手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《广告狂人》 > 广告狂人第三季 > 正文

广告狂人第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第10集:阿卡尔发胶的广告创意

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Butter.

黄油
And the apples are good now but not from the market.
现在的苹果很好,但市场上卖的不行
I can go to Rodney farms on Sunday.
我星期天可以去罗德尼农场
It's near church.
那里离教堂很近
Can't we go to Rodney farms? We'll see.
我们不能去罗德尼农场吗,再说吧,
Why don't we go to church?
我们为什么不去教堂
We go to church.
我们去教堂啊
On christmas. Carla goes every sunday.
只在圣诞节的时候,可是卡拉每周日都去
We don't need to go every week.
我们不需要每周都去
Anything else?
还有什么需要买的吗
It's early.
你回来得真早
Do you want a drink? Yes.
想喝一杯吗,是的,
How was school today? Good.
今天在学校过得怎么样,很好,
How come you never ask me? I do.
你怎么从来不问我,我会问你的,
It's just your answer is always longer
只是你的回答一般比较长
So I thought I'd start with Sally.
所以我先从萨丽开始
When's halloween? Before thanksgiving.
万圣节在什么时候,感恩节之前,
Francine and Carlton have invited us
弗朗辛和卡尔顿邀请我们一起过节
But I think if we're going to be selling daddy's house I don't know
但如果我们要出售父亲的房子的话
It might be nice to have it there one last time.
也许我们应该在那里过最后一次节
Are you going to sleep here tonight?
你今晚在家里睡吗
No.
不,
You're working too much.
你工作过度了
Betts I don't have a choice. No
贝蒂,我别无选择,不,
That's not what I mean. I just
我不是那个意思,只是
I see how hard you're working.
我知道你非常拼命地工作
Hello.
你好
Inside.
进来吧
Were you grading papers?
你在批阅试卷吗
Why?
为什么这么问
I don't know if you're hungry but I made date nut bread.
不知道你饿不饿,我做了海藻坚果面包
Actually I made three
事实上我做了三个
A bake sale.
降价促销
Oh your service called. Mr. Hilton was looking for you
对了,你秘书打电话说希尔顿先生在找你
But he's probably in the air right now.
但他可能在飞机上
Thanks Miss Farrell.
谢谢你,法雷尔老师
That's good to know.
谢谢你告诉我
I thought so.
我也觉得
I want you to spend the whole night.
我想你留下来过夜
You couldn't possibly be asleep already.
你肯定还没睡着
This eightyearold Charlie
今天有个名叫查理的八岁小男孩
Looked up at me during art today and said
在美术课上抬头望着我问
"How do I know if what I see as blue is the same as it is to you?"
我怎么知道我看到的蓝色和你看到的是一样的呢,
And what did you say?
那你怎么说的
The truth.
我说了事实
I don't know.
我不知道
I never have
我从来都不知道
But I love that he made me think about that again.
但他让我忍不住回想这个问题,我喜欢这种感觉
What would you have said?
如果是你会怎么说
I would have told Charlie
我会告诉查理
That my job is about
我的工作就是
Boiling down communication to its essentials
挖掘人类共通的情感
And that I know
而我知道
That there is a blue
有一种蓝色
That at least 45% of the population sees as the same.
在至少45%的人看来是一样的
Maybe half those people think they're looking at yellow.
这些人当中的一半或许认为自己看到的是黄色
Maybe.
也许吧
But the truth is people may see things differently
但事实是人们看待事物的眼光不同
But they don't really want to.
其实他们不想那样
Do you feel bad about what you do?
你难道讨厌自己的职业吗
Nobody feels as good about what they do as you do.
不是每个人都像你一样热爱自己的工作
Oh. That's sweet.
你真好
I wish I could've known you at eight.
我真希望八岁时就认识你
I bet you were serious.
我想你当时就很严肃
I would've liked you.
我肯定会喜欢上你
Long curly hair
长长的卷发
No one has it anymore.
举世无双
Why don't you take her? Because I said no.
你怎么不带上她,因为我拒绝了,
You'd rather not go than with me?
你宁愿不去也不肯跟我一起去吗
What do you think Mr. Draper would say if you showed up at
你说当德雷柏先生看到你和他的秘书一起
The Sterling Cooper 40th with his secretary?
出现在斯特林公司40年庆典上会有什么反应呢
Good morning Mr. Draper. Coffee?
早上好,徳雷柏先生,要喝咖啡吗
Morning don. Morning fellas. Yes.
早上好,唐,早上好,伙计们,是的,
Aqua net 9:00. Get Peggy.
阿卡亚发胶九点钟的会议,把佩奇叫来,
Don if you could stand over there?
唐,你站在那里好吗
It's Paul Kinsey theater.
下面请欣赏来自保罗·金西的精彩表演
This was my thought
先说说我的想法
Aqua net is about hold
阿卡亚发胶重在定型
but it is also about beauty.
但同时也要关注美丽
So we're driving
我们在开车
Two couples. I call it "double date".
两对情侣,可以称之为四人约会
The woman in the back's scarf blows
后排女士的头巾被吹掉了
Off and her hair starts blowing.
她的头发在空中乱舞
Her hairdo falls apart. Oh no!
她的发型被吹乱了,天啊,不
And then the woman in front takes off her scarf
然后前排的女士摘下了头巾
And hands it back to the woman in the back.
把它递给了后排的女士
Take mine.
用我的吧
And he says: "Are you sure Marcia?"
然后他说,你确定吗,玛西娅
Marcia's hair is perfect.
玛西娅的发型依然保持完美
And then her date gives her a knowing smile of admiration
然后她的男伴对着她会心一笑
On her confident smile.
回应了她自信的笑容
"Aqua net. Arrive in style."
阿卡亚,风格一路到底,
Too much story.
故事太繁杂
Every time I hear "and then" there's another
你每多说一次"然后"
Chance for the ladies at home to misunderstand.
家庭妇女们就会更容易产生误解
What if it's just the two couples the wind is blowing
如果只是两对情侣坐在车上,风很大
The woman in the back has to put on her kerchief
后排的女士不得不戴上她的头巾
and she just looks longingly at miss perfect in front?
同时她羡慕地望着前排的完美小姐
OK
不错
"Arrive in style" still works.
"风格一路到底"这句广告词还是可以用,
And at the end you can see the can with the kerchief
广告的最后,一条头巾搭在发胶瓶上
Like a seethrough one over it and the wind blows it off
那种透明的丝巾,然后风将丝巾吹走
To reveal the aqua net.
露出了阿卡亚的标志
A kerchief in a can?
将头巾放在发胶瓶里吗
Don't use that
别用这个
But very nice.
但挺好的
Well great then.
那太好了
What do you have for western union?
关于西部联盟,你们有什么想法
We don't meet until next week.
会议在下周才举行
Hilton takes precedence
希尔顿的广告案优先
so I need you two to be ready for me at a moment's notice.
所以我希望你们两个随时做好准备
And it has to be TV to compete with the phone company.
只有电视才能和电话公司竞争
I love getting telegrams but I never send them.
我喜欢收电报,但我从不发电报
How is that supposed to help?
你说这个有什么用
I've got it.
让我来吧
My goodness. This is where everyone is.
天啊,原来你们都在这里
Allison my dear do you mind?
艾莉森,亲爱的,可以回避一下吗
All the paperwork is through on your contract.
所有的合同材料都已办妥
It is my pleasure to deliver your signing bonus personally.
很荣幸能亲自把签约奖金送到你手上
You see I don't just fire people.
看吧,我不只会炒人鱿鱼
So we finally have an answer to the question:
所以这个问题终于有了答案
"What makes Don Draper smile?"
什么能让唐·德雷柏喜笑颜开,
seems to be the number.
看来需要五千美金,$5000
I wonder why it took two months.
我在想为什么用了两个月时间
Will your amigo Connie Hilton be attending
你的朋友康尼·希尔顿会出席
the anniversary party Friday?
星期五的周年庆派对吗
In his dressiest stetson. Splendid.
戴着他最考究的斯泰森毡帽,太好了,
You will be speaking last.
你被安排在最后发表演讲
It's prime time. Please prepare.
那可是黄金时段,请好好准备
I'm sorry to interrupt.
抱歉打扰了
Mr. Pryce your wife is here and has
普莱斯先生,您太太来了
Requested your attention immediately.
她要求马上见你
Where? Your office.
她在哪里,你的办公室,
What's going on? I'll find out.
发生什么事了,我去打探一下,
No it's okay.
不用了,没关系
Mr. Kinsey to see you.
金西先生要见你
What was that?
怎么回事
Thank you Olive. What?
谢谢你,奥利弗,怎么了
I don't need you to put your little swirl on top of my idea.
我不需要你在我的创意上发挥想象
No one's keeping score. I am.
又没人在计分,我在计分,
And every time we work together
每次我们一起工作
It looks like you carried the load
都看起来像你在挑大梁
Because you're spontaneous you're a girl
因为你总是不自觉地发表意见,你是女孩
You're his favorite and you use aqua net.
你是他的最爱,而且你是阿卡亚发胶的消费者
Are you nuts? He hates me. That's rich.
你是白痴吗,他讨厌我,真可惜,
Wearing a dress isn't going to help you with western union.
在西部联盟这个案子上,你穿裙子可没用
You do your work. I'll do mine.
你干你的,我干我的
Let the chips fall where they may.
我们走着瞧
Mrs. Pryce your water.
普莱斯太太,你的水
Thank you ever so much John.
谢谢你,约翰
Will there be anything else?
还有别的需要吗
Oh he's such a toad.
他真讨厌
He is. He is. Darling please sit down.
确实,亲爱的,坐吧
No. I'm not going to let you
不,我不会再让你
Force me to do anything anymore.
强迫我做任何事了
Am I to entertain your ballad of dissatisfaction
是我惹你生气了
Or has something actually happened?
还是确实发生什么事了
Because I am at work dear.
因为我正在工作,亲爱的
Oh I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
I went to pick up my gown.
我去取我的长外套
The queue for my taxi was 10 long
我等计程车的那条队伍都是
With tose fat ladies in their furs.
一些养尊处优的穿着皮草的胖女人
Finally I think I'm en route but I see the park.
终于坐上计程车了,可当我看到公园
I insist it's the wrong direction and he's
我坚持说他开错了方向
Obviously running up my fare which he was.
而他显然还在计费,我非常确定
I'm so sorry darling. I had to stop here
抱歉,亲爱的,我不得不停在这里,
Because I'd already taken a $2.25 tour of harlem
因为我花了2.25美元在黑人住宅区里转悠
and that was all the money I had.
那是我所有的钱
Oh well we'll get you home right away.
好了,现在就让你回家
Do you have enough cash to get me to London?
你有足够的钱让我回伦敦吗
Because this is not my home.
因为这里不是我的家
These things take time. Not for you.
这需要时间适应,你不需要适应,
If a superior demands you to be happy
如果你的上司要求你快乐
You say "yes sir. Right away sir."
你就会说"好的先生,马上好,先生"
Go on. Let's have it all shall we?
继续吧,把话敞开来说吧
Oh you like it here
你喜欢这里
The smells the noise and the criminals at every level.
你喜欢这里的气味,噪音甚至犯罪
I have made the best of this.
我尽力做到最好
My salary is good. The company is flourishing.
我的工资不错,我的公司蒸蒸日上
My wife has a beautiful gown.
我的太太有着漂亮的长外套
May I see it?
我可以看看吗
It's not London.
这里不是伦敦
It's not even England. Well that's true.
这里甚至不是英国,说的没错,
I've been here 10 months
我在这里待了十个月
and no one's ever asked me where I went to school.
却从来没人问我在哪里完成的学业
Oh. I want to scream.
我想大叫
Don't.
别叫出来
Roll over.
翻过来
Just a minute!
稍等一下
Why did you answer?
你为什么要应答
I had to see you.
我必须来见你
I called you from the bus station in New Haven
我之前从纽黑文车站给你打了电话
before I started hitching. You never ansered.
然后我不得不搭便车过来,因为你没有接电话
I'm so sorry.
我很抱歉
Can you give me a minute?
等我一会好吗
It's my brother.
他是我弟弟
Get rid of him for 15 minutes. I'll run out.
让他回避十五分钟,我跑出去
No it's okay don. Come outside.
没关系,唐,出来吧
No. So there's a man in here.
不,他知道这里有个男人
He doesn't need to know it's me.
但他不必知道那个人是我
I want you to meet him.
我想你见见他
I don't want to ruin this.
我不想毁了这一切
It's okay.
没事的
I promise.
我保证
Danny I'd like you to meet my friend Don.
丹尼,这是我朋友唐
Sorry to interrupt. Danny be polite.
抱歉打扰了,丹尼,礼貌点,
I really am sorry. What happened there?
真的很抱歉,你的头怎么了,
Is it bad under there? Are you hungry?
伤得严重吗,你饿了吗
No.
不,
Well I should be going.
我该走了
Listen I know what it looks like
听着,我知道你怎么看我
But I'm not a junkie.
但我不是个瘾君子
Although apparently I'm too dangerous
虽然我看上去不像一个
to push a cart in a public library.
在图书馆推小车的老好人
He has fits.
他的病发作了
I'm sorry.
抱歉
I interrupted you.
打扰你们了
It's a nice night. I'll see you in the morning Suzy.
今晚很愉快,我们明早再见,苏珊
Stop it.
别说了
I wish you the best. You don't even know me.
祝你一切安好,你根本不认识我,
I'll call you. Tomorrow.
我再打给你,明天,
He could've just stayed inside your bedroom.
他本可以躲在你的卧室里
I wanted you two to meet.
我想你们见个面
You're my baby brother.
你是我弟弟
Well he knows how to leave a room.
他显然精通此道
Reminds me of mom.
这让我想起了妈妈
He's just very private.
他很注重隐私
He's arrogant.
他很傲慢
His plans were interrupted. You don't know him.
他的计划被打断了,你不了解他,
I'm going to get you another job
我会帮你再找份工作
Someplace safe.
在一个安全的地方
Safe.
安全
Other people are the problem.
别人对我来说都是大麻烦
Name such place.
你可以找到这种地方吗
People are ignorant.
人们很无知
They're scared of things they don't understand.
他们害怕自己不了解的东西
I'm really hungry.
我真的饿了
We were giddy. 1923.
1923年我们还很迷惘,
We didn't know the soup was gonna hit the fan
我们不知道会有大危机
But we made it through.
但我们撑过去了
All these guys are dead...
照片上的人都死了
Except you of course...
当然除了你
And Doug Thompson
还有道格·汤普森
But I wish he were.
但我希望他死了
He left me a whole roll of bolls laxatives.
他给我留了一整瓶泻药
I thought they were candies.
我还以为是糖呢
I want him to show up and keel over.
我想他在我面前倒下
Damn it. I don't want to go to another funeral.
该死,我不想再参加葬礼了
Well I'm not really gonna kill him.
我又不是真的要杀他
I just would like to that's all.
只是想想而已
40th anniversary.
四十周年纪念日,
40 would be an insignificant year
四十周年毫无意义,
Were it not the average lifespan of a man in this business.
这数字正好是一个广告人的平均寿命
I don't think it's a bad idea to have
我觉得趁此机会
A chance to outdrink your clientele.
把客户都灌倒也挺好的
Who am I kidding? I don't want to go either.
我在骗谁呢,我也不想去
Have to watch Don Draper
我怎能忍受看着唐·德雷柏
accept an award for his humanity?
因为他的人性而获奖
Don is important.
唐是个重要人物
You know I found that guy working in a fur company
知道吗,我发现那家伙在一家皮草公司工作
Night school.
在夜校里
And that girl Betty.
还有那个叫贝蒂的女孩
I remember Mona said they looked like
我记得莫娜说过他们看起来就像
They were on top of our wedding cake.
婚礼蛋糕上的人偶一样
Screw him.
去他的
Have the party without me. I can't do it.
不去参加那个派对,我做不到
I won't.
我不会那么做的
Okay. Okay.
好吧
It's just a party. If you don't want to go you don't have to go.
那只是个派对,你要是不想去就别去
It's not like it's our company anymore anyway.
反正现在也不像是我们的公司了
Oh my god.
我的天啊
Remember her?
还记得她吗
Can I? If you do it right.
我可以接电话吗,除非你表现得体,
Hello Draper residence.
你好,这里是德雷柏家
Hello?
有人吗
There's nobody there. They hanged up.
电话那头没人,他们挂了
Hang it up.
挂电话
Why'd they hang up?
他们为什么挂了
Probably a wrong number. People do it all the time.
也许是打错了,人们常打错电话
But I could hear somebody and they heard me.
但我听到那头有人而且他们也听到我了
My goodness Sally Draper.
天啊,萨丽·德雷柏
Try not to take everything to personally.
别对每件事都那么在意
Jeez Louise.
天啊
The phone is cheap.
电话很廉价
It's everday and you can't trust it.
不过是日常生活设备,而且不可靠
The telegraph is
而电报
Honest solid
很诚实,可靠
And clear. It's old but it's good...
清晰明了,虽然古老,但依然优秀
Traditional.
传统
Sorry about that Olive.
抱歉,奥利弗
Peggy.
佩奇
Peggy!
佩奇
Hello?
有人吗
Did you see a girl come through here?
你见过一个女孩从这里经过吗
No sir.
没有,先生
I'm Paul by the way. I'm Achilles.
顺便说一下我叫保罗,我叫阿基里斯,
Achilles.
阿基里斯
Well hello Achilles.
你好,阿基里斯
Are you okay? Are you Greek?
你还好吗,你是希腊人吗,
I'm an American citizen.
我是美国公民
No of course.
当然
It's just that's a mighty big name.
只是这是个英雄的名字(希腊神话)
How did that happen?
为什么起这个名字呢
It's been in my family for generations.
这个名字在我们家族世代承袭
When we have a party and someone says "Achilles"
有时我们开派对时,有人喊了句"阿基里斯"
All the men turn their heads.
所有人都转头望着我
In fact one christmas Hush.
事实上有一年的圣诞节,别出声,
I've got it.
我想到了
You've got what?
想到什么了
Achilles I have thought of something very very good.
阿基里斯,我想到了一个绝妙的创意
I'm glad to hear it. Oh it's truly great news.
我为你高兴,这真是个天大的好消息,
Yeah your whole face changed. Did it?
对啊,你整张脸的表情都变了,是吗,
Well I think I shall sleep very soundly tonight.
我想我今晚会睡得很甜
I wish you the same.
祝你也睡个好觉
Is that taken?
旁边座位有人吗
I'll only stay for a stop.
我只坐一站
I tried to catch you on the platform.
我刚刚试图在站台叫住你
What are you doing here?
你在这里做什么
I need to talk to you.
我要跟你谈谈
Did you call my house last night?
你昨晚打电话去我家了吗
No I didn't.
不,我没有
This was a mistake. Sit down.
我不该来的,坐下,
I'm sorry.
对不起
You said you'd call me.
你说过会打给我
Your brother is there.
你弟弟现在在你家
I don't care about your marriage your work
我不在乎你的婚姻和工作
Or any of that
还是其他什么
As long as I know you're with me.
只要我知道你跟我在一起
I'm sorry.
对不起
I got him a job
我帮他找了份工作
At the V.A. Hospital in Bedford.
在贝德福德的退伍军人医院
He'll be pushing a broom but it has nice grounds.
他负责扫地,但那里的地板很好
You can come back tonight.
你今晚可以过来
He'll be gone.
他不在
Are you sure? Stop it.
你确定吗,别说了,
Scarborough!
斯卡伯勒
Briarcliff Manor!
布瑞尔克里夫庄园
Scarborough! Briarcliff manor!
斯卡伯勒,布瑞尔克里夫庄园
It was nice meeting you.
很高兴见到你
Mr. Kinsey.
金西先生
Paul!
保罗
Sorry to wake you. It's 9:00 a.m.
抱歉叫醒你,已经早上九点了
Good morning Lois. Good morning.
早上好,露易丝,早上好,
I need you to type something for me.
我需要你帮忙打些东西
Were you in here before? No.
你进来过吗,没有,
So you haven't touched anything?
所以你什么都没碰吗
No.
没有
You do that sometimes.
你有时会乱动我的东西
What was it? Does it look like I know?
你在找什么,你以为我知道吗,
I wrote it down.
我当时记下来了
I know I wrote it down.
我知道我记下来了
Did you find it?
你找到了吗
It's always the last place you look.
一般都落在你意想不到的地方
My mother always said
我妈妈总说丢了东西的话
to retrace your steps if you lost something.
就把事情经历在大脑里重新过一遍
Would you shut up?
你可以闭嘴吗
"In conclusion
总而言之,
With the help of Sterling Cooper
在斯特林&库珀公司的帮助下
Its ingenuity and influence
凭借自身的创造力和影响力
America is teaching business to the world."
美国正在将经商之道扩展到全世界
Very rousing sir.
非常振奋人心,先生
Churchill rousing or Hitler rousing?
丘吉尔式的鼓舞还是希特勒式的煽动
Mr. Pryce's office.
普莱斯先生办公室
Just a moment please.
请稍等
London calling. Mr. Ford.
弗德先生从伦敦打来的电话
Harold.
哈罗德
Just calling for a status report on our little party.
只是询问一下我们的小派对的进展情况
All is well although as of late
一切顺利,不过因为赶不及
Bert Cooper will be in absentia.
伯特·库珀将会缺席
Well that won't do.
那可不行
We're flying across the pond.
我们飞洋越海,千辛万苦
We expect all the flowers in the vase.
我们希望所有成员,一个都不能少
What does that mean? Look Lane
那是什么意思,听着,莱恩,
We've had interest in the company for some months
我们投资这个公司已经几个月了
And this party is essential to attracting a second suitor.
能否吸引到第二买家,这个派对至关重要
For what purpose?
为什么
Did we reach you at a bad time?
你现在不方便讲电话吗
You seem foggy.
你听上去很迷惑
Saint John here. Oh hello.
我是圣约翰,你好,
Lane Sterling Cooper is for sale.
莱恩,我们将出售斯特林&库珀公司
But why?
为什么
We've reduced the staff and increased the revenue by 22%.
我们已经裁员,而且利润增长了22%
I think you've answered your own question.
我想你已经回答了自己的问题
We need this party to encourage interest.
我们需要这个派对来吸引买家的兴趣
Do your best Lane. Yes of course.
好好干,莱恩,我会的,当然,
Are you quite all right sir? Yes.
你还好吗,先生,是的,
That'll be all.
没别的事了
Henry Francis please.
请接亨利·弗朗西斯
It's Betty Draper.
我是贝蒂·德雷柏
How are you? What a nice surprise.
最近好吗,接到你的来电真惊喜
I was wondering if you called my home last night.
我在想你昨晚有没有打电话到我家
No.
没有
No I didn't.
不,我没有
Oh well we had a hang up. I thought it might be you.
有个电话打进来,没说话就挂了,我以为是你
Really?
真的吗
I'm terribly embarrassed.
真尴尬
Do you want me to call you?
你希望我打给你吗
No.
不,
But you thought it was me.
但你以为是我
What are you laughing at?
你笑什么
I didn't call you and I'm not going to
我没有打给你,也不打算打给你
But if you're going to call me call me.
但如果你想打给我就打吧
Don't make up excuses.
别找借口
I'm not playing a game here.
我不是在玩游戏
Goodbye. Goodbye Betty.
再见,再见,贝蒂,
Do you mind? This is rather serious.
介意我关掉吗,这件事很重要
Go ahead.
请便
It has come to my attention that
我刚刚发现
You're not attending the Sterling Cooper 40th anniversary.
你不打算出席斯特林&库珀公司四十周年庆典
I wouldn't have told Roger if I planned on it remaining a secret.
如果我打算保密,就不会告诉罗杰了
In great Britain
在英国
We have a good deal of testimonials
我们也设有很多奖项
and the senior members are all equally unenthused.
而那些高层元老却都毫无兴趣
It marks the passage of time.
这标志着时间的过去
It's painful I imagine.
我想,应该很痛苦
I didn't get to where I am by dwelling on the past.
如果我一直缅怀过去就不会有今天的成就
So think of the future hmm?
那就想想未来吧
All of our clients all of our staff
我们所有的客户,所有的员工
The press newspapers and trade publications
媒体,报纸,商业刊物
Enjoy the fruit of your longevity.
好好享受美好的人生吧
You really pour the honey on then you lick it off.
你说话像涂了蜜,但你却又全舔干净了
Well if you care about Sterling Cooper at all
如果你真的在乎斯特林&库珀公司
Remember that
你要知道
your absence will make everyone think you are ill.
你的缺席会让人们以为你病倒了
Who told you I was vain?
难道有人跟你说我贪恋虚荣吗
Please.
拜托
It's obvious.
显而易见
I want to show mommy.
我想拿给妈咪看
Mommy!
妈咪
Maybe she's not here. Carla.
也许她不在,卡拉,
Are you feeling all right? I'm fine.
你还好吗,我没事,
I want you to take the children to the park.
我想你带孩子们去公园
Don't come home...
别太早回来
Just dinner time would be perfect.
最好晚饭时间再回来
Take them to the library.
带他们去图书馆
Hello.
你好
I'm glad to see you.
真高兴见到你
Sorry again.
再一次抱歉
We were gonna leave after school
本来说好了我放学后就走
and I am still here obviously.
可我还在这里
You want to wait here for me?
你愿意在这里等我吗
He has to report tomorrow.
他明天必须去报道
Let me do it.
让我来吧
Let me drive him. Where are you going again?
我来载他,你们要去哪里来着
Bedford massachussets. It's a long drive Don.
贝德福德,路很远,唐,
And you'll have to come back alone.
如果你去的话,就得独自开夜车回来了
Let me do this for you.
让我替你去吧
I don't want to say goodbye up there.
我不想在那里告别
It's gonna come out ungrateful.
显得很忘恩负义
There's $375 in there okay?
这里有375美元,好吗
How many times have you done this?
这是你第几次这么做了
Don't you need to gas up?
你不用加油吗
No we're fine.
不用,足够了
So you're not gonna stop?
你不打算停车吗
Do you need to stop?
你要我停车吗
I have some movie in my head where I give you the slip
我本来计划好了,找机会偷偷甩掉你
But I might as well tell you:
但我还是实话告诉你好了
I'm not going to Bedford.
我不去贝德福德了
Well I am
但是我要去
So I guess you kind of have to.
所以你也只好去了
Why do you care?
关你什么事
You're just gonna go back and screw her.
你只想回去跟她上床
I don't know if you're capable of understanding
我不知道你能不能明白
but that job is important.
但那份工作很重要
Did you get me the job? No.
那份工作是你帮我找的吗,不是,
So shut up.
那就闭嘴
I'm not retarded.
我不是智障
Julius Caesar had epilepsy.
凯撒大帝也患有癫痫
He ran Rome.
他却掌控着整个罗马,
Things didn't turn out so well for him.
他的下场可不怎么样,
I know what's waiting for me at that place.
我知道如果我去了,会过着怎样的生活
I'm 25 years old Don.
我二十五岁了,唐
I don't want to be cleaning toilets until I die.
我不想刷马桶刷到死
Just pull over.
停车吧
Hold on.
等等
What?
怎么了
I'm older than you and I'm telling you
我年纪比你大,而我要告诉你
It seems bad now but you can still change things.
尽管情况看起来很糟,但你可以作出改变
Pull myself up by the bootstraps?
自力更生,白手起家吗
Does that just sound stupid to you?
你认为这听起来很蠢吗
How do I explain this?
我怎么解释好呢
I can't do anything that you can do.
你能做到的所有事情我都做不到
Everyone knows sooner or later
人们迟早有一天会发现
That there's something wrong with me.
我身上某些地方不对劲
They're kind and they try
他们好心尝试改变我
But then when I come to with piss in my pants
但当我病发,大小便失禁的时候
They stare at me like I'm from another planet.
他们看我的眼神就像我是外星人一样
I am afflicted okay?
我也很苦恼,好吗
It's not a question of will. I can't change that.
这不是想不想的问题,我无法改变
Do you need money?
你需要钱吗
Always.
一向需要
I swore to myself I would try to do this right once.
老天保佑,但愿我这么做是对的
Do what?
做什么
I want you to call me if you ever need to.
你有任何需要,尽管打给我
And I want you to remember
我希望你记住
If something happens to you
如果你出了什么事
Your sister will never forgive herself.
你姐姐将永远无法原谅自己
You're not gonna tell her are you?
你不会告诉她吧
That I let you out 20 miles
告诉她在距离弗雷明汉20里的地方
outside of Framingham?
我让你下车了吗
Take care.
保重
I know he thought I was passing him off
我知道他以为我只想把他送走
but he means the world to me.
但他是我的一切
He knows that.
他知道的
What was the place like?
那个地方怎么样
Nice. Bullshit.
不错,胡说,
He'll be as good as he can be.
他会尽力做好的
Don I don't want to.
唐,我不想
I don't.
我不想
It's okay.
没关系
Coffee?
要咖啡吗
No.
不,
Can you get my wife on the phone?
可以帮忙接通我太太吗
Betty? Where were you last night?
贝蒂,你昨晚去哪里了,
I told youI was with Hilton.
我跟你说了,我跟希尔顿在一起
Oh I must have forgotten.
一定是我忘了
Well did you remember to pick up my tuxedo?
你还记得要去取回我的礼服吗
Yesterday. It's in the closet.
昨晚就收在衣柜了
I'll get home at 5:30.
我五点半到家
We should leave within the hour.
我们将在一小时内出发
I don't know. I don't know if I'm going to go.
我不知道,我没想好去不去
What's wrong?
怎么了
What's wrong?
怎么了
What's wrong?
怎么了
I don't feel well.
我不太舒服
Get into bed
躺一会吧
And grab a hotwater bottle. You have seven hours.
喝些热水,你还可以休息7个小时
It's all the clients and all the partners
所有的客户和合伙人都会出席
And they're all expecting me to show up with
他们都希望看到我带着
the glamorous elegant stunning betty draper.
迷人,优雅,美丽的贝蒂·德雷柏出席
I want to show you off Betts.
我想让你艳惊全场,贝蒂
Okay.
好吧
Are you ready? Don's expecting us.
准备好了吗,唐在等我们
I've got nothing.
我什么都还没有
What a relief. Mine's garbage too.
真是松了一口气,我的创意也很垃圾
No I had something
不,我想到过一个好的创意
Something incredible but I lost it.
一个绝妙的创意,但我却失去了
I didn't write it down.
我没记下来
I hate that.
我讨厌这种情况
It might've been the best idea I ever had.
那也许是我想到过的最出色的创意了
I did everything. I talked to Achilles;
我什么方法都试过了,我跟阿基里斯聊天
I spent last night recreating every detail of the evening
我一整晚都在重演那晚的每一个细节
hoping it would come back.
希望那个创意会再度在脑海中闪现
You know how it is. There was nothing
你知道是怎样一种情况,先是一片空白
Then there was it and now it's nothing again.
然后灵光一现,然后又消失得无影无踪
I'm so sorry.
我很遗憾
How do you talk to Achilles?
你跟阿基里斯都谈了什么
He is a janitor with a very bad memory.
他是个记性很差的维修工
You know what the chinese say?
你知道中国人怎么说的吗
"The faintest ink is better than the best memory."
好记性不如烂笔头,
Come on. We've failed before.
来吧,我们以前也失败过
Okay we really looked for advantages.
好的,我们认真想过了电报的优势
One of them is phone calls happen every day.
其中一个就是,我们每天都打电话
A telegram's a big deal.
却极少收到电报
Something like...
类似于
"She's getting married
她要结婚了,
Are you really just going to give her a call?"
你真的打算只给她打个电话吗
Sounds like you are talking to her parents.
听起来你像是在跟她的父母说话
They should really be at the wedding.
他们会亲自出席婚礼
Also... Old people love them.
还有就是,老人们喜欢电报
"When you care send one there."
"问候你我心,电报传真情"
That's a slogan not an idea. Paul?
那只是句广告语,不是个创意,保罗呢
Mine aren't any better. Damn
我的也不怎么样,该死,
It Kinsey. What's your excuse?
金西,你有什么借口
Don't yell at him. Excuse me?
别对他吼,你说什么,
Tell him what happened.
告诉他发生了什么事
No.
不,
The dog ate my homework.
狗吃了我的作业
I had a great idea and I lost it.
我想到个绝妙的创意,却又忘了
I didn't write it down.
我没记下来
I hate when that happens.
我讨厌这种情况
I keep thinking about that Chinese thing you said.
我一直在想你说的那句中国谚语
What was it?
怎么说来着
"The faintest ink is better than the best memory."
好记性不如烂笔头,
Just makes me think you call someone on the phone
我不禁想到,当你打电话给某人,然后说
"Hello I'm getting married"
"你好,我要结婚了"
"Congratulations on the baby" and...
"恭喜你喜得贵子"
Then you hang up.
然后你挂掉电话
It's gone.
一切又都没了
It's different if you send a telegram.
如果你用电报的话,情况就不同了
Telegram is permanent.
电报是永恒的
Something like "A telegram is forever."
创意的主题可以是,"电报是永恒的"
You can't frame a phone call.
你无法将一通电话装裱纪念
My god!
天啊
That's the way to go. You keep working on that.
创意的大方向就是这个了,你们继续努力
When do you want it?
你什么时候要
Party's tonight.
今晚有派对
Monday.
星期一吧
See?
看到了吗
It all works out.
都解决了
Betts are you ready?
贝蒂,准备好了吗
The car is downstairs. The driver is Chinese.
车子在楼下了,司机是个中国人,
Ready Betts?
好了吗,贝蒂
Look how pretty mommy is.
看妈妈多漂亮
Where are we going?
我们要去哪里
To Waldorf Astoria mommy.
去华尔道夫饭店,妈妈
Then we passed it it's on 5th Avenue.
那我们开过了,它在第五大道上
It's on Park moved years ago.
现在在公园大道上,搬迁已经好几年了
That's right that's right.
没错,没错
Why did they ever do that?
他们为什么要搬迁
Enjoy the world as it is Margaret.
管它世事如何变化呢,玛格丽特
They'll change it...
一切总是在不停地改变
And never give you a reason.
却从来也没有个理由
Mommy she is not Margaret
妈妈,她不是玛格丽特
she is Jane. She is my wife.
她是简,她是我妻子
Does Mona know? Yes she knows.
莫娜知道吗,她当然知道,
You seem surprised that there's traffic.
看来你对堵车感到很意外
There's always traffic.
整天都在堵车
Calm yourself we'll arrive on time.
冷静下来吧,我们会准时到的
They are selling the company.
他们要卖掉公司
What?
什么
They are selling Sterling Cooper.
他们要卖掉斯特林&库珀公司
When? I have no idea.
什么时候,不知道,
What happenned to the Americans?
公司里那些美国人怎么办
They'll go to the highest bidder.
他们将被出价最高的买家纳入麾下
I know you hate uncertainity
我知道你讨厌不确定的事情
But it complements the fact that we are returning to england.
但至少我们可以回英国了
I'm gonna keep going on
我决定继续讲
And make Don Draper wait because
让唐·德雷柏等着,因为
God knows we've all waited for him.
上帝知道我们等他也等了很久
As if being...
如果说
Decorated for his services in Korea were not enough
他曾在朝鲜战场服役的经历还不够荣誉的话
His carrer has yield even more awards.
他在广告业所获得奖项甚至更多
The American Association of advertising agency's "Arthur Kudner" award
全美广告协会颁发的"亚瑟·卡德"奖
"Printer's ink" magazine's advertising gold medal
《印刷·墨迹》杂志颁发的广告金奖,
The Advertising Writers Association of New York...
还有纽约广告作家协会
I'm not reading all these.
我可不打算念完
He is loyal charming
他很忠诚,迷人
Quiet but not modest
沉默但并不谦虚
Why should he be?
他为什么要谦虚呢
We have to thank his beautiful wife Betty
我们要感谢他美丽的妻子,贝蒂
And his three children for sharing him with us.
还有他的三个孩子,在背后支持他的事业
Because as we all know sometimes
因为我们知道,有时候
Sterling Cooper has gotten a large share.
他大部分时间都投进了斯特林&库珀公司
Bert Cooper...
伯特·库珀
And my father Roger Sterling senior
和我父亲老罗杰·斯特林
Bravely set this in motion 40 years ago.
四十年前在大风大浪中创建了公司
Now let me introduce the man who will
现在让我为大家介绍一个将
Stand alongside me for the next 40 years
将在未来四十年与我共同进退的人
Our creative director partner
我们的创意总监,工作伙伴
Father husband and friend.
父亲,丈夫和朋友
Don Draper.
唐·德雷柏
Please.
请停下来
Please.
请停下来
Please.
请停下来
I'm very honored.
我非常荣幸

重点单词   查看全部解释    
stare [steə(r)]

想一想再看

v. 凝视,盯着看
n. 凝视

 
slogan ['sləugən]

想一想再看

n. 标语,口号

 
relief [ri'li:f]

想一想再看

n. 减轻,解除,救济(品), 安慰,浮雕,对比

联想记忆
obvious ['ɔbviəs]

想一想再看

adj. 明显的,显然的

联想记忆
confident ['kɔnfidənt]

想一想再看

adj. 自信的,有信心的,有把握的
a

联想记忆
conclusion [kən'klu:ʒən]

想一想再看

n. 结论

 
insignificant [.insig'nifikənt]

想一想再看

adj. 无关紧要的,可忽略的,不重要的,无用的

 
longevity [lɔn'dʒeviti]

想一想再看

n. 长寿

联想记忆
score [skɔ:]

想一想再看

n. 得分,刻痕,二十,乐谱
vt. 记分,刻

联想记忆
pond [pɔnd]

想一想再看

n. 池塘
v. 筑成池塘

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。