手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 小学英语 > 小学英语教材 > 美国小学英语教材 > 美国小学英语教材1 > 正文

美国小学英语教材1:第11课 马戏团的小象

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

The Circus Elephant

马戏团的小象
Baby Elephant was not happy.
小象很不开心。
"I don't like the circus," he said.
“我不喜欢这个马戏团,”它说。
"I don't want to put on a funny hat and do tricks for boys and girls.
我不想戴着滑稽的帽子给男孩子和女孩子表演马戏。
I don't want to walk down town in the parade.
我不想进城游行。
I don't want to stand here.
我不想站在这里。
I want something, he said.
我想要些东西,它说。
But I don't know what I want.
但我又不知道我想要的是什么。
Soon every one in the circus began to get ready for the parade.
没过多久,马戏团的所有人都开始准备游行了。
Then the big drum began to say: "Come, come! Come, come!
接着,大鼓开始响了起来:“来啊,快来!来啊,快来!”
Baby Elephant said, "Now I know what I want. I want to run away.
小象说,“现在我知道我想要什么了。我要逃跑。”
So Baby Elephant ran away from the circus.
于是,小象逃离了马戏团。
By and by Baby Elephant came to the big woods.
没过多久,小象走到了大森林里。
There he saw a gray squirrel.
它在那里看见了一只灰松鼠。
"Hello," said Baby Elephant.
“你好,”小象说。
This is a fine place to live.
这是个生活的好地方。
I think I will live here, too.
我想我也要住在这里。
The gray squirrel said, Then you will have to hide some nuts.
那只灰松鼠说,那么你得储藏一些坚果。
You must get ready for winter.
你必须为过冬做好准备。
Soon the snow will come, and then you will find nothing to eat.
马上就要下雪了,到那时你就找不到吃的东西了。
Have you thought about that?"
你考虑过这个问题吗?
Baby Elephant went on.
小象继续往前走。
Soon he came to a pony.
没过多久,它碰到了一只小马。
"Hello!" said Baby Elephant.
“你好!”小象说。
What a fine place to live.
住在这里真好啊!
I am going to live here, too.
我也要住在这里。

the circus elephant

Are you? asked the pony.

是吗?小马问到。
Then you will have to get ready for winter.
那你得为过冬做好准备。
You must cut some grass.
你必须割一些草。
"Why?" asked Baby Elephant.
“为什么啊?”小象问到。
The pony said, There is nothing to eat here in the winter.
小马说,冬天这里就没有什么可吃的东西了。
Have you thought about that?
你考虑过这个问题吗?
Baby Elephant did not want to think about winter.
小象不想去考虑冬天的事情。
So he went on and on.
于是,它继续往前走啊走。
By and by he met a brown bear.
不一会儿,它遇到了一只棕熊。
"Hello, "said the bear.
“你好,”熊说。
"Did you come from a zoo?"
“你是从动物园来的吗?”
"Oh, no," said Baby Elephant.
“噢,不是,”小象说。
I ran away from the circus.
我是从马戏团跑出来的。
I am going to live in the woods.
我要住在这个森林里。
"Well, well!" said the bear.
“哦,哦!”熊说。
You will have to dig a big hole.
你必须要挖一个大洞。
"Why?" asked Baby Elephant.
“为什么啊?”小象问到。
"The snow will come very soon," said the bear.
“很快就要下雪了,”熊说。
Then there will be nothing to eat in the woods.
到了那时,森林里就没有吃的东西了。
So you must sleep all winter in a big hole.
所以啊,你必须整个冬天都在大洞里睡觉。
Have you thought about that?
你考虑过这个问题吗?
"This is not a good place to live," thought Baby Elephant.
“这里不是个生活的好地方,”小象心想。
I don't want to cut grass.
我不想割草。
I don't like nuts, and I don't want to sleep in a hole all winter.
我不喜欢坚果,而且我也不想整个冬天都在大洞里睡觉。
Just then he heard the big drum say, Come, come! Come, come!
就在这时,它听到大鼓响了起来,来啊,快来!来啊,快来!
Baby Elephant began to run back to the circus as fast as he could go.
小象以最快的速度开始向马戏团跑去。
He was just in time for the parade.
它正好赶上了游行。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
drum [drʌm]

想一想再看

n. 鼓,鼓声,鼓状物
vi. 击鼓,连续敲击

 
squirrel ['skwirəl]

想一想再看

n. 松鼠,松鼠皮毛
vt. 储存

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。