手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 初来乍到 > 初来乍到第一季 > 正文

初来乍到第一季(MP3+中英字幕):第12集 愉快童年

来源:可可英语 编辑:Vicki   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

I'm just afraid that macaroni art

我只是担心那份通心粉画作
could be offensive to our "I-talian" Families.
可能会对我们的意大利家庭有些无礼
I mean imagine how you'd feel you know
我的意思是,想象下你会有什么感觉
if I'd made some sort of bagel statue
如果我用百吉饼做了个雕像
you know?
你明白吗
Oh. Gotta go.
噢,我得挂了
Principal Thomas?
托马斯校长
Mr. And Mrs. Huang come in. Come in.
黄先生,黄太太,快请进,请进
We came as soon as we could.
我们已尽快赶过来了
Whatever Evan and Emery are in trouble for
无论埃文和埃默里惹上了什么麻烦
Eddie put them up to it.
一定是埃迪把他们拉下水的
Oh don't worry. Your boys aren't in trouble.
噢,别担心,你们的孩子没惹什么麻烦
Oh.
What a relief! Good!
那我就放心了,太棒了
You are.
是你们惹上麻烦了
What?! Why? What did we do?
什么,为什么,我们做了什么
It's what you haven't do.
是你们没做该做的事情
We've been looking through our records
我们一直在通过记录观察
and we noticed that you haven't volunteered
然后我们注意到你们没有自愿积极参加
for any extracurricular activities.
任何课外活动
Why... why would we do that?
我们为什么要做这个
Mrs. Huang our school budget has experienced major cutbacks.
黄太太,我们学校的预算遭到严重削减
We rely on parents to supervise our after-school programs.
只能通过学生家长来监督我们的课外项目
Well I'm sorry. We're busy with our own after-school programs.
好吧,我很抱歉,我们都忙于自己的课外项目
They're called jobs.
它们叫工作
Uh what my wife means is she has her real estate career
额,我妻子的意思是她还有她自己的房地产事业
and I have my steakhouse.
然后我还要忙自己的牛排餐厅
Look we can't volunteer.
听着,我们没法做志愿者
Is there anything else we can do?
还有什么我们可以做的吗
Well you can donate money.
嗯,你们还可以捐款
How do we volunteer? How do we volunteer?
义工怎么做,义工怎么做
Boys we've got great news.
孩子们,我们有个好消息
Where'd you get quesadillas?
你们从哪儿弄来的油炸玉米粉饼
You told me I couldn't use the oven
你跟我说过不能使用烤箱
but you never said anything about the iron.
但你从没说不能用熨斗
Both of your schools
你们的学校
are making your father and me mandatory volunteer.
都强制让你爸爸和我去做义工
I have to the boss of some costume show?
我还得去指挥一些服装展示表演
You're directing the school play.
你要去指导学校话剧表演
Oh. Oh yay!
欧耶
Me and Evan are in the play!
我和埃文都有参加话剧
You are? Why? You're not gonna become actors.
你们参加了,为什么,你们不会成为演员的
You think they're gonna put two Chinese boys on TV?
你们觉得他们会把两个中国男孩拍进电视里吗
Maybe if there's a nerdy friend
除非剧中有个书呆子朋友
or a magical thing where someone wanders into a Chinatown
或者太阳从西边出来,有星探来了唐人街
but no.
但这绝不可能
The play is fun.
那个剧很有趣
Let me tell you a story about fun.
让我来告诉你一个有趣的故事
Once there was a little girl and all she wanted
有个小女孩,她想要
was a sparkle time beauty horse.
一匹美丽时尚又耀眼的小马
The knockoff version of my little pony.
山寨版的小马宝莉
When you hugged them it burned
当你拥抱它们的时候,它会燃烧
but you played through that pain.
但你会痛并快乐地玩着
And one in every five had a human face.
每五个中间就有一个长着人脸
Did the little girl ever get one?
那个小女孩最后得到了吗
No she got something even better...
没有,她得到了更好的东西
a strong work ethic.
一个很强的职业道德心
She focused on her studies
她专注于她的学习
and became the first one in her family to go to college.
然后成为了家里第一个去上大学的人
Think about that.
仔细想想吧
What girl was she talking about?
她刚说的是哪个女孩
Connie Chung. Has to be Connie Chung.
宗毓华,一定是宗毓华
Who else is there?
还能有谁
Dad are you volunteering for the school play too?
爸爸,你做的也是学校话剧的义工吗
Nope I got a good one.
不,我得到了个更好的
I'm coaching Eddie's basketball team.
我担当埃迪篮球队的教练
Oh dope! We've never had a coach.
噢,酷毙了,我们从没有过教练
Trent's been wearing a tie
特伦特每次都打着领带
and putting his hands on his waist a lot
还把手插在腰间
but nobody's buying it.
但是没人理他
You bums!
你个吃闲饭的
I mentioned I played semi-pro basketball
我有提过我打过半专业的篮球比赛
back in Taiwan and they assigned it to me.
在台湾的时候,然后他们就把这个任务分配给我了
What?! You played hoops? You never told me that!
什么,你打过篮球,你从没跟我说过
No it was years ago. I didn't wanna brag.
陈年旧事了,我不想吹牛
But yeah.
不过,没错
I played point guard in the Mystic Tiger league.
我在神秘老虎联盟打过控球后卫
That is awesome!
真是太棒了
Are you gonna teach us how to play taiwanese-style basketball?
你会教我们怎么打台式篮球吗
Only way I know how.
只有我知道怎么打
Whoa.
哇哦
This... Is gonna be...
这将会
amazing.
屌爆了
Uhh! Aah!
呜啊,啊
Huh?
Huh? Whoa.
哼,哇啊
Aah!
Whoa. That certainly explains how he caught the apple.
哇,怪不得他刚刚能抓住苹果
Well I am so glad you are helping us out Jessica.
很高兴你能来帮助我们,杰西卡
Yes became mandatory. Yes.
没错,强制性的,没错
Oop! Looks like rehearsal has started.
噢,看起来像是彩排已经开始了
Oh. What am I seeing?
我这是看见了什么
It's called "The sunflower gang goes to Yumland."
叫做“进击美食王国的向日葵童党”
The kids love it.
孩子们喜欢这个
Every character has the same number of lines
每个角色都有着相同数量的台词
and all the world's cultures are equally represented.
公平地展现了世界各地的文化
We've been performing it for six years running...
我们连续排这部剧已经有六年了
without offending anyone
从不冒犯任何人
and that includes our "I-talian" Families.
其中也包括我们的意式家庭
Oh.
I'm gonna leave you here with the other directors.
我要走了,你和其他指导人留在这儿吧
Other directors?
其他指导人
Looking good Maurice.
表现很好,莫里斯
Damn you Tetris.
见鬼,这个俄罗斯方块
You have four other parents here. Why do you need me?
你有其他四位家长在这里,为什么还让我来
Diversity.
为了多样性
Plus when you're putting on a show
再说了,节目上演时
you can never have too many voices chiming in.
里面的多样性越多越好
The Mystic Tiger league?
神秘老虎联盟
Yeah man. Taiwanese-style ball.
是的,伙计,台式篮球
It's gonna be sick.
会让你惊艳的
If you think our team's good now wait till my dad shows up.
如果你认为我们现在还不错,那就等着见识一下我爸的厉害吧
Wait's over! Hi boys.
不用再等了,嗨,孩子们
I'm coach Huang your new...
我是黄教练,你们的新
coach.
教练
Dad teach us how to fly kick and dunk at the same time.
爸爸,教教我们怎么同时冲刺,反冲,然后扣篮吧
We'll get to that.
我们以后会学到这一块的
But for now everybody grab a partner.
但现在,每个人都找到一个伙伴
And line up across from each other.
然后两两面对面排成一队
Now this first drill is called the B.P. Dragon.
现在第一场训练叫做万龙之首
Awesome. Nice!
真棒,不错啊
I want you to bounce the ball to your partner...
我要你们拍球击地传给对方
Good. And they bounce the ball back.
很好,然后再把球传回去
And you keep doing that 200 times.
你们把这个反复练习两百遍
What is that? It's the bounce pass dragon
那是什么鬼,这是台式击地传球
faithful guardian of the passing lane.
忠诚守卫的传球路线
Dad can I talk to you?
爸爸,我能跟你谈一下吗
Uh sure.
额,当然
Uh go ahead and try some passes boys.
继续传球,孩子们
Remember thumbs down on the release
记住,大拇指朝下放
like you're helping a stubborn goat cross a bridge.
就像你在帮助一头顽固的的山羊过桥
I thought you were gonna teach us taiwanese-style ball.
我还以为你会教我们台式篮球
That's what I'm doing.
我正在教啊
That was taiwanese-style basketball?
那是台式篮球吗
Absolutely.
绝对是
When you play that far below the rim
打球打得烂没关系
it's all about fundamentals and teamwork.
全靠基础和团队精神
I thought you played in the Mystic Tiger league.
我还以为你在神秘老虎联盟里打球
I did. We were sponsored by Mystic Tiger cigarettes.
我打过啊,我们是由神秘老虎香烟赞助的
They advertised themselves as the breakfast cigarette.
他们的宣传是早餐香烟
Well we're not trying to learn bounce passes.
好吧,我们不想学习击地传球
We wanna look cool.
我们只想看起来帅气一点
Eddie basketball isn't about looking cool.
埃迪,打篮球不是为了耍帅
It's about being a good teammate.
你必须有团队合作意识
That'll help you in life as well.
这对你的人生也会有帮助的
I couldn't run Cattleman's Ranch without my team.
没有了团队,我的牧场牛排餐厅也办不起来
Trust me one day you'll thank me for this.
相信我,总有一天你会感谢我的
I told you Doug I'm the goggle guy.
要我说几次,道格,只能我一个人戴护目镜
You can be the wristband guy.
你戴腕套就行了
I don't wanna be the wristband guy!
我不想戴腕套
My wrists get hot!
手腕都热死了
Well we can't have two goggle guys on the team.
可一个队里不能有两个带护目镜的
How will people tell us apart?
不然其他人怎么分清我们
Take 'em off! No! No!
那你取下来,不要
Hey boys stop! You're on the same team!
嘿,别打了,你们可是一个队的
Dad let me handle this.
让我来吧,老爸
Fight! Fight!
加油,加油
Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
加油,加油,加油,加油
All feelings are valid!
所有的感觉都是真的
The early birds catches the hug!
早起的鸟儿有抱抱
What a waste of time.
真浪费时间
Can you imagine if we'd told our parents
你觉得你的父母会接受
we wanna do something like this?
你做这种事吗
My mother was supportive of my creative pursuits.
我母亲对我的创造力向来很支持
I actually did the temp track for the voice of the baby
我甚至还临时给《飞越童真》里的小宝宝
in "Look who's talking."
配过音呢
Kirstie Alley is crazy.
柯斯迪·艾黎太疯狂了
I mean my husband and I moved to this country
我和我丈夫搬到这儿来
to give our kids a better life not this nonsense.
是为了给孩子一个更好的未来,不是来闹笑话的
Do you think Tetris knows when you need an "I"
你觉得俄罗斯方块会不会知道你想的形状
and purposely doesn't give it to you?
但就是故意不给你
Dun-da-da-da
噔,噔,噔
Woof woof!
汪汪
Meow!
Aw hell no!
不是吧,我的妈啊
All right boys I got a surprise for you.
小伙子们,有个惊喜给你们
I ordered us new uniforms.
我订了新队服
Where's the rest of the shorts?
裤子怎么变短了
We don't need all the extra fabric
那些多余的布料
getting in the way of our footwork.
会扰乱我们脚法的
Come on out Dave!
出来吧,戴夫
Look how free his thighs are!
看他的大腿现在多么自由啊
And white.
还很白
Looks like someone bleached a ghost.
像是给幽灵漂白了一样
Uh I'm sorry sir. Parents have to wait in the gym.
抱歉,先生,家长得在体育馆等候
Dad that's Dmitri our star player.
那是德米特里,老爸,我们队的明星
But...
He's on the team? How old is he?
他也是你们队的吗,他多大了
11 1/2.
11岁半
What?!
But he's already balding.
他都有秃头的迹象了
That's where his head hits the rim.
那是因为他的头撞到了篮筐
But he wasn't at practice.
可没看过他练习啊
Dad Dmitri doesn't practice.
老爸,德米特里不需要练习
He just shows up to games and crushes it.
他只要一上去就能横扫全场
Eddie you can't count on one player to carry a whole team.
埃迪,你不能指望一个人去带领整个团队
If you do I think you'll find...
不然的话你会发现
Dmitri! Dmitri! Dmitri! Dmitri! Dmitri!
德米特里,德米特里,德米特里
Dmitri!
德米特里
You lost the game huh?
比赛输了是吧
No. We won.
不,赢了
It... was... awesome.
简直屌炸天
Dmitri looked right at me
德米特里那样看着我
like he almost thought about passing to me!
就像他准备要传球给我一样
Why aren't you happy? You won.
你为啥板着个脸,你们赢了啊
Because it's not about winning.
这与输赢无关
I'm trying to teach these kids about teamwork
我想教他们团队合作的道理
but their priorities are all wrong.
可他们的重心都错了
Exactly. They have no work ethic. Not like us.
就是,他们一点都没有职业道德,不像我们
They think life is all gumdrops and worm hugs.
他们觉得人生就只有软糖和虫子
And cool goggles and long flashy shorts.
和帅气的护目镜,时髦长裤
That's why I'm rewriting the school play
所以我才会改写剧本
to teach the boys something useful.
必须教他们一些有用的东西
That's what I'm trying to do with Eddie
这正是我想让埃迪学到的
help prepare him for the real world.
这对他以后步入社会很有帮助
But I don't think he gets it.
可是他一点也不理解
Too bad they don't have caddies in basketball
篮球比赛里没有球童真是太可惜了
'cause I would just love to carry Dmitri's bag and be like
不然我一定去帮德米特里拎包,对他说
"Hey what do you need?
你想要什么吗
Ball? Towel? Sports drink?"
球,毛巾,还是能量饮料
Is that really what you wanna take away from this?
你确定你想这么做吗
Carrying Dmitri's bag?
帮帮德米特里拎包
It's better than carrying grandma's bag like Evan.
总比帮奶奶拎包的埃文强吧
Grandma do you need anything in here?
奶奶,你想要什么东西
Maybe ones of your "TV guides"?
要电视节目单吗
Okay boys enough goofing off!
好了,不要再游手好闲了
Let's run some drills.
我们来训练
Oh. You think drills are lame?
你们觉得训练很枯燥啊
Well you know who doesn't think they're lame?
知道谁不会觉得训练枯燥吗
Your NBA hero John Stockton.
NBA明星,约翰·斯托克顿
He may play for the jazz
他是爵士队的
but there's no improvisation in his game.
但赛场上他从不会临场发挥
I saw it on the "Sportscenter" Show.
我在体育中心频道看到的
It teaches the importance of shar...
这说明了分享有多么重
Ohh!
Nice shot.
干得漂亮
Of course that never would've happened
当然了,如果我在防守德米特里的话
if I was actually defending Dmitri
刚才的事就不会发生了
in which case I would have my arms up
我的双手会离开身子
away from my body.
高举在上
Ohh! Yeah!
噢耶
Eddie hold my whistle.
埃迪,把口哨拿着
Pull up a chair gumdrop. You can be our study buddy.
拿把椅子过来,橡皮糖,我们一起学习吧
Thanks but I don't need to study anymore.
谢谢,不过我不需要再学习了
I found a new thing to be when I grow up.
等我长大了,我有一个新目标
It's called acting.
叫作表演
Act-ing? What's that?
表演,那是什么
Something that doesn't require preparation or hard work.
不需要你努力准备就能完成的东西
I'm studying to be a doctor so I can make my parents proud.
我想努力学习成为一名医生,我父母就能引以为豪
And I'm prepping for the bar exam
我在准备律师考试
so I can become a lawyer and have...
这样我就能成为一名律师
A stable income and health insurance.
有稳定的收入和医疗保险
Well if you wanna do homework that's your "Pagrogative."
你们想做作业就做吧,这是你们的权利
I'm gonna go get some head shots taken.
我去外面兜兜风
Mom why'd you take out the part
妈妈,为什么你把我们去
where we go to candy corn mountain?
玉米糖果山的那部分跳过了
Because we are doing a new play.
因为这是新的剧本
It's called "Acting a cautionary tale
叫作一个想学表演的橡皮糖
or Mr. Gumdrop goes to lazywood."
如何堕落的警示故事
Ohh!
You just got poster-ized coach!
教练,你一定要多色调分色印
No I was just letting Dmitri show you
不,我刚刚是让德米特里
an example of what's wrong with basketball today.
给你们展示篮球的错误打法
Yeah we caught that lesson five dunks ago.
是的,这门课叫五连扣篮
Dmitri!
德米特里
Well then now you're ready for your next lesson.
现在教你们另外一门
A layup is worth just as many points as a dunk.
上篮与扣篮得的分是一样
Substance over style.
实质重于形式
Uhh! Uhh! Aah!
啊,啊
Dad? I think he's hurt.
老爸,他好像受伤了
Uh on the bright side
额,往好的方面想
I peeked at Dmitri's medical records
我瞄了一眼德米特里的病历
and he is indeed 111/2.
他确实是个十一岁半的孩子
So our best player...
也不能去指责谁
by the fault of no one in particular
总之,我们最棒的球员
is out for the season.
无法参加季赛了
Dmitri.
德米特里
But we can still win this game by playing good team basketball.
但只要我们团队合作,我们还是可以赢得比赛的
You're still coming at us with that noise?
你还拿这个烦我们吗
This isn't Taiwan dad. Nobody plays like that anymore.
这里不是台湾,老爸,没人会像那样打球
I'm gonna tell you guys a story
我来给你们讲讲
about a team back in Taipei.
一个台北球队的故事
They were a band of ragtag misfits
他们是各种不起眼的小角色
from all over corners of town.
来自全城各地
Some of them were too small. Others too big.
有的人块头太小,有的太大
One of them was a girl.
还有一个是女生
But they worked together
但他们齐心协力
developed a play called "The flying v"
把那场比赛称为,会飞的胜利
and became unstoppable!
最后无人能敌
Isn't that "The Mighty Ducks"?
那不是《野鸭变凤凰》里的情节吗
Um...
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
We rented it last weekend.
我们上周租了这部影片
We were hit with a rewind fee and you're like
我们要缴倒带费,你却说
"I will not pay a rewind fee for 'The Mighty Ducks'!"
我不会为《野鸡变凤凰》交倒带费的
Mm not ringing a bell.
额,想不起来了
Look the point is you guys are ready for this.
听着,重点是你们已经准备好了
You have all the training you need
你们都已经训练好了
so let's go out there
所以让我们走上场
and let's win one for Charlie Sheen's brother!
为查理·辛的兄弟赢了这场比赛
That's half time!
中场休息
Aw son of a bitch!
噢,真他妈见鬼
Man you suck!
你们弱爆了
So... cold.
好冷啊
Someone needs our help.
有人需要帮助
Just as I thought...
正如我所想的那样
this bum-drop hasn't worked in months.
这块橡皮几个月都没用过了
That's not a bum-drop.
那不是橡皮
That's gumdrop a classmate from my youth!
那是橡皮软糖,我小时候的同学
I never should've become an actor.
我就不该来当演员的
It was a complete waste of time.
太浪费时间了
Oh what happened to Yumland?
噢,《美食王国》怎么成这样了
Why aren't the other children on stage?
其他孩子怎么没上台
I cut them.
我删了他们的情节
If they wanna be actors so bad
如果他们这么热切想当演员的话
they should get used to being unemployed.
就该习惯失业
Jessica the school play's supposed to be fun.
杰西卡,学校的话剧应该是充满乐趣的
Don't you do anything just for fun?
你为啥不做点好玩的事情呢
Yes. I teach my children valuable life lessons
有啊,我在给我的孩子上很有价值的一课
so they can become successful.
这样他们才能成功
Ah. Okay. Okay.
噢,好吧,好吧
I can see where we've been getting some complaints.
我知道有人会抱怨的
Who complained?
谁抱怨了
Hey! Unicorn girl with a lisp!
嘿,那个口齿不清的独角兽女孩
Was it you? I can't put you up there.
是你在抱怨吗,我不能让你上台
No one understands what you're saying.
因为没人知道你在说什么
I'm thowwy.
对不起
You see what I have to work with?
现在你知道为啥我这样做了吧
Speaking from experience
从经验来看
that was a spanking.
这场比赛就是在打脸啊
They have their own Dmitri. He scored all their points.
他们也有自己的德米特里,一直是他在得分
I can't believe we still have another half to play.
真不敢相信还要打下半场
Guys good news. I have a plan.
伙计们,好消息,我有个计划
We can quit.
我们可以放弃
I was talking to the ref and there's a mercy rule.
裁判跟我说了,可以仁慈裁决
He even drew us a map to the nearest Shakey's.
他还画了去最近的一家沙基餐馆的路线图
Apparently there's a loser's discount
显然,输了的人去吃魔力土豆
on mojo potatoes.
会打折哟
Thank goodness! Yes!
谢天谢地,太好了
I call shotgun!
我来带路
Eddie you were right.
埃迪,你是对的
Basketball clearly isn't about team anymore.
打篮球并不是团队合作那么简单
It's about who has the biggest star.
而是要看谁有更强的队员
Monday I'm calling your school
周一,我就打电话给你们学校
and telling them to get you a new coach.
让他们给你们请个新教练
No dad you can't quit!
不,爸爸,你不能放弃
And neither can we.
我们也不能
We have to beat these jerks.
我们要打倒那些混蛋
How? Their Dmitri's stronger than us bigger than us.
怎么打,他们的德米特里比我们更强更猛
It's hopeless.
我们没希望的
No it's not.
不,不是这样的
Like my dad said when you're playing this far below the rim
就像我爸爸说的,打球打得烂没关系
it's all about teamwork.
要懂得团体合作
I guess what I mean is...
我的意思是
Quack.
整他们
Quack.
整他们
Quack.
整他们
Quack.
整他们
Quack.
整他们
Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack!
整他们,整他们
I love all this quacking
我喜欢这个主意
but you know there's no way we can win.
但是你们知道根本没办法赢的
I never said we had to win.
我从没说过要赢
I said we had to beat them.
我们要打倒他们
bam! Aw man! I slam jam
嘭,啊,看我灌篮
Uhh!
Foul!
犯规
Uhh!
If you want beef then bring the ruckus
如果你要牛肉,就骚动起来
Wu-tang clan ain't nuthin' ta... With
我们武当派不和任何人为伍
Wu-tang clan ain't nuthin' ta... With
我们武当派不和任何人为伍
Whoo! Whoo!
哇,干得好
You're outta here! With pleasure!
你给我下去,求之不得
Rugged lands of Shaolin
少林的崎岖之地
And that's exactly how it happened mom.
就是这么一回事,妈妈
We set the record for most fouls.
我们创下了最多次犯规的记录
And we did it as a team.
我们一起做到的
Thanks to you dad we didn't just school them.
谢谢你,爸爸,我们不仅仅教训了他们
We old schooled them.
还给他们来了你说的那一套
Well not really.
不是这样的吧
I don't remember teaching you to nut punch
我可记不得教你们踢人家蛋蛋
but you did work together as a team.
但你们确实是一起做到的
I'm proud of you.
真为你们感到骄傲
Hey your dad told me that you guys are in a play.
嘿,你们爸爸告诉我你们在演话剧
That's so exciting.
真是令人激动
I'm an actress too.
我也是个演员
I shot a home movie in a guy's apartment.
我在一个男的家里拍过自制影片
And now you're a waitress?
你现在怎么是个服务生
Slash actress.
我是替补演员
So I don't know if your play is already cast up but...
我不知道你们演员是不是已经满了,但是
Keep me in mind.
记得找我哟
That's an old picture.
那是张老照片
It's before I grew into my teeth.
我牙齿长好之前拍的
Mom we don't wanna be in the play anymore.
妈妈,我们不想演话剧了
Really?
是吗
It's a waste of time. We wanna focus on our future.
那很浪费时间,我们想要专注于自己的未来
And not end up in the gutter with a low credit rating
我们不想堕落沉沦,碌碌无为
like Mr. Gumdrop.
就像橡皮糖先生那样
Good. You got the point of the play.
太好了,你们已经明白这话剧的核心了
Your backpacks are in the car. You can go study.
你们书包在车里,去学习吧
They are so lucky to have us.
他们有我们这样的父母,真是太幸运了
Well we're also lucky to have them.
拥有他们这样的孩子,我们也很幸运啊
Their lives are much different than ours were.
他们的生活和我们的不一样
I know. Can you imagine if we had wasted time like they do?
我知道,但你能想象我们也像那样浪费时间的后果吗
Oh we never had the chance Jessica.
噢,我们从未有过消遣时间的机会,杰西卡
But isn't that why we work so hard
但那不就是为什么我们努力工作的原因吗
to give them the opportunity to do things that we couldn't do?
为了给他们机会去做我们做不了的事
I mean would it have been so bad
我的意思是,如果你的父母
if your parents had given you a strong work ethic
既给你一颗职业道德心,还给你发光小马的话
and the glitter horse?
那不是很悲催吗
I worked so hard.
我学习那么努力
I did all my schoolwork all my chores.
做完了所有的功课和家务
I deserved a little horse
我应该得到那只小马
with brittle hair to comb and braid
为她梳头发,编头发
and a human face to kiss at night.
我也该得到深夜里的一个吻
I would have named her sugar applebalm
我准备起名叫苹果香的
and built her a stable out of tissue boxes.
还为她用纸巾盒做一个马棚
And Janet Yi had three horses
珍妮特得到过三只小马
and she went to Harvard and became an assistant D.A.
她后来读的哈佛大学,成为了一名地检官助理
and ultimately she died in a plane crash
最终她却死于空难
but when she died she was flying first class
但她死的时候,她坐的是头等舱
like a boss!
像个大老板一样
Janet Yi's not dead.
珍妮特没有死
Well someone is!
好吧,总有人死了
Woof woof!
汪,汪
Meow!
Whee!
啦啦啦
This play is a mess.
这话剧真乱啊
It's a huge waste of time.
简直是浪费时间
Oh but they're having fun.
噢,但他们玩得真开心
Plus it'll look good on a college application.
而且照下来,等到申请大学时会有用的
Thmile! Two thooting thtars!
笑亦笑,侃侃这两个大明猩
What did she say?
她说的什么啊
Nobody knows.
没人知道
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.
耶,耶,耶,耶,耶,耶
You don't think I should move in with him?
你不觉得我该搬去和他一起住吗
I have confidence that you'll do what is right.
我相信你会做正确的选择
Based on what?
为什么啊
So no asians on TV huh?
电视上没亚洲人吗
Look what came in the mail all the way from Taiwan.
看看从台湾寄来了什么
Took a lot of phone calls but I tracked one down.
打了好多电话,但终于找到了这个
Oh! Sparkle time beauty horse!
哇,美丽时尚又耀眼的小马
Oh and it's a face one!
噢,这个还有人脸
My face burning is how I know you love me back.
我脸都烧起来了,我知道你爱我有多深
Ow!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
track [træk]

想一想再看

n. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲
v. 跟踪

 
diversity [dai'və:siti]

想一想再看

n. 差异,多样性,分集

联想记忆
supervise ['sju:pəvaiz]

想一想再看

vt. 监督,管理,指导

联想记忆
whistle ['wisl]

想一想再看

n. 口哨,汽笛,厂笛,啸啸声,用于召唤或发布命令的哨声

 
offensive [ə'fensiv]

想一想再看

adj. 令人不快的,侮辱的,攻击用的
n.

 
statue ['stætju:]

想一想再看

n. 塑像,雕像

联想记忆
coach [kəutʃ]

想一想再看

n. 大巴,教练;(火车)客车车厢,四轮马车,经济舱

联想记忆
braid [breid]

想一想再看

n. 辫子,穗带 vt. 编织,编造,混合

联想记忆
band [bænd]

想一想再看

n. 带,箍,波段
n. 队,一群,乐队

 
faithful ['feiθfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 如实的,忠诚的,忠实的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。