手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《傲骨贤妻》 > 傲骨贤妻第三季 > 正文

傲骨贤妻第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第5集 像个遭了土改的地主

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

This is about a plane crash.

此案是关于一场空难
A Hammett GR6 carrying
一架汉密特GR6型飞机
35 passengers and five crew.
载着35名乘客和5名机组成员,
All 40 dead.
机上40人全部丧生
Many of their widows and widowers are here today.
其中许多人的遗孀或是鳏夫今天都在场
And all want to know one thing.
都想要弄清楚一件事
Why did this plane just drop from the sky?
这架飞机怎么就这样坠毁了呢
Like Kyle Lidtke.
比方说凯尔·里克
He lost his wife and two daughters in this crash.
他在这场空难中失去了妻子和两个女儿
Now the CEO of Hammett Aerospace
然而,汉密特航空航天公司的行政总裁
would have him believe it's the pilot's fault
告诉他空难是飞行员失误所致
and not their plane.
而不是他们的飞机有问题
But we ask you to reject
我们请求各位驳回这一辩护理由
this cynical blamethevictim defense
这不仅充满恶意,也是对逝者的亵渎
because this is a very simple case of...
因为此案事实清楚
...A flawed airplane design.
飞机设计存在缺陷,
My cocounsel Ms. Lockhart
我的协理律师,洛克哈特女士
represents the families of the passengers.
代理的是遇难乘客的家属
I represent the families of the crew.
我代理的是遇难机组人员的家属
But we decided to combine our lawsuits
但我们决定合并案件
because we agree on one thing.
因为我们在这一点上达成了共识
Hammett Aerospace put a jet into service
那就是汉密特公司心知一架飞机存在缺陷
that they knew was defective.
但却还是令其投入运营
How do we know this?
我们怎么知道的呢
How do we know that they knew their jet was defective?
我们怎么知道他们心知飞机存在缺陷呢
Because there is a very brave whistleblower
因为汉密特公司内部有一位勇气非凡的深喉
from within Hammett who's agreed to testify for us.
他愿意为我们出庭作证
Damn.
妈的
Not to sound too cynical but this could be a good thing.
不是我太极端,不过这可能是好事
Guiltridden whistleblower
可以说成是心怀愧疚的深喉
testifying from beyond the grave?
从坟里爬出来作证了?
They didn't do a great job crossexamining in the depo.
对方在庭外取证的时候做的不太好
And it's hard to crossexamine a corpse.
现在人死了,还怎么庭上交叉质询
The problem was in the wings.
问题出在机翼上
The deicing in the wings? Yes.
机翼上的除冰装置?是的,
It was a system of tubes that distributed fluid
这套系统由很多管道组成
to deice the wings during flight.
在飞行中输送液体以除冰
Not bad.
还不赖
We admit this into evidence.
我们已经把这个列为证物了
And avoid further crossexamination. Yup.
还避免了进一步的交叉质询,是的,
Falling forward.
这就叫敲钉转脚
Well that's the problem.
问题就在这
She's a great tutor.
这个家教不错
Grace's physics grades are the best of this year.
格蕾丝的物理成绩是今年最好的
And where did you find her?
你上哪儿找到这个家教的
The tutor Eli suggested her.
伊莱推荐的
And Grace is friends with her now?
格蕾丝现在和她成了好朋友了?
Yes. I'll talk to her.
是的,我会和她谈的
Who Grace or the tutor?
和谁谈,格蕾丝还是家教
The tutor.
家教
Well I can find some tutor referrals around here.
我也能请人推荐几个家教的
No that's okay.
不,不必了
Let me handle it with a flyswatter not a bazooka.
还是别用高射炮打蚊子了
I didn't think I was handling it with a bazooka.
我哪里是高射炮了
Uh okay we'll talk.
好吧,回头再聊
I got to go.
我得走了
Yes sir. David Lee's here.
老板好,大卫·李来了,
We need more conference room space.
会议室得弄得再大点
I'm like an itinerant farmer out here.
我在这像个遭了土改的地主似的
So Alicia
艾丽西娅
David and I head up the hiring committee
招聘委员会由我和大卫牵头
and we've decided the firm needs a new firstyear associate.
我们认为公司要招一名新进律师
So we want you to interview and hire someone.
我们希望由你面试招聘新人
Really?
真的吗
These are the new graduates
这些是芝大刚毕业的学生
from U of C. See who you like.
看看你喜欢哪个
You want me to do the actual hiring?
你们希望由我来招聘?
In consultation with the committee.
要和委员会商量的
And you'll be mentoring him too so choose well.
你还得带他,谨慎选择
Or her.
也许是个她
Oh Alicia uh I need
艾丽西娅
to talk to you a minute about the Cole divorce hmm?
我得和你谈谈那桩科尔式离婚案
Thank you for this.
太感谢你了
No not me. David.
别谢我,大卫的主意
I'm still supposed to be tense with you remember?
忘了么,我还应该装作和你关系紧张的样子
And by the way I know how Celeste works.
另外,我知道莎丽斯特的行事方式
Don't worry about it. No she thrives on chaos.
别担心,她一向喜欢浑水摸鱼,
She'll say a lot of things about me just to see how you react.
她会说一大堆关于我的事,看你怎么反应
Then I won't react.
那我就不反应
So we can't use "Cole divorce" as our cover word anymore
不能再用"科尔式离婚案"作暗号了
because I actually have a Cole divorce.
我手上现在真的有一宗科尔式离婚案
Oh. Well we don't need a cover word.
哦,我们不需要什么暗号了
I'm still undecided about it.
我还没决定要不要离婚
Ah yes the fiction of separation.
啊,分居造成的幻觉
You're putting your kids in private school?
你要让你的孩子上私立学校?
New item in your financial journal.
收支表上又添一大项
I'm thinking of it yes.
是的,我正在考虑
That's $35000 to 50 a year.
一年得三万五到五万美金
I know. My advice is you don't.
我知道,我建议你别这样,
Thank you but I'm fine.
谢谢,不过我还负担得起
No you don't understand. I'm not your accountant.
不,你没明白,我不是你的会计
You can overspend on anything you like but
你乱花钱不关我事
you need to get your husband to pay half.
但你得让你得丈夫负担一半
I... Why?
为什么
To preserve your dependency.
保持你们之间的依存关系
You pay that amount on your own
你要是独力支付
you lose your best argument against spousal maintenance.
你就失去了反对赡养费的最有力论据
Well I'm not asking Peter for spousal maintenance.
我又不希望彼得付给我赡养费
No not you. Him.
不是你,是他希望
Hey don't blame me. You guys wanted equal treatment.
别怪我,你们女人自己要求的平等权利
Thank Gloria Steinem.
多亏了斯泰纳姆
Peter makes less in the State's Attorney office than you.
彼得在州检察官办公室挣得比你少
He could come after you for support.
他完全可以来找你寻求经济支持
Peter's not coming after me for support.
彼得不会来找我要钱的
Alicia he'll come after you for everything.
艾丽西娅,他会来把你搜刮干净的
No he wants the governorship.
不,他想要的是州长的位子
That's what Eli's plotting over there right now.
所以伊莱现在才会在那边玩阴谋诡计
Give him the keynote.
让他作党大会的主旨发言
Are you kidding?
开玩笑么
At the Democratic Convention?
在民主党大会上?
Peter has the best story.
彼得的经历是最棒的
He went to prison on a trumpedup charge
遭人构陷入狱
fought it and made it back into office.
拼死斗争,最终重回州检察官办公室
It's a story of rebirth.
凤凰涅盘的故事啊
Eli he's a state's attorney.
伊莱,他只是个州检察官
And Obama was a state senator when he got the keynote.
欧巴马做演讲的时候还只是个州参议员
And a black man.
他还是个黑人呢
Who is it?
究竟是谁
Who's what?
什么谁
Who are you championing?
你们在为谁竞选造势
You must have somebody already.
你们肯定是手上有人了
Adam Spellman.
亚当·斯佩曼
Oh come on!
哦,不是吧
No to the State's Attorney but yes to a dogcatcher?
放着州检察官不要,去找个抓狗的?
He's not a dogcatcher.
他又不是抓狗的
He's a strong businessman with...
他是个成功的商人...
You think that's what America wants to see up on that dais?
美国人民怎能忍受这种货色站上演讲台
Eli it's already in the works. We're pushing Spellman.
伊莱,已经在运作了,我们力推斯佩曼
Don't worry about it.
别担心
Peter Florrick's marriage is his secret weapon
彼得的婚姻是他的秘密武器
not some keynote address.
他用不着作主旨演讲
So how is she doing?
对了,她现在怎样
They knew the deicing fluid tended to freeze
他们清楚除冰液体在机翼里
in the wing lines
有可能会冻住
but they decided to save money
但是为了省钱
and do nothing about it.
他们决定坐视不管
We move to introduce this deposition into evidence Your Honor.
法官大人,我们要把这份庭外取证作为证据
And we object Your Honor. It's hearsay.
反对,法官大人,这是传闻证据
We can't crossexamine a corpse. Really Mr. Roda?
我们又不能盘问一个死人,注意用词,
I'm sorry Your Honor. Inelegantly put.
抱歉,法官大人,用词不当
But I can't crossexamine the deceased.
但是我无法对一名逝去的人进行交叉盘问
Your Honor Rule 212 expressly permits the use
法官大人,伊州高法第212条规定
of a recorded deposition when a witness dies.
当证人死亡时,其录制的取证内容可作证据
But only if the court in its discretion determines
但这必须经过法庭的谨慎裁定
it won't do a substantial injustice
认定其不会造成客观的不公正
such as in the case of perjury.
比方说,这可能是伪证
Which is why in the current matter I would direct
因此,我提请法庭留意
the court's attention to Mr. Ritter's suicide note.
里特先生的遗书
It consists of two lines.
一共两行
"It's a lie. I'm sorry."
"这是个谎言,我很抱歉"
Your Honor Mr. Ritter's wife was claiming
法官大人,里特先生的遗孀称
he slept with their 16yearold babysitter.
他和他们16岁的保姆上床了
The note refers to that.
遗书里指的是这个
We don't know that.
我们不能断定
He could be referring to his testimony in this trial.
他也可能指的是他在这次审判中的证言
At the very least the meaning is unclear.
至少,遗书的意思是不明确的
Unclear? Oh really? Are you serious?
不明确?你不是吧
I'm not prepared to interpret the law...
我可不会曲解法律...
You can all wear yourselves down.
你们就这么耗着吧
Tell me when you're ready.
准备好了你们再叫我
What do we do now?
现在怎么办
We have other options.
还有别的办法
Like what?
比如说呢
We'll ask for a continuance.
我们可以申请诉讼延期
We still have our expert witnesses.
我们手上还有专家证人呢
You thought they weren't enough.
你之前还说他们准备不足
Hold them accountable
千万要让他们经得住推敲
please... for my wife and daughters.
求你们了,为了我妻子和女儿们
Kalinda what are you doing?
凯琳达,你在干什么
Um Eli business. What do you need?
在忙伊莱的事,你有什么需要的
Yeah I'm already on it.
好,我这就去办
Yeah?
什么事
Adam Spellman do you know who that is?
亚当·斯佩曼,你认识吗
Adam Spellman. A businessman.
亚当·斯佩曼,是个商人
Head of the Chicago Black Leadership Council.
芝加哥黑人领袖委员会的头
Yeah I need you to look into him.
对,我需要你调查一下他
Look? As in find dirt.
调查? 就是找到他的污点,
Why?
为什么
He's the likely keynote speaker at the next Democratic Convention
他有可能在下一次民主党大会上作主旨发言
and if he has a skeleton in his closet
他要是有什么见不得光的秘密
I do not want him blowing up in the face of the Democratic Committee.
我可不希望他给民主党委员会丢脸
Really? How selfless of you.
真的,你太无私了
Yeah well I'm a caring individual.
是啊,古道热肠
I need it quick.
得快
Yeah. Everybody needs it quick.
是啊,每个人都要快
Ah.
啊哈
That was quick.
哎,还真快
It was a blind CC.
这是电子邮件的密送
Ritter emailed the CEO about the deicing problems
里特给行政总裁发电邮谈了除冰的问题
and on Ritter's copy
在里特的版本里
there were only two email addresses included in the CC.
他只在抄送一栏里填了两个电邮地址
But on the CEO's copy he BCC'd someone else.
但在行政总裁的版本里,他又密送了一个人
CS at Herald Equity Group? Who's that?
海拉德资产集团的科·斯?是谁
Oh no.
哦,不
What?
怎么了
He's a client of ours from two years ago.
他两年前是我们的客户
He was the venture capitalist on their IPO.
他是航天公司首次公开募股的风险资本家
CEO kept him in the loop.
总裁让他待在决策圈内
Great.
好极了
What?
怎么
Well he's not the most dependable of witnesses.
他是最不可靠的目击证人
He might not even talk to us.
甚至可能连话都不会跟我们说
He won't.
他不会说的
Call Alicia.
打电话给艾丽西娅
Why?
为什么
He'll talk to her.
他会跟她谈的
Here I didn't think we'd get a chance to work together.
我没想到这里有咱们共事的机会
See? Isn't this fun?
不是很有趣吗
So you and I should get some drinks
你和我应该喝一杯
trade whore stories.
交流一下淫荡的故事
Horror?
可怕的故事?
Yeah. What did I say?
是,我刚说什么了
He's not allowed to touch you or hand you anything.
不允许他接触你们,或者递东西
There's a panic button at the table if there's any problems.
如果有问题,桌上有个紧急按钮
That's not his style. How much does he know?
这不是他的风格,他知道多少
Nothing. I thought I'd let you broach it.
不知道,我以为得让你提出呢
Just like Clarice Starling huh?
有点像史达琳吧
Mrs. Florrick what a pleasure.
福瑞克女士,多荣幸啊
校对: Goldencui
总监:笑矣乎
You seem well.
你看起来不错
Oh under the circumstances
虎落平阳了
I uh do the best I can.
我,尽力做到最好
You have a tattoo I see.
你有纹身,明白了
What?
什么
Oh. Oh yeah.
是的
Oh this... oh this old thing?
这个,这个早有了
I wanted William Blake's the Ancient of Days
我想纹上威廉·布雷克的永恒之神
but beggars really can't be choosers here.
但这里的穷人没见识
And you Mrs. Florrick I imagine you're well?
你呢,福瑞克女士,我猜你也不错吧
Your husband's back in office
你丈夫重掌大权
you're thriving in your profession.
你的事业蒸蒸日上
The world must be your oyster.
正是人生得意之时
I would say the grass is always greener but...
我会说这山望着那山高,不过...
Yes.
是啊
Although there's a refreshing honesty to prison.
尽管,监狱里的坦诚实在令人耳目一新
People don't dissemble here they just take.
这里的人不遮掩,直接要
My firm needs your help Mr. Sweeney.
我的公司需要你的帮助,斯威尼先生
So that's it for small talk?
小聚就为了这个吗
We're suing a company Hammett Aerospace.
我们起诉一家公司,汉密特航空航天
There was a plane crash.
有起坠机事件
The Dorset crash yes I know.
多塞特空难,是,我知道
You were the financier on their IPO.
你曾是他们首次公开发行的资助者
We had a witness who knew there was a problem
我们有个目击证人知道
with the deicing system on the plane
飞机上的除冰系统有问题
but he committed suicide.
但他自杀身亡了
Oh dear.
哎呀
Yes.
是的
Anyway he was testifying to a meeting you attended.
不管怎样,他证实了你参加过会议
And you were wondering if I might testify in his stead?
你想知道我是否会替他出庭作证
Yes. Why me?
是,为什么是我,
Why not O.J.?
为什么不是辛普森呢
Won't the jury be likely to mistrust
陪审团不太可能相信
the word of a renowned wifekiller?
着名的杀妻犯的话吧?
You were never convicted.
你从未定罪
Oh yes.
是的
One of those fine distinctions in the law.
法律上的微小区别之一,还真是便宜我了
Imprisoned on something I didn't even do.
让我因为我没做过的某件事坐牢
I hate irony.
我讨厌讽刺
I heard America's ironyfree these days.
我听说目前美国没什么讽刺的事了
Yes it's been outlawed.
是的,被立法禁止了
I like you Alicia.
我喜欢你,艾丽西娅
Why don't you like me?
你为什么不喜欢我
You killed your wife.
你杀死了你妻子
And there's nothing I can do about that?
我没法改变你对我的看法吗
Testify.
作证吧
Would that help you?
那会帮到你吗
It would help 40 families suing Hammett Aerospace.
会帮助40个家庭起诉汉密特航空
Yes and I'm sure they're all adorable but...
是,我肯定他们都很可爱,不过...
will it help you?
能帮到你吗
Yes.
是的
Then of course I'll help.
那么,当然,我会帮忙
Oh thank you for waiting.
谢谢你,久等了
Work.
工作
Um... I think you're doing a great job as a tutor.
我想你作为家教,做的很好
I just...
我只是...
Do you um want something? You want a latte or...
你,想喝什么,想要拿铁咖啡还是...
Oh no.
不用
So these... videos
那,这些...视频
um that you make these dance videos um
你做得那些,跳舞的视频
they're just...
它们只是...
How old are you Jennifer?
你多大了,詹尼弗
I'm 22.
22岁
And you and Grace have become friends?
你却和格蕾丝成为了朋友?
Yes. And these um
是的,那这些...
dance... videos uh
跳舞...视频
are f...
是...
um what are they for?
这些东西为了什么拍的
The Internet.
网络
You make money off of them?
这些东西挣钱吗
No.
不挣
You just do them?
就是做视频吗
Yes.
是的
I don't understand.
我不明白
I like doing them.
我喜欢做视频
Okay. Um Jennifer I...
好吧,詹尼弗,我...
I just want you to be a tutor.
我只想让你做家教
Okay? II want you to work with Grace on her homework.
好吗,我,我想让你帮格蕾丝做家庭作业
I don't want Grace making these videos with you anymore.
不想再让格蕾丝跟你做这些视频
Okay.
好吧
Is that it?
就这些吗
Yes.
是的
Oh my God you're good!
我的上帝,你真棒
Thanks.
谢谢夸奖
So Adam Spellman
那么,亚当·斯佩曼
a Democrat really gave money
这个民主党员,真的出钱
to support the Defense of Marriage Act?
支持保卫婚姻法案了?
His wife did she's a devout Baptist
他妻子做的,她是个虔诚的浸信会教徒
and knew it would be a problem.
也知道这么做有问题
That's why the money came through her company.
所以把钱通过自己的公司转出
And then they tried to hide it.
然后他们想把痕迹抹掉
I mean I think this is good that the DNC
我是说,这是件好事
knows this now long before the convention.
现在民主党在大会前早早知道这事了
Yeah. That's very selfless of you.
是,你这么做很无私
Okay I need you to look into these other names
好的,我还需要你查这些人
they're considering for keynote.
他们也在考虑作主旨发言
They may get in the way. In the way of what?
可能会挡路,挡谁的路,
Peter Florrick.
彼得·福瑞克
I didn't know this was for Peter Florrick.
我不知道你在帮彼得·福瑞克竞选
Oh don't worry I'll pay out of my own pocket.
不用担心,我会用自己的钱付你薪水
The list.
名单给你
No. But thanks though.
我不做了,谢谢你
What's wrong? Nothing. I have other work.
怎么了,没什么,我有别的事,
Thank you for coming in Caitlin.
感谢你来参加面试,凯特琳
No thank you this is so cool.
该说感谢的是我,多谢给我这机会
Um a very impressive resume.
简历非常棒,令人印象深刻
You did a summer at Wyler & Wolf in New York.
你在纽约怀沃律所做的暑假实习?
So why us?
为什么申请我们律所
Well in a word litigation. Transactional's fine
简言之,我喜欢诉讼型律所
but litigation is what really turns me on.
交易型律所也不错,但我更喜欢诉讼型的
And the University of Chicago.
芝加哥大学毕业
What turned you on there?
为什么选那儿学习
Moot court.
模拟法庭
It was an opportunity to dig deep into an area of law
在那儿有机会对一个方向进行深入学习
but still keep my feet grounded in something real.
同时保持对现实了解
And did you win?
那你参加模拟法庭赢了吗
Well my partner and I did.
我和同伴合作赢得了胜利
It was a team effort.
是团队努力的成果
I can work on my own but I love being part of a team.
我可以独立工作,但喜欢团队合作
So after your summer at Wyler did you get a job offer or...?
怀沃律所实习之后,你得到工作机会了吗
No. They had a hiring freeze. The economy.
没,他们暂停招聘了,经济状况不良
But I would rather be here anyway.
不过反正我更喜欢这里
Just an odd question
下面这个问题可能有点奇怪
it's a question they asked me when I first interviewed here.
我来初次面试的时候也被问过
What's your favorite hobby?
你最大的爱好是什么
Well I'm embarrassed to say it.
我不太好意思说
Oh come on Martha let's hear it.
说吧玛莎,说来听听
What was your hobby? No no no no
你的爱好是什么,不不不,
I'm the one asking the questions here.
是我在问你问题
Okay. I like foreign movies old movies
好吧,我喜欢外国电影,老电影
like Truffaut and Godard.
比如特吕福和戈达德的片子
Trampboarding.
蹦床滑板
Um...
呃……
whwhat's that?
那是什么活动
Skateboarding on a trampoline
在蹦床上玩滑板
without wheels.
没有轮子的滑板
I know.
我知道你的意思了
But I can do a double somersault from a fullblown ollie.
但我可以雪地裸体腾空翻720度跟头
To be honest
说实话
I've had an offer from Canning & Meyers.
我已经收到了坎迈律所的录用通知
But I really do want to work here.
但我真的希望能在这里工作
I like the family spirit.
我喜欢你为家庭牺牲的精神
Well if you could hold off Canning & Meyers
如果你没有选择坎迈律所
we can get back to you in a few days.
我们过几天会跟你联系的
That's great. Thank you Alicia.
太好了,谢谢你,艾丽西娅
Ladies and gentlemen
女士们,先生们
You are hearing our testimony from a convict
下面我们将听取来自
housed at the Pine Creek Penitentiary.
松树湾监狱在押人员的证词
Under agreement between the attorneys
经其辩护律师同意
the questioning will be conducted via closedcircuit video.
这次问讯将以闭路视频形式进行
How's my hair?
我的发型怎么样
It's fine.
挺好的
YYou might want to cover...
你需要挡一下……
Mm... So are we clear on what you say?
嗯… 清楚你要说什么了吗,
I am to answer honestly and completely.
我会把全部情况实话实说的
Yes but not too completely.
没错,但也要稍注意保留
Just keep your answers short and on point.
回答要简洁,注意重点
How long? About five minutes.
还有多久,大概五分钟,
Something...
你俩之间
about you two.
有问题
Some kind of tension there.
你们关系很紧张
What is it?
什么情况
Are you gonna tell him?
要告诉他吗
I would like to just concentrate on his testimony.
我希望他能专注于证言
Oh come on you can't leave it like that.
喂,用这种理由搪塞可不行
There won't be any testimony unless you tell me what it is.
你们要不告诉我,我就不作证了
We're lovers.
我们俩是情人关系
We've been keeping it secret for months. Alicia?
我俩秘密交往几个月了,艾丽西娅
I really don't want to talk about it right now.
我现在真的不想说这个
She's breaking up with me for a man who is not worthy of her.
她现在为了个臭男人跟我闹分手
If only it were true.
要是真的就好了
Ready to go.
准备好了
Three two go.
三,二,一,开始
Short and to the point.
保持简洁,注意重点
Hello Mr. Sweeney. Can you hear me?
斯威尼先生你好,能听到吗
Yes ma'am. Good morning.
可以,女士,早上好
Good morning to you. I understand you've been sworn in.
早上好,我知道你发过誓
May I ask you a few questions?
可以问你几个问题吗
Yes. I've been wonderfully prepped here
可以,你的两位漂亮的律师
by two of your beautiful attorneys.
已经帮我做过完善的准备了
Mr. Sweeney can you tell us
斯威尼先生,你能告诉我们
how you became acquainted with Hammett Aerospace?
你跟汉密特航空航天公司是怎么联系上的呢
Yes. I...
可以,我……
uh rather my company
应该说,我的公司
my company
我的公司
was uh... retained to provide financing
曾对他们的股票首次发行
for their initial public stock offering.
进行投资
How's that?
说得怎么样
And in that capacity
那在当时
did you attend a meeting at which Hammett executives
你参加过汉密特组织的对GR6飞机
discussed potential problems with the GR6?
潜在问题进行讨论的会议吗
Uh yes um II believe I did.
对,我想是的
And at this meeting can you tell us
那你能否告诉我们,在会议中
what was discussed regarding the deicing system on the airplane?
就飞机的除冰系统你们讨论了哪些内容
The... I'm sorry II...
对不起,我...
Uh could you repeat the...
你能重复下
At this meeting...
在会议中
We need to cut him off; he's gonna hurt us.
我们得停止他作证,他对我们不利
deicing system on the airplane?
飞机的除冰系统,...the
Mr. Sweeney do you need a moment?
斯威尼先生,你需要休息一下吗
I don't... I don't know.
我...我不知道
Your Honor I have to ask for a brief continuance.
法官大人,我想请求短时的诉讼延期
Uh clearly my witness is having health issues.
显然,我方证人的健康出现了状况
Your witness is having second thoughts.
贵方证人在犹豫不决
Mr. Sweeney what are you doing?
斯威尼先生,你在做什么
What am I doing?
我在做什么
I'm undercutting your case.
我在毁你的案子
Why?
为什么
Because I want something.
因为我想要一些东西
What?
要什么
Freedom.
自由
He'll testify if we free him?
得放了他,他才肯替我们作证吗
With good behavior he's got two years left on his sentence.
他在狱内品行良好,还有两年就刑满了
He says that he has something to offer the State's Attorney.
他说有消息可以提供给州检察官
Evidence on drugs in prison.
狱内毒品交易的证据
I think I can find a way to get around
我找到办法可以避开
the private school money situation.
私立学校费用分担这个问题了
Hold on Margie. Hold on.
等一下,玛吉,等一下
Well thank you. No problem.
谢谢,没关系,
So uh how are the interviews going?
面试的情况如何
Great. I reinterviewed my top two choices
不错,我又面试了首选的两个人
and I think I've made a decision.
现在已做出决定了
Great. Isn't Caitlin fantastic?
好极了,凯特琳很棒吧
Caitlin? Yes. Did she tell you how much
凯特琳吗,是的,她有没有告诉你,
she loves competition?
她有多爱竞赛吗
She did. Do you know her?
她说了,你认识她吗
Yes. She's my niece.
是的,她是我侄女
I told her not to mention it because I didn't
我让她别提及这个
want her to win out based on nepotism.
因为我不想她靠裙带关系赢得这份工作
I'm glad you liked her.
很高兴你喜欢她
Well I did um but I... What?!
是的,但... 什么,
No! Oh come on!
不,拜托
Next time I'll get some long benches in here.
下次我可得在这里放几张长凳了
Colin Sweeney wants to make a deal.
科林·斯威尼想要做个交易
Yes. I read your email.
我知道,我读过你的邮件了
Oh yes. Imani. Hello.
伊玛妮,你好
Come on in come on in.
进来,快进来
This is Imani Stonehouse she's an AUSA
这是伊玛妮·斯通豪斯,和我们一起工作的
assigned to our office to review racial bias in sentencing
助理联邦检察官,审查审判中的种族偏见
and she keeps me honest with all my plea bargains.
同时,确保我在辩诉交易做到不偏不倚
Okay. So...
那么...
our good friends from Lockhart/Gardner...
来自洛克哈特/加德纳律所的好友们
And Monty & Columbech.
还有来自蒙卡律所的
Yes.
是的
They have an offer to make us in trade
他们为我们提供有用信息
for releasing the wifekiller Colin Sweeney.
以释放杀妻凶手科林·斯威尼作为条件
The defensive killer of his stalker Colin Sweeney.
科林·斯威尼杀死了尾行的人,是正当防卫
And I'm sure Imani'll have something to say about that.
我想伊玛妮对此肯定有话要说
Cary you've seen an increase in heroin distribution
凯里,在库克郡监狱里系统海洛因日趋泛滥
at the Cook County prison complex.
你也心知肚明
Mr. Sweeney can tell you who
斯威尼先生会告诉你谁参与了贩毒
and how including guards.
他们如何贩毒,包括腐败狱警的名字
In trade for his freedom. Yes.
以他的自由作为交换,是的,
I don't think that's going to fly but thank you.
我觉得这可能行不通,但还是谢谢
Why don't you check with your boss.
不如问问你的老板吧
Peter Florrick promised to fight corruption in the prison system.
彼得·福瑞克承诺要打击监狱系统的腐败
This could go a long way towards that.
这对此可大有帮助
Okay.
好的
I'll be right back.
我马上就回来
So where did you go to school?
你在哪里读的大学
Brown. You?
布朗大学,你呢
Harvard. Siblings?
哈佛,有没有兄弟姐妹
Three brothers.
三个兄弟
Lawyers?
有做律师的吗
No the family was happy to have just one lawyer.
没有,家里为只有一个律师而高兴
One's a painter one's a writer
一个画家,一个作家
one teaches at the Sorbonne.
还有一个在索邦大学教书
Really?
真的吗
That's in France isn't it?
那所学校在法国,对吧
Hmm.
是的
Okay I talked to Peter and he has a counteroffer.
我和彼得谈过了,他还有个交换条件
Okay. What counteroffer?
好,是什么
Donny Pike.
唐尼·派克
Senior acting member of the Aryan Warlords.
雅利安军阀的资深执行员
He's finishing up a five year stretch at Pine Creek Penitentiary.
在松树湾监狱花了五年时间建立自己的势力
Oh come on.
拜托
The most dangerous man in the Illinois system?
伊利诺斯州监狱中最危险的人吗
Yes he is.
是的
And a confidante of Colin Sweeney.
还是科林·斯威尼的蓝颜知己
Mr. Sweeney gives him stock tips and Pike gives him protection.
斯威尼教他炒股,而派克则保护他
You want Sweeney to testify against him?
你想让斯威尼指证他吗
Yes. If he wants a reduction in his sentence.
是的,要是他想减少刑期的话
The last witness you tried to turn against him was murdered.
你的上一个试图指证他的证人被杀了
Yes. Well we've learned from our mistakes.
是的,我们从中也吸取了教训
Here you can keep this.
你们可以拿着这份档案
I was the ASA who won that plea bargain
当时是我赢了那场辩诉交易
and you're really considering reversing it?
而如今你真要推翻它吗
Not reversing it. He's served two years.
不是推翻它,他已经服刑两年了
For killing a woman.
因为他杀了个女人
No involuntary manslaughter with good behavior.
不,是过失杀人罪,现在品行良好
This is Colin Sweeney we're talking about.
我们说的可是科林·斯威尼
The public knows his name.
他的恶名众所周知
If we release him we'll be crucified.
如果我们释放他,我们就被判死刑了
Not if we're using him to stop
不会,只要他可以帮助我们
a neoNazi from committing more murders from prison.
阻止那个新纳粹分子杀害更多的人
What do you think Imani?
伊玛妮,你怎么认为
I think it's worth it
我认为值得
if we can stop this white supremacist.
如果我们可以阻止这个白人至上主义者
Yeah. If you stop him.
是的,如果可以阻止他
But if Colin Sweeney takes the stand
但是让科林·斯威尼做证的话
I don't know a jury in the world who would trust him.
恐怕没有哪个法官会相信他
Okay we're going to make the deal.
好吧,我们做这笔交易
Peter this is a mistake.
彼得,这是个错误
You'll be the man who released O.J.
你就成了释放辛普森的人
Would you make the deal if it was just anybody?
如果是其他人,你会做这笔交易吗
But it's not just anybody.
但这不是其他人
I know but if it were...
我知道,但如果是
would you make the deal?
你会做这笔交易吗
Two years left on an involuntary manslaughter?
他犯过失杀人罪,再过两年就刑满释放
There's your answer.
这就是答案
But Geneva makes a good point about the testimony.
但吉妮瓦质疑他证言效力是有道理的
We're going to make the deal
我们要做这笔交易
but he's got to give us more.
但是他得加码才行
What more?
加什么码
A wire.
让我们窃听他们的谈话
Eli.
伊莱
What have you got?
你有什么消息
Keynote address at the Democratic Convention.
民主党大会上的主旨发言
They were going with Spellman
他们原是要斯佩曼做的
but he has an issue opposing gay marriage
但是他反对同性恋婚姻
so I got you the hearing with Donna Brazile.
所以我安排你跟唐娜·巴兹莉会面
I'm stunned.
这可是个大惊喜
That's why you hired me Peter.
彼得,这就是你雇用我的原因
To stun you.
带给你惊喜
Look you don't have to decide about running for governor.
你不用考虑竞选州长的事
Just take the meeting sweep her off her feet
去跟她见面,然后让她倾服就行了
keep hitting the prison thing.
多提监狱的事情
That's your selling point.
那是你的卖点
What?
什么
I may be in the news this week.
这周我可能会上新闻
Okay.
好的
A plea bargain that could gain a lot of attention.
这场辩诉交易可能会引起很大的关注
Can you delay it?
可以推迟吗
I could.
我可以
But I won't.
但是我不推迟
So this ethical thing is for real right?
看来对于道德这些,你是动真格的?
I would love to give that keynote speech.
我很希望可以做主旨发言
Then don't get in the news.
那就不要上新闻
And what does Kalinda Sharma have against you?
凯琳达·夏尔马为什么对你有意见
The investigator at Lockhart/ Gardner
洛克哈特&加德纳律所的调查员
she won't do any work for you.
她不帮你做事
What's that about?
这是为什么
I don't know.
不知道
Really? I didn't know that. Is she good?
真的吗,我不知道,她很棒吗
Caitlin?
凯特琳吗
Yes. It's just...
是的,只是
she's David Lee's niece and I'm feeling a little pressure.
她是大卫·李的侄女,我有点压力
Who's the better lawyer?
谁更能胜任律师一职
Well they're both good.
她们两个都很棒
It's just...
只是
I don't know there's something about Martha.
我不知道,玛莎有一些特质
I like her.
让我更喜欢她
And Caitlin is a classic "C" Student.
凯特琳是标准的C等学生
Well you know what they say:
有句话说
"A" Students make great professors
A等学生当教授,
"B" Students make great judges
B等学生当法官,
and "C" Students make partner.
C等学生当合伙人
Mom!
妈妈
Okay I got to go. Thanks Will.
我得先挂电话了,谢谢你,威尔
Did you tell Jennifer not to be friends with me?
是你让詹尼弗不要做我朋友的吗
Did I...?
是我
Did you tell her not to be my friend?
是你让她不要做我朋友的吗
No I told her that I wanted her
不,我希望她
to concentrate more on your studies.
把精力多放在辅导你的学习上
Why? What did she say?
怎么了,她说了什么
Nothing.
没说什么
She left after we studied.
在辅导我学习后,她就离开了
Why would you tell her that?
你为什么跟她说那些话
Because Grace...
格蕾丝,因为
she's 22 and you're 14.
她二十二岁,而你只有十四岁
So? So...
所以呢,所以
Why isn't she with friends her own age?
为什么她不和她的同龄人交朋友
Because she's my friend.
因为她是我的朋友
No she's you're tutor.
不,她是你的家教老师
I'm paying her.
我付她工资
Why can't she be both?
她为什么不能当我老师又当我朋友
Because it's unprofessional.
因为那样不专业
It's...
那样
I don't have friends Mom.
妈妈,我没有朋友
Don't you know that?
你不知道吗
She's my only real friend.
她是我唯一的真正的朋友
She's my friend.
她是我的朋友
And with you at work all the time...
你又一直工作
No no no no no no.
不,不
You do not get to play that card.
你不要拿这个说事
Look maybe I overreacted.
可能是我反应过度了
I just don't want you doing these videos.
我只是不想你做那些视频
I just think it's dangerous to do them in the street.
我只是觉得在街上做这些事情很危险
It's not. Grace would you please
不会的,格蕾丝,
just let me be the parent for a minute here.
请你听我说完,可以吗
If you want to take dance...
如果你想学舞蹈的话
I don't want to take dance.
我不想学舞蹈
I just want to do this.
我只想这样玩玩
Why?
为什么
Because it's cool.
因为这很酷
Because nobody else is doing it.
因为没有别的人做这个
Okay let me think on it.
好吧,这事我会考虑一下
Alicia Florrick.
艾丽西娅·福瑞克
Ah my goodness.
天啊
The quality of convicts has really gone downhill.
犯人的素质果真大不如前
We have a deal for you Mr. Sweeney.
我们想跟你做个交易,斯威尼先生
That's why we're meeting you here.
所以到这里来见你
They will give you your freedom
他们会放你出去
in exchange for evidence against Donny Pike.
以换取对唐尼·派克的不利证据
Donald? Yes
唐纳德? 是的,
he's ordered the deaths of four witnesses from prison.
他在监狱里遥控指挥杀了四个目击证人
You want me to testify against him?
你要我指证他吗
No. The deal's not for what you know.
不,这个交易不是换取你已经知道的
It's for what you'll find out.
而是换取你将要知道的
We don't think you're the most trustworthy witness.
我们觉得你不是个很靠得住的证人
That's why we'll need you to wear a wire.
因此你得戴上窃听器
That wasn't the deal.
交易里没这一条
Well that's the new deal.
这个是新的条件
We're arranging to have Pike transferred to another prison
我们计划将派克转送到另一所监狱
they'll route him through County.
他们将押解他途经库克郡
Mr. Sweeney and Pike will have three hours together in the yard.
斯威尼先生将与派克在操场上共度三个小时
Get him to admit to his newest murder and you're free.
让他承认新犯的谋杀案,你就自由了
No. It's too dangerous.
不行,那太危险了
Is it Mr. Sweeney?
是吗,斯威尼先生
Is it too dangerous?
会太危险吗
You don't want to do this.
你不会愿意做这种事的
Alicia it's his decision.
艾丽西娅,让他自己决定
You're gonna have to supervise the wire.
得由你来监听
He thinks you care about him.
他觉得你在乎他
What's even weirder you do care about him.
更奇怪的是,你确实在乎他
No. I don't want him getting killed.
不是的,我是怕他招致杀身之祸
That's a pretty low bar for caring.
这是最低限度的在乎
It's a pretty high bar for a wifekiller.
对一个杀妻犯来说算是很高限度了
You're very interesting Alicia.
你真有意思,艾丽西娅
How did you end up with Will?
你怎么跟威尔在一起了
What makes you think we ended up together?
你怎么会觉得我们在一起了呢
Will's attitude.
威尔的态度
He's smitten.
他坠入情网了
Really? Smitten.
真的吗,坠入情网
Feels like the right word.
这词应该很贴切
It's sweet and high school and very vanilla.
很甜蜜,像高中时,而且很纯粹
That's no slam on you.
你不怦然心动吗
No of course not.
当然没有
But what about you?
那么你呢
You broke up with Will nine years ago.
九年前你跟威尔分了手
And yet here you are trying to hurt him.
现在你又跑来,想伤他的心
Talk about high school.
还聊高中时代
What do you think you're doing?! David.
你以为自己在做什么,大卫,
She's my niece. I told you she's my niece.
她是我的侄女,我跟你说过了她是我侄女
Oh wait a minute. YouYou told me to hire who I wanted.
等等,你说过我想雇谁就雇谁
Yes and I told you she was my niece.
是的,我也说了她是我侄女
What else do you need to know?
你还有什么不明白的
Look David Caitlin's good.
大卫,凯特琳很优秀
She's very good and she'll find another job.
她非常优秀,她能找到别的工作
This isn't about another.
这不是能否找到别的工作的问题
Don't you dare cross me again.
不准再跟我做对
You said you didn't want nepotism.
你说过你不喜欢裙带关系
No I said there was no nepotism.
不,我说的是没有裙带关系
You are a thirdyear associate.
你是个三年经验的律师
You were given this task because you are unimportant
让你干这个活是因为你人微权轻
and you can take a hint.
会看人眼色
So take the hint
那你就好好领会别人的暗示
or we'll take it out of your hands.
否则就不让你干了
Let's get a drink.
我们去喝一杯吧
You know the best revenge?
你知道怎么报仇最有用吗
Hide his Bluetooth.
把他的蓝牙耳机藏起来
No. Hire his niece and then make her life hell.
不,雇他的侄女,然后整死她
Oh my God you are so right.
天啊,你太对了
You'll never do it. No I will do it.
你绝不会这么做,不,我会这么做,
I'm not a good person.
我不是好人
Yes you are. Shut up.
你就是好人,闭嘴吧
I just don't like women.
我就是不喜欢女人
I find them uninteresting.
我觉得她们没意思
Excuse me?
你说什么
I don't like women.
我不喜欢女人
They're all competing with me.
她们都在跟我竞争
Don't men compete with you?
男人们就不跟你竞争了吗
No they don't.
是的,他们没有
You have female friends?
你有女性朋友吗
No
没有
but I don't have any male friends either.
但我也没有男性朋友
That's so sad.
真可悲
I'd be your friend but I can't.
我想做你的朋友,但我不能
Why not?
为什么
Because. Will.
你懂的,威尔
Ah that's right. Yeah.
没错,是啊,
I don't like you being with him.
我不喜欢你跟他在一起
I'm gonna break you two up.
我要拆散你们
Okay. How?
好啊,怎么做
How will I do it?
怎么拆散你们吗
I will... tell you about him.
我要向你揭他的短
Well go ahead.
尽管说
Give me your worst.
把你知道的他最坏的一面都告诉我
No. I like you.
不行,我喜欢你
See that's your problem.
瞧,这就是你的问题
You built it up too much
你拼命地卖关子
so if he hasn't buried a hobo in the desert
那如果不是他在沙漠里活埋了个流浪汉的话
I will be unimpressed.
我是不会上心的
Oh that's ancient history anyway.
说来是件很久远的事了
And it was only $45000.
只是45000美元而已
That's all? Yup and he put it back.
就这么多吗,是的,而且他还回来了,
You're so bad at this.
你真的不擅长撒谎
Yeah I know. I'm sorry.
是的,我知道,抱歉
I'm transparent as cellophane.
一眼就让你看穿了
I got to go.
我得走了
You're kidding. Nope.
别开玩笑了,才不是,
Just remember Will is like me.
记住,威尔就像我一样
He'll always disappoint you.
总是会让你失望
Attention attention...
注意,注意...
The microphone is sewn into your collar Mr. Sweeney.
麦克风被缝进你衣领里了,斯威尼先生
Just keep your hands away from it.
别用手去碰它
Mmhmm very clever.
真是聪明
Testing testing!
试音,试音
Just a normal voice Mr. Sweeney.
像平时一样说就行了,斯威尼先生
Okay so just to remind you
行了,再提醒一下
Pike you know
派克你是知道的
but this fine citizen here is Darryl Boyd
此位守法公民叫达里尔·博伊德
Pike's lieutenant on the outside.
他是派克在狱外的爪牙
Pike orders a hit in here Boyd carries it out on the street.
派克在狱中下令干掉谁,博伊德就在大街上执行
This is Garfield Park just last week.
这是上周刚刚在加菲公园发生的
You get Pike to admit he ordered the Garfield Park hit
你设法让派克承认加菲公园刺杀案是他主使的
and I sign your release authorization.
我就给你签出狱许可
Simple as that huh?
很简单,不是吗
I'll be right here Mr. Sweeney watching.
我将在这儿注视你们,斯威尼先生
Anything goes wrong
稍有变故
just walk away.
你就走开
They have security guards standing by.
他们有警卫守在边上
They won't get there in time.
他们来不及赶过去的
When things happen Mrs. Florrick they happen fast.
如果有事,福瑞克夫人,那就是瞬间之事
Well don't get yourself killed okay?
反正别让自己丢了性命,好吗
Words to live by.
我努力照你说的做
Okay
行了
Here we go. Break a leg.
我们出发吧,祝你好运,
Hey it's Sweeney.
看看,斯威尼来了
What's up paperboy?
怎么了,小屁孩
It's all right he's cool.
没事,他看上去不错
Donald hey.
唐纳德,你好啊
What are you doing here?
你在这儿干什么
Testifying.
作证
Some civil case.
涉及一个民事诉讼
Just an excuse for a vacation actually.
其实只不过是找个借口放个假而已
I talked it up so they'd go for it.
我扯上几句然后他们就信以为真了
So what's going on with the market?
市场表现如何
Did you see HP?
你看过惠普的走势吗
Yeah don't worry.
是的,别担心
Sell at 20 and you'll be fine.
到20块卖了就好了
Listen Donald I wanted to ask you about something.
听着,唐纳德,我想向你打听些事儿
Um I read about Garfield Park in the paper.
我看到报纸上讲加菲公园的事
Was that you?
是你干的吗
What is he doing?
他在干什么
Why you talking about stuff
斯威尼,你怎么议论起
that don't concern you Sweeney?
和你毫不相干的事情来了
No no no I was just wondering.
不,不,我只是想想而已
Well don't.
想都别去想
You know you're funny.
你要知道,你很有趣
Like a pet.
像个宠物一样
Don't make me put you down.
可别失宠了
I like him.
我喜欢他
I like him too.
我也是
He has a good story.
他的故事不错
He does prison wrongful conviction
的确,定罪不公,身陷囹圄
back from the dead.
最后起死回生
He'd make a good keynote.
他做主旨发言肯定错不了
He speaks well.
他的演讲水平很好
He does.
是的
So?
那么
I just don't want him to blow up in our face.
我只是不想因为他而使我们栽跟头
How would he blow up in your face?
此话怎讲
His marriage.
他的婚姻
Are you hearing something?
你听到了些什么吗
Of course I am.
当然
I'm hearing they live apart
我听说他们分居了
and if I'm hearing it the Republicans are hearing it too.
如果我听说了,那共和党人肯定也是
If they were hearing it they'd use it.
如果他们听说了,他们早该大做文章了
No they would do what we would do
不,他们会像我们一样
release it the day before he speaks.
在他演讲的前一天才发布这个消息
Of course you don't have an issue with it Eli.
你自然不会拿这当回事,伊莱
Peter Florrick is in office.
彼得·福瑞克正在任上
When he runs for governor they will use it.
当他要竞选州长时,他们就会利用这消息
They will use all of it not just on him but his wife too.
大加利用,不止是他,还有他妻子
What if I promised they'd be together?
假使我能保证他们呆在一起呢
Is that a promise you can keep?
你真能保证得了这个吗
Yes it is.
是的,我能
Then we'll consider him for keynote.
那我们就考虑让他做主旨发言
Again Eli I like him.
我再说一遍,伊莱,我喜欢他
He's a thoroughbred
他很有教养
but I just can't risk... risk.
但我不能冒意外的风险
Okay here he goes.
好,他过去了
We've got about ten minutes before they return
在他们回牢房前
to their cells.
我们大概有十分钟的时间
I thought we were done talking.
我觉得我们都说完了
III want to know about Garfield Park.
我想知道加菲公园的事
Is he out of his mind?
他疯了吗
Look at this guy.
看看这家伙
What are you stupid?
你怎么了,傻了吗
What are you smoking crack with the brothers?
你和你那帮哥们抽大烟抽傻了吗
Get the guard ready.
让警卫们准备好
I think he looks like a snitch.
我觉得他像是个告密的
Think he looks like a snitch? Go now Cary.
你们觉得他像告密的吗,快去吧,凯里,
He's a snitch.
他就是个告密的
You got to pull him out now.
你现在就得去把他救出来
We pull him out now no deal.
现在救出来就没协议谈了
Wait listen.
等等,你们听
Hey hey Donald II didn't mean anything by it.
唐纳德,我没什么恶意
Why the hell do you keep asking?
那你为啥要刨根究底
'Cause I need your help.
因为我需要你帮忙,
You know what they did.
你知道他们都做了什么
They took my company from me.
他们夺走了我的公司
Everybody here's got a story paperboy.
这里每个人背后都有个故事,小屁孩
What makes you so special?
干吗偏要听你的
I have money...
我有的是钱
and I want the man who did this dead.
而且我要那人付出代价
Gerald Drescher.
杰拉德·德勒施
He used to be my vice president
在我被他出卖之前
until he stabbed me in the back.
他一直是我的副手
You're serious?
你认真的吗
How much would it cost?
说个价
A guy like that has security.
像他这种有保安的
Oh nothing worse than the security in Garfield Park.
加菲公园的保安你都搞得定
Uh
让我想想
job like that it'll cost a lot of money.
接这样的活,得花不少
That's why I got to know what I'm getting.
所以我得知道我这笔生意值不值
Okay here he goes nice move.
就是这样,这招漂亮
You're pushing it Sweeney.
你别逼太急了,斯威尼
You're in prison.
可你却身在监狱
I'm asking how can you get it done?
我再问一次,你怎样把事办妥
All right sure.
好吧,当然
Garfield Park yeah that was me.
加菲公园的案子,不错,就是我干的
My boy on the outside I get word to through my sister.
我的人在外面,我通过我妹妹传话
I give the green light he does the hit.
我一声令下,他就动手
A hit on his vice president huh?
对他的副手下手
Oh come on he had to say something.
别这样,他必须得这么说
You have the release authorization?
你带释放许可了吗
Already blessed by Judge Romano.
已经由罗曼诺法官签署了
Pleasure doing business with you.
合作愉快
Is your health issue from the other day better Mr. Sweeney?
你的身体好些了吗,斯威尼先生
Much better thank you.
好多了,多谢关心
My goodness I must have made a fuss here.
天哪,怪我太小题大做了
Food poisoning.
只是食物中毒而已
Uh now Mr. Sweeney you testified
斯威尼先生,你曾证实
that you were present at the IPO meeting?
出席首次公开发行股票会议
That's right.
没错
And did you hear any discussion
有没有听到什么
about the deicing in the wings?
关于机翼除冰的决定
Oh yes
是的
I heard everything
我什么都听到了
and it's not good.
而且是在不是什么好事
Good job I I hear you saved some kind of case today.
干的好,听说你今天解决了一个案子
Oh I just we got a settlement.
我只是,只是和解而已
Great great.
好极了
We should talk sometime.
我们该找个时间聊聊
About?
聊什么
The future.
谈谈未来
What else?
还能聊些什么呢
I'm so sorry I'm late.
很抱歉我迟到了
Thank you for coming back in Martha.
谢谢你回来,玛莎
I just had a few more questions before we decide.
在我们决定之前,我还需要问些问题
Before you...?
什么
What are you talking about?
你说的什么意思
They already decided.
他们不是都已经决定了吗
II'm sorry what?
抱歉,你说什么
I didn't get the job here.
我没有得到这份工作
I turned down my other job
我回绝了另一份工作
because I thought I had this and now...
因为我觉得我势在必得,可现在
I can't believe this.
真不敢相信
Well who told you you didn't get this?
谁告诉你你没有应聘成功
The hiring committee. They called.
雇用委员会,他们电话通知的
Well there must be some sort of mistake
这其中肯定有误会
because I haven't decided yet.
因为我还没有决定呢
No they did.
可他们决定了
He said I was close but they had a vote.
他说我就差一点点,可他们投票决定了
So what happened?
我到底哪里不足了
Now your office is on the 27th floor
你的办公室在27楼
but I want to show you around here first.
可我得先带你来这逛一圈
Now this... Alicia!
这里是,艾丽西娅,
Thank you so much.
太感谢你了
I am just so thrilled.
我实在太激动了
David said it was all you.
大卫说是你决定的
You picked me and you're gonna be my mentor.
你选了我,而且你将会是我的导师
Yes Alicia thank you.
是的,艾丽西娅,谢谢你
You're welcome.
不用谢
Anyway I am really looking forward to working with you.
我太期待和你合作了
Thank you again.
再次感谢您
I don't get it.
我就是搞不懂
Why put me through the charade...
干吗要把我扯进这场猜字游戏里
Alicia.. No. I want to know.
艾丽西娅,我就是想知道,
I never had any power did I?
我从头至尾根本就没有过决定权,对吧
It was all rigged.
我只是个木偶
David Lee appealed to the hiring committee
大卫·李向雇用委员会申请的
and the hiring committee voted to go another way.
然后雇用委员会投票决定改变之前的选择
That's all. It happens.
事情就是这样,常有这种事
Which way did you vote?
你投了哪个
On what?
投什么
The committee voted for Caitlin and against Martha.
凯特琳和玛莎的投票
Which way did you vote?
你投了哪个
I voted with David Lee.
我和大卫·李投的一样
Why?
为什么
Because I owed him.
因为这是我欠他的
For what?
欠他什么了
You don't want to know. I do want to know.
你不会想知道的,我就是想知道,
I feel used Will.
我感觉被利用了,威尔
I feel like I was given a job and it was taken away from me.
我感觉,你们给了我一个任务,又夺走了
There was a Martha
雇用你时,那时也有一个
when we hired you Alicia.
玛莎一样的人,艾丽西娅
On paper she was the better candidate
理论上,她是更好的候选人
and you were the... Caitlin.
而你就是当时的,凯特琳
You were gonna lose in a vote.
你会在投票中败出
I asked David Lee to vote with me.
我就请求大卫·李帮我投票
So I owed him.
所以我欠他个人情
You okay?
没事吧
Thank you.
谢谢你
Caitlin often surprise you.
凯特琳这种人往往会让你大为惊奇

重点单词   查看全部解释    
unclear

想一想再看

adj. 不清楚的;不易了解的

 
distribution [.distri'bju:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 分发,分配,散布,分布

联想记忆
stock [stɔk]

想一想再看

n. 存货,储备; 树干; 血统; 股份; 家畜

 
decision [di'siʒən]

想一想再看

n. 决定,决策

 
maintenance ['meintinəns]

想一想再看

n. 维护,保持,维修,生活费用
n. 供给,

联想记忆
dependable [di'pendəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 可靠的,可信赖的

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
venture ['ventʃə]

想一想再看

n. 冒险,风险,投机
v. 尝试,谨慎地做,

联想记忆
fuss [fʌs]

想一想再看

n. 大惊小怪,小题大作,强烈不满或争吵
vi

 
broach [brəutʃ]

想一想再看

n. 烧叉肉,叉子,凿子,拉刀 n. 胸针(=brooc

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。