手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 科学秀 > 正文

为什么入睡时会出现幻觉

来源:可可英语 编辑:Ceciliya   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Have you ever played a video game for so long but when you finally put on the controller

你有没有过这种情况,玩了很长时间的电子游戏后,放下游戏手柄
and are maybe falling asleep you see images of the game flash before your eyes.
入睡时你眼前会浮现出游戏画面。
This happened to me a bunch of times personally.
我就有过这种情况。
One time I had played so much Tetris
一次我玩了很长时间的俄罗斯方块
and I was writing a paper in college that I got surprised that the words on my screen weren't falling down
然后开始写大学论文,我惊奇的发现我屏幕上的文字开始往下跌落
I was like why are they all just staying there I was expecting them to like start... as very tired.
我还在想,诶,它们为什么不能安安静静的待在上边呢? 啊 我真的是玩的太累啦。
These hallucinations can be other things, too, like jigsaw puzzles or apple-picking
这些幻觉也有其他形式,比如拼图游戏或摘苹果
and they happen in the weird limbo between wakefulness and sleep called hypnagogia.
它们通常发生在觉醒和临睡幻觉的诡异状态之间。
In fact, lots of strange things can happen in this state like twitching or something called exploding head syndrome.
事实上,很多奇怪的事都发生在这个状态,比如抽搐或突发性头鸣综合征。
Don't worry, no brain bits are involved in that one but it can still get pretty trippy.
别担心,大脑可没有参与其中,但是仍会让你产生幻觉。
Scientists don't know a ton about hypnagogia but they are learning,
科学家们对临睡幻觉了解甚少但仍在研究,
they consider it to be an altered state of consciousness not unlike an LSD trip.
他们认为这是一种意识的转变状态,和服用LSD后的虚幻感相似。
The hypnagogic state only lasts about 10 minutes as you transition from being awake to being asleep,
随着你从清醒到入睡阶段的转换,这种半睡半醒状态仅持续10分钟,
although sometimes, it's called the first stage of sleep
有时这被称为睡眠的第一阶段
and during this period of drowsy pre-slumber, you can hallucinate.
在迷迷糊糊的睡前阶段就会产生幻觉。
You might feel like you're falling, flying or floating,
你可能会感觉自己在下跌、起飞或漂浮,
you might hear short phrases or sounds or see anything from amorphous shapes and colors to clear images of people.
你可能还会听到只言片语或某种声音或是看见任何东西,从无形状幻影到某种颜色再到清晰人影。
Now this might seem like dreaming but it's a little different.
这可能和做梦有些像但又有些不同。
Most dreams happen during rapid eye movement or REM sleep
多数梦境都发生在快速眼动或REM阶段
where your brain is much more active than during the rest of your shut-eye
在该阶段你的大脑会比闭眼休息阶段更加活跃。
And dreams are usually pretty vivid.
梦境通常相当生动。
You're part of some kind of action or story like going to outer space in a hot air balloon
你会成为各种梦境故事中的一部分,比如你乘坐热气球去外太空
to meet a clown that sounds like Sir Patrick Stewart.
和听起来像斯图尔特爵士一样的小丑见面。
But hypnagogic states are more like watching snippets of films in an experimental art gallery.
而半睡半醒状态更像是在实验性艺术画廊里观看电影片段。
Salvador Dali even famously used hypnagogic imagery to inform his art disrupting his naps to get inspiration.
萨尔瓦多·达利(西班牙画家名)甚至运用入睡表象扰乱自己的小憩以获取灵感。
It's not always the case but the imagery can come from something mundane or repetitive you were doing while you were awake,
虽然并不总是这样,但表象来自于你在清醒时重复做的一些事,
like playing Tetris, that's why this hallucination phenomenon is sometimes called the tetris effect.
比如玩俄罗斯方块,这也就是幻觉现象有时被称为俄罗斯方块效应的原因。
Scientists don't know why these hallucinations happen because not everyone gets them
科学家们不知道这些幻觉发生的原因,因为不是所有人都会产生幻觉
and they can be a symptom of disorders like narcolepsy, which is basically extreme sleepiness.
产生幻觉也可能是障碍症的一种症状,比如发作性睡病,即极度嗜睡。
But one idea is that some parts of your brain take longer than others to fall into sleep mode.
一种观点是认为你大脑的一些部分比其他部分进入睡眠状态的时间要更久。

为什么入睡时会出现幻觉

As you're drifting off, your brain's electrical pulses or brainwaves start to slow down,

当你迷迷糊糊地睡去时,你大脑的电脉冲或脑波开始减缓,
they shift from moderately fast alpha waves, which are typical of being relaxed but awake to
它们从适度的快速α波,即放松却清醒的状态到
slower theta waves of early sleep, to even slower delta waves of deep sleep.
早期睡眠的较慢θ波,再到深度睡眠更缓慢的δ波。
But the slowing down isn't even.
但是这种减缓是不平稳的。
EEG measurements of brainwaves suggest that your brain puts on the brakes faster in the front than in the back,
脑波的脑电测量显示大脑在前脑部位比后脑部分停下来的速度更快,
and that means that the parts of the brain in charge of vision or balance could be active for a bit longer,
这就意味着控制视力或平衡的大脑部分活跃时间较长,
which might explain why so many hypnagogic hallucinations are visual or include weird sensations like fallen.
这也就解释了为什么如此多的幻觉都是可视化的或是有下跌这样的怪异感觉。
And because your frontal cortex is snoozing during this in-between state,
因为在中间状态你的额叶在打盹,
it can't help you sort out what's going on like it normally does.
这样也无助于帮你弄清其中发生了什么。
One of the most frightening things that can happen during this drowsy low is
在这个昏昏欲睡过程中,会发生的最可怕的事情之一就是
hearing a loud exploding sound, like a cymbal crash or gunshot, sometimes there's also a flash of light.
听到巨大的爆鸣声,比如铙钹击打声或枪声,有时也会有闪光。
This is called exploding head syndrome and while it doesn't hurt,
这被称为突发性头鸣综合征,虽然不伤人
it can be so scary that it wakes people up from their half-asleep state.
但也是很可怕的,它会将人从半睡状态惊醒。
It's not clear whether this is just a specific type of hypnagogic hallucination or whether it's something else.
还不清楚这仅是睡前幻觉的某种类型还是其他别的。
Some neuroscientists consider it a sleep disorder
一些神经系统科学家认为这是一种睡眠障碍
and speculated might be from tiny seizures or sudden bursts of electrical activity in the brain.
并推测这可能是大脑中的某种疾病发作的预示或是脑电活动的猝发。
Fortunately, most people who have this problem aren't as bothered by it,
幸运的是多数有这种问题的人都不会为其感到困扰,
once they find out that it's not a sign of something more serious like brain cancer.
一旦他们发现这并不是患重病如脑肿瘤的迹象。
Another thing that can happen during hypnagogia is the hypnic jerk or sleep start,
临睡幻觉中会发生的另一种情况就是入睡抽动或睡惊,
despite the name, it's not a hip new dance trend, it's an involuntary twitches.
除了名字,这并不是时尚新舞蹈的潮流而是一种无意识的抽搐。
These jerks are basically just muscle contractions, it's kind of like a hiccup and they're perfectly normal most of the time.
这些抽搐主要是肌肉收缩,有点像是打嗝,大部分情况下还是挺正常的。
Neuroscientists don't really know what causes them
神经系统科学家还没弄清其中诱因
but they could happen because of the way your body switches over to being asleep.
但它们发生的原因是因为你的身体转接到入睡状态的方式。
When you're awake, you're getting lots of signals from a part of your brainstem known as the reticular activating system
当你醒着时,你会从被称为网状激动系统的部分脑干中获得许多信号
but come bedtime, a cluster of cells deep in the middle of the brain starts to block these signals and bring on sleep.
但到了就寝时间,大脑中部的一群细胞开始阻挡这些信号并帮助入睡。
While this setup makes for a pretty good transition to dreamland, it's not entirely seamless,
虽然这种设置有助于更好的转入梦境,但也不是完全无缝对接的,
so hypnic jerks could be glitches that arise during this process.
因此入睡抽动会在这个过程中产生故障。
The twitches might be related to some aspect of your hypnagogic hallucinations and they could wake you up
抽搐可能和入睡前幻觉的某方面有关并且会让你清醒过来
but most the time you don't notice a thing.
但大多数情况下你都不会注意到。
So while this not quite awake, not quite a sleep state can be pretty freaky, usually it just passes you by,
这种半梦半醒的睡眠状态相当诡异,通常会与你与你擦身而过,
which is probably good because you have to go through it every single night
这样很好,因为每一晚你都会经历这种状态
and not everyone wants to be as surrealist as dali.
并不是每个人都想成为达利这样的超现实主义者。
Thanks for watching this episode of scishow, if you want to learn more about weird brain things,
感谢收看本期科学秀,如果你想了解更多关于大脑的诡异知识,
we have a whole channel called scishow psychology over at youtube.com/scishow psyche
我们有个全新频道-youtube.com/scishow psyche的科学秀心理学
and for more of all kinds of science, you can keep watching right here or go to youtube.com/scishow and subscribe.
想了解所有类别的科学知识,你也可以在这里观看并订阅我们的频道youtube.com/scishow

重点单词   查看全部解释    
amorphous [ə'mɔ:fəs]

想一想再看

adj. 无定形的,无组织的,非结晶的

联想记忆
hallucination [hə.lu:si'neiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 幻觉,幻想

 
delta ['deltə]

想一想再看

n. (河流的)三角洲

 
extreme [ik'stri:m]

想一想再看

adj. 极度的,极端的
n. 极端,极限

 
related [ri'leitid]

想一想再看

adj. 相关的,有亲属关系的

 
involuntary [in'vɔləntəri]

想一想再看

adj. 非自愿的,无意的,不由自主的

联想记忆
vivid ['vivid]

想一想再看

adj. 生动的,鲜艳的,栩栩如生的

 
transition [træn'ziʃən]

想一想再看

n. 过渡,转变

联想记忆
episode ['episəud]

想一想再看

n. 插曲,一段情节,片段,轶事

联想记忆
movement ['mu:vmənt]

想一想再看

n. 活动,运动,移动,[音]乐章

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。