Man: Oof! I'm exhausted!
男:哎呦!太累了!
Woman: Me too! It's so tiring,isn't it Kevin?
女:我也是!太累了,不是吗凯文?
Man: Yeah, concentrating for that long.
男:是啊,注意力集中了这么久。
Woman: Well, we still have to decide who to choose for the job.
女:我们还得决定选谁来做这个工作。
Man: While it's still fresh in our minds.
男:当这些人在我们头脑中依然鲜活的时候。
Woman: It's such a responsibility, isn't it? I mean, even just remembering who's who, after seeing so many.
女:责任很重大啊,不是吗?我是说,在见过这么多面试者以后,仅仅记住谁是谁也不容易啊。
Man: Twelve in a day is a lot. But I can still picture them, what with their application form and CVs with the photos to remind us.
男:一天面试12个人挺多的。但是在申请表和简历上的照片的提醒下,我还能想象他们的样子。
The real problem for me is I feel I end up comparing them to each other.
对我来说,真正的问题是,我最终会对他们进行比较。
Woman: Well, that's only natural.
女:这是很正常的事情。
Man: Yes, but we should be relating them to the criteria we've established,
男:是啊,但是我们应该把他们和我们建立的标准联系起来,
I mean keeping to that system of judging their suitability, and not letting our personal opinions get in the way.
我的意思是要遵循那个判断他们是否合适的系统,不要让我们的个人意见成为障碍。
Woman: Mmm, nor just saying oh, he was better than him.
女:嗯,也不能随便地表示,这位面试者比那位面试者好。
Man: Yes. Well, by any measurement I thought Michael White was hopeless.
男:是的。我认为,不论用什么标准来衡量,我都觉得迈克尔·怀特毫无希望。
Woman: Oh quite. Though he was eager to please.
女:确实。尽管他很想取悦别人。
Man: And he did say some intelligent things.
男:他确实说了一些聪明的话。
Woman: But you just can't trust someone who's not held down the same position for more than a year.
女:但是,你不能信任一个没有在同一岗位上工作超过一年的人。
Man: At the most! No, absolutely, despite his list of qualifications, definitely not.
男:最多一年!不会的,尽管他有很多资格证书,我们肯定不会录用他的。
Woman: No. That's why I think the test...
女:不会的。这就是为什么我觉得测验...
Man: The personality profile?
男:性格测试?
Woman: Mm, the psychology one, is so helpful. It shows up that kind of thing.
女:嗯,那个心理测试很有帮助。它会显示出那些情况。
Man: The attitudes to management structures?
男:对管理结构的态度?
Woman: Well, I was thinking more of how it highlights attitudes, shows the reactions to the dynamics of operating in groups.
女:我想的更多的是它是如何强调态度的,它显示出候选者对团体动力学的反应。
Man: I have to say I'm more convinced by the case study.
男:我不得不说我更相信案例研究。
Woman: Because it shows the candidates in real life situations?
女:因为它显示了候选人在现实情境中的情况?
Man: Hmm, I was thinking of the insights it gives you into what they think is most important, the values they attach to things.
男:我想的是,研究会让你了解,候选人觉得什么是最重要的事情,他们对事物的价值观。
Woman: Because they've got time to work it through logically.
女:因为他们有时间在逻辑上解决问题。