Hello! I'm John Russell.
大家好!我是约翰·拉塞尔。
In a recent video, I mentioned the idea that you can improve your confidence in your speaking by training like an athlete.
在最近的一期视频中,我提到了一个想法,即你可以像运动员一样训练来提高你对自己口语的信心。
And how do athletes often begin their practice sessions? By warming up.
运动员通常是如何开始训练的?通过热身。
We can separate our warm-up into a few different parts.
我们可以把热身分成几个不同的部分。
Let's start with the lips.
我们从嘴唇开始。
We can warm up our lips by adopting some of the extreme positions we take to produce vowel sounds.
我们可以通过采取一些极端的姿势来发出元音以让我们的嘴唇活跃起来。
The basic idea is to take two vowel sounds and switch between them.
基本思路是发两个元音,然后来回发它们。
We make vowel sounds where corners of the lips go through their widest range of motion--as far out as they can go, as close together as they can go.
我们发元音的时候,嘴角的活动范围是最大的——要么嘴角尽力分开很大,要么嘴角尽力闭合。
Here is one example: -ee-, -ee-.
例如:-ee-,-ee-。
When I make this vowel sound, notice how the corners of my lips are very far apart. -ee-, -ee-.
当我发这个元音时,注意我的嘴角分开得很大。-ee-,-ee-。
Then I can make another vowel sound.
然后我发另一个元音。
Notice how the corners of my lips are close. -oo-, -oo-.
注意我的嘴角是如何闭合的。-oo-,-oo-。
Then I switch back and forth. -ee-, -oo-.
然后我来回发这两个元音。-ee-,-oo-。
If you are not used to making these vowel sounds, then your lips might be pretty tired by now.
如果你不习惯发这些元音,那么可能是你的嘴唇已经累了。
But if not, you can always do a little more.
但如果没累,你可以多练习。
Just don't too much--remember this is a warm-up, not a workout.
别练习太多——记住这只是热身,不是锻炼。
That's all for today! Keep up the good work!
今天就到这里吧!继续努力!