手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 绯闻女孩 > 绯闻女孩第四季 > 正文

绯闻女孩第四季(MP3+中英字幕):第15集:控制拜斯集团

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Gossip girl here,

"八卦天后"在此
your one and only source
这是您了解曼哈顿名流们
into the scandalous lives of Manhattan's elite.
绯闻的唯一渠道
I thought we were friends.
我以为我们是朋友
Damien ditched me after the party, so...
达米恩在派对后就离开了我,所以
Strongest drug I'm on is double macchiato.
我吃过的最强效的药也不过是双份玛奇朵
I have decided to set my sights on Bass Industries.
我的目标是收购拜斯实业
It's not just his disloyalty. It's his pomposity.
他不仅背信弃义,而且很浮夸
And the fact that you slept with him?
而且你还跟他上过床
Oh, well, that was a long time ago, and it was fleeting.
那是很久以前的事了,也没持续很久
You wanted an internship. I wanted this one.
你只是想要实习,而我想在这里实习
I stupidly thought that this fake friendship might be real.
我竟愚蠢地以为这虚假的友情可能是真的
I suggested that you be promoted to replace me.
我建议将你提升到我的位置
Blair, you wanted it all. You just got it.
布莱尔,你刚得到了你想要的
I got a phone call from your friend Blair.
我刚接到你朋友布莱尔的电话
So I've decided to give you a second chance.
所以我决定再给你一次机会
You need to do what's right for Thorpe Enterprises.
你得做对索普企业好的事情
I want you to give Chuck a chance
我希望你能给恰克一个机会
to be part of the new company.
让他成为新公司的一员
I don't need Chuck's help to run Bass Industries.
我不需要恰克帮我打理拜斯实业
Yes, you do.
不,你需要
What about your family?
你的家人怎么办
What if us being together drives them all away?
如果我们在一起使得他们都离开你怎么办
I don't think it will,
我不这么觉得
but that's a risk I'm willing to take if you are.
但如果你愿意承担这个风险,我也愿意
It's cold out there, but on the upper east side,
外面很冷,但是在上东区
things are heating up,
气氛却愈加热烈
because Valentine's Day is around the corner.
因为我们即将迎来情人节
Please don't tell me you're leaving already.
别告诉我你就要走了
Between classes at Columbia or your job at "W,"
每天在哥伦比亚的课和《W》间来回奔波
the only proof that I have you still exist
唯一能让我相信你还活着的证据就是
is the faint trace of Chanel in the morning.
每天早上那股淡淡的香奈儿香水味
I'm so sorry, S.
我很抱歉, S
But if I can turn this into a permanent job,
但如果我日后能转正
it'll knock 6 months off my 2-year plan.
这六个月的实习能成就我未来两年的计划
Are you sure you're not just burying yourself in work
你确定你沉浸在工作中的原因
to avoid thinking about tomorrow?
不是为了逃避考虑明天
Tomorrow? I don't even know what day today is.
明天,我都不知道今天是什么日子
Last year, Chuck and I honored Valentine's Day
去年,恰克和我为了庆祝情人节
by staging our very own bacchanal.
举办了只属于我们的酒神节
And no, there were no goats,
如果你刚才的表情是那个意思的话
if that's the look that just fluttered across your face.
我要告诉你,这次我们也没把山羊弄过来
But this year, I'm sitting out "V" Day
但今年,我为了工作
to focus on my career,
忽略了情人节
as is Chuck with his fake relationship
而恰克也和蕾娜?索普开始了
with Raina Thorpe.
一段虚假的感情
Right, but I thought you reached out to Raina
但你不是打电话给蕾娜
and told her that Chuck's feelings were real.
还告诉她恰克对她是真心的吗
He needed to get back in her good graces,
他需要保持她对他的好感
and I knew exactly how to get him there.
而且我很清楚如何帮他达成
Chuck and I may need some time to forge our own paths
在恰克和我再次浪漫地结合前
before we risk a romantic rejoining,
也许我们还有很长的路要走
but we're still there for each other.
但我们依然等待着彼此
And what about you and Ben?
你和本呢
It must be very special for him, spending Valentine's Day
他终于不用和狱友一起过情人节了
with someone other than his cellie.
而是和你一起,他一定感觉很特别
We decided to sit it out, too.
我们也不打算庆祝
We just started dating. It's too much pressure.
我们才刚开始,压力太大了
Hey, why don't you and I have a friends' Valentine's Day?
我们一起过一个朋友式的情人节如何
Manis, macaroons, massages?
吃点甜豆饼,马卡隆,做个按摩
Uh, it sounds amazing. I'll let you know.
听起来不错,我考虑一下
But... If the 2-year plan wins out, will you be okay?
但如果我选择《W》你不介意吧
I'll be fine.
我不会有事的
I'm glad you agreed to this brunch with Chuck and Lily.
我很高兴你同意与恰克和莉莉共进早午餐
It shows a lot of good faith on their part.
这充分展现了他们的诚意
I mean, we came in with guns blazing,
我是说,我们气势汹汹地来
and they responded with an olive branch.
但他们却伸出了橄榄枝示好
More like olive bread.
还不如说是橄榄面包
I agreed to a meal, Raina. That's it.
我同意一同进餐,蕾娜,仅此而已
I don't trust the Basses. They don't operate like we do.
我不信任拜斯家族,他们跟我们不一样
They're a family, just like us.
他们跟我们一样,也是一家人啊
The Lily I remember didn't have a maternal bone in her body.
在我印象中,莉莉完全不像个母亲
Family was just about money and power.
她的家庭只有金钱和权力
Well, I hope hosting this brunch proves to you once and for all
我希望这次早午餐能向你证明
I have the company's best interests at heart.
我都是为了公司好
And also elegantly forces the enemy to come to you.
同时优雅地强迫对手站到你这边来
Yes, Sun Tzu is right beside
是,我的书架上《孙子兵法》就在
Emily Post on my bookshelf.
《艾米丽?波斯特》(世界礼仪女王)旁
But, Charles, don't let your feelings for Raina
但查尔斯,别让你对蕾娜的感情影响了
affect your judgment. We have to be careful with the thorpes.
你的判断,我们要小心应对索普家的人
Believe me, I know.
相信我,我懂的
Don't worry. I'm not banking on their sympathy.
别着急,我并不指望他们的同情
Welcome.
欢迎
So... Is anyone hungry?
有人饿了吗
How's the job search going?
你工作找得怎么样了
I think the check the "Have you ever committed a felony?" Box
我觉得"你是否犯过重罪"这个选项
limits my options.
让我的选择很有限
But yours seem to be improving.
你的进展好像不错
I'm sorry if I overstepped.
如果我越界了,很抱歉
The article was just sitting there.
那篇文章就在那
Being single while living with the guy seeing your ex?
自己单身,还与前女友的现男友同住
We nailed the awkwardness.
我们知道你有多尴尬
Yeah, well, it's very fresh.
是啊,更何况这事刚刚发生不久
It's a good thing Serena and I decided
我和瑟琳娜决定情人节什么也不做
not to do anything for Valentine's Day.
这样挺好的
I can't afford to take her out anyway.
我已经没钱带她出去了
Well, you already read how awkward I feel about this,
你已经看到这让我有多尴尬了
But, um, with me,
但她和我在一起的时候
she was always happy to just play pool and drink beer.
就算是打桌球喝啤酒,她也很开心
Right now I couldn't even afford to do that.
现在我连这么做的钱都没有
Uh... Well, you know what?
你知道吗
I used to work for a catering company.
我曾经在一个餐饮公司工作
They could always use an extra hand around a holiday.
节假日时他们总是会雇临时工
I can make a call, it's good money.
我可以打个电话问问看,薪酬也挺多的
And--and no offense, but judging from my past coworkers,
无意冒犯,但以我过往同事的经历来看
I think they have the
那家公司对于重罪犯
"Don't ask, don't tell" Policy regarding felons.
一直执行着"不过问不谈论"的原则
Uh, thanks. Appreciate that.
谢谢你的帮助
Uh, and, you--what's next for the article?
你准备怎么处理你那篇文章
Uh, well, I e-mailed my Conde Nast contact, Epperly,
我给康泰纳什集团的联系人艾柏利发了邮件
but I got an auto response,
但是是自动回复
saying she doesn't work there anymore,
说她不在那工作了
so I gotta-I gotta facebook her.
所以我想上脸谱网上找下她
I don't know about the cater-waiter me,
虽然我不知道该怎么做宴席服务生
but the teacher me thinks
但是以我做老师的经验来说
maybe you should step out from behind the computer
也许你该合上电脑
and find out who the new Epperly is
找到艾柏利的接班者
and give her the article in person.
然后亲自把文章交给她
The new Epperly. I hadn't thought about that.
艾柏利的接班者,我都没想到
As part of "W's" Online expansion,
为了《W》杂志网络版能够进一步扩张
Stefano wants to kick off a new feature--
斯特凡诺决定开设一个新专栏
Bright young thing.
"闪亮的时尚一族"
We'll follow an "It" Girl one night a month
我们将会在每月的某个晚上
as she navigates the Manhattan social scene.
追踪曼哈顿时尚社交圈中的一个女孩
Our inaugural "It" Girl needs to be special,
我们的首位时尚女孩必须非常特别
as should her Valentine's day plans.
而且也必须有一个特别的情人节安排
Blair, you're friends with Serena Van Der Woodsen?
布莱尔,听说瑟琳娜?范德?伍德森是你朋友
Yes. Well, d-Serena definitely is "It,"
对,瑟琳娜是够时尚的
but what if there was someone fabulous
但是我在想,我们是不是能找一个
that we could break ourselves?
能让我们有所突破的人呢
Someone like... Raina Thorpe.
比如说蕾娜?索普
Daughter of Russell?
拉塞尔的女儿吗
I like it. Keep going.
很好,继续
Well, she's typically shunned publicity,
她基本上不和公众打交道
which makes her an even bigger get.
这就使得我们的报道更加有卖点
So if I could come through...
如果我能...
I'd recommend Stefano consider your trial period over.
我会提议斯特凡诺,考虑给你提前转正
I'll have her by lunch.
午餐前就联系上蕾娜
Hey.
How well do you know Raina Thorpe?
你对蕾娜?索普了解多少
Um, not at all.
一点都不了解
Do you know where she is right now?
那你知道她现在在哪吗
I'm guessing you do.
我想这个你比我更清楚
At your house.
在你家
Where my mother lives. No way.
是我妈住的地方,别想了
We're still at war.
我和我妈还在冷战
And why are you asking anyway?
你干吗问我这个
Because I need to do a story on Raina for the magazine
因为明天晚上我要代表《W》杂志
tomorrow night.
专访蕾娜
Okay, well, why don't you just ask her yourself?
好吧,那你干嘛不亲自问她
After the Chuck thing,
你把恰克让给了她
doesn't she owe you a favor?
她不正好欠你一个人情吗
Yes, but she's not answering her phone,
话是这样说,但是她不接我电话
And I can't leave the office.
而我又不能离开办公室
Besides, it's better this way. Just two "It" Girls talking.
你去更好啊,两个时尚女孩聊聊天
and explain that you'll do the profile yourself.
然后你跟说,由你亲自来做这个专访
Right, because this is all really just a favor to me
好吧,我去只是因为举手之劳
and not a convoluted way for you
并不是去帮你去监视
to keep your eye on Raina and Chuck on valentine's day?
蕾娜和恰克情人节在干什么
Mm, I hadn't thought of that. Thank you!
我可没这么想,谢了
Lily, everything was delicious, especially the eggs.
莉莉,东西非常好吃,尤其是鸡蛋
Ah, spanish tortilla.
西班牙玉米粉圆饼
That's perfect after a late night
当夜宵或者是在喝了太多里奥哈葡萄酒后
or a breakfast in bed after too much rioja.
当成第二天的床上早餐最好不过了
Thank you, Russell.
谢谢夸奖,拉塞尔
Um, here in america, we call it a frittata.
在美国我们把这叫做菜肉馅煎蛋饼
Did I just hear your dad laugh?
你老爸在笑,是我听错了吗
I told you this would work.
我就说会成功的
I'm going in.
我去了
okay.
好的
Mr. Thorpe, we're all very grateful
索普先生,我们很高兴
we have found a buyer for Bass industries
能为拜斯企业找到
that we can all approve of.
一个合适的买主
And though it may be your instinct
虽然出于您的考虑
to keep the company under the Thorpe umbrella,
您可能想让这家公司盖上索普的名号
that might be a mistake.
但这很有可能会是一个错误
The Bass name has equity.
拜斯这个名字也是有价值的
I'd like the chance to prove that all in one night--
希望您能给我一个晚上来向您证明这一点
tomorrow, to be exact.
就是明天晚上
I've leased a landmark mansion outside the city.
我在城外租了一个庄园
It's a destination. You travel to get there,
您直接去那里就就行了
and the reservations are made before.
我已经为您事先预定过了
And what do people get when they arrive?
人们去那能得到什么
Imagine you're at a club.
想象一下你在一家俱乐部
Forget the year, the continent.
忘记了时空,地点
You don't want the night to end.
这时你肯定希望这样的夜晚不要结束
In this case, it doesn't have to.
既然这样,没必要结束
When the time is right,
时间合适的时候
you drift upstairs to a private room.
你可以去楼上的私人房间
spend the night or just a few hours.
度过一个晚上或者只待几个小时
It's up to you.
这由你来决定
But, uh, what makes you think people will show up?
你凭什么确定会有人去
It sounds like you need a big marketing push
让这个消息传播出去
just to get the word out.
得花不少功夫在市场营销上吧
No marketing.
不需要营销
I say where and when, people show up.
只要我说时间和地点,人们就会去
If I can prove to you
如果我可以向你证明
The Bass brand has a quantifiable worth,
拜斯这个名字也是有一定价值的
will you look at my business plan?
你可以看一下我的经营方案吗
It shows how you can keep the company together
你会看到在拜斯的旗号下
under the Bass name,
以及我的参与下
with my involvement.
你能更好地维系整个公司
I'll put a pin in my current plans for...
我会抽空去看一下的
36 hours.
36小时之后
If this thing you've planned succeeds,
如果你能说到做到
we'll talk.
我们再谈
You nailed it.
你做的很好
I'll see you at the hotel, dad.
酒店见,爸
Serena. We weren't expecting you.
瑟琳娜,没想到你会来
I'm here to see Raina.
我来找蕾娜
Hey, we haven't officially met,
嗨,我们没有见过
but our mutual friend Blair Waldorf
但我们共同的朋友布莱尔?霍道夫
wants to talk to you. She'll explain everything.
想和你谈谈,她会把一切和你说清楚的
Blair has to follow a socialite
布莱尔要在情人节这天
around on Valentine's day.
跟踪报道一位社会名媛
It's for work, she figured you wouldn't mind
工作需要,她想你应该不会介意的
since everything with Raina is, you know...
因为我们都知道你和蕾娜的事是
I know what?
我知道什么
Oh. Blair was wrong.
布莱尔错了
You do have feelings for Raina.
你真的喜欢蕾娜
I do.
是啊
I have something spectacular planned for tomorrow night.
明晚我还有个超赞的计划呢
Uh-oh. B.'s in for a shock when she finds out
当B发现自己的想法
what she thought was as fake as a C.Z.
正如哈利?温斯顿的珠宝赝品一样虚假时
is actually as real as Harry Winston.
一定会大为震惊的
Oh, my gosh.
我的天呐
All the shoppers on Madison are so stressed.
麦迪逊大街上的人都好紧张的样子
It's like the entire future of humanity lies in the balance.
好像全人类的未来都悬而未决一样
"Should I get him boxers or Cologne?"
"我该给他买四角裤还是古龙香水呢"
"Are red roses clich?"
"送红玫瑰是不是太俗了"
"If I hide the ring in her food, will she choke?"
"如果我把戒指藏在食物里,她会不会噎着"
I'm so happy we're sidestepping Valentine's.
我还真高兴不用过情人节
You sure? It's not very romantic.
是吗,那可不浪漫啊
Speak for yourself.
那是你吧
I have a hot date with my blu-ray player.
我可和我性感的蓝光播放器有个约呢
What about you? What are you doing?
你呢,你在做什么
Believe it or not, I am working.
你相信吗,我正在工作
Really? Ben, that's great. Where?
真的吗,本,太棒了,在哪工作
Uh, it's nothing big, but it's a start.
也没什么,但总算是开了个头
Oh, let me guess. Uh, at a publishing house?
让我猜猜,是在出版社吗
Tutoring service?
课外辅导吗
Um... You're doing research for a professor?
你是在帮教授做调查吗
You'd be so good at that.
你一定能行的
Uh... I--how'd you know?
我,你怎么知道的
So which one is it?
到底是哪个呢
Tutoring.
家教
Well, all you have to do is get one kid into an IVY,
你只要把一个孩子送进常春藤名校
and your phone will be ringing off the hook.
然后你的电话就会响个不停
I have to go meet a friend,
我得去见个朋友
but I'll see you on the 15th
但是等这些杂事都完了之后
when all this craziness is over. Happy tutoring.
我们15号见面哦,辅导愉快哈
Thanks. Uh, I'll talk to you later.
谢谢,回头再聊
Hey, there you are. Listen, we need to talk to you.
嘿,你在这儿呀,听着,我们要和你谈谈
Not now, Archibalds. Russell bit.
现在不行,阿齐布尔德,拉塞尔叫我
My party tomorrow needs to be legendary,
如果想要在收购后,仍旧保住我的职位
if I'm going to secure my place after the takeover.
明天的派对必须独一无二
Forget it.
算了吧
Whatever Russell thorpe promised
无论拉塞尔?索普答应过你什么
you is a lie.
肯定都是谎言
I think I'll take my advice from someone
我想我是不会听取
not interested in grinding an ax across my knuckles,
心怀叵测的人的意见的
if you don't mind.
恕我直言
After you and Nate tried to get me fired, I realized that
在你和内特想把我炒掉后,我发现
your actions weren't completely unwarranted,
你们的行为并不是毫无根据的
so I asked to be taken off
所以我要求撤销所有
of all Bass business,
和拜斯企业有关的业务
and Thorpe agreed.
索普也同意了
But this morning I was copied on a report
但是今天早晨我的名字出现在了
I shouldn't have been.
不该出现的报告上
It was a breakdown of how Russell's gonna sell
里面记载了拉塞尔将如何把你的公司
your company for parts and who he's selling them to.
进行瓜分出售,以及出售对象
Your intel's stale.
你的消息太不灵通了
We brokered a deal at brunch.
我们在早午餐时已经达成协议
Russell promised to postpone those meetings.
拉塞尔答应会推迟会议
Just confirmed one an hour ago.
我是一小时前确认过的
And something else.
还有其他的事
I dug around accounting.
我查看了下账目
Bass industries is more profitable kept whole.
拜斯企业一并出售更赚钱
So why is thorpe determined to slice it up?
那么他为何要将其分开
Russell didn't become a billionaire
拉塞尔可不是靠做亏本生意
by making money-losing decisions.
才成为亿万富翁的
Look, you told me he had issues with Bart, right?
听着,你说过他和巴特有过节,对吗
So maybe it isn't a business decision. Maybe it's personal.
所以也许这不是商业决策,而是个人恩怨
So you sound pretty excited about tomorrow,
听起来你对明天满怀期待呀
like maybe it's not just another night
好像并不是和往常一样
of hanging out with Chuck, business as usual?
仅仅和恰克共度美好良宵
I guess that's true.
我想也是
At first, it was purely for the sex.
一开始,纯粹是为了寻欢作乐
Oh, that's chuck.
恰克就是这样
No, I meant me.
不,我说的是我自己
Chuck was just trying to get me to help him with my father.
恰克本来只是想让我帮忙搞定我父亲
"Was"? But now? "本来"
现在呢
Things have gotten kind of serious.
现在我们都认真起来了
I wanna find an amazing dress
我想挑一件漂亮的裙子
and totally take his breath away.
完全让他窒息
Oh, well, that-- that does sound serious.
那听起来是变得认真多了
So how about a little help? It's overwhelming.
那么帮我挑挑吧,这里漂亮衣服太多了
Oh, well, the secret about these places
这里的秘密就是
is that they always keep the best stuff in the back,
他们总是把好东西放在后面
which is why I called ahead.
所以我提前预定了
What do you think?
你觉得怎么样
Ohh. Wow. That's the one. Our work here is done.
就是这件了,我们的任务完成了
No need to try this one,
不用试这件了
even though I love the detail.
虽然我很喜欢这件的细节
I actually really love this dress.
其实我很喜欢这件
Then try it on.
那就穿上试试啊
You can wear it tomorrow to the club.
明天你可以穿着它去俱乐部
Oh, no, I wish, but I have other plans.
不,我倒是想去,但是我有其他安排
Something's better than a Chuck Bass party?
有什么比恰克?拜斯的派对更好的吗
If Serena van der Woodsen isn't going,
如果瑟琳娜?范德?伍德森不去的话
maybe he was exaggerating
看来是他夸大其词
the value of his so-called brand.
妄说了他所谓的名牌价值
No, it's not that. It's just...
不,不是这样的,只是
I'm in a new relationship,
我开始了新的感情
but we're trying to keep things simple.
但是我们想平平淡淡,简简单单
Ah. You know how it is.
你明白的
Speaking of, are you sure it's a good idea
说到这儿,你和恰克一起筹办《W》的派对
for you and chuck to be doing this thing for "W"?
你觉得这样好吗
I normally pass on all publicity,
我一般拒绝宣传活动
but Blair asked me, so I couldn't say no.
但是布莱尔开口了,所以我不能拒绝
I know how important she is to Chuck,
我知道她对于恰克有多重要
and she knows how important I am to him, too, obviously.
显然她也知道我对于恰克有多重要
So I'm glad there's no weirdness there.
所以我很高兴我们之前并不尴尬
Well, actually, there may be some weirdness.
实际上,也许会有点尴尬
Blair still has feelings for chuck,
布莱尔还对恰克有感觉
so if she follows you around on Valentine's Day,
所以如果她在情人节跟着你们四处走
she's gonna be hurt.
她会受到伤害的
And if she finds out I ever told you this,
要是她发现我跟你说了这些
I'll be hurt.
我会遭殃的
I hope my best friend would do the same for me.
我希望自己最好的朋友能为我做这些
Your secret's safe.
我会保密的
I do hate to cancel last minute, though.
虽然我很讨厌临阵爽约
Well, I'm sure she'll understand.
我确定她会理解的
Besides, before "W" gave her this assignment,
而且在杂志社交给她这项任务之前
she wanted to spend Valentine's Day with me anyway,
她可是说好要和我一起过情人节的
so...
所以
Waldorf.
霍道夫
Where's the new Epperly?
那个新来的艾柏利哪去了
You're looking at her.
就是我啦
Oh, god, what'd you do to her?
天呐,你对她做了什么
She's in a better place.
她去了更好的地方
She's in Bali doing downward dogs
她正在巴厘岛
with some british wally named Prat
和某个傻兮兮的英国人
or prat named Wally.
一起做瑜伽呢
In any case, she quit.
不管怎样,她辞职了
That's great. My only contact at Condenast
真是太好了,我和康泰纳什的唯一联系
has been replaced by a stapler stealer.
就这样被一个订书机偷窃者取代了
And I will staple whatever's in your sweaty hand to your jeans
如果你不马上离开的话,我就把你手里
if you don't leave this instant.
黏糊糊的东西和你的牛仔裤钉在一起
What's in my hand is an article.
我手里拿的是一篇文章
Epperly said she'd get it to "details."
艾伯利说她要细化这篇文章
I'm assuming you can't do the same.
我想这事你可做不来
I-I did... I did kinda get this job for you.
我来这就是为了让你帮我做这件事的
Only after you got me fired.
除非你把我开除了
How many times must I repeat myself?
你要我说多少遍
We are not friends. Just because we went to go see a movie...
我们不是朋友,不过是出去看了部电影
or five together does mean that
或者说总共看了五部
I'll go out on a limb for you.
这并不意味着我愿意为你承担风险
Okay, well, how about I just drop it in your in-box?
好吧,那我直接把它放在收件箱里了
As you can see, I don't have time
正如你所见,我并没有时间
to read faux-ticles by wannabe writers.
来阅读那些自成作家的拙作
Blair, please.
布莱尔,求你了
I'll apply for another internship if I have to
万不得已我会去申请新的实习机会
and get back in the ring with you.
然后再回来与你较量一下
Remember our little wrestling match?
还记得我们那场小型摔跤比赛吗
How about you apply yourself to a job more within your breeding?
为何不申请一个更适合你的工作呢
Isn't there a bat mitzvah girl
难道在需要秀兰?邓波儿的地方
somewhere in need of a Shirley Temple?
就找不到一个犹太女孩吗
No, actually, I gave my cater-waiter contact to Ben.
不是那样,我把服务生的机会让给了本
He's doing Martha Stewart's Valentine's party.
他将为玛莎?斯图尔特的情人节派对服务
Raina, hi. I have those advanced questions
蕾娜,你好,关于你之前提的问题
like you asked for. Should I fax them?
我仍有疑问,我把它们传真给你吗
I'm really sorry, Blair,
我很抱歉,布莱尔
but I'm not gonna be able to do the profile.
但是我帮不了你了
What? Why?
什么,为什么
I should have never agreed to do a social piece. I just...
我不该同意你做公众人物的,我只是
think it's not a good idea.
认为这不是个好主意
Guess you'll have time to read my article now.
我想你现在有时间来读我的文章了
Chuck, hello.
恰克,你好
Hey, I was just wondering--
你好,我只是在想
do you actually know why you father hates mine?
你是不是知道为什么你老爸会讨厌我老爸
I always assumed it was a business deal gone bad,
我一直把这归咎于生意上的失败
but maybe there's more to it.
但或许事情没那么简单
I don't think so.
我可不这么认为
My dad's too much of a gentleman to hold a grudge,
我爸可是个绅士,不会因此而怀恨
and honestly, i don't even know
说实话我甚至不知道
how serious they were--either of them.
他们两个是不是认真的
I was at Penn at the time.
我那时还待在宾夕法尼亚大学
Why? What did Lily say?
为什么这么问,莉莉说了什么吗
Lily? Say about what?
莉莉,她要跟我说什么
You don't know? She and my dad used to date.
你不知道吗,她和我老爸约会过
She left him for your father.
她因为你老爸而离开了我爸爸
Looks like this was one love letter
看起来这可是一封
Lily didn't want anyone else to read.
莉莉不愿意公开的情书
Hey, thanks for meeting me.
真感谢你能来见我一面
I'm surprised my dad and Lily let you out of the house,
我爸和莉莉居然会让你踏出家门
even for food.
哪怕是为了觅食,真是太震惊了
Oh, well, it might have something to do
也许这跟我的自愿药物检测
with my volunteering or, uh, voluntary drug testing.
或是义务药物检测有什么关系吧
Look, the schnitzel's on me.
这份烤肉排算我请你
I'm sorry about lying last week.
我对上周的谎言感到抱歉
Oh, thanks. Have you heard from Damien?
谢啦,达米安有联系过你吗
Uh, no, actually. Uh, knowing the ambassador,
真的没有,在我听说你把达米安
after you told him Damien was dealing,
贩毒的事告诉大使以后
I'm sure he was exiled to some very cold,
我肯定他已经被流放到某个极其寒冷
very distant country. You know who else
极其遥远的国度去了,你知道还有谁
I haven't heard from, though, is, uh, is Jonathan.
没跟我联络吗,就是乔纳森
See, I... I knew he probably didn't wanna talk to me again,
我想他很可能不愿再跟我说话了
but I-I thought he'd at least return my call and tell me so.
但我想他至少会回我个电话,和我说一下
Well, leaving a message for someone isn't very romantic.
给某人留言并不是件很浪漫的事
Have you thought about doing something big for him
你有没有想过为他做些特别的事
or show him how much you wanna see him?
或是向他传达你有多么地渴望与他见面
Like what?
我该怎么做呢
Like inviting him to Chuck's event.
像是邀请他参加恰克的派对
Uh, I am not going to Chuck's event.
我不准备参加恰克的派对
I have a hot date with a vehicle filled with hot meals.
我要和满载着热食的机车来次热辣的约会
I would feel sorry for myself except I am delivering food
我只能靠向那些病得无法做饭的病人
to people too sick to cook.
分发食物来减轻我的愧疚感
Oh, hey, at least it would be original.
你那么做至少很有创意
Jonathan was never one for cliche.
乔纳森最讨厌陈词滥调了
So make the play, man. Go out in a blaze of glory...
那就重装上阵兄弟,带着荣耀出征
or at least a double-parked panel van.
或是至少弄辆双排厢式货车
Ah, yeah, I really should take my own advice.
我真该听取我自己的意见
Why? Who do you wanna spend Valentine's Day with?
怎么了,情人节你要和谁一起过
Blair.
布莱尔
No, it's not--no, no, no. It's not like that.
不,不不不,不是这样的
It's, uh... I... I need her help with something.
只是,我有些事要请她帮忙
You could be waiting a long time.
那你可得等上一阵子了
You're right, which is why I'm gonna find her
你说的没错,这就是我要在
at the party tonight.
今晚的派对上找到她的原因
May both our fortunes change for the better.
希望我们都能有好运降临
Can I interest you in some nucky?
你能帮我个忙吗
I snuck out of work early
我在上班时间偷溜出来
to catch up on "Boardwalk Empire."
就是为了能赶上《大西洋帝国》
I need a primer on
我需要学习些如何与
how to do business with Chicago.
芝加哥人做生意的入门知识
Raina won't recommit.
蕾娜不愿意帮我了
I didn't realize the profile was that big of a deal.
我没想到这些报表那么重要
She seemed so into it at first.
她刚开始的时候那么热衷
I need to find out why she backed out.
我得知道她为什么会退缩
Well, if the profile isn't happening,
要不是得弄这些报表
we can do that friends Valentine's
我们就可以像我提议的那样
like I suggested.
过个姐妹情人节了
Well, I'd hate to have nothing planned, but first,
我讨厌没有事先准备的行动,但首先
Ben is prison-poor.
本刚刚被放出来,一贫如洗
Who is showering you with gifts on valentine's day?
你那堆积如山的情人节礼物要从何而来呢
Just my mom.
当然是我老妈啦
She was glad that I came by. Thank you for sending me.
她很高兴我能过来,谢谢你送过来
I'm gonna go call the masseuse.
我要预定按摩师了
This won't take long, Russell. I know you're a busy man.
拉塞尔,不会耽误你太久,我知道你很忙
Good.
I believe there's something standing in the way
我认为有些事情
Of Bass industries' survival-- something of a personal matter.
正阻碍着拜斯集团的发展,一些私事
To what exactly are you referring?
你指的究竟是什么
I know Lily broke your heart.
我知道莉莉伤过你的心
She broke my father's heart, too.
她也伤透了我父亲的心
I wanna be clear.
我要声明一点
My loyalty is with the Bass name only.
我的忠诚只以拜斯为名义
That's a lovely sentiment, but what does it mean?
真是感人啊,不过你到底什么意思
I'll do whatever it takes to stay in the company.
只要能留在公司要我做什么都可以
If Lily is an obstacle, I'll handle it.
如果莉莉有带来不便,我可以处理
Saying it is one thing, Chuck.
恰克,说起来容易
Following through is an entirely different matter.
做起来可就没那么简单了
The woman adopted you after your father died.
自你父亲过世后,这个女人收养了你
She's the only family you have.
她是你唯一的亲人
Holmberg? Chuck Bass. Gather the board.
赫伯格,我是恰克拜斯,集合董事会
It's been brought to my attention
我有事宣布
That lily failed to disclose
莉莉无法解释
a significant conflict of interest
与索普公司之间的
With Thorpe enterprises.
利益冲突
It needs to be handled immediately.
这件事必须立马处理
I'll explain when I'm back.
我回来再详细说明
Yet again, I'm impressed.
再一次被你折服了
Stay the course.
坚持到底
And I see no reason to believe that you and your legacy
等销售业绩上升,你和你的资产
won't be well taken care of when the sale goes through.
一定会得到保障的
Thank you, sir.
谢谢你
Aren't you a little overdressed for hot stones?
你穿这么隆重来做按摩啊
Donna called. She needs me at work.
多娜打电话了,要我回去工作
Oh, this is terrible.
简直是晴天霹雳
The masseuse is already on her way.
按摩师就快到了
I was really looking forward to spending time with you.
我真的很想跟你在一起
You have no idea how much.
别提有多想了
S., cancel the masseuse and go to Chuck's.
瑟琳娜,取消按摩,去参加恰克的派对
No one should be alone tonight,
今晚可不能落单
And it would mean a lot to him to have you there,
并且你在场的话,对他很重要
Not because you're an "It" Girl,
不是因为你是风云人物
But because he considers you family.
而是因为他把你当做亲人
Well, I told Ben that I was staying in,
我告诉本我哪儿也不去
But he's tutoring, so he won't mind.
但他正在上课,他不会介意的
Tutoring? Are you sure?
上课,你确定
Don't make fun. He was so nervous,
别取笑了,他很紧张的
He didn't even wanna tell me. I think it's noble.
他甚至不想告诉我的,我觉得这是很高尚的事
No, of course you do, and you should.
当然,的确是件高尚的事
Tutoring is great.
教书挺不错的
Now go put on your sexiest dress
快去穿上最性感的裙子
And treat yourself to a night out.
今晚出去潇洒潇洒
Thank you for saving me from a valentine's day
谢谢你在情人节拯救我
Even more depressing than the movie about it I was gonna watch.
刚才还感觉比我要看的那部电影还伤感
Can we please have friend time after, though?
那我俩待会儿还有谈心时间吗
I think it'll be too late for that.
我想那时候已经很晚了
I'm sorry.
对不起
"Love Actually" And the jacques torres fondue
真爱至上和雅克托雷斯巧克力
will have to wait.
只得等等了
I just got off the phone with Pete Holmberg.
我刚和皮特?赫伯格通过话
There was an emergency meeting of the Bass Board.
拜斯董事刚召集了紧急会议
I'm being accused of an ethics violation and conflict of interest.
我被指责违反道德,引起利益冲突
Well, stand up for yourself.
你要为自己辩护
Don't let Thorpe get away with that.
别让索普得逞
It wasn't Thorpe. It was Charles. He had me removed
不是索普,是查尔斯
From the board effective immediately.
我被他立即从董事会除名了
What are you gonna do?
那你怎么办
I don't know what deal he cut with Thorpe,
我不知道他跟索普有什么勾当
But it is not the way to win.
但我绝对不会让他们得手
Yes, hello. I'm calling on behalf of Chuck Bass.
你好,我代表恰克?拜斯
His friend Dan Humphrey sent over a new employee today--
他的朋友丹?汉弗瑞今天介绍过来的新雇员
Ben Donovan.
本?多诺万
Mr. Bass wants to be sure
拜斯先生希望他
that Ben is only working his event tonight
今晚哪儿也不去
And nowhere else.
就去派对帮忙
Can you see to it? Thank you so much.
你能保证吗,非常感谢
2,500 bucks a head,
2500美元一人
And it's filled to capacity. This place is a gold mine.
还人满为患,这地方就是个金矿啊
I know how to tap a vein.
我了解生财之道
A few days ago, this was pillow talk.
几天前,这还是我俩的枕边话
Look at the ways you inspire me.
是你激发了我的灵感
You're the one who pulled it off.
是你将其变为现实
No one's gonna forget tonight.
这将是个难忘的夜晚
Go get some b-roll of the food and drink,
去拍点食品,酒品
And be discreet. We are not tmz.
谨慎点,我们不是TMZ网
Humphrey, what are you doing here?
汉弗瑞,你怎么在这里
Stalking you, actually.
实际上,我在跟踪你
You didn't, by chance, read my article?
你不会是,一不小心,看了我的文章吧
I don't need to. I know what it's about--
我根本不需要,我知道你写些什么
a boy from Brooklyn
一个来自布鲁克林的男孩
And an untouchable upper east side blonde.
和一位高不可攀的上东区金发美女
Well, uh, as a matter of fact...
其实,事实上
I work at "W" Now. I'm an arbiter of taste.
我现在《W》杂志工作,我可是有品位的人
If I were to stand behind some lame Humphrey lamentation,
我要是拥护汉弗瑞的蹩脚言情小说
Then it would be like showing up
那简直就像
at an accessories shoot in crocs.
我会去卡骆驰小品店
How do you know it's lame? You haven't read it. Maybe--
你怎么知道蹩脚,你都没有读过,也许
Maybe I've matured as a writer, or maybe you've matured
也许我已成为一名作家,或者也许你成为
as a person and can help someone out
一个乐于助人的人
who really needs it just because it's the right thing to do.
能够解救别人脱离苦海
If you'll excuse me, I have a valentine's vendetta to exact.
如果不介意的话,我还有事要做
Where the hell is my crew?
我的伙计哪去了
There she is. Start rolling.
她在这儿,赶快过来
What the hell are you doing?
你在干什么
I thought you were gonna be working all night.
我以为你今晚要工作
I am. "W" Sent me here with a cameraman
是的,《W》叫我跟摄像师过来
To get good stuff for the blog,
给博客拍点东西
And if I go back with only footage of Amanda Lepore
如果我只拍到阿曼达?洛浦
And Ed Burns,
然后是埃德?伯恩斯
then my 2-year plan might as well become 20.
再然后我两年的计划很有可能变成二十年
Okay, fine, they can interview me,
好吧,他们可以采访我
but please tell them to keep it brief.
但请告诉他们尽量简短些
Thank you, thank you, and it will be over before you know it.
谢谢你,谢谢你,我保证会很快的
Can we get some light over here, please?
灯光打到这儿好吗
Lily. Looking beautiful as always.
莉莉,美丽依旧啊
Oh, spare me the niceties, Russell.
请别见怪拉塞尔
I'm here to speak to Charles.
我来这儿是想和查尔斯谈谈
He's off with Raina somewhere.
他现在不知道和蕾娜在哪呢
You know, they're a wonderful couple, don't you think?
你不觉得他们在一起很棒吗
What I think is that whatever it is you're up to appears to be working,
依我所见无论你想干出什么见不得人的勾当
and my son should know that. Excuse me.
我儿子都会察觉的,恕我失陪
Sorry to interrupt, but, uh, we need to have a little talk.
抱歉打扰了,我们需要谈一下
You realize you're the worst wingman ever.
你应该意识到你是最糟的边锋吧
Well, maybe so,
也许如此吧
but I hope you see I'm trying to be a good father.
但我希望你能看到我正努力做个好父亲
I came here tonight to find Russell,
我今晚来这儿是想找拉塞尔
say hello,
打声招呼
and hand in my resignation.
然后递上我的辞呈
Since I kept you from your trip to Venice,
既然因为我你没去成威尼斯
I thought I'd bring Venice to you.
我想我应该带威尼斯给你
How did you know?
你怎么知道的
I saw your calendar.
我看了你的档期
Buona sera, Arrigo.
晚上好,阿里戈
Your favorites from Harry's bar.
你最爱的哈利酒吧
I can't believe you did this for me.
我不敢相信你为我做了这些
When I care about someone, I'm not afraid to show it.
当我关心某人时,我毫不掩饰
Hello, Daniel.
你好,丹尼尔
Have you seen Charles?
看到查尔斯了吗
And any resort plans this season?
这一季的度假计划想好了吗
Uh, Mustique, maybe? I don't know.
可能会在马斯蒂克岛,我不知道
I haven't really thought about it.
我真没想过呢
Shoe of the moment.
当下流行什么鞋
Uh, Louboutin "Bianca."
鲁布托的比安卡
Are we almost done?
可以了吗
Have you asked her who her valentine is?
你问她情人节跟谁过了吗
We were instructed to ask everyone.
组织说每个人都不要漏过
Uh, I'm not gonna answer that.
我不打算回应这个问题
I'd like to keep my private life private.
我要保持私生活的神秘感
But you do have a special someone--
但你身边确实有位特殊的人
Ben Donovan.
本?多诺万
He's standing at the bar right now.
现在站在酒吧间的那位
Or make that behind it. Don't be embarrassed, S.
换言说在柜台后面,别尴尬S
It's okay to below the line.
当牵线木偶没什么不好
Madonna and Julia roberts
麦当娜和朱莉娅?罗伯茨
paved the way for girls like you.
为像你这样的女孩儿铺平道路
So much for the quiet night at home.
不愿在家过这平静的夜晚
And I thought you were tutoring.
我以为你在做家教
I wasn't. I just didn't know how to tell you.
我没有,我只是不知道如何跟你说
Tell me what?
跟我说什么
You go, Serena.
别这样,瑟琳娜
Give that convict a chance to explain himself.
给那个犯人一个解释的机会
Before Ben was serving drinks, he served three years hard time.
在本做酒保前他可度过了艰苦的三年
In fact, he's been out on parole for what, a month?
事实上,他被假释一个月而已
Ben, please, wait.
本,对不起,等一下
Okay, that's enough. Let's go.
好吧,够了,我们走
You know, I think that we've seen enough
听着,我想我们今晚
of each other tonight.
承受的够多了
Lily, how dare you just barge in here.
莉莉,你怎么还敢来这里
This place is supposed to be my fantasy?
这里难道是我的幻境吗
All I wish for is the truth. Why did you have me fired?
我只想来问个究竟,为什么解雇我
You should've told me about your relationship with Russell.
你应该告诉我你和拉塞尔的风流史
If you were so concerned, why didn't you ask me about it?
如果你这么关心,为什么不亲自来问我
He has no bearing on my performance at Bass industries.
他跟我在拜斯企业的表现毫无关系
How can you be sure? Maybe your emotions
你怎么能肯定,也许你的情绪
Clouded your judgment. It wouldn't be the first time.
影响了你的判断,这不是第一次了
What?
什么
We both know you're a socialite, not a businesswoman.
众所周知你是个社交名媛,而不是女商人
You traded musicians for titans of industry,
你用音乐家取代企业的顶梁柱
upgraded from a tour bus to a corporate jet.
从一个观光车提升到一个公务机
I'm sorry, but I had to.
对不起,但我不得不这么做
I've done nothing but try to salvage that company for you.
我只是一心想把公司给你收回来
I stepped in so Jack wouldn't take it away,
因我的涉足杰克才不敢把它抢走
And every day since, I have fought for your future.
每一天我都是为你的将来打拼的
If we had stuck together on this, we would've won.
如果我们一味执拗于此,不会有好结果的
It looks like I did, anyway.
可我就是这么做的
No, you haven't, Charles.
不,你不是,查尔斯
You've lost,
你迷失了自己
And I'm not talking about your battle with Thorpe.
我不是冲着你和索普的争斗而言
Please, that adoption was as much a business decision
那次收购最多也就是一个
As this was.
商业行为
Chuck. That's enough.
恰克,够了
Wait. Where are you going?
等等,你要去哪
Anywhere but here.
反正不是这里
You almost cost me my company.
你差点儿让我失去公司
You'd better not have cost me Raina.
最好不要再让我失去蕾娜
Whatever price you pay for what you've done,
你要为你所做的付出代价
That's on you.
而那取决于你
I see you're a man of your word.
看得出你是个遵守承诺的人
I said I'd get rid of Lily. I did.
我说过我会摆脱莉莉的,我做到了
Too bad words are overrated.
丑话说在前面
What?
什么
Now that Lily's been ousted from the board,
现在莉莉已经离开董事会了
It's just you and me. And as much I like you,
只有你和我,依我喜欢你的程度
I think I'll like dismantling Bass industries a lot more.
我想乐意将拜斯企业分解的更多些
Now you have no company,
现在你没有朋友
No family, and from what I just saw,
没有家人,而且据我所知
my daughter's lost her taste as well.
我女儿也对你失去兴趣了
Great party, by the way.
顺便说一句,派对很棒
You think Raina will keep you on that pedestal
你认为蕾娜一旦知道你的所作所为后
once she learns what you've done?
还会崇拜你吗
Go find out.
走着瞧吧
I think you know how much family means to Raina,
我想你知道家人对蕾娜的意义
Just as she now knows...
就像她刚刚知道的那样
How little it means to you.
家庭对你不值一文
One lonely Bass adrift at sea.
孤单的拜斯在海上漂泊
Looks like Venice isn't the only thing that's sinking.
看起来即将沉没的不仅是威尼斯
Blair.
布莱尔
I can't believe you ambushed me,
不敢相信你居然陷害我
and why? For a leg up at work?
为什么,工作无聊吗
Is your career really more important than our friendship?
你的工作真的比我们的友谊更重要
Obviously you don't think my career is important at all
显然你一点儿也不觉得我的工作重要
since you forced Raina to back out
你强迫蕾娜不接受访谈
just so you didn't have to be alone on Valentine's Day.
就因为你不想一个人孤苦伶仃的过情人节
That's not why I did it. I had a good reason.
不是因为这个,我有充分的理由
You can't stand that I'm getting successful while you're
你不能接受我的成功,而且每天都要
flailing around with 15 hours of class and an ex-con.
纠结于十五个小时的课程和前科犯男友间
That's not true. I couldn't be more proud of your job at "W."
不,你能在《W》工作我比谁都自豪
I wanted to protect you from seeing
我不想让你在情人节
Chuck and Raina together on Valentine's Day.
看到恰克和蕾娜在一起
For the last time, he's using her.
我再说一次,他只是利用她
It's not real.
他没有来真的
It's just business. How come no one believes me?
只是生意来往而已,怎么就没人信我呢
Blair.
布莱尔
Look, you know what?
算了,你猜怎么着
I'm gonna go get him so he can tell you himself.
我现在就去找他,让他亲自跟你说清楚
Russell.
拉塞尔
Ah! Howard.
啊,哈沃德
You're fired.
你被解雇了
What? On what grounds?
什么,为什么
I mean, I was actually coming over here to quit anyway, but--
尽管我来这确实是为了辞职的,可是
You leaked a private document.
你向别人泄露了一份私密文件
Granted, that's exactly what I wanted you to do, but still.
虽然我确实希望你这么做
I can't have someone around I don't trust.
但我不能让信不过的人为我工作
Take care of yourself.
保重
What just happened?
发生了什么
Blair.
布莱尔
I'm looking for Chuck. What is this place?
我在找恰克,这是什么鬼地方
Uh, he built it for Raina.
他给蕾娜精心布置的
Oh. He's pretty serious about this game.
他对于这场游戏还蛮认真的吗
Oh, I don't--I don't--I don't really think it's a game. It's--
我不,不认为这是一场游戏,这是
Raina, I just need five minutes.
蕾娜,给我五分钟
I'm only here
我还在这只是因为
because I refuse to make this anyone else's business.
我不想让更多人知道这件破事
Look, I'm sorry you had to witness that scene with Lily.
我很抱歉你看到了我和莉莉之间的小插曲
I'm not the one you need to apologize to.
你不必跟我道歉
You went behind Lily's back. You disrespected her.
你在莉莉背后使坏,你不尊重她
Is this what you do-- wonderful things
难道这就是在你惹火你所在乎的人之前
for people you care about before you turn on them?
所摆的鸿门宴吗
Look, you put family before all else. I can't do that.
你把家人放在第一位,我做不到
My father was never there for me.
我父亲从来没有支持过我
My mother abandoned and betrayed me.
我母亲不仅抛弃了我还背叛了我
My uncle is my worst enemy.
我叔叔是我最大的敌人
But maybe your father isn't as perfect as you think.
但也许你父亲也没有你所想象的那么完美
What are you saying?
你在说什么
He's the reason I went after Lily.
是他让我逼走莉莉的
He pitted me against her.
他陷害我,让我和莉莉反目成仇
So you're trying to turn me against him?
那你是想让我和他也反目成仇
Destroy my relationship?
让我们父女关系也破裂吗
Nothing is sacred to you.
你可真是什么都不在乎啊
That's not true. You are sacred to me.
不,我在乎你
Until I do something you don't like
如果我做了什么你不喜欢的事情
and you turn on me, too.
你也会给我下绊吧
Give me a chance to show you that's not who I am.
给我次机会让我证明我不是那样的人
Please
求你了
I'm sorry.
对不起
I've seen all I needed to see.
我已经看够了
Rubies are red. Hydrangeas are blue.
钉是钉,铆是铆
Chuck's given his heart away...
恰克奉上了他的真心
Wow, he's good.
他真诚恳啊
But guess what, Blair? Not to you.
但是布莱尔,那却不是给你的
Shut up, Humphrey.
闭嘴吧,汉弗瑞
They're not Richart,
他们虽然不是理查特的(理查特巧克力被英国版《时尚》称为世界上最美的巧克力)
but they're all I could find at this hour.
但这是我在这个点所能搞到最好的了
I was gonna leave them on your pillow.
我本打算把它们放在你枕头上的
Blair, please, it's been a long night. I'm tired.
布莱尔,今晚发生太事多了,我累了
You were right.
你是对的
Chuck and Raina are real.
恰克和蕾娜是认真的
Were real, anyway.
至少曾经是认真的
I know that chocolates from duane reade
我知道这在杜恩里德(药房连锁)买的巧克力
won't make it any better, but... I'm so sorry.
不会让你感觉好些,但是,对不起
Well, maybe I made the wrong decision
或许我一开始就错了
in going to Raina first instead of you,
我不该先去找蕾娜而不是找你
but I was worried about your heart,
但我担心的是你受伤害
not your job.
而不是你的工作
I knew that you'd bounce back stronger than ever at "W."
我知道你在《W》会再次风生水起的
You may be right. Donna texted me.
你也许是对的,多娜给我发短信了
She said your profile's gonna be amazing.
她说你的人物小传肯定会特别精彩
Well, I'm sorry if I'm not thrilled you got an "A"-plus
如果付出了本的代价
at Ben's expense.
我还没让你拿到优加,那就太抱歉了
After mentioning I'd stumbled
在说到我偶然在脸谱网上
across some incriminating Facebook photos,
发现了一些涉嫌违法的照片后
the interviewer wisely agreed to redact
那个记者识相地同意把
the Ben part of the article.
有关本的那部分文章删掉
I'm sure he'd really appreciate that
如果他还会再理我的话
if he ever speaks to me again.
我相信他一定会很感激你这么做的
You're gonna be okay alone?
你一个人行吗
Not yet, but I need to start learning to be.
我不喜欢,可是我得学会一个人独处
Go have fun with your parolee.
和你的假释犯过的愉快哦
Maybe it's a secret valentine.
也许是个秘密情人哦
Hello?
你好
Why the hell would you do that?
你为什么要这么干
Well, this way, I can initiate a whole new round
是这样的,我又重新改了一次
of pestering you to submit it.
还得麻烦你帮我提交给编辑
But I already did... Yesterday.
可是我已经交了啊,就在昨天
I gave your article to a junior editor
我把你的文章交给了《名利场》的
I'm assuming that won't be a problem?
我认为这不是问题吧
Wait. So you submitted it without reading?
等等,你连读都没读就交了吗
Of course I read it.
我当然读过了
I have a reputation to uphold.
我不能连名誉都不要
And you still put me through the wringer?
别让我焦急了,快告诉我文章怎么样
It was... good.
你写的,很好
Mm, I'm sorry. What'd you just say?
不好意思,你刚才说什么
You heard me. It was... sharp
你明明听到了,文章语言很犀利
and well observed.
内容也很充实
When it comes to experiencing an ex with a new love,
当你看到你的旧爱又有了新欢的时候
you have some insight.
你说得挺在理的
Mm. How--how are you doing with all that?
那你打算怎么处理这事儿
Uh... Just seeking refuge
转移注意力呗
with the perfect anti-Valentine's Day movie --
找个反情人节的电影看看
What part are you at? I'll watch with you.
你看到哪儿了,我和你一起看
Forgive me if I've memorized
如果我说罗丝?高登(电影主角)的台词
some of Ruth Gordon's dialogue.
有些我都会背了,你可别生气
Uh, okay, all of it.
好吧,他所有的台词我都记得
It just started.
我刚开始看
Lesson learned.
这次受教训了
"Wall Street" didn't need a sequel --
《华尔街》才不需要续集
in the theaters or in my life.
不管是在电影里,或是现实中
Now I just have to find something between manual labor
现在我得找个介于体力劳动
and high finance.
和脑力劳动之间的工作
Wish I'd been wrong about Thorpe.
真希望我是误会索普了
Wish I had a company I could put you in.
真希望我有个公司能让你工作的
Now one good thing I realized tonight --
今天晚上我唯一庆幸的一点是
I still got game.
我还没完全出局
As soon as Russell fired me, I had to turn over my key card.
一旦拉塞尔炒了我,我就得把钥匙还他
So I gave him one...
但我给他的是
to the gym at the Empire.
帝国酒店的健身房钥匙
This...
这个
is to Thorpe's office.
才是索普办公室的钥匙
And this...
还有这个
all the passwords you need.
是你们所需的所有密码
They change them weekly on Thursdays,
他们每周四都会换一次
so that should give you a good 48 hours.
所以你们还有整整四十八个小时的时间
Good luck.
好运
Way to go.
加油
A valentine can be a red-hot weapon of revenge...
情人会带给你的,可能是炙热的复仇
or a heartfelt apology.
也可能是真挚的道歉
Thanks for comin'.
谢谢你能来这儿
I should've told you I was waitering.
我应该告诉你我在那儿做侍应生
I should have owned it.
我应该承认的
Well, I should've given you the chance
我应该给你个机会解释
and not put words in your mouth.
而不是自以为是
Hey. It's still Valentine's Day for... another ten minutes.
现在还是情人节呢,虽然就剩十分钟了
Maybe we can share'em together?
我们一起过怎么样
I made enough money tonight to buy us some beers.
我今晚赚的钱够买啤酒了
Sounds great... except for the beer part.
除了啤酒,其他的都听起来不错啊
It's Valentine's Day. We should have champagne.
毕竟是情人节,还是来点香槟吧
Well, have you ever heard of a black velvet?
听说过黑天鹅绒酒吗
That is champagne mixed with beer.
把黑啤和香槟酒混在一起
Uh, delicious... or not.
听着不错,不过也不一定
Serena.
瑟琳娜
I just came over to thank you
我特意过来谢谢你
for saying all those nice things to us the other night...
那天你对我们说的话非常有用
My point is, paranoia can save your life.
我的意思是,妄想症能救你的命
Oh, so she was supposed to know
她应该知道
that her husband was gonna sell their firstborn to a coven?
她丈夫要把他们的第一个孩子送给女巫了
The woman couldn't be more naive.
这女的还能再傻点不
I mean, who eats unsolicited desserts?
主动上门的甜点她也吃
Mm, point taken. The -- the mousse was creepy.
那可不,那慕斯看着就不对劲儿
Do you know how many gloves I've lost on the subway?
你知道我在地铁上丢过多少副手套吗
Well, you do often seem cursed.
你很多时候都像被下了咒一样
I do, don't I?
你也发现了吧
Or sometimes
很多时候
there's a way to candy-coat the fact you're all alone.
总是有办法可以掩饰孤独的
You know, I got more hugs tonight from strangers
今天陌生人给我的拥抱
than my grandmother's doled out my entire life,
比有生以来我奶奶抱我的次数都多
which I guess is comforting,
总算让我有点安慰
but it's not exactly Valentine's Day.
但这情人节过的真不地道
No, but you still might get one.
确实,但你还有机会啊
A guy came by earlier and asked for you.
早些时候有人过来找你
Cute guy, brown hair.
长的不错,棕色的头发
Said you'd know who he was.
他说你知道他是谁
He's waiting around the corner.
他在拐角那儿等你
Have fun.
玩得开心点
Well, then I'll -I'm gonna... go...
那我,那我走了
Yeah. And, uh...
好的
Thank you, Eric.
谢谢你,艾瑞克
Jonathan?
乔纳森
Miss me?
想我吗
Okay, look, I want nothing to do with you,
你听着,我不想和你有任何瓜葛
all right, Damien?
明白吗,达米恩
You think I wanted Dan and Nate to rat me out to my own father?
你以为我想让丹和内特向我爸告我的状吗
Now I'm under a microscope, and that is a big, big problem.
现在我的一切都受到监视,麻烦不小
Yeah, that's an occupational hazard.
确实不利于你工作
Listen to me. You're not understanding what I'm saying.
听我说,你根本没听懂我的意思
It's also a problem for you.
这对你也没好处
Remember when you had all that stuff on your mind
你还记得你脑子里想的都是些啥东西不
when we first started hanging out together--
就是我们刚开始约会的时候
what you told me about your mom and Ben?
你告诉我你妈和本之间的事
Perjury is a felony,
作伪证可是重罪
and, well,
所以
Lily could be spending a lot of time in jail
如果我告诉大家真相的话
if, say, I were to... tell everybody.
莉莉可能会要在监狱里蹲上好一段时间
Here's what we're gonna do.
知道该怎么做了吧
But whatever your Valentine's Day brings,
不管你是如何度过的情人节
never forget that some years,
千万别忘了,有的年份
it's a massacre.
它也会是场大屠杀
X.O.X.O. Gossip girl.
X.O.X.O.八卦天后

重点单词   查看全部解释    
apology [ə'pɔlədʒi]

想一想再看

n. 道歉;勉强的替代物

联想记忆
vein [vein]

想一想再看

n. 静脉,纹理,叶脉,岩脉
vt. 使有脉络

 
drift [drift]

想一想再看

vi. 漂流,漂移,漂泊,吹积,偏离
vt.

 
fantasy ['fæntəsi]

想一想再看

n. 幻想
v. 幻想

联想记忆
overwhelming ['əuvə'welmiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 势不可挡的,压倒的

 
naive [nɑ'i:v]

想一想再看

adj. 天真的,幼稚的

联想记忆
awkwardness ['ɔ:kwədnis]

想一想再看

n. 笨拙

 
inviting [in'vaitiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 吸引人的,诱人的 动词invite的现在分词

联想记忆
permanent ['pə:mənənt]

想一想再看

adj. 永久的,持久的
n. 烫发

联想记忆
loyalty ['lɔiəlti]

想一想再看

n. 忠诚,忠心

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。