he? One anonymous phone call
他干嘛要交呢,匿名打给警方
to the police about Bey's plan to poison congressmen,
告发贝要向议员投毒的计划
he'd be out of the way.
贝就不会碍事了
It's quite a solid plan.
这计划非常周密
Until Charlie Simon crossed paths with a pickpocket.
直到查理·西蒙碰上了一个小偷
Next thing you know, anthrax is all over the news.
接下来,炭疽热的事就人尽皆知了
Detective Bell and I come up to your farm,
贝尔警探和我来到农场
so you decided to sacrifice your brother.
你便决定牺牲你哥哥
You talked about him as if he were still a radical,
你对他的形容显得他仍然十分激进
and you gave us the address to a place
然后你给我们那个地址
where you knew we would find Joe Bey.
知道我们一定能找到乔·贝
Meanwhile, you had Eugene bring you the anthrax,
同时,你让尤金把炭疽菌带来给你
and you killed him and made it look like
你杀了他,伪装成
he was trying to poison your herd.
他是要毒死牛群的样子
You hid the rest of the powder; you had to.
剩下的炭疽菌粉,你不得不藏起来
You still had a thousand cows to slay somewhere down the road.
毕竟之后你还有一千头牛要弄死呢
Question is, where did you hide it?
问题是,你把它藏在哪了呢
We know it's not here.
我们知道东西不在这里
The Feds and local police combed every inch of this place yesterday.
昨天联调局和当地警察已经把这里翻了个底朝天
This is such a crock.
简直是胡扯
I want you to leave now.
我请你们马上离开
Oh, we're leaving. Not without you.
我们当然会离开,不过要带上你
We went to your mom's house this morning with a warrant.
今早我们带着搜查令去了你妈妈家
Found these in her attic.
在阁楼上找到了这些
The lab confirmed it's the same anthrax we found at your farm.
化验结果表明这跟我们在你农场发现的炭疽菌一致
Well, Eugene must have hidden it there.
那肯定是尤金藏在那里的
But she told us he hasn't been there in a year.
但你妈妈说他一年都没去了
She said you stopped by last night and asked
而你昨晚过去
if you cold store a few things in the attic.
要求在阁楼里存放些东西
You didn't say what they were,
你没说那是什么
but you were very specific that she shouldn't touch them.
但却强调要你妈别碰它们
According to his wife, Eugene learned a few things in prison.
尤金妻子说,他在牢里学了些东西
Let's see how you fare.
看看你会怎样
Sherlock Holmes, when did you become such a cliche?
夏洛克·福尔摩斯,你什么时候也变得这么老套了
Standing over a grave, head heavy with dark thoughts.
站在坟墓前,耷拉着脑袋心事重重
If this were a scene in a play,
如果这是戏里的场景
I'd have refused to perform it.
我一定会拒绝演出
I was on my way to a meeting.
我本是要去参加互助会的
I'm supposed to speak, you know.
今天我要发言
Well, I thought this would be a good place to collect my thoughts.
觉得这里能让我好好整理一下思绪
I'm sorry I let you down.
抱歉我让你失望了
You didn't let me down.
你没让我失望
What you did has got nothing to do with me.
你的行为与我没有关系
I understand that.
这个我懂
Came here today because, um...
今天来这里是因为
...because I loved you very much.
因为我非常爱你
And I wanted you to know that you'll be missed.
我还想告诉你,我会想你的
"At me too someone is looking,
也有人在注视着我
"At me too...
也有人
"Someone is saying, he is sleeping...
在对我说,他睡着了
"He knows nothing...
他一无所知
let him sleep on."
让他继续睡吧

重点单词   查看全部解释    
grave [greiv]

想一想再看

n. 坟墓,墓穴
adj. 严肃的,严重的,庄

 
trousers ['trauzəz]

想一想再看

n. 裤子

 
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 
suspicious [səs'piʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 可疑的,多疑的

联想记忆
identified

想一想再看

adj. 被识别的;经鉴定的;被认同者 v. 鉴定(id

 
needle ['ni:dl]

想一想再看

n. 针
vt. 用针缝,激怒,嘲弄

 
contained [kən'teind]

想一想再看

adj. 泰然自若的,从容的;被控制的 v. 包含;遏制

 
conceal [kən'si:l]

想一想再看

vt. 隐藏,隐瞒,掩盖

 
privilege ['privilidʒ]

想一想再看

n. 特权,特别恩典,基本人权,荣幸
vt.

联想记忆
antiseptic [.ænti'septik]

想一想再看

n. 杀菌剂,防腐剂
adj. 杀菌的,防腐的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。