手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

种子如何发芽生长?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I’m so excited about our garden, Squeaks!

吱吱,我对我们的花园太兴奋了!

And thanks to the seed calendar we made with our friend Juniper, we know the perfect time to put each of these seeds into the ground so that they can grow into plants!

感谢我们和我们的朋友朱尼珀一起制作的种子日历,我们知道把每一颗种子放入地下的最佳时间,以便它们长成植物!

Soon we’ll have some great vegetables to eat!

很快我们就有好吃的蔬菜吃了!

You’re right, Squeaks.

吱吱,你说得对。

It is surprising that these teeny tiny seeds turn into plants big enough for us to eat!

令人惊讶的是,这些微小的种子长成了大到足以供我们食用的植物!

Even though they’re small, seeds are jam-packed with different parts that help a plant grow!

尽管它们很小,但种子中充满了帮助植物生长的不同部分!

And I know a way that we can take a closer look at the inside of a seed to understand how!

我知道一种方法,我们可以近距离观察种子的内部,以了解其中的原理!

Yep, Squeaks, these are beans!

是的,吱吱,这些是豆子!

How are beans going to help us learn about seeds

豆子将如何帮助我们了解种子

Well, believe it or not, beans are seeds!

好吧,信不信由你,豆子就是种子!

And a lot of beans are really big, which makes it easy to look at them to understand how a seed works.

而且很多豆子都很大,这让我们很容易理解种子是如何运作的。

That’s because all seeds have the same basic parts, from a big bean to a tiny radish seed!

这是因为所有的种子都有相同的基本部分,从大豆子到小萝卜种子!

If you look closely at each part's shape, or structure, you can find clues about how it helps the seed grow into a plant.

如果你仔细观察每一部分的形状或结构,你就能找到它是如何帮助种子长成植物的线索。

Let’s open up one of these beans and take a closer look inside!

让我们打开其中一颗豆子,仔细看看里面!

I soaked the beans in water overnight to make them softer, so it would be easier to pull them apart.

我把豆子在水里泡了一夜,让它们变软,这样就更容易把它们分开。

This outer part that I’m peeling off is called the seed coat!

我剥掉的外层叫做种皮!

Well, kind of like a coat you would wear outside, except that it doesn’t really keep the seed warm.

嗯,有点像你在外面穿的外套,除了它不能给种子保暖。

What do you know about the outside of a bean, Squeaks?

吱吱,你对豆子的外皮了解多少?

Yeah they do taste delicious when they’re cooked, but what about before you cook them

是的,它们煮熟的时候味道很好,但是在烹饪之前呢

How do they feel?

它们是什么样的 ?

Yes! Beans are really hard and tough.

是的! 豆子真的很硬。

If I hadn't soaked the seed first, I would have had a hard time peeling it off.

如果我不先把种子浸湿,我就很难把它剥下来。

The seed coat is so thick and tough because its job, or function, is to surround the seed and keep it safe until it's time for the seed to grow into a plant.

种皮如此厚而韧,是因为它的工作或功能是将种子包裹起来,并保证种子的安全,直到种子长成一株植物。

This thick coat keeps the seed safe from many things.

这层厚厚的外衣使种子免受许多东西的侵害。

It holds water inside the seed so it won’t dry out.

外皮把水分藏在种子里,这样种子就不会变干。

And it helps protect the seed from being dropped or squished.

它还有助于防止种子掉落或压碎。

Ok, we’ve covered the seed coat, but there are still two more parts to a seed!

好了,我们已经介绍了种皮,但是一粒种子还有两部分!

Do you see that, Squeaks ?

吱吱,你看到了吗 ?

That part of the seed is called the embryo.

种子的那部分叫做胚胎。

And it looks like a tiny plant, because it is.

它看起来像一株小植物,因为它确实是。

It's a baby plant!!

这是一株小植物!!

Like all babies, its job is to grow.

像所有的婴儿一样,它的任务就是成长。

And it's already started, deep inside the seed.

它已经在种子深处开始了。

It's just waiting for the right conditions to sprout.

它只是在等待合适的条件发芽。

Now, do you see all of this other stuff inside the seed?

现在,你看到种子的其他部分了吗 ?

This part of the seed is called the endosperm, and it’s what the baby plant eats!

种子的这一部分被称为胚乳,这是植物幼崽吃的东西!

Yes, the endosperm’s job is to feed the baby plant until it’s big enough to make food for itself.

是的,胚乳的工作是供养植物幼株,直到它长大到足以为自己制造食物。

So it’s a bunch of food, like a cupboard full of snacks, just for the plant.

所以这是一堆食物,就像一个装满零食的橱柜,专为植物定制。

Hey there!

嘿!

Hi, Juniper!

嗨, 朱尼珀!

I heard you guys talking about growing seeds, and I couldn’t help it…

我听到你们在谈论种植种子,我忍不住…

I just had to crawl on over!

我只能爬过去!

That’s right, Juniper!

没错,朱尼珀!

We’re learning about how seeds become plants.

我们正在学习种子是如何长成植物的。

We were just talking about how the seed has three parts: the seed coat, the embryo and…

我们刚刚讨论了种子有三个部分: 种皮,胚胎和…

…The endosperm!

…胚乳!

Yes, my favorite part of the seed, jam-packed full of food for the baby plant!

是的,这是我最喜欢的种子部分,为幼苗提供了满满的食物!

We were hoping you could tell us what happens after a seed begins to grow, since you can crawl down in the soil and see it for yourself!

我们希望你能告诉我们种子开始生长后发生了什么,因为你可以爬到土壤里,亲眼看看!

You bet I can! Ok, let’s dive in!

我当然可以! 好,让我们开始吧!

So here’s a bean, just like the ones you have right now!

这是一颗豆子,就像你现在拿着的一样!

You can see it’s just starting to grow a root, which is breaking through the seed coat.

你可以看到它刚开始长出根,它正在冲破种皮。

That shows our embryo is getting bigger.

这表明我们的胚胎正在变大。

This process, where the baby plant starts to sprout out of its seed, is called germination.

小植物从种子中发芽的这个过程叫做发芽。

As it grows, the baby plant sends its root down into the soil, which helps it get water.

当幼苗生长时,它的根会深入土壤,帮助它获得水分。

It also sends a shoot up above the dirt.

它还能把幼苗从泥土中拔出来。

That’s this part growing upwards!

这是向上生长的部分!

After it breaks through the top of the soil, the plant will grow leaves to collect sunlight to make its own food.

在它冲破土壤表层后,植物会长出叶子来收集阳光来制造自己的食物。

It won't need the seed to feed it any more.

它就不再需要种子来供养它了。

And the plant grows bigger and bigger until one day, it’ll able to make seeds of its own to start the whole cycle over again!

植物长得越来越大,直到有一天,它能够自己制造种子,重新开始整个循环!

Wow, Juniper! Thanks so much for showing us how a seed grows!

哇, 朱尼珀! 非常感谢你向我们展示种子是如何生长的!

Any time, Mister Brown!

随时效劳,布朗先生!

I’m so glad you’re as excited about gardening as I am!

我很高兴你和我一样对园艺感到兴奋!

We definitely are. Thanks for your help!

我们确实很兴奋。谢谢你的帮助!

You’re right, Squeaks.

吱吱,你说得对。

It would be really cool to be able to see germination in action.

如果能看到发芽的过程,那就太酷了。

Too bad we can’t crawl down into the ground like you can, Juniper!

可惜我们不能像你一样爬到地下,茱尼珀!

Oh, you don’t need to go underground to see a seed germinating!

哦,你不需要到地下去看种子发芽!

All you need is a plastic baggie and a damp paper towel!

你所需要的只是一个塑料袋和一张湿纸巾!

Well I happen to have both of those things right here.

这两种东西我正好都有。

Great! Take some of your beans, and put a few of them in a baggie with the damp paper towel.

太棒了!取一些豆子,用湿纸巾把它们放在一个袋子里。

That will give them water and somewhere to grow.

这将给它们提供水和生长的地方。

Then we’ll place them in a sunny window so that they have sunlight, and we can come by and check on them whenever we want.

然后我们把它们放在有阳光的窗户里,这样它们就有阳光了,我们随时都可以过来看看它们。

Without soil in the way, after a few days, you can watch as each seed sprouts or germinates into a plant!

没有土壤的阻碍,几天后,你可以看到每颗种子发芽或生长成一株植物!

And you out there watching can ask your grown-ups about doing this activity at home!

观看节目的你可以让家长和你在家里做这个活动!

Ok, let’s get going!

好了,我们开始吧!

This will be a great way to watch plants up close even as our garden is growing outside!

这将是一个很好的观察植物的方式,即便我们的花园在外面生长!

Thanks for joining us today on SciShow Kids.

感谢收看今天的《少儿科学秀》。

If you want to learn more about the world with me, Squeaks, and all of our friends, be sure to subscribe, and we’ll see you next time.

如果你想和我、吱吱以及我们所有的朋友一起更多地了解这个世界,一定要订阅我们的节目,我们下期见。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
plastic ['plæstik, plɑ:stik]

想一想再看

adj. 塑料的,可塑的,造型的,整形的,易受影响的

 
germination [,dʒə:mi'neiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 发生;发芽;伟晶作用

 
crawl [krɔ:l]

想一想再看

vi. 爬行,卑躬屈膝,自由式游泳
n. 爬行

 
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
protect [prə'tekt]

想一想再看

vt. 保护,投保

联想记忆
except [ik'sept]

想一想再看

vt. 除,除外
prep. & conj.

联想记忆
overnight ['əuvə'nait]

想一想再看

n. 前晚
adj. 通宵的,晚上的,前夜的<

 
soaked [səukt]

想一想再看

adj. 湿透的 动词soak的过去式和过去分词

 
function ['fʌŋkʃən]

想一想再看

n. 功能,函数,职务,重大聚会
vi. 运行

 
collect [kə'lekt]

想一想再看

v. 收集,聚集
v. 推论

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。