手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 畅游海底世界 > 正文

人工礁(下)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Making my way towards one of the masts, I observe a lot of encrusting marine growth.

我朝着其中一根桅杆游去,发现有很多海洋生物结垢。
One of the antennae is covered in the same growth.
其中一根天线被同样的生长物所覆盖。
While the reef is growing well, it still looks like a ship.
当珊瑚礁生长良好时,它看起来仍然像一艘船。
Four years underwater has allowed the ocean to partially reclaim the ship.
四年时间,大海已经一定程度上的改变了这艘船的样子。
There is a thin layer of marine growth, and the fish are starting to call the ship home.
海洋中生长着一层薄薄的生物,鱼们开始把船称为家。
Soon it's time to head up to the top of the mast where the mooring line is tied.
很快去到系缆绳的桅杆顶端了。
Fighting the current, I make my way to the line that will lead me safely back to the boat.
与水流搏斗,我来到缆绳这,把我安全地带回到潜水船上。
The next day, we head north up the keys to Key Largo.
第二天,我们朝北去往基拉戈。
Key Largo has some world-famous wrecks.
基拉戈上有一些世界闻名的沉船残骸。
We stop in at Horizon Divers, Key Largo wreck diving experts.
我们顺便访问造访地平线潜水俱乐部,这里有基拉戈沉船潜水专家们。
Tim and I load our gear onto the boat.
蒂姆和我把装备装到船上。
Soon we're on our way, navigating through the canals to the open ocean on a beautiful Keys day.
很快我们就上路了,在一个美丽日子里,我们沿着运河航行到开阔的海域。
We arrive at the wreck of the Speigel Grove.
我们到达了斯皮格尔·格鲁夫号残骸。
A slightly older wreck, the Speigel Grove was sunk in 2002.
斯皮格尔·格鲁夫号是一艘稍旧的沉船,沉于2002年。
As the crew ties the boat up to one of the mooring lines, I'm getting suited up for my dive.
当船员们把船系在一根系缆绳上时,我穿上潜水服准备潜水。
So this is the wreck of the Speigel Grove.
这就是斯皮格尔·格鲁夫号残骸。
It's eleven years old—a little bit older than the Vandenberg.
它有十一年了,比范登堡号大一点。
Let's go see what it looks like.
我们去看看它是什么样子。
As I follow the mooring line down through the blue water, the first thing I see is the top of a mast.
当我沿着系缆绳穿过蓝色的海水时,我先看到的是桅杆的顶部。
Looking closer, I can see quite a bit of sponge and coral growth here, as well as fish.
再近一点,我可以看到这里有很多海绵、珊瑚,还有鱼。
Deeper on the wreck, a school of Jacks regard me with indifference as I make my way towards the main deck.
在沉船的深处,当我游向主甲板时,一群小鱼对我完全不理不睬。
This eleven year old wreck definitely shows much more marine growth than the four year old Vandenberg.
这个沉龄十一年的残骸确实比四岁的范登堡号带有更多的海洋生物。
And there seem to be more fish.
鱼似乎也更多。
The presence of smaller fish has attracted predators like barracuda.
小鱼的出现吸引了像梭鱼这样的捕食者。
Some sections of the wreck are so overgrown with sponges and coral that they are completely unidentifiable.
残骸的某些部分长满了海绵和珊瑚,完全无法辨认。
And while I definitely know I'm diving a shipwreck, it's undeniable that nature is taking this man-made object back.
虽然我清楚地知道自己是在沉船中潜水,但不可否认的是,大自然把这个人造物体改造回来了。
There is also no denying that exploring a shipwreck is fun.
不可否认,探索沉船是一件趣事。

2.png

Since the Speigel Grove was prepared in advance for divers just like the Vandenberg, it is safe for exploration.

因为斯皮格尔·格鲁夫号就像范登堡号一样,是为潜水员探索而准备的,所以是安全的。
Inside a hole in the deck, I find….wait for it…a bathroom!
甲板上有个洞,我发现,等等,这是一个浴室!
Of course, I explore another set of stairs.
我又探索了另一组阶梯。
I'm rising up to the top of the wreck on my way back to the surface.
返回海面时,我游过残骸的顶部。
These ships are so big that they have to be sunk in fairly deep water so they don't stick up and pose a threat to boats on the surface.
这些船太大了,必须沉到非常深的海中,这样它们就不会竖起来,对海面上的船只构成威胁。
As a result the dives tend to be around a hundred feet deep, which limits bottom time.
因此,潜水深度往往在100英尺左右,这限制了时间底线。
I spend a few minutes doing a safety decompression stop on the mooring line just under the surface while I contemplate the wreck.
我花了几分钟在海面下的系缆绳上做一下安全减压,那时我在想沉船的事。
You know, for being only eleven years old, that wreck has a lot of marine growth—it's really pretty, but not a lot of schools of fish.
这艘沉船只有十一年,所以它的海洋生长物很多,非常漂亮,但没有很多鱼群。
This of course makes me wonder what would an even older wreck look like?
我就在想,更古老的沉船残骸会是什么样子?
Our captain drives us a few miles to another, even older wreck, the Duane.
我们的船长把我们带到几英里以外的另一条沉船处,这条更古老,它叫杜安号。
120 feet beneath this boat is the wreck of the Duane, which is 25 years old!
这艘船下面120英尺处就是25年沉龄的杜安号残骸了!
I'm really curious to see what a 25 year old shipwreck looks like.
我真的很好奇,想看看一艘25年的沉船是什么样子。
Down on the wreck, I make a beeline for the bridge, known to be one of the most beautiful parts of the Duane.
在沉船上,我径直游向桥接处,这里被认为是杜安号最美的一个地方。
Inside I discover a refuge for fish completely decorated with sponges and coral.
在里面我发现了一个完全用海绵和珊瑚装饰的鱼儿避难所。
The walls look nothing like the plain metal of 25 years ago.
这些墙看起来一点也不像25年前的普通金属。
Now they are splashed in yellow, red, orange and pink pastels.
现在它们表面溅着黄色、红色、橙色和粉色的粉彩。
Leaving the bridge, I investigate yet another staircase, still recognizable as such, but so overgrown with sponges and coral that it now looks more like an abstract sculpture.
离开桥接后,我又探索了另一个阶梯,它仍然可以辨认,但是长满了海绵和珊瑚,看起来更像一个抽象的雕塑。
Everywhere I look, the wreck has grown thick colonies of cup corals.
我看到的每一处,都长出了厚厚的杯状珊瑚群。
And under every overhang, a school of fish, hiding from predators.
在每个悬垂处,都有一群鱼在躲避掠食者。
The fish don't know this was once a warship.
鱼不知道这曾经是一艘军舰。
For them, it's just a great place to live, like any other reef.
对它们来说,这只是像其他珊瑚礁一样,是个很好的生活地。
It seems that 25 years old is a good vintage for an artificial reef.
25岁似乎对于人工礁来说,是个好年份。
All too soon the dive must come to an end and I head back towards the mooring line to the boat.
很快潜水就要结束了,我沿着系缆绳回到小船上去。
My adventures on shipwrecks have been illuminating.
我在沉船上的冒险经历给了我很多启示。
What I have learned is that the Vandenberg has a bright future as an artificial reef as the years go by.
我所学到的是,随着时上间的推移,作为人工礁的范登堡号有着光明的未来。
I'll be checking in now and then to see how she does as she progresses from a ship to a mature artificial reef!
我会时不时地去看看她,如何从一艘船变成真正成熟的人工礁!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
abstract ['æbstrækt]

想一想再看

n. 摘要,抽象的东西
adj. 抽象的,理论

联想记忆
drives

想一想再看

n. 驱动器;驱动力;驱动程序(drive的复数形式)

 
sponge [spʌndʒ]

想一想再看

n. 海绵,海绵状的东西
vt. 用海绵擦拭,

 
observe [əb'zə:v]

想一想再看

v. 观察,遵守,注意到
v. 评论,庆

联想记忆
threat [θret]

想一想再看

n. 威胁,凶兆
vt. 威胁, 恐吓

 
slightly ['slaitli]

想一想再看

adv. 些微地,苗条地

 
plain [plein]

想一想再看

n. 平原,草原
adj. 清楚的,坦白的,简

 
partially ['pɑ:ʃəli]

想一想再看

adv. 部份地,一部份地,不公平地

 
crew [kru:]

想一想再看

n. 全体船员,全体乘务员,(一组)工作人员

 
current ['kʌrənt]

想一想再看

n. (水、气、电)流,趋势
adj. 流通的

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 夏威夷飞旋海豚 2019-07-12
  • 人工礁(上) 2019-07-19
  • 和卡罗尔一起学自由潜水(上) 2019-07-25
  • 和卡罗尔一起学自由潜水(下) 2019-07-26
  • 拯救鲟鱼(上) 2019-08-01
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。