手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 哈利波特 > 哈利波特与密室 > 正文

有声读物《哈利波特与密室》第16期:陋居(6)

来源:可可英语 编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

The kitchen was small and rather cramped.

厨房很小,相当拥挤,
There was a scrubbed wooden table and chairs in the middle,
中间是一张擦得干干净净的木头桌子和几把椅子。
and Harry sat down on the edge of his seat, looking around. He had never been in a wizard house before.
哈利坐在椅子上,屁股只沾了一点边儿。他打量四周,以前他从没进过巫师的家。
The clock on the wall opposite him had only one hand and no numbers at all.
对面墙上的挂钟只有一根针,没标数字,
Written around the edge were things like Time to make tea, Time to feed the chickens, and You’re late.
钟面上写着“煮茶、喂鸡、你要迟到了”之类的话。
Books were stacked three deep on the mantelpiece, books with titles like Charm Your Own Cheese, Enchantment inBaking, and One Minute Feasts — It’s Magic!
壁炉架上码着三层书:《给你的奶酪施上魔法》、《烤面包的魔法》、《变出一桌盛宴》等——都是魔法书。
And unless Harry’s ears were deceiving him, the old radio next to the sink had just announced that coming up was“Witching Hour, with the popular singing sorceress, Celestina Warbeck.”
哈利简直怀疑自己的耳朵欺骗了他,他听见水池旁的旧收音机里说:“接下来是‘魔法时间’,由著名的女巫歌唱家塞蒂娜沃贝克表演。”
Mrs. Weasley was clattering around, cooking breakfast a little haphazardly, throwing dirty looks at her sons asshe threw sausages into the frying pan. Every now and then she muttered things like “don’t know what you werethinking of,” and “never would have believed it.”
韦斯莱夫人在丁零当啷地做早饭。她漫不经心地把香肠扔进煎锅,不时气呼呼地瞪儿子们一眼,嘴里还嘟哝着一些话:“不知道你们是怎么想的。”“真是不敢相信。”
“I don’t blame you, dear,” she assured Harry, tipping eight or nine sausages onto his plate.
“我不怪你,亲爱的。”她把八九根香肠倒进哈利的盘里,安慰他说,
“Arthur and I have been worried about you, too.
“亚瑟和我也为你担心。
Just last night we were saying we’d come and get you ourselves if you hadn’t written back to Ron by Friday.
昨天晚上我们还说要是你再不给罗恩回信,我们就亲自去接你。
But really”, “flying an illegal car halfway across the country — anyone could have seen you —”
可是,”“开着一辆非法的汽车飞过半个国家——谁都可能看见你们——”
She flicked her wand casually at the dishes in the sink, which began to clean themselves, clinking gently in thebackground.
她用魔杖朝水池里的碗碟随意一点,那些碗碟就自己清洗起来,叮叮当当的声音像是一种背景音乐。
“It was cloudy, Mum!” said Fred.
“情况很不好,妈妈!”弗雷德说。
“You keep your mouth closed while you’re eating!” Mrs. Weasley snapped.
“吃饭的时候不要说话!”韦斯莱夫人厉声说。
“They were starving him, Mum!” said George.
“他们不给他饭吃,妈妈!”乔治说。
“And you!” said Mrs. Weasley, but it was with a slightly softened expression that she started cutting Harrybread and buttering it for him.
“你也闭嘴!”韦斯莱夫人说,可是她动手给哈利切面包涂黄油时,脸上的表情已稍稍温和了一些。
At that moment there was a diversion in the form of a small, redheaded figure in a long nightdress, whoappeared in the kitchen, gave a small squeal, and ran out again.
这时,一个穿着长睡衣的红头发小人跑进厨房,尖叫了一声,又跑了出去。
“Ginny,” said Ron in an undertone to Harry.
“金妮,”罗恩低声对哈利说,
“My sister. She’s been talking about you all summer.”
“我妹妹。她一暑假都在念叨你。”
“Yeah, she’ll be wanting your autograph, Harry,” Fred said with a grin, but he caught his mother’s eye andbent his face over his plate without another word.
“可不,她想要你的签名呢,哈利。”弗雷德笑道,但一看到母亲的眼神,马上埋头吃饭,不再说话。
Nothing more was said until all four plates were clean, which took a surprisingly short time.
几人闷声不响,不一会儿四只盘子便一扫而空。
“Blimey, I’m tired,” yawned Fred, setting down his knife and fork at last.
“啊,好累呀,”弗雷德放下刀叉说,
“I think I’ll go to bed and —”
“我想我要去睡觉了——”
“You will not,” snapped Mrs. Weasley.
“不行,”韦斯莱夫人无情地说,
“It’s your own fault you’ve been up all night.
“一晚上没睡是你自找的。
You’re going to de-gnome the garden for me; they’re getting completely out of hand again —”
现在你要给我去清除花园里的地精。它们又闹得不可收拾了。”
“Oh, Mum —” “And you two,” she said, glaring at Ron and Fred.
“哦,妈妈——” “还有你们两个。”她瞪着罗恩和弗雷德说。
“You can go up to bed, dear,” she added to Harry.
她又对哈利说:“你可以去睡觉,亲爱的,
“You didn’t ask them to fly that wretched car —”
你并没有叫他们开那辆破车。”
But Harry, who felt wide awake, said quickly, “I’ll help Ron.
可哈利觉得一点儿也不困,忙说:“我帮罗恩一块儿干吧,
I’ve never seen a de-gnoming —”
我还没见过怎么清除地精呢——”
“That’s very sweet of you, dear, but it’s dull work,” said Mrs. Weasley.
“真是个好孩子,可这是个枯燥的活儿。”韦斯莱夫人说,
“Now, let’s see what Lockhart’s got to say on the subject —”
“现在,我们来看看洛哈特是怎么说的。”
And she pulled a heavy book from the stack on the mantelpiece. George groaned.
她从壁炉架上抽出一本大厚书,乔治呻吟了一声。
“Mum, we know how to de-gnome a garden —”
“妈,我们知道怎么清除花园里的地精。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
assured [ə'ʃuəd]

想一想再看

adj. 确实的,保障的,有自信的 动词assure的过

 
fault [fɔ:lt]

想一想再看

n. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层

 
kitchen ['kitʃin]

想一想再看

n. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间

 
glaring ['glɛəriŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 耀眼的,炫目的,怒视的 动词glare的现在分

 
haphazardly [,hæp'hæzədli]

想一想再看

adv. 偶然地,随意地;杂乱地

 
slightly ['slaitli]

想一想再看

adv. 些微地,苗条地

 
dull [dʌl]

想一想再看

adj. 呆滞的,迟钝的,无趣的,钝的,暗的

 
popular ['pɔpjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的

联想记忆
sink [siŋk]

想一想再看

n. 接收端,沟渠,污水槽,散热器
vi. 下

 
blame [bleim]

想一想再看

n. 过失,责备
vt. 把 ... 归咎于,

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。