手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 大脑洞开的生命奇想 > 正文

植物能在人体内生长吗?

来源:可可英语 编辑:hoy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey there! Welcome to Life Noggin! Oh, you're planting a little seed?

大家好!欢迎来到脑洞大开的生命奇想!奥,你在种一颗种子吗?
I can't wait to see what it grows into! Plants are pretty amazing.
我等不及想看它会长成什么样子了!植物是特别神奇的事物。
They are the longest living organisms on Earth, with some species dating back over 250 million years,
它们是地球上存在时间最长的生物体,有一些物种可追溯到2亿5千万年前。
and plants can live in all kinds of environments, from underwater, to without soil, and inside the human body.
而且植物可以在各种环境中生存,从水下到无土的环境,还有人体内部。
No, really! It’s incredibly rare, but it’s happened.
不,真的!植物生长在人体里面是极其罕见的,但是它发生过。
There have been reports of a pea plant growing inside a man in Massachusetts.
有报道称,马萨诸塞州一名男子体内生长着豌豆。
He experienced serious medical issues like a collapsed lung, and extreme chest pain.
他经历了严重的医疗问题,如肺功能衰竭和严重的胸痛。
During surgery doctors were extremely surprised to find a plant had sprouted in the lungs of their patient.
在手术过程中,医生们惊奇地发现这个病人的肺部长出了一株植物。
So, how is that possible? Well, let’s start at the beginning.
这怎么可能呢?让我们从一开始说起吧。
To grow a plant inside your body, you first need to get a seed or seedling in there.
要在体内种植植物,你首先需要在体内植入种子或幼苗。
We can rule ingestion out. Despite what your friends told you when you were a kid,
我们可以排除摄入的方式。不管你小时候朋友是怎么跟你说的,
a swallowed watermelon seed will not grow into a watermelon in your stomach.
吞下的西瓜籽不会在你的肚子里长成西瓜。
Your stomach contains enzymes and acids that would break down most seeds or plants.
你的胃里含有能分解大多数种子或植物的酶和酸。
While seeds with protective coatings that are built to survive being swallowed like raspberry
而像树莓或者黑莓种子一样带有保护层的种子被吞咽下去后,
or blackberry seeds, will simply pass through your body.
它们会存活下来,只会通过你的身体。
Even if the seed isn’t digested or passed, plants typically need their soil’s pH to be between 4.5 and 8,
即使种子没有被消化或穿过去,植物通常也需要生长在pH值在4.5到8之间的土壤,
but stomach acid has a much lower pH, ranging from 1.5 to 3.
但是胃酸的pH值要低得多,从1.5到3不等。
That pretty much leaves inhalation, which is most likely what happened to the guy I mentioned before.
剩下的就是吸入,这很可能就是我之前提到的那个人的情况。
But this doesn’t happen easily. Your body has ways to prevent you from inhaling objects.
但这并不容易。你的身体有办法阻止你吸入物体。
These include your epiglottis, which is a flap over your trachea that closes when you are eating,
这些办法包括会厌,它是一种位于气管之上的结构,当你吃东西的时候它就会闭合,
your larynx or vocal cords, which try to push intruders back up your trachea,
还有,你的喉咙或声带会试图把入侵者推到气管之上,
cilia, which sweep particles out and away from your lungs,
纤毛会把颗粒从你的肺里清除出去,
and your cough reflex, which attempts to prevent particles from descending any further.
你的咳嗽反射会试图阻止粒子进一步下降。

植物能在人体内生长吗?.jpg

So, if a lucky seed does make it through all those defense mechanisms, could it sprout?

所以,如果一颗幸运的种子能通过所有这些防御机制,那它能发芽吗?
Well, plants require water, carbon-dioxide, and sunlight in order to make nutrients through photosynthesis and grow.
嗯,植物需要水、二氧化碳和阳光来通过光合作用制造养分并生长。
Without sunlight, how could they grow then?
没有阳光,它们还怎么生长?
Well, to germinate, seeds only need oxygen, warmth, and moisture,
这个嘛,种子发芽只需要氧气、温暖和水分,
which is pretty easy to find in the lungs of a human body that is around 60 percent water
这些东西在60%的水含量的人体肺部很容易找到,
and whose temperature is a steady 37 degrees Celsius.
而且人体温度稳定在37摄氏度。
But, don’t break out the dust masks just yet.
但是,现在还不要打开防尘口罩。
Even though most seeds contain their own nutrients, which is needed to sprout,
尽管大多数种子含有发芽所需的营养物质,
after they use them up they require sunlight to grow any further.
但是在它们用完这些营养之后,它们需要阳光才能继续生长。
That could by why the pea plant only reached 1.25 centimeters.
这就解释了为什么豌豆只能长到1.25厘米。
So, while it is possible, that little seed needs to defy a lot of odds in order to grow inside your body.
所以,虽然这是可能的,但植物的小种子需要克服很多困难才能在你体内生长。
I think it’s safe to say that you don’t have to fear the outdoors, or at least not for that reason.
我认为可以肯定地说,你不必害怕户外运动,或者至少不是因为这个原因。
So are there any other bodily oddities that you want us to talk about next? Let me know in the comment section below!
那么你还想让我们谈谈身体上的其他奇怪之处吗?请在下面的评论区告诉我吧!
Curious to know what happens to your body when you get bit by a poisonous snake? Check out this video.
想知道当你被毒蛇咬到时,你的身体会发生什么变化吗?看看这个视频吧。
Venomous snakes can choose whether or not to actually release their venom, but if they do,
毒蛇咬人时,他们可以选择是否释放自己的毒液,如果它们决定释放的话,
those fangs of theirs are going to release different toxins into your body that have varying effects depending on what type of snake bit you.
蛇的毒牙就会往你身体里释放不同的毒素,根据蛇的类型不同,毒素导致的后果也不同。
As always, my name is Blocko, this has been Life Noggin, don't forget to keep on thinking!
我是宝高,这里是脑洞大开的生命奇想。思考不要停!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
contain [kən'tein]

想一想再看

vt. 包含,容纳,克制,抑制
vi. 自制

联想记忆
poisonous ['pɔizənəs]

想一想再看

adj. 有毒的,恶意的

联想记忆
rare [rɛə]

想一想再看

adj. 稀罕的,稀薄的,罕见的,珍贵的
ad

 
venom ['venəm]

想一想再看

n. 毒液,恶意

联想记忆
vocal ['vəukəl]

想一想再看

adj. 声音的,口述的,歌唱的
n. 元音,

联想记忆
flap [flæp]

想一想再看

n. 拍打,拍打声,片状垂悬物(口袋盖等),副翼

 
extreme [ik'stri:m]

想一想再看

adj. 极度的,极端的
n. 极端,极限

 
curious ['kjuəriəs]

想一想再看

adj. 好奇的,奇特的

联想记忆
extremely [iks'tri:mli]

想一想再看

adv. 极其,非常

联想记忆
defy [di'fai]

想一想再看

vt. 反抗,藐视,挑衅

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。