手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《傲骨贤妻》 > 傲骨贤妻第三季 > 正文

傲骨贤妻第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第18集 给奥巴马签支票送钱

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Look I am the one who is suffering here.

听着,我才是受罪的那个
Oh yes tell us your troubles.
是吗,把你的问题说来听听
I am handling all of Will's cases
我接手了威尔的所有案子
and now we've lost Caitlin too.
现在凯特琳也走了
Look we put someone else into Will's seat that's what we do.
我们选人坐威尔的位子,就这么办
Excuse me. I'm sitting right here.
抱歉,我就在这里呢
There is no "Will's seat""
没什么"威尔的位子"给人坐
You're not here as a lawyer.
你不是作为律师出席的
You might as well not be here at all.
还不如不要出席
That is not the subject of this discussion.
这话题不在我们的讨论范围内
Someone spoke to the Bar Disciplinary Board.
有人跟律师协会监管委员会说
Someone said Will was here working on cases.
威尔在这里处理案子
Now I'm not going to do anything so dramatic
我不会做戏一样问
as to ask "Who was it?"
"是谁说的"
But I will say this. If you have an issue
但我要说明,如果你对我们
with the way we're running this firm you come to me.
管理律所的方式有疑问,来找我
You do not stab Will in the back.
别在威尔背后捅刀子
You don't lie to the Disciplinary Board...
也不要对监管委员会说谎
Wait a minute. Wait a minute.
稍等,稍等
Look I know nobody wants to respond
我知道没人想回应
because we don't want to look like judases
因为大家都不想被看做叛徒
but Will is working on cases.
但威尔确实在处理案子
No I'm updating associates on the background of my cases.
不,我是在为接手我案子的人提供信息
What?! Oh come on.
什么,不是吧,
You call me an ethical midget?
你还说我有道德缺陷
Just a minute! Wait a minute!
暂停,稍等
We disagree with each other we keep it inhouse!
我们若有反对意见,关起门来说
You want to backstab someone do it right here.
想要捅谁刀子,就在这里捅
Okay I disagree. There.
行,我反对
And I urge the equity partners to replace Will until such time...
我强烈要求权益合伙人先找人替换威尔,直到...
Then marshal the equity partner votes and call a meeting.
那就启动权益合伙人投票,另外召集会议
Are we done here? No.
事情说完了,没有,
Alicia's asked for a raise.
艾丽西娅要求加薪
I am advocating a ten percent bump.
我提议给她加薪10%
No you have a dozen thirdyear associates
不行,这样会有一打的三年律师
who will be asking for the same exact thing.
来要求相同待遇的
Then we lose her. And how do you know that?
那我们会失去她,你怎么知道,
Because he's got a dog in the fight.
因为他跟她有特殊关系
We only want Alicia because of her ties to her husband.
我们需要艾丽西娅的唯一原因是她丈夫
No we want her because she's good.
不,我们需要她因为她很优秀
We're gonna take your word for it?
优秀与否你一个人说了算吗
Look look we all know we're gonna compromise.
我们肯定得各让一步
Can we just compromise?
就各让一步不行吗
Who do you think leaked it?
你觉得是谁泄露消息的
Could be any one of them.
每个都可能
Good thing they don't like each other or I'd be dead.
幸好他们互相讨厌,否则我死定了
Where you headed? Court.
你要去哪,法院,
Why? You don't have a case today.
去做什么,你今天没案子
Diane Lockhart.
戴安·洛克哈特
Lockhart.
洛,克,哈,特
And can you describe what happened Ms. Lockhart?
能说明一下事情经过吗,洛克哈特女士
Yes. I was walking from my car
好,我在往车走过去时
when I saw you in the lobby
看到你在大厅里
serving a subpoena to that man.
给那个男人递传票
And did you hear me announce myself?
你听到我做声明了吗
Ah yes. I heard you say
听到了,我听到你说
"Mr. Dobbs you have been served."
"多布斯先生,您被传唤了"
Then what happened?
之后呢,发生了什么
In your own words Ms. Lockhart.
请用自己的话描述,洛克哈特女士
Uh well uh that man tried to punch you
好,那个男人想打你
and then you threw him against the wall.
而你把他推到了墙上
In a manly fashion?
很有男子气概地吗
Yes I would say so.
对,在我看来是的
He says I threw the first punch. That's why he's suing me.
他说是我先动手的,所以起诉我
Uh that is not what I observed.
我看到的不是这样
You two know each other. That's why she's saying that.
你们俩认识,所以她才这么说
Do you and I know each other Ms. Lockhart?
我们认识吗,洛克哈特女士
Uh well you served me with a subpoena
你曾给我送过传票
so I guess to that extent we know each other.
从这个程度说,我们认识
Thank you Ms. Lockhart.
谢谢,洛克哈特女士
Your presence here in smallclaims court is a breath of fresh air.
你的到来为小额索赔法庭带来一阵清风
Objection.
反对
Overruled.
反对无效
And I will ask you to proceed Mrs. Florrick.
请你继续,福瑞克夫人
So the video was taken from the back of the snowmobile?
所以视频是在机动雪橇后座上拍的吗
Uh yes mymy wife was taking it.
对,我妻子拍的
That's just her cell phone camera.
用她的手机摄像头
And that's you driving?
开车的人是你吗
Yes. Up at the Rollins Savanna Forest Preserve.
对,在罗林斯热带草原生态保护区里
Then what happened?
之后发生了什么
The snowmobile it just started changing directions.
机动雪橇...开始转向了
Okay Grant slow down.
格兰特,慢点
Were you steering it toward the trees? No.
你控制它转向树了吗,没有,
What are you doing?!
你在做什么
The steering column locked and i...
转向杆卡住了,我...
It's not funny. Stop.
一点都不好玩,别闹了
I couldn't budge it.
我掰不动
Please slow down!
拜托,慢一点
Grant slow down! Please!
格兰特,慢一点
And what happened to your wife?
你妻子怎么了
She was in a coma for a week
她昏迷了一周
and then she...
然后...
She... she didn't make it.
她...她没撑过来
And that's why you're suing Snow Plain
所以你要起诉雪原公司
the makers of your snowmobile?
也就是机动雪橇的制造商,对吗
Yes. Uh I've never sued anyone in my life.
对,我之前从没起诉过谁
Never had much use for the courts.
完全没有法庭经验
Mymy parents told me
我...我父母教我
"If you have a problem with someone then you say it to his face"
"若与人有矛盾,应当面解决"
but my wife...
但我妻子...
she was the best thing in my life.
她曾是我生命中最美好的存在
Okay let me interrupt right there.
请允许我在此打断一下
Mrs. Florrick Mr. Hines
福瑞克夫人,海因斯先生
why don't you come up here and we'll talk?
请你们过来,聊一聊好吗
Here's the deal.
我们这么办
First of all good morning to you all. Good morning.
首先,各位早上好,早上好,
We're going into chambers
我们去内庭
for a benchsupervised negotiation.
进行有监督谈判
Your Honor that's not necessary.
法官阁下,没必要这样
Counselor Hines it is.
海因斯律师,有必要的
Your case here is obviously to delay until Mr. Duverney gives up.
你明显是拖延战术,想拖到达沃尼先生放弃
That's not true! And I'm not gonna be a party to that.
不会的,而我绝不会参与其中,
There are no real legal issues to dispute
其实没什么法律问题需要纠缠
so here is my order.
所以我命令
Marshal your settlement arguments and meet me
整理好你们的方案论据
in chambers in one hour. Understood?
一小时后在内庭见,明白了吗
Yes Your Honor.
明白了,法官阁下
I think I might try my hand at this lawyering.
我想我该试试进入律师行业了
Very impressive.
确实令人赞叹
So I have to thank you.
我得谢谢你
There's an art show or something other near here.
附近有个艺术展,或者是别的什么
You're not really into art?
你不是很喜欢艺术吧
No but I don't actively dislike it.
是的,但也不太讨厌
I'm sorry but I have to head back to work.
抱歉,不过我得回去工作了
But you do have to have lunch.
但你总是要吃午饭的啊
Actually I think someone's waiting for you?
实际上,我觉得有人在等你呢
Okay then tonight.
好吧,那就约今晚吧
I'll call you.
我会打电话给你的
You thinking of buying?
你想买这栋房子吗
I don't know what I'm thinking.
我也没想明白呢
Everything's so expensive these days.
现在物价这么高
Well you know one thing I learned is life is short.
你知道吗,我学到的一件事就是人生短暂
You get a chance to bring yourself some pleasure
当你有机会给自己找些乐子时
you should do it.
一定要把握住
Even if I had the money I... I don't know.
就算我有钱,我也不知道该不该买
It's my old house.
这是我以前的房子
Doesn't make sense to go backwards.
搬回去有点儿说不通
Hmm. Look at me.
看着我
I'd give anything to go backward.
我愿意付出一切回到过去
Mrs. Florric the judge is ready for you now.
福瑞克夫人,法官请你现在进去
Here we go.
走吧
What is it about glasses?
眼镜怎么了
I seem to walk into a room and they disappear.
好像我一走进房间,它们就消失不见了
Your Honor this is not just about one suit.
法官阁下,这不是一起诉讼的事儿
This is about the class action
这和洛克哈特&加德纳筹划的
that Lockhart & Gardner has in the wings...
集团诉讼有关
No it is about one suit. We're asking for $5 million
不,这就是要价五百万美元的单一诉讼
for pain and suffering loss of spousal support...
用来补偿失去配偶造成的伤痛和折磨
You know I used to carry around three or four pair of glasses.
我曾经随身带三四副眼镜
At the end of the day
但到了一天结束的时候
I was like a drunk looking for bottles. Ugh!
我还是像醉鬼要找酒瓶一样
You're paying Mr. Hines.
海因斯先生,你得赔偿
By the evidence I've seen you're paying.
根据我看到的证据,你得赔偿
The only question is how much?
唯一的问题是赔偿的数额
But you haven't seen this evidence.
但你还没看到这则证据
What is it? Grant Duverney's medical report.
这是什么,格兰特,达沃尼的医疗报告,
From 2009. Before the accident.
2009年,是在事故之前
Yes but after his career as a professional hockey player.
没错,不过是在他从职业冰球手退役之后
What does that have to do with anything?
这份材料指证了什么呢
Modified comparative negligence.
修正性比较过失
If your client contributed to the accident
如果你的当事人自身情况导致了事故
in fact if he contributed more than 50% to the accident
实际上,如果他的因素占了一半以上
then he can't sue us.
他就不能起诉我们
You're saying that he's responsible for his wife's death?
你是说他该为他妻子的死负责吗
I'm saying given his mental capacity
我是说,基于他经过86场职业冰球赛
after 86 games as a professional hockey player
各种身体阻截和打架
body checks and fights
之后的的精神情况
he had no business getting on that snowmobile.
他没有能力开那辆雪地车
Your Honor this... is despicable.
法官阁下,这...也太卑鄙了
And yet legal Counselor.
但这是合法的
You're saying Counselor Hines
你是说,海因斯律师
that the plaintiff caused his own accident
是原告自己把车开撞到树上
by steering into a tree?
造成了事故
I'm saying it contributed.
我是说,这起事故有他的因素
The plaintiff's apparent condition
很显然,原告的身体状况
chronic traumatic encephalopathy
慢性创伤性脑病
was more than 50% of the problem.
占了引起这起事故因素的比重一半以上
Okay.
好吧
I'll be ordering an independent neurological evaluation on Mr. Duverney.
我会要求对达沃尼做一次独立的神经系统评估
We'll see where that takes us.
看看结果会是怎样
Basically we're in trouble.
简单来说,我们有麻烦了
How can we be in trouble? We were in negotiations on this.
我们怎么会有麻烦呢,我们不是在协商吗
They're going after his hockey career.
他们把他的冰球职业拿出来当挡箭牌
And Judge Rigby is giving them some rope.
里格比法官也支持了他的说法
So there's truth in their charges?
那就是说他们的指控有据可循了吗
Grant played 86 games as a pro hockey player
格兰特打了86场职业冰球比赛
and in his 86th start he was in a fight on the ice
在第86场时,他在冰面上参与了一场斗殴
and ended up in the hospital.
最后还住进了医院
He never played again. His motor functions were impaired.
他之后再也没打了,他的运动功能受损了
So there might be truth. And how did we not see this coming?
这有可能是真的咯,怎么没有人预料到呢,
Do you have a minute?
你有时间吗
So this was my case. Yes.
这本是我的案子,没错,
And supposedly a winner. Which it still is
而且我们本应赢的,现在也是,
but I have some strategic information
但我有些策略性的信息
I could... share with you.
我可以...告诉你
If it weren't for the restrictions of your suspension?
可惜有一道暂停你的职业资格的禁令
Yes which as I understand it
是,按照我的理解
prevents me from talking about future strategy but not...
它只是禁止我讨论未来的策略
Past. That would be updating?
而不是过去的,因为这算是提供信息
Which is within my rights.
我有这么做的权利
Yet we seem to be in here whispering.
然而我们还是在这里窃窃私语
Consulting.
是在咨询
What do you got?
你有什么主意呢
Bring hockey into it.
把冰球带进这起官司来
Into our case?
带进我们的案子吗
Yes. Their defense is based on modified comparative negligence.
没错,他们的辩护是根据修正性比较过失
If our client is responsible for 50% of his accident
如果我们的当事人要承担事故的一半责任
he loses but...
他输了,但是...
If professional hockey is responsible for his injuries
如果职业冰球联盟该对他的受伤负责
then he can collect.
他也能拿到赔偿
And this is your suggested strategy?
这就是你建议的策略吗
It is.
就是的
Well Diane
戴安
this is a mistake.
这么做是个错误
Hockey will never pay.
冰球联盟不会赔偿的
To pay would be to open up themselves
如果赔偿了就会为他们引来
to hundreds of lawsuits from former players.
成百件的退役球员的诉讼案
It's part of the strategy. Pull hockey into this.
这就是策略的一部分,把冰球联盟拉进来
They'll want to bury it quickly and quietly.
他们会想迅速并低调地解决的
We found our deep pocket.
我们找到了金主
Yes and in addition the APHL lawyers will delay.
对,并且美国职业棒球联盟的律师会拖延
So we'll get a threemonth continuance to build our case.
我们就又有了三个月来立案
You want me on it?
你想让我负责吗
Um I do but a low priority.
是的,不过不算太重要的
And Alicia do you have a moment? Yes
艾丽西娅,你有时间吗,有,
So we want to keep you happy here Alicia.
艾丽西娅,我们想让你高兴地留在这里
We value all your hard work these past few months.
我们很欣赏你在过去几个月的努力工作
Thank you.
谢谢你
Given that the equity partners have agreed
基于这样,权益合伙人已签字同意
on paper to a bump in your pay.
增加你的工资
Great. Uh yes but we want to be clear.
太好了,不过我们要先说清楚,
There are 11 other thirdyear associates
还有11个有三年级律师
so we can't afford an acrosstheboard raise.
所以我们付不起太高的涨薪
I understand.
我明白
So here's what we're offering.
这就是我们给出的数额
I know it's not as much as you think you deserve
我知道,这不如你认为你应得的多
but take it as a demonstration of our confidence in your future.
但这表明了我们对你未来发展的信心
Thought you might want something.
估计你想喝点儿酒
No thanks.
不,谢谢了
You don't know who's leaking
你不知道是谁向
to the disciplinary board about me do you?
纪律委员会告密的吧
No. You want me to look?
不知道,你想让我查查吗
No. Just if you hear anything.
不用了,只是看看你有没有听说什么风声
You in trouble?
你有麻烦了吗
Sticking to the letter of the law.
一丝不苟地执行法律条文
You gonna leave me here with two beers?
你要让我一个人喝两瓶啤酒吗
You'll find somebody.
会有人跟你一起喝的
What's up?
你好啊
You want a beer?
想喝瓶啤酒吗
No. Thanks.
不了,谢谢
You're sure?
真不喝?
It's open.
已经打开了
Kalinda I...
凯琳达...
I'm sorry.
不好意思
I can't help it. I want to move on but I...
我不是故意为难你,我想放下包袱,但我
Yeah I... I get it.
知道了,我能理解
Look we're working together.
我们现在可以一起工作
That's good enough isn't it?
这已经挺好的了,是吧
Yeah.
对,
It's just not easy for me...
对我来说,不是那么容易...
It's okay Alicia.
没关系,艾丽西娅
I get it.
我能理解
I'm Louis Canning Your Honor.
法官阁下,我是路易斯·坎宁
I'll be representing the interests
在法庭上由我来代表
of the All Professional Hockey League.
全美职业冰球联盟的利益
Welcome Mr. Canning.
欢迎你,坎宁先生
You saw the amended complaint?
你看到起诉书的修正版本了
I did Your Honor
法官阁下,我看过了
and a baroque piece of work it is.
里面有太多凌乱的雕琢
Baroque and yet
就算有凌乱的雕琢
if Snow Plain insists
如果雪原公司坚持
on a modified comparative negligence defense
使用修正式比较过失原则来辩护
I see no other option than to offer the plaintiff
我除了允许原告提出新的被告
a chance to combine charges of negligence.
将所有过失合并起诉之外别无他法了
Darn.
真该死
Yes Your Honor
是的,法官阁下
we accept the modified complaint.
我们接受起诉内容的变更
Then I expect you'll be asking for an extension?
那你们现在该申请延期审理了吧
Oh no no we're ready to go.
不,不,我们准备好了
Right now.
不需要延期
In fact we welcome the chance
实际上,我们很期待这次机会
to defend the honor of professional hockey.
来维护职业冰球的荣誉
He thinks you're not prepared.
他觉得你没有准备好
Excuse me Will you can't be saying anything.
对不起,威尔,你什么都不能说
We need to move quickly on all fronts.
我们需要迅速地展开各方面的工作
I'll get on with Kalinda.
我来通知凯琳达
That's Cameron Raker Minnesota's enforcer.
那个是卡梅隆·瑞克,明尼苏达队的打手
You just had to expect this.
这种冲突早晚会发生
A lot of bad blood between these two teams.
这两只队伍之间有太多过节
Oh my!
哦,天呐
Raker landed one square on.
瑞克一记重拳打中对手
He's flat on...
他倒地不起
There was a criminal battery investigation in 2009
2009年做了刑事调查,罪名是故意伤害
but charges were never brought.
但并没有提出正式指控
It would be helpful to get that investigation.
如果能拿到刑事调查的资料会很有用处
I'm on it.
我去弄
Good and Will has a friend
太好了,威尔有个朋友
who's a top neurologist at Northwestern.
是西北大学的顶级神经科医生
A Dr. Wedd he specializes in sports injuries.
叫韦德医生,他以运动创伤为专长
He's agreed to testify as to
他同意为我们作证
how team doctors mishandled Grant.
证明队医对格兰特治疗不当
I'll prep him. Great.
我会帮他准备,好,
Mr. Canning thinks he's caught us off guard.
坎宁先生以为他已经让我们措手不及
Let's show him he hasn't hmm?
我们得向他证明他错了
Hi Marina I've decided against the house.
喂,马瑞娜,我决定不买那栋房子了
I just don't have the money for the down payment.
我的钱不够,付不起首付
Yes I'll call if anything changes
是的,如果有变化我会给你打电话
but I don't think it will.
但我觉得不会有什么变化
This is me in reporter mode.
我现在是记者模式
Ah very impreivive. How was London?
很不错,伦敦的生活怎么样
Londony?
很有伦敦的感觉
How was here?
你在这里过得怎么样
You're looking pretty casual today.
你今天看起来挺休闲的
A lot has happened.
发生了很多事情
I'm gonna be taping this if that's all right.
如果你不介意,我现在开始录音
It is but I don't have much to say.
我不介意,但我没什么可说的
Sporting News has me covering this hockey lawsuit.
体育新闻让我报道这起针对冰球的诉讼
I'm just wondering are you crazy?
我想知道你是不是疯了
Going up against hockey?
跟冰球打官司
Here's the problem Miss Linnata.
琳娜塔小姐,原因就在这里
It was my suit
我曾经负责这个案子
but I've had a little legal trouble of my own
但我自己遇到了点法律上的小麻烦
and I've been suspended from practicing law for six months.
我的律师资格被暂停了6个月
You?
你?
Really?
真的吗
What happened?
发生了什么事情
I cut some corners.
我走了点捷径
I'm a cornercutter.
我是个爱走捷径的人
Ah so this is a 12step program?
那你这个算是12步改变自我计划咯?
Yes step three admitting my faults.
是的,这是第三步,承认自己的错误
I had to hand off the case to other fine lawyers here
我得把自己负责的案子交给其他律师去做
so you probably want to ask Julius Cain
所以你还是去采访朱利叶斯·凯恩吧
whether he's crazy to go after hockey.
问问他是不是疯了,跟冰球打官司
And who's the other lawyer? What?
另一个律师是谁呢,什么,
You said there were two lawyers.
你刚才说有两个律师
Who's the other lawyer?
另一个是谁呢
Alicia Florrick.
艾丽西娅·福瑞克
Oh... yes.
哦,对了
Alicia. How is she doing?
艾丽西娅,她还好吗
Good. Good.
她挺好的,很好,
I'm so glad for her.
我真替她高兴
Well it's good seeing you Will.
威尔,今天跟你见面我很高兴
You're looking good.
你今天看起来特精神
Thank you. You are too.
谢谢,你也很精神
Good luck with your other nine steps.
祝你接下来的9个步骤一切顺利
The league ended up suspending Cameron Raker
联盟决定禁止卡梅隆·瑞克参赛
for the rest of the season
直到赛季结束
so the state's attorney at the time
所以当时的州检察官
Peter Florrick
彼得·福瑞克
thought it wasn't worth pursuing.
觉得没必要提出正式指控
But what was the charge gonna be?
如果正式指控,那罪名会是什么呢
I mean why was this treated different
为什么这起打架事件的处理方式
than any other fight on the ice?
跟其他的冰球冲突不一样
Well the concussion was severe
首先脑震荡的伤情很严重
and we were looking into it being a premeditated hit.
而且我们觉得这是蓄谋已久的攻击行为
Raker targeted our client?
瑞克盯上了我们的当事人
The whole team targeted your client.
整个球队都盯上了你的当事人
Any chance I could see the investigative report on that?
能不能把调查的报告给我看一下
Or just a peek?
看一眼也行
Funny that you've been sent here and not Kalinda.
他们派你来而不是凯琳达,挺有意思
I volunteered. Really?
我自愿的,是么,
Why?
为什么
I don't know.
我也不知道
How are you doing?
你最近怎么样
Well I'm not in the deputy's office.
我已经不再是副检察官了
Yes I um... I wasn't gonna say anything.
是啊,我没打算提这件事
Things have changed. Selfinflicted wound.
世道变了,这是我自找的
Are you safe?
你的位置安全吗
Nobody's told me otherwise
没人告诉我不安全
and that usually means no.
这通常代表我快出事了
Thank you.
谢谢你
Cameron Raker.
卡梅隆·瑞克
I am a professional ice hockey leftwinger.
我是一名职业冰球选手,打左前锋
And you're the team's enforcer?
你是你们球队的打手?
Objection Your Honor that's not an official hockey position.
反对,法官阁下,那不是冰球位置的正式说法
Mrs. Florrick is just using the term to bias these proceedings.
福瑞克夫人想利用此术语引起您的偏见
I don't understand what's the bias?
我没明白,偏见何在
Well an enforcer is someone on a hockey team who responds
打手在冰球队中的作用是
to supposedly dirty plays from the opposing team
以猛烈进攻来应对
by attacking aggressively...
对方球队的作弊行为
And thank you Mrs. Florrick for that biased definition.
福瑞克夫人,谢谢你这个充满偏见的定义
Well do you want me to explain the bias or not?
你是不是要我解释什么是偏见
Okay thank you.
好了,谢谢二位
I am enlightened without bias.
我明白了,但没产生偏见
Mr. Raker
瑞克先生
what is the official title for your position?
你所处位置的正式称谓是什么
Uh left wing.
左边锋
Okay that's what we'll call it from now on.
好,从现在起我们就这么称呼
Left wing. And I...
左边锋,我,
Mr. Raker...
瑞克先生
in your capacity as a leftwinger
你作为左边锋
did your coach ever ask you to violently respond to a dirty play?
教练是否曾要求你对作弊还以暴力
He asked me to check offenders who crossed the line you know?
他叫我阻截太过分的犯规对手
And has he ever asked you to take a player out?
他是否曾叫你除掉一个球员
If you mean "Out" by checking those offenders legally
如果你说的"除掉"是指合法地阻截那些犯规者的话
then yes.
那么,是的
That's Christian Lund your teammate
这是克里斯蒂安·兰德,你的队友
the star player under contract for 6.3 million?
合约价值630万的明星球手
Yeah. I'm sorry
是的,抱歉,
I've got to come closer; I can't see.
我要靠近些,我看不到
Oh certainly Your Honor.
没问题,法官阁下
And who is that who took out your star player?
那个除掉你们明星球手的人是谁
Him.
是他
Oh devastating hit by Duverney on Lund.
兰德被达沃尼施以毁灭性的一击
And the best man on the ice is taken down by a fourthliner.
冰上的最佳球手被一个四线球员拿下了
Was your team outraged by this hit Mr. Raker?
你的队友是否都因此很气愤,瑞克先生
I wouldn't say we were outraged. We were concerned.
不能说气愤,应该说我们很焦虑
Lund is pretty important to us.
兰德对我们来说非常重要
But did you see this postgame interview?
那你看过这段赛后采访吗
You hit us like that it's not over.
你这样攻击我们,这事没完
We've got your number Duverney.
我们记下你的号码了,达沃尼
We'll see you in February.
二月的时候等着瞧
Nope didn't see it.
没,没看过
But isn't that your jersey Mr. Raker
但背景里这件球衣不是你的吗,瑞克先生
in the background within earshot of this interview?
你完全能听到采访内容
Looks like it. II don't remember.
看起来好像是,我不记得了
And by "We'll see you in February"
而所谓"二月的时候等着瞧"
did your coach mean the next time
你的教练是不是指下次
you were playing against my client's team?
你们与我当事人的球队比赛的时候
I don't know could have meant anything really.
我不知道,这可以有很多种意思
But didn't it mean this game on February 15?
但它不就是指2月15日的这次比赛吗
I don't know.
我不知道
Maybe. I guess.
我想,有可能吧
We've got a problem here.
我们现在有点麻烦
No it's your neurologist friend at Northwestern
不,是你那西北大学的神经学专家朋友
Dr. Wedd the one we want to hire for the trial.
韦德博士,我们想雇来出庭的那个
He says he's never heard of you.
他说根本不认识你
He what?
他说什么
Yeah he said he was too busy to talk
是的,他说太忙没时间谈
and then he just rushed out of the office.
然后就急匆匆地离开办公室了
You know what I think?
你知道我在想什么吗
Yeah 'cause I'm thinking it too.
知道,我也正这么想
Canning got to him.
坎宁找上他了
Paid him off.
收买了他
Do we have a secondbest option?
我们有备用人选吗
No not for hockey impact studies.
没有,没有研究冰球撞击这方面的
You may have another play.
你可以有别的办法
Given that I can't suggest new legal strategy
鉴于我不能提出新的法律策略
I think you'll know what I'm about to say.
我想你应该知道我要说什么
Find out if Canning paid him off
弄清楚坎宁是否收买了他
and see if we can prove fraud.
看我们能否证明有欺诈行为
Obviously I can't comment
显然,我无可奉告
but it sounds like you're in movement.
但听起来你已经有所行动了
I am. Following your neurologist friend
是的,我在跟踪你那神经学专家朋友
see if he's going to meet up with Canning.
看他是不是要去见坎宁
Obviously I can't comment.
显然,我无可奉告
I will keep you in the loop.
有情况我会告诉你
Not at my urging.
不是我要你说的
Bye.
再见
Okay let me know when you find out more.
好,你查到什么情况就告诉我
Back to our old ways are we?
我们又回到老套路上了,是吗
And what ways might those be?
你指什么套路
Paying off our neurological expert.
你收买了我们的神经学专家
Are you happy at Lockhart & Gardner Mrs. Florrick?
你在洛&加律所干得开心吗,福瑞克夫人
I am happy.
开心啊
You don't look happy. Uhhuh.
但你看起来不开心
Why are you second chair to Julius when you're doing all the heavy lifting?
为什么你累死累活的却是朱利叶斯的次席律师
Because Julius is an equity partner.
因为朱利叶斯是权益合伙人
And you're not; why is that?
而你不是,为什么会这样
Okay. Here's the problem.
好吧,问题是这样的
I see how we treat lawyers who are poached.
我见过被挖墙脚律师的下场
They're the first ones out the door.
最先被扫地出门的就是他们
They're the ones we don't trust
得不到信任的也是他们
and that is why I will not be poached.
因此我是不会被挖墙脚的
The problem at Lockhart & Gardner is they treat it like a family.
洛&加的问题就在于他们把律所当成家
They treat loyalty as an absolute good.
他们标榜忠诚
And it's not? At home it is;
难道不对吗,在家里是该这样,
at work it's talent and professionalism that matter.
但在工作中应该重视才干与职业精神
That's why I don't hold a grudge.
因此我不会记仇
You come and work for me
你来跟着我干
you'll be judged on the value of your work and only your work.
我只会以你工作的价值来评价你
Let me make you an offer.
我给你发份要约吧
No.
不行
Afraid Mommy and Daddy at Lockhart & Gardner might get upset?
怕洛&加的爸爸妈妈看到不高兴吗
I'll see you in court.
法庭见
See you in court.
法庭见
And Dr. Rubich as the team doctor
鲁比克博士,作为队医
you were the first to assess Grant's injuries?
你是第一个接触到格兰特的伤势的吗
Yes I examided Grant in the dressing room right after the fight.
对,格兰特一打完架我就在更衣室为他做了检查
And you tested him for symptoms of concussion? Yes.
你为他做了脑震荡症状的测试吗,是的,
How long was the examination?
检查时间有多长
About 15 minutes.
大约15分钟
And then you cleared him to get back into the game?
然后你就确定他可以回赛场去比赛了吗
He seemed fine.
他看上去没问题
He uh even made a pretty hard check in the last minute.
他甚至在最后一分钟还来了个很猛的阻截
Saved the team a goal. And yet three days later
助球队保住一分,而三天后,
he was in the hospital and never played again.
他进了医院,再也不能打球了
Yes that's my understanding.
据我所知是的
When you conducted my client's exit physical
当你对我的当事人进行离场身体检查时
what did you write in the file in regard to head injuries?
关于头部伤势你在资料上是怎么描述的
I didn't write anything.
我什么都没写
I saw no need to.
我觉得不需要
Dr. Rubich what's a baseline test?
鲁比克医生,基准线测试是什么意思
It's a neuropsychological test we run on players
是在赛季开始之前对球员进行的
before the start of the season.
一项神经心理测试
In the event they suffer a head injury during a game
假如他们在比赛中头部受伤
we can determine if it's a concussion
我们就可以通过对比测试结果
by comparing the results.
来判断是否有脑震荡
And did you perform those tests on Grant Duverney
在格兰特,达沃尼被卡梅隆·瑞克击倒后
after he was knocked down by Cameron Raker?
你是否对他进行了这些测试呢
Yes and the results were identical with the baseline.
是的,测试结果与基准线完全一致
There were no signs of brain trauma.
并没有脑损伤的迹象
So in other words you did your job?
换句话说,你尽了你的职责?
Yes.
是的
Thank you Doctor.
谢谢,医生
We need our neurologist.
我们需要我们的神经科专家
Kalinda thinks he'll meet with Canning after court.
凯琳达认为他在庭审后会跟坎宁见面
Hello?
你好
Diane?
戴安?
Kalinda?
凯琳达?
Yeah
是我
guess who our neurologist is with?
猜猜看谁跟我们的神经科专家在一起
Canning?
坎宁?
No not Canning.
不是,不是坎宁
Frank Michael Thomas.
弗兰克·迈克·托马斯
What the actor?
什么,那个演员
And the lawyer.
兼任律师
I don't understand what does he have to do with hockey?
我不明白,他跟冰球案有什么关系
I have no idea but I thought
我不知道,不过我认为
you should come down and talk to him.
你应该过来跟他谈谈
No I can't right now.
我现在不行
Um just take some pictures and...
先拍些照片
Uh yeah just do what you normally do.
就按你平常来
I'll talk to you.
我回头跟你说
Just call Alicia and Will.
给艾丽西娅和威尔打电话
Hello Jack.
你好,杰克
Shall I assume you're 40 minutes late
你迟到40分钟
because of Australian standard time?
难道是因为澳大利亚的时差吗
I wish it were the case.
我希望如此
I also wish you won't hate me
我还希望我告诉你我有点麻烦事的话
when I tell you I have a complication.
你不会记恨我
Another time Diane I promise.
改天吧,戴安,我保证
Just tell me you don't hate me.
告诉我你没记恨我
I don't hate you.
我不恨你
Go uncomplicate your complication.
解决你的麻烦事吧
You've reached the personal voice mail of Kurt McVeigh.
您已接通库尔特·麦克维的语音信箱
I'm unavailable right...
我现在不能...
Can I have the check please?
买单
Yes?
你好
Oh I'm sorry. I uh...
抱歉,我...
this...? Are you here to see Kurt?
这里是... 你是来找库尔特的? IIs
Uh yes.
是的
I hope I'm not uh...
我希望我没...
No come in.
没事,请进
Diane.
戴安
Hello.
你好
And surprise.
惊喜吧
After what a year?
都多久了,一年?
Did you just happen to be in the neighborhood?
你刚好在附近吗
No. Uh but I think
不是,不过我觉得
I should call the cab back and return to mine.
我该把出租车叫回来,打道回府
Goodbye.
再见
It's a 40mile drive.
那得有40里路呢
And that's when I found my voice.
我就在那时形成了自己的独创风格
Acting is all about the voice.
做演员,最重要的就是独创性
Well Will Gardner.
你好,威尔·加德纳
How you doing? Good sir.
你还好吗,很好,先生
Till I found you stole our neurologist.
直到我发现你撬走了我们的神经科专家
Really?
真的?
I didn't realize he was in a position to be stolen.
我没意识到我是在撬人墙角
Nice to meet you ladies.
很高兴认识你们,女士们
So you're working for Louis Canning now?
这么说你现在替路易斯·坎宁工作了?
Nope.
不是
You're suing hockey?
你要告冰球联盟?
Yep.
是的
Class action seven players.
集团诉讼,七个球员
Head injuries? Yep.
头部伤害? 是的,
APHL's been mishandling head injuries
北美冰球联盟自打第一次
ever since the first time they strapped a metal blade
把冰刀装到靴子底下起
to the underside of a boot.
就一直草率处理球员头部伤害
I'm hoping to make it right for these players.
我想替那些球员讨回个公道
Then join us.
那就加入我们吧
Pool our resources.
集中双方的资源
Make the league fight a multifront war.
对冰球联盟多线作战
Well I appreciate the offer but uh my answer's got to be:
我很感激你的提议,但我的回答是
not a chance in hell.
绝对不可能
Louis Canning is using your case
坎宁是想趁我起诉之前
to establish legal precedent before I file mine.
利用你的案子创一个判例
Whupping you makes it easier for him to fight me.
把你们先打趴下,利于日后和我对抗
Which is why he was prepared and so eager to rush to court.
所以他才那么急着上庭
Yep. Well good luck.
没错,祝你们好运
Hockey will be fighting you to the last man.
冰球联盟会跟你们斗到底的
And you're going to lose.
你们输定了
You're going to lose bad.
你们会一败涂地
At least we're offering a choice.
至少我们提供了选择权
Unlike your socialist fascist campaign
不像你们那社会主义法西斯主义般的竞选
ours is a horse race. With four hobbled horses.
我们的是场公平的赛马,四匹瘸马
Not too hobbled to beat your man Obama.
瘸归瘸,打败你们的奥巴马还绰绰有余
Did you think we were going to listen
你以为我们会乖乖听灰发老头的话
to the gray hairs hand it to Romney?
把大权交给罗姆尼吗?
Bloody battle's healthy fires people up.
浴血之战才好,激发人们的斗志
Yes particularly billionaires
没错,特别激发那些
putting down payments on candidates.
在候选人身上下重注的富豪们
Ah the Highland Park liberal.
啊,住在高地公园的民主党人
Cries foul about the evil Republican super PACs
一边对邪恶共和党的超级政治基金大喊犯规
as she writes a check to Obama's.
一边却在给奥巴马签支票送钱
Shall we drink to your allegedly nonactivist Supreme Court?
为你们那号称客观裁量的最高法院干一杯?
Right. Scalia Alito the rest of the big scary five.
没错,斯卡利亚,阿利托,还有五人团其余几位
Four. We're wearing Kennedy down.
四人团,我们要把肯尼迪攻陷了
All part of our clever Highland Park liberal plan.
这是我们高地公园自由派计划的一部分
Well I would love to stay and keep proving you wrong
我很乐意接着证明你大错特错
but I've got an early forensics class
但我明早还有法证课
and my instructor here gets surly
迟到的话
if we're late so...
我这位老师可是要发飙的
It was nice meeting you Diane.
很高兴认识你,戴安
And you Miranda. Keep breathing that fire.
我也是,米兰达,继续口吐莲花吧
See you tomorrow Kurt. Yeah.
明天见,库尔特,好,
Oh she's wonderful.
她很不错
Crack shot too.
还是个神枪手
Crime labs will be climbing all over each other to hire her.
那些法证实验室会争着抢着雇她的
So she's your...
这么说她是你的...
protege?
学徒?
You could call her that.
可以这么说
Well you two certainly are of uh like minds.
你们俩想法挺相似的
Except I like a good argument.
但我更喜欢跟人争论
Consensus is less...
两厢情愿就没了
interesting.
乐趣
Hello.
你好
Is this a regular thing?
这是你的习惯吗
Dropping in on men you haven't seen in a year?
顺道拜访下已一年未见的男人
I could use some direction here.
我需要些指示搞搞清楚
Wh What exactly is this?
这到底算什么
It's me missing you.
我想你了
And hoping you feel likewise.
同时希望你的心情也如此
The real estate lady called.
那个女房地产商打来电话
She thinks that they'll take ten percent down.
她认为他们会降价百分之十
What?
怎么了
The real estate lady should not be telling you that.
女房地产商不应该告诉你这事
She's calling here because she wants
她打来这里是因为她想
to get you two excited about the house.
让你们俩因此而激动雀跃
No she was just being nice.
不,她只是想帮忙
I'll talk to her. She should not be calling here.
我会和她谈的,她不该打到家里
You're really trying to make it work huh?
你是在想办法买回房子吧
I don't know.
我不知道
I I knew they'd come after me.
我知道他们会盯上我
I was a marked man.
我就是众矢之的
Because of your check in that first game on their star
是因为你在第一场比赛中撞了他们的主力
Christian Lund?
克里斯蒂安·兰德吗
Yes.
是的
Cameron Raker was sixfootthree 225 pounds.
卡梅隆·瑞克身高1米87体重205斤
How big were you Grant?
你的体型如何,格兰特
Fiveeleven 190.
身高1米77体重172斤
Yet when he goaded you
但当他挑衅你之后
you fought him.
你就和他打起来了
I had no choice.
我别无选择
If... if I hadn't fought
如果我不还击
they would have gone after one of our star players.
他们就会去围攻我们队的主力之一了
How can you be so sure?
你怎么这么肯定
'Cause we would have done the same thing.
因为换做是我们也会这么做,
It's... it's the game.
这...就是比赛
No further questions.
没有问题了
First let me start by saying
首先,请允许我
how sorry I am about your recent medical developments.
对您近日所遭受的医疗事故致以诚挚问候
If I can offer some advice from personal experience:
而我从个人经历所能给你的建议就是
one day at a time.
时间漫长,终会过去???
Thank you.
谢谢
So this baseline test the doctor gave you
赛季初,在医生为你做的
at the start of the season did you fake yours?
基准线测试里,你有掺假吗
Did did I...?
我,我掺...
I'm I I don't... I'm not sure I understand...
我,我不太懂...
Weren't you told by a teammate to fake the test?
队友不是告诉你要对测试数据掺假吗
You know tap on the keyboard a little slower
比如敲键盘时速度稍慢点
or mix up the numbers on the test grid.
或者搞错方格试片上的数字
That way if you suffered a head injury during a game
利用那种方法,即使你比赛时头部受伤
the team doctors would see similar results
队医也会观察到类似的结果
and clear you to play.
然后同意你比赛
Objection.
反对
Hearsay. My apologies Your Honor.
这是传闻证据,抱歉,法官阁下,
I should have submitted this
我早该递交这份
evidence deposition from one Anthony Murillo
由穆律罗所提供的证词
who was Mr. Duverney's roommate during his rookie season.
他是达沃尼先生新晋赛季时的室友
Mr. Duverney one more time.
达沃尼先生,再请问一次
Did you fake your baseline test?
你对基准线测试掺假了吗
Yes.
是的
So if you hadn't faked your test
所以,如果你没有测试掺假
they would have been able to diagnose you and treat you properly.
那他们就能对你做出恰当的诊断和治疗了
Objection beyond the witness's expertise.
反对,超证人专业知识
Withdrawn. No... no further questions Your Honor.
我收回,没,没问题了,法官阁下
Grant why did you fake your baseline test?
格兰特,你为何要对测试掺假
For the same reason a lot of players do:
很多运动员都会因同一理由这么做
I was afraid of losing my job.
我怕丢了我的饭碗
What are you doing right now?
你现在在干什么
Diane has me on something. What do you need?
戴安让我查点事,你有什么需要
How quickly can you upload a video online?
你上传一份录像到网上有多快
No fingerprints.
别留下上传痕迹
Mrs. Florrick.
福瑞克夫人
My driver is still at the dentist.
我的司机还在看牙医
Can I get a lift?
我能搭个便车吗
How much flexibility is there?
那儿的工作灵活性如何
Well we offer telecommuting.
我们提供远程办公
And then there's day care at work.
工作的地方还有日托所
No uh I have an issue.
不,我现在遇到个困难
My apartment has gone condo
我的公寓已经分户出售了
and I have the possibility of purchasing a house.
而我极有可能要买幢房子
And you need money for the down payment?
你需要钱付头期
Yes and a consistent higher level in pay.
是的,还要有份维持较高水平的薪水
I have private tuition and I'm trying to save for college.
我请了家教,还得存钱给孩子上大学
I'll work up an offer.
我会拟份要约给你
No. No I'm fine.
不,我没事
Clearly you're not fine or we wouldn't be sitting here.
显然你有事,否则我们不会坐在这里
Mr. Canning seriously I'm fine.
坎宁先生,说真的,我没事
All right let's leave it at this.
好吧,不如这样吧
I'll work up an offer.
我会拟份职位意向给你
You'll think about it.
你考虑一下
We'll talk on the phone later.
我们之后可以在电话里讨论
And that's it no pressure.
就这样,别有压力
Nobody's doing anything wrong here Alicia.
这件事里谁都没做错,艾丽西娅
This is how America works.
这就是美国
So you're familiar with this Web site?
你对这个网站熟悉吗
Rinkfights.com Yes. RinkFights.com.
是的
It's not sanctioned for our league.
但这不是由我们联盟操作的
Well then you're aware that it lets fans vote
那你知道体育迷可以在上面投票
on who will win the fight
赌谁会打赢架
that the players actually have fight cards
知道运动员都有打架卡
with winloss records? Yes.
记录输赢结果吗,知道,
As APHL's chief administrative officer
据北美冰球联盟的首席执行官所言
you have the final say over league copyright issues
对联盟的版权问题你有最终决定权
correct? I do.
对吗,是的,
The clips the Web site plays are game broadcasts.
网站上播放的片段都是比赛录像
Do you grant them permission to use these?
你有授权给他们予以使用吗
Absolutely not.
绝对没有
As I said this is not an APHLsanctioned Web site.
我说过,这不是北美冰球联盟认可的网站
Let's talk about another Web site that uses your clips.
那来看看另一个使用你片段的网站吧
This is a recent BostonDetroit game.
这是近期波士顿对底特律的比赛
It was posted online yesterday by an employee of our firm.
它是昨天经由我律所的同事上传到网上的
Do you know how long it took the Webmaster
你知道从你的办公室发出禁止令
to receivea cease and desist order from your office?
到网络管理员收到指令要多久吗
No.
不知道
Two hours and
需要两小时
in the eight years since RinkFights.com has been online
而在Rinkfights.com上线以来的八年里
how many cease and desist letters have you issued them?
你又向他们发了多少张禁止令
None.
没有发过
Is that because you encourage fans' enthusiasm for fights?
那是因为你鼓励体育迷对打架抱有热情吗
No of course not.
不,当然不是
Then why aren't you removing these fight videos?
那你为什么不删除这些打斗的视频呢
Well I guess we'll start.
我想我们会开始清理的
Thank you for the encouragement.
谢谢你的建议
And thank you for that damaging testimony.
谢谢你那极具威力的证词
Objection.
反对
Sustained
反对有效
I think we should all have a little sitdown.
我觉得我们需要谈谈
About?
关于什么
Me help you win this thing.
帮你们赢这场官司
The truth are you in bed with him?
说实话,你和他在合作吗(合作:亦表上床)
Am I in bed with him?
你问我有和他上床(合作)吗?
Yeah. That's what I've been hearing from unnamed sources.
是的,我从别人那听说了
I can neither confirm nor deny
我们和弗兰克·迈克·托马斯
that we have any formal agreement with Frank Michael Thomas.
是否达成正式协议,我不置可否
And you don't think suits like yours and Mr. Thomas's
你不认为你和托马斯先生的案子
will hurt the sport of ice hockey?
会损害冰球运动吗
No. Is fighting essential to the sport of ice hockey?
不会,冰球运动中打斗必不可少吗
Some think it's a safety valve.
有人认为这是一个安全阀门
Without it you'd see a lot more sticks swinging out there.
如果没有它,球员们就该抡球杆
Not in college hockey.
大学冰球赛就不会
Not in the Olympics. You would get ejected.
奥林匹克中也不会,否则会被取消资格
But aren't the stakes a little higher in the pros?
职业联赛中不是更牵涉到利害关系吗?
Players' livelihoods are on the line.
运动员的生计都悬于一线
Then why are there no real fights
但是为什么冠军联赛中
during the championship series?
他们就不敢真刀真枪地打架呢
Sounds like your closing argument.
听起来像是你的结案陈词
Thanks. No problem.
谢谢,没问题,
If you need any more you should talk to Julius.
如果你要了解更多,你最好找朱利叶斯
So you were in London right?
你前段时间在伦敦,对吧
Setting up your magazine's operation for the Olympics?
为你们报社的奥运会专题做准备?
Yes.
是的
How was it?
伦敦怎么样
Rainy.
总下雨
You slept with Will after I left town didn't you?
我离开之后,你和威尔上床了吧
I promise you he didn't tell me.
这不是他跟我说的
Will didn't put up much of a fight
我告诉威尔我要去伦敦时
when I told him about the London offer.
他没什么大反应
And then I emailed him right after I got there but no response.
到伦敦时,我电邮他,但他没回
I chalked it up to his being so busy
我把这归因于他太忙了
but Will never not responds.
但是威尔从来不会不回
I knew you two had history so...
我知道你们之间有段历史,所以
two plus two.
简单加法
I think that's a conversation you should have with Will.
我觉得你应该找威尔谈论这些
You're right.
你说得对
Inappropriate of me.
是我失礼了
You know for the record
声明一下
it wasn't over between Will and I
我出发去伦敦时
when I left for London.
威尔和我还没结束
Then you slept with him and it was over.
你和他上床之后,我们之间就结束了
We appreciate the change of heart.
我们很感激你改变主意
We could use whatever help you can give us.
我们会利用好你给的所有帮助
Shouldn't we wait for Ms. Lockhart
我们应该等洛克哈特女士来了之后
before getting to brass tacks?
再讨论这些重大问题吧
I understood she was gonna be a part of this.
我记得她计划参与这个会议的
Diane got pulled away on another case.
戴安被其他案子缠住了
But we'll bring her up to speed.
我们会把最新进展向她汇报的
So be it.
那就这样吧
Don't look at this as a benevolent gesture
不要把这个看做是友好姿态
I just think you folks did a hell of a job in court today
你们今天在法庭上表现得非常出色
and it looks like helping you might actually help me after all.
我觉得帮你们就相当于帮我自己
Um I'm sorry would you excuse me please?
不好意思,我离开一下
Of course.
请便
Now you just promise me this
答应我一件事
when you use this against Louis Canning
在用这些攻击路易斯·坎宁时
try to draw blood.
要一招见血
We're adding a witness Dr. Andrea Wedd.
我们要增加一名证人,安德里亚·韦德医生
And you're telling me in accordance to court rules.
你告诉我,是为了遵守法庭规则?
Very honorable of you. Dr. Wedd is a neurologist...
真可贵,韦德医生是神经学家,
Who has repeatedly lambasted the league
他不断重复抨击
for its approach to head injuries.
联盟处理头部损伤的方法
I've read all his articles.
我读了他所有的文章
He has a unique gift for repeating himself.
在重复方面,他可是独树一帜
What Dr. Wedd is testifying to isn't in any of his articles.
韦德医生所做证词不在他的文章中
Really?
真的吗
Dr. Wedd approached the league with a rigorous protocol
韦德医生想为联盟工作,他提出了严谨的协议
for evaluating and treating players with head injuries
来评估和对待有头部损伤的球员
one that wouldn't scare players into faking baseline tests.
让球员不会因害怕而伪造基准测试
Had the league not dismissed Dr. Wedd so quickly
如果联盟没那么快就拒绝韦德医生
Grant Duverney would have been properly diagnosed and treated.
格兰特·达沃尼本可以得到恰当的诊断治疗
I can show you the rejection email
我可以把联盟副主席给韦德医生的
that Dr. Wedd received from the league VP.
回绝邮件给你们看
It's a quick read.
信不长
I'll run it by the league
我会和联盟协商
see what they want to do.
看看他们想怎么做
One more thing.
还有一件事情
You have 24 hours.
你有24小时的时间考虑
Fishing?
钓鱼?
At Horsetail Lake.
在马尾湖
It's an easy drive from the city.
从这里开车过去很方便
We'd make it a day trip.
去旅行一天吧
Kurt have we met?
库尔特,你还不了解我吗
I'll do all the baiting.
鱼饵我来弄
Oh would you have it any other way?
可以换个方式吗
We pack a lunch we rent a boat
我们带上午餐,租一条船
and we breathe something other than car exhaust for a few hours
呼吸一下没有汽车尾气污染的空气
and the good news for you
给你的优待是
cell phone coverage.
你可以用手机
Hold on a second.
等一下
You don't hate me right?
你不恨我,对吧
Uh Jack?
是杰克吗
Uh hello.
你好
I said I'd take you out some other time
我说想另找时间约你
so I'm calling to find out that other time.
就打电话看你什么时候有空
Uh... when do you have in mind?
你想要什么时候
I was thinking Friday night.
周五晚上
Unwind after work.
下班之后
I uh... Can you hold on a second?
你可以等一下吗
Kurt?
是库尔特吗
No Jack. Oh hold on a second.
不,是杰克,等一下,
Who's Kurt?
谁是库尔特
He's j... he's just aa business associate.
一个生意伙伴
Uh II will be right back uh...
我就回来
Jack. Jack. Hold on.
杰克,你先别挂,
Hello?
你好
Look if Horsetail Lake doesn't cut it for you then...
如果你觉得去马尾湖不合适的话
No no no. It sounds fun.
不会,听起来很有趣
When were you... thinking?
你打算什么时候去
Saturday morning. Pick you up at 8:00.
周六早上,八点钟去接你
Perfect. I will see you then. Bye.
很好,到时见,再见
Still there?
还在吗
Yep.
是的
Friday night sounds good.
周五晚上可以的
It's pretty darn hard being on the outside looking in huh?
在外面干看着,滋味不好受吧
I'm just sitting here watching the wheels turn round and round.
我就是坐在这里看着公司运转
What do you need Eli?
有什么事,伊莱
I did not leak to the disciplinary board.
我没向纪律委员会泄密
But you're gonna tell me who did?
但你要告诉我是谁泄密的
I can tell you my suspicions.
我能告诉你我怀疑谁
David Lee. Yup.
大卫·李,是的,
That's funny.
真有趣
David Lee was in here yesterday
大卫·李昨天来这里
saying you leaked it.
说是你泄密的
He did not.
他没说
He did. No.
他说了,不,
No you're playing us against each other.
不,你在离间我们
As long as we're fighting each other
我们吵得越久
you're safe.
你越安全
I don't think I'll ever be... safe.
我永远不会认为我...安全
It's good talking to you Eli.
和你聊天很愉快,伊莱
Excuse me Diane?
请留步,戴安
Uh yes Alicia?
什么事,艾丽西娅
I have received a formal job offer from Louis Canning.
我收到路易斯·坎宁正式的工作要约
From Canning?
坎宁的?
He approached me several months ago and I declined
几个月前他就想挖我,我拒绝了
but he's been persistent.
但他一直没放弃
And you're considering it?
那你考虑吗
I'd like to stay but his offer...
我很想留下,但他的出价
would go a long way to helping me cover a mortgage payment.
对于支付抵押贷款会有很大的帮助
It wasn't Louis Canning who gave you a chance
又不是坎宁在你当了13年家庭主妇后
after 13 years away from the law.
给你机会重操旧业
This is his offer.
这是他的出价
If I stay at the firm it has to be more.
如果要我留在公司,必须高于他
You'll give me till the end of the week? No.
这周末给你答案行吗,不,
I can't.
不行
Yep everybody changes.
是,人都会变的
End of the week Alicia
等到周末,艾丽西娅
or you can clean out your desk right now.
否则你现在就能收拾桌子走人
You've heard nothing? No text no email nothing.
什么也没听说吗,短信,电邮,都没有,
I would've thought Canning would want to end this
我以为坎宁想结束这案子呢
keep the league from getting skewered in court.
不让联盟被告上法庭
Fine put Dr. Wedd on the stand. Mr. Cain
好吧,让韦德医生出庭,凯恩先生,
do you have a minute? Can it wait until after court?
有空吗,能等到上完庭吗,
There is no court.
没庭可上了
I just spoke to Judge Rigby.
我刚和里格比法官谈过
The Snow Plain Corporation has reevaluated its position
雪原公司公司再次评估了原案中
on the original case.
自己所处的位置
We're now prepared to settle.
我们准备和解
WWell we're way beyond that point Mr. Hines.
好吧,那个我们商量过了,海因斯先生
The only acceptable number is the full $5 million.
付够500万才能和解
Good. Because that's what we're offering.
好,因为那是我们的出价
Talk to your client and let me know.
跟你的当事人谈谈,再答复我
What just happened?
刚才怎么了
I think we just won.
我想我们赢了
No! No no no no!
不,不,不
No bonus!
没有奖金
She just won a case.
她刚赢了一个案子
Alicia did not win a case she was handed a settlement.
艾丽西娅不是赢了个案子,她接受了庭外和解
Which we wouldn't have gotten but for her performance.
不是她的出色表现,对方不可能和解
Oh forgive me Miyagi I forgot who was guiding Alicia.
原谅我,宫城先生,我忘了你是艾丽西娅的导师
And since when do you have a problem
从什么时候起你对
with winning money for clients?
为当事人赢钱有疑问了呢
Oh who cares about the client! Will!
谁在乎当事人,威尔
Tell them how disastrous it would be if Alicia walks.
告诉他们如果艾丽西娅走人会是多大的灾难
I don't care what she's paid.
我不在乎出她多少钱
I just can't afford to lose another body right now.
现在再有人员损失我可经受不起
Look we all know the issue.
瞧,既然争论不休
Why don't we just put it to a vote.
为何大家不投票表决
All those in favor... No.
同意的就... 不,
She's getting her bonus.
她会有奖金
I'm invoking managingpartner prerogative.
以我合伙人的特权决定
You can't be serious.
你不是认真的吧
Mm what are we talking about?
我们在讨论什么
The firm's bylaws allow the managing partner to act unilaterally.
公司章程允许合伙人单方面采取行动
Under extenuating circumstances.
在这种情况之下
We must have missed the memo.
我们一定漏掉了备忘录
Apparently we're now Stalin & Associates.
显然,现在这里是斯大林律所了
Well if it means Alicia sticks around
如果意味着艾丽西娅还在这里
I second it. You can't second it.
我赞成,你不能赞成,
The matter is closed.
这件事定了
Any other business?
还有别的事情吗
You just stuck your neck out for a thirdyear associate.
你为一个三年从业律师甘冒风险
Your suspension has left us exposed.
你被停职让我们无从选择
I stuck my neck out for the future of this firm.
我为公司的未来甘冒风险
I'm not sure what time I can get out tonight.
我不确定今晚几点能出去
But thank you very much Mr. Canning.
不过很感谢你,坎宁先生
Is something wrong?
有什么问题吗
You used me.
你利用我
No.
没有
The firm made it attractive for me to stay.
公司让我留下的报酬很有吸引力
It was unexpected. Unexpected as a knife in the back.
很意外,就和背后被捅一刀一样意外,
Y... You should still be pleased.
你...你应该高兴
You did well for your client.
你没有对不住你的当事人
Whatever deal you cut with Snow Plain
不论你与雪原公司的交易如何
deflects any liability away from the league.
冰球联盟免于任何责任
No I'm pleased
不,我很高兴
because I needed to smoke Frank Michael Thomas out
因为我需要查明弗兰克·迈克·托马斯
find out what he had for his class action.
他的集体诉讼有什么证据
And thanks to your good lawyering now I know
感谢你这个好律师,现在我知道了
and I'll be ready for him.
我也做好准备对付他了
So I guess what I want to say to you Alicia
我猜想跟你说的话,艾丽西娅
is thank you.
是谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Anything you have would be really helpful.
你提供的任何事都会很有帮助的
Okay. Okay good.
好,好,很好
Thanks.
谢谢
The other day when you brought the beer
那天你拿啤酒过来
I wasn't... It's all right.
我不是... 没关系,
They were warm anyway.
再说,酒已经是热的
Look I can't go back to the way it was before.
瞧,我不能回到从前那样
There's just been too much.
经历的实在是太多了
I know.
我知道
But...
但是...
I'd like to try to make it work.
我想尝试恢复正常
It's just that everything...
只是那一切...
it has to be...
一定要...
on the table.
坦白
I can't be the only one being forthcoming.
不能只有我主动坦白
I can't be the only one being honest.
也不能只有我诚实
Can.... you do that?
你...能做到吗
Yeah.
能,
Okay.
好的
I'll see you tomorrow.
明天见

重点单词   查看全部解释    
testify ['testifai]

想一想再看

v. 证明,作证,声明

联想记忆
liberal ['libərəl]

想一想再看

adj. 慷慨的,大方的,自由主义的
n. 自

联想记忆
collect [kə'lekt]

想一想再看

v. 收集,聚集
v. 推论

联想记忆
preserve [pri'zə:v]

想一想再看

v. 保存,保留,维护
n. 蜜饯,禁猎区

联想记忆
assume [ə'sju:m]

想一想再看

vt. 假定,设想,承担; (想当然的)认为

联想记忆
unique [ju:'ni:k]

想一想再看

adj. 独一无二的,独特的,稀罕的

联想记忆
enlightened [in'laitnd]

想一想再看

adj. 被启发的,进步的,文明的 动词enlighte

 
disastrous [di'zɑ:strəs]

想一想再看

adj. 灾难性的

联想记忆
copyright ['kɔpirait]

想一想再看

n. 版权,著作权
adj. 版权的

 
equity ['ekwəti]

想一想再看

n. 权益,产权,(无固定利息的)股票,衡平法

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。