手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

有像地球这样的行星存在吗?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Squeaks was just showing me some new pictures of different planets

吱吱只是给我展示了一些不同行星的新图片
We have Mars, bright red and rocky … Saturn, with its amazing rings …
我们有火星,明亮的红色和令人惊讶的环状土星岩石…
Can you guess which is my favorite to learn about, Squeaks?
你能猜到我最喜欢学的是什么吗?
You got it!
你猜对了!
I love learning about planet Earth because it's so unique
我喜欢学习关于地球的知识,因为它是如此独特
Here on Earth, there's life everywhere you look
在地球上,到处都是生命
But the seven other planets, all their different moons, other places like asteroids—
但是其他七颗行星,所有的卫星,比如小行星的其他地方,
we've never seen signs of life on any of them
我们从未在它们身上看到过生命的迹象
The sun is only one star, though, and the universe is full of stars
然而,太阳只是一颗恒星,而宇宙中充满了恒星
Lots of those stars also have planets orbiting them, just like Earth and Mars and Jupiter and all the other planets in our solar system go around the sun
许多这样的恒星也有行星围绕着它们转,就像地球、火星、木星以及我们太阳系的所有其他行星围绕着太阳转一样
With so many other planets out there, lots of astronomers—scientists who study space — wonder if some of them are like Earth and living things could survive there
有如此之多的其他行星,许多天文学家——研究太空的科学家——想知道他们中的一些是否和地球一样,生物是否能在那里生存
Most of the planets we've seen are very different from Earth —
我们所见过的大多数行星都与地球非常不同
lots of them are boiling hot, or don't have enough air, or don't have any solid ground
很多都是滚烫的,或者没有足够的空气,或者没有坚实的地面
There's even a planet where it might “rain diamonds”
甚至有一个行星可能会下钻石
But there are a few planets around other stars that scientists think are a little bit like Earth
但是在其他恒星周围有一些行星,科学家们认为它们有点像地球
That doesn't mean there are living things on them, but at least living things could survive there
这并不意味着上面有生物,但至少生物可以在那里生存
So when scientists are looking to see if a planet is like Earth, what do you think they're looking for?
所以,当科学家们在观察一颗行星是否像地球时,你认为他们在寻找什么?
What do living things need to survive?
生物生存需要什么?
I'll give you a hint: one of them is something you're standing on right now
我给你一个提示:其中一个就是你现在站在上面的东西
That's a good guess — it is like the floor, but outside
这是一个很好的猜想——它像地板,但在不对
Yeah, the ground!
是的,地面!

planet.jpg

Earth has a crust of dirt and rock around the outside;

地球表面有一层泥土和岩石;
that's the ground where we walk and what's at the bottom of the sea
那是我们行走的地方,那是海底
If a planet doesn't have ground to walk on, then it wouldn't be as good for most living things
如果一颗行星没有可以行走的地面,那么它对大多数生物来说就没有那么好了
Some planets are just a big ball of gas with nothing solid in them at all!
有些行星只是一个大的气体球,里面一点固体都没有!
It would be very hard to live someplace without ground to stand on or oceans to swim in
住在没有陆地的地方或没有海洋的地方是非常困难的
I think you might be able to guess another thing that we need on a planet to survive, Squeaks
我想你也许能猜到我们在一个星球上生存所需要的另一件事,吱吱
It's all around us…That's right, we need air to breathe
它就在我们周围…对了,我们需要呼吸空气
An Earth-like planet needs to have air for us to breathe
一个类地行星需要有空气供我们呼吸
That air is part of what's called the atmosphere, a layer all around the planet with all of the air and clouds inside
空气是所谓的大气的一部分,一层环绕地球的空气和云层
The atmosphere on a planet has to be just right, with the right amount of air — and it has to be the type of air we can breathe
地球上的大气必须是合适的,有合适数量的空气,而且必须是我们可以呼吸的空气
Knowing that a planet has air to breathe and a solid crust is important, but the planet also has to be the right temperature
知道一颗行星有空气可以呼吸和坚硬的地壳是很重要的,但这颗行星也必须有合适的温度
Planets orbit around stars like our sun, but if the planets are too close to their star, they can be horribly, boiling hot
行星围绕着像太阳一样的恒星运行,但是如果行星离恒星太近,它们就会变得非常热
Yikes, I would not want to live there
哎呀,我可不想住在那里
But if the planet is too far from its star, it's way too cold
但如果这颗行星离它的恒星太远,那它就太冷了
We'd freeze if we even tried to set foot on that planet
如果我们试着踏上那颗行星,我们会冻僵的
Only planets at that perfect distance away from their star will be at the right temperature to support life like us
只有距离恒星那么远的行星,温度才适合维持我们这样的生命
We don't want it too hot or too cold — it has to be just right
我们不希望它太热或太冷,它必须是正确的
Does that sound familiar, Squeaks?
这听起来是不是很耳熟,吱吱?
It does sound like the story of ‘Goldilocks and the Three Bears.'
这听起来确实像是《金发姑娘和三只熊》的故事。
In fact, many scientists call that special, perfectly-warm distance away from a star the Goldilocks zone
事实上,许多科学家把这一与恒星完全温暖的特殊距离称为适居带
In the Goldilocks zone, it would also be possible to find liquid water, something that all life on Earth needs
在适居带,还可能找到液态水,这是地球上所有生命都需要的东西
There are so many different traits that a planet needs to share with Earth for us to live there that most of the planets we've found wouldn't work
行星有许多不同的特性,和地球有相同特性的才是人类宜居的,而我们发现的大多数行星都不宜居
Scientists have found some that could be like Earth, though, like a planet called Kepler-452b
不过,科学家们已经发现了一些类似地球的星体,比如开普勒-452b
It's much bigger than Earth, but it's in the Goldilocks zone!
它比地球大得多,但它在适居带!
There's still so much to learn about what it's like on planets like Kepler-452b
对于像开普勒-452b这样的行星,我们仍有很多东西需要了解
I also wish we could visit those planets, Squeaks!
我也希望我们能去到那些行星,吱吱!
But they're too far away for humans to reach right now
但是它们离我们太远了,人类现在无法到达
Even in our fastest rocket ships, it would take thousands of years for us to reach the closest star to the sun and the planets around it
即使是在我们最快的火箭飞船上,我们也需要几千年的时间才能到达离太阳最近的恒星和它周围的行星
That's way too long a trip for people to take
那对人类来说太长了
Maybe someday, people will invent a way to travel that far quickly,
也许有一天,人们会发明一种快速旅行的方式,
but for now, we can't reach planets like Kepler-452b
但就目前而言,我们无法到达像开普勒-452b这样的行星
Since we can't go visit it ourselves, we'll just have to make our observations from here on my favorite planet: Earth!
既然我们不能亲自去参观,我们就只能在我最喜欢的星球上进行观测了:地球!
We're so lucky to have such a great planet where we can live, make discoveries, and learn new things about the other planets all around the universe
我们很幸运有这样一个伟大的行星,在那里我们可以生活、可以发现,还可以了解宇宙中其他行星的新情况
What do you think it would be like to live on another planet?
你认为生活在另一个星球会是什么样子?
Do you have an idea to make spaceships move faster, so we can visit other planets?
你有办法让宇宙飞船飞得更快吗?这样我们就可以去其他星球了。
Ask a grown-up to help you leave a comment below, or send us your ideas on our website at patreon.com/scishowkids
请一个成年人帮你在下面留言,或者把你的想法发到我们的网站patreon.com/scishowkids上
We'll see you next time, here at the Fort!
我们下次在堡垒见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
invent [in'vent]

想一想再看

vt. 发明,创造,捏造

联想记忆
freeze [fri:z]

想一想再看

v. 冻结,冷冻,僵硬,凝固
n. 结冰,冻结

 
hint [hint]

想一想再看

n. 暗示
v. 暗示,示意

 
universe ['ju:nivə:s]

想一想再看

n. 宇宙,万物,世界

联想记忆
comment ['kɔment]

想一想再看

n. 注释,评论; 闲话
v. 注释,评论

联想记忆
unique [ju:'ni:k]

想一想再看

adj. 独一无二的,独特的,稀罕的

联想记忆
temperature ['tempritʃə(r)]

想一想再看

n. 温度,气温,体温,发烧

 
layer ['leiə]

想一想再看

n. 层
vi. 分层
vt. 将某

联想记忆
survive [sə'vaiv]

想一想再看

vt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过

联想记忆
liquid ['likwid]

想一想再看

adj. 液体的,液态的
n. 液体

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 什么是肘部尺骨端? 2018-11-02
  • 看看大堡礁吧 2018-11-09
  • 为什么需要戴眼镜? 2018-11-16
  • 奇妙的羊毛 2018-11-18
  • 酸奶怎么做成的? 2018-11-24
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。