手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 诉讼双雄 > 诉讼双雄第一季 > 正文

诉讼双雄第一季 (MP3+中英字幕):第7集 2011模拟庭审

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Oh, god, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?

天呐,对不起,你没事吧
You know there are easier ways to kill me,
就算你担心我会告诉别人
if you're worried I'll rat you out for cheating on the LSATs.
你在法学院入学考试做过枪手,也不用这样吧
What? Come on, Rachel.
什么,别这样,瑞秋
Unbelievable.
不可理喻
Rachel!
瑞秋
Rachel, come on, let me buy you a fresh cup.
瑞秋,别这样,我给你买杯新的吧
Are you actually gonna buy it this time,
你是真打算去买
or are you gonna steal it?
还是打算去偷呢
Okay, first of all, I don't steal, I cheat.
首先,我不偷东西,我只是替考
There's a big difference. And I don't do it anymore.
二者截然不同,而且我已经洗手不干了
Oh, great defense.
很有力的辩词
I'm sorry, your honor, I know that I murdered her,
对不起,法官大人,虽然我杀了她
but I promise I won't do it anymore.
但我保证以后不这么做了
Look, I understand why you're mad,
我知道你为什么生气
but I still don't think you're being entirely fair.
但我还是觉得你对我的看法有点不公平
Not fair?
不公平吗
What's not fair is that you repeatedly help people skirt a system
不公平的是你屡次替考,帮别人拿到资格证
that stands in the way of me becoming a lawyer.
我却因为这个考试而当不成律师
You know what? Why don't you give up the whole saint act,
别一副正气凛然的样子
since the only reason you figured out I was cheating
你之所以能发现我替考
is 'cause you were thinkin' about cheating yourself.
还不是因为你自己想要作弊
Thinking about cheating and actually doing it
想要作弊和真的作弊
are two very different things, Doctor Analogy.
是两码事,别偷换概念
Whoa! Wait, did I miss an apocalypse?
等等,我是错过了什么天灾吗
Where is everyone?
人都哪去了
You know, for someone with a freak brain,
对于你这种记忆力超群的人
you manage to forget everything important.
竟然能忘了这么重要的事情
Follow me, but don't talk to me.
跟我来,但是别跟我说话
Not bad, Harvey.
不错,哈维
The Prague hotel, in the black in less than three years,
布拉格酒店,盈利不到三年
and a successful I.P.O.
首次公开募股就很成功
Who said passion wasn't productive?
谁说热情不是生产力
I don't know anyone that's ever said that.
怎么可能有人那么说呢
Jones, tell me something.
琼斯,我有事问你
You have 30 hotels in 12 different countries,
你在12个国家有30家酒店
but you spent last week
为什么你上周却一直待在
in Daniel Vega's Lisbon Resort.
丹尼尔·维加的里斯本度假村
What? Just, you know, checkin' out the competition.
怎么了,就是去摸摸对手的底
That was more than a fact-finding mission.
这可不止是去看看情况吧
You're thinking merger.
你在考虑并购
Do you honestly believe that I'd do that
你真的觉得我对你
without talking to you first?
还会先斩后奏吗
I know you would. Then perhaps I did.
我知道你会的,也许我已经这么干了
Jones, if you try to pursue a merger,
琼斯,如果你想要并购
you may not control what happens to your business
那你对于自己苦心经营的产业
that you built so passionately.
就没有那么多控制权了
Okay, Sherlock, hear me out.
好吧,侦探先生,你听我说
Combined, we're 100 hotels in 23 countries.
合并后我们就在23个国家有100百家酒店
I like having multiple homes.
我喜欢多几个地方落脚
But you don't need another name on the mortgage.
但你不需要另一个人跟你一起还贷款
It's a good deal.
这是桩不错的买卖
Yeah, and it's my job to get you a better one, okay?
是啊,而我的职责是帮你谈桩更好的买卖
Promise me you didn't do a handshake deal.
答应我先不要达成协议
Donna!
唐娜
Who's ready for mock trial 2011?
2011年模拟庭审现在开始
What, like make-believe trials?
就像假装的庭审吗
We gonna play Monopoly after?
我们接下来是不是要玩大富翁了
This is your debutante ball.
这就相当于是你的社交新人舞会
The impression you make on the partners will last.
你给合伙人的第一印象很重要
And let me guess, Harvey was—
让我猜猜,哈维当初...
Oh, legendary.
传奇人物啊
Shocking.
太惊讶了
Sydney Thompson was a consultant with Lunders Global Initiative.
西德尼·汤普森曾是兰德斯全球联盟的顾问
She had a few too many,
她喝得有点高
and decided to entertain her friends
决定用模仿她老板的方式
with an impersonation of her boss,
来娱乐下她的朋友们
Lena Lunders.
她老板是莉娜·兰德斯
This impersonation was recorded
这次模仿被拍了下来
and uploaded onto a social networking site.
而且上传到了社交网站
The next day she was fired.
第二天,她就被解雇了
Sydney is now suing for wrongful termination.
西德尼现在要起诉公司不正当解雇
We are looking to see how you do under pressure.
我们很期待看到你们在压力下的表现
Can't cheat your way out of this one.
这次你可没法作弊了
The partners have been instructed to only use the associates
规则规定,合伙人只有在紧急情况下
in emergency situations.
才能使用助理律师
Let the games begin.
游戏开始吧
All right. When your name is called,
好啦,叫到你名字时
please step up and meet your match.
请上前来认识下你的对手
I think you mean my bitch, Louis.
你是说我的跟班吧,路易
Gene Kaplan.
金·卡普兰
I'm glad Jessica finally chose a case with a strong female character.
我很高兴杰西卡终于挑了个强势女性的案子
Last year I was forced to play a traffic cop.
去年我被迫要扮演交警
Jocelyn Lowenstein.
乔瑟琳·劳恩斯坦
It was a total waste of my talent.
太浪费我的才能了
Wait a minute, you play witnesses?
等等,你扮演了证人吗
Oh, I don't play anything.
我不是扮演
I embody.
我就是她的化身
And if I'm on your team, you're a winner.
如果我跟你一队,你赢定了
Well, in that case—No.
这样的话...不行
Okay.
好吧
Mike Ross.
迈克·罗斯
Mike Ross.
迈克·罗斯
Mike Ross.
迈克·罗斯
Kyle for the plaintiff.
凯尔是原告律师
Ross for the defendant.
罗斯是辩护律师
May the best man win.
强者必胜
Oh, by the way, Kyle,
顺便说下,凯尔
weren't you, uh, National Mock Trial champion?
你是不是全国模拟庭审冠军来着
That's right, Louis. In high school,
是啊,路易,从高中
college, and law school.
到大学,再到法学院,战无不胜
I need an assessment of all of Vega's hotels, okay?
我要一份对所有维加的酒店的评估
I want you to check annual earnings,
我需要你去查下年收入
property value.
固定资产价值
There should be writing. Yeah.
你应该写下来,好的
This all doesn't sound like an emergency.
这些听着不像是什么紧急情况
The mock trial-Okay.
模拟审判...好吧
I'm on it.
我这就去
Uh, listen, Harvey, about— I don't give advice.
对了,哈维,我不会给你提建议
Okay, please, sensei?
好吧,求你了,老师
I'm out of my league with this thing.
我不太清楚这个事情
Listen to me.
听我说
Don't go to trial.
不要参加庭审
It's a mock trial.
这是次模拟庭审
I think the trial part is kind of a prerequisite.
我觉得参加庭审算是先决条件吧
All right. Law is about control, okay?
听着,法律讲究的是控制
You can only control so much with a jury, judge,
而你对于陪审团,法官,证人
witnesses, and another lawyer with an ego complex.
和有自我情节的对方律师的控制是有限的
What if the lawyer doesn't have an ego complex?
如果那律师没有自我情节呢
Every lawyer has an ego complex.
每个律师都有自我情节
The firm has presented an exercise
公司准备的这个练习
where there's potential for failure, okay?
有失败的可能性
All I'm saying is try and create a situation
我的意思是,尝试去创造一个情景
where that's not even a possibility.
让自己立于不败之地
Kobayashi Maru.
小林丸
Koba—what now?
小... 什么东西
Star Trek. Captain Kirk.
星际迷航,科克舰长
He wins a no-win situation by rewriting the rules.
他修改了规章制度得以反败为胜
You're a trekkie.
原来你爱看《星际迷航》啊
Hey, captain Kirk is the man,
柯克船长是我的偶像
Okay? I don't wanna hear another word about it.
没人能破坏他在我心中的形象
Now, enough with your fake law problem.
行了,你那个模拟庭审的问题到此为止
Let's deal with my real one.
我有正经案子要处理
Aye, captain.
是,船长
You wanna know how to do a cross?
你知道怎么做交叉询问吗
Some people like to use big words.
有些人喜欢说大话
Some people like to go for sympathy.
有些人爱打同情牌
But personally,
但就我个人而言
I'm a little more go for the groin.
我更喜欢直击要害
Hey, Mike.
迈克
You mind dismissing the peanut gallery
先让你的小帮派解散吧
so we can talk, Kyle?
我有些话要对你说,凯尔
I'm sorry, guys.
抱歉,各位
Looks like Ross here came to plead for mercy.
看样子罗斯来求饶了
If you're here for the witness/exhibit exchange.
如果你是想来和我交换人证物证的话
Don't bother.
那就免了
I already know who you're gonna call
我已经知道你的人证是谁
and what evidence you're gonna use.
还有你会用到哪些物证
Actually, I'm not gonna call any witnesses
其实,我不打算让任何证人出庭
or present any evidence. Let's settle.
也不想提交任何物证,我们和解吧
Or I can beat you.
我赢定了
The plaintiff has shown a pattern of making
证据已经显示原告对我的委托人
derogatory statements about my client.
作出了一系列的诋毁性供述
Hearsay. Not the emails.
道听途说,这都在邮件里写着呢
Which have no tone of voice
在邮件里就说明不是亲耳听到的
and are subject to interpretation.
还会造成理解障碍
Which is exactly why your argument is shaky at best.
所以你的论据是站不住脚的
Then beat me in court. Kyle.
那就在法庭上打赢我吧,凯尔
There's a reason that Harvey chose me to be his guy.
哈维选我当他的助理是有原因的
Do you really wanna find out what that reason is?
想知道为什么吗
And how do I know this isn't some sort of trick?
我怎么知道你不是在耍花招呢
It's not a trick.
这不是花招
This is our chance to stand out.
这是我们大显身手的机会
Look, settling gets us in and out of there
听着,如果和解的话
in five minutes.
我们5分钟就能结案
You drop the suit, and you and I spend the rest of the week
如果你撤诉,我们就可以利用剩下的时间
making ourselves indispensable to the partners
给合伙人们留下个深刻的印象
while everyone else buries their heads in Candyland Court.
这时其他人还沉浸在模拟庭审的美梦里呢
I'm going against my better judgment
那我就违背自己的判断
and trusting you.
相信你一回
So we have a deal.
那就这么说定了
Daniel, paperwork looks good,
丹尼尔,文书工作做得不错
despite the fact that you two decided to go lawyer commando.
但你俩不准备请律师,这可不太好
The devil's always in the details.
细节决定成败啊
Harvey, I know that impulse purchases don't exist in your world,
哈维,我知道仓促行事不是你的风格
but the timing was right.
但现在时机到了
And as for the details,
说到细节
I'd like to leave that to my man Scott.
还是交给我的个人律师斯科特吧
Does he always like to be late?
他经常迟到吗
She.
是"她"
Just got off a plane from London.
刚从伦敦飞过来
Meet Ms. Dana Scott.
来见一下达娜·斯科特
Welcome.
欢迎
Hi. Thank you. Scottie.
你好,谢谢,斯科特
Harvey. Oh, you two know each other!
哈维,你们原来认识啊
We went to harvard law together.
我们是哈佛法学院的同学
Harvey was fifth in the class, and I was—
哈维当时是班上第五名,而我是...
Oh, I forget. What was it?
我忘了,我是第几来着
Married to the library?
你那时嫁给图书馆了吧
That's right. Number one.
没错,我是第一名
Number one at studying.
学习方面你确实是第一
Okay, this way.
好了,这边请
Tell me, Scottie,
告诉我,斯科特
What's my success rate against you in the real world
当我们真正对峙公堂时
where we practice real law?
我对你的胜率是多少
Harvey, there should be no winners or losers in a merger.
哈维,在并购案里不存在谁赢谁输
Just a happy new couple.
皆大欢喜
That's right, 3 and 0. 3比0
胜负一目了然
Well, I say we let these two talk deal points
我们还是让他们谈谈公事
While I try your chef's famous sea bass.
我也去尝一尝你酒店主厨的拿手海鲈
Absolutely. Play nice.
必须的,友谊第一
We like each other, even if you two don't.
我们喜欢对方,但显然你们两个不是
"Married to the library"?
嫁给了图书馆
It's not my fault.
又不是我的错
Library was the best you could do.
图书馆都是你能找到最好的了
Do you have the preliminary proposal?
你做好初步建议书了吗
No, I just flew in from London
没呢,我刚从伦敦飞过来
completely unprepared.
毫无准备
Try not to be intimidated. I use some big words.
别被吓到,我的用词比较晦涩
Overcompensation isn't that big of a word.
"过度补偿"可算不上晦涩
It isn't?
不算吗
I can hardly wait to see the work of a senior partner.
我很想见识下资深合伙人的水平
I see my promotion popped up
看来我升职一事已经出现在
on your Harvey Specter Google Alert.
你的哈维·斯佩克特谷歌快讯上了
That's not all that's going to pop up.
出现在我脑海里的可不止这一件事
Can't remember the last time we had a bed.
我们很久没在床上做了
Pretty convenient that we're working on a hotel merger.
合作酒店并购案,这绝对是近水楼台
Remember the mining deal?
还记得那个采矿案吗
Shaft 27? How could I forget?
27号矿井那个案子吗,我怎么忘得了
Listen, about the due diligence—
听着,关于尽职审查...
Ah, Harvey.
哈维
You know the rules.
你知道规矩的
No case negotiations till we're done.
在完事前别跟我谈案子的事
I think that might be a while.
我想那得有一会了
Couldn't resist seeing brilliance in action, huh?
忍不住想看我的精彩表现吧
Actually, I have to be here.
实际上,我必须出席
I'm playing the part of the plaintiff.
我要扮演原告之一
Wow. I knew you were pissed,
我知道你很生气
but I didn't realize you were petty.
但没想到你这么小心眼
What does that mean? It's an adjective.
什么意思,是个形容词
It means small-minded and spiteful.
意思是心胸狭隘又恶毒
You chose to work with the one guy who's going against me.
你居然帮我的对手
Kyle asked me, and I said yes.
凯尔征求我意见,我同意了
You know what?
算了
It doesn't really matter,'cause you're never gonna take the stand.
无所谓,反正你也没机会出庭作证
Really? How's that?
是吗,为什么
It's a surprise.
等着瞧吧
But prepare to watch a mock trial legend be born.
准备期待模拟庭审传奇的诞生吧
Is counsel ready to proceed with opening statements?
律师们都准备好各自的开场陈述了吗
We'd like to submit a settlement agreement—
我们打算提交一份调解协议
The plaintiff is ready, your honor.
原告律师准备就绪,法官大人
Which is it, counselor?
到底谁说了算,律师
The counsel for the plaintiff
原告律师和我
and I agreed to a settlement yesterday.
昨天达成调解共识
He must've misunderstood. We had discussed,
他肯定是误会了,我们是讨论过
but I never agreed to anything.
但并没达成共识
Do you have a signed agreement?
你们签了协议吗
No.
没有
Then we are ready to proceed.
那我们准备开始模拟庭审吧
You have the floor.
由你先开始
Thank you.
谢谢
Sydney Thompson was unwittingly recorded
西德尼·汤普森对于自己电话被录音一事
on a cell phone.
毫不知情
She made a joke,
她开了个玩笑
the type of joke that I'm sure every person in this courtroom
我相信法庭里的每个人
has made at one point or another...
都曾开过这样的玩笑
Mr. Ross.
罗斯先生
Mr. Ross!
罗斯先生
Are you ready?
你准备好了吗
Um, the, uh, the defense...
被告方
According to Bowmaster V. Whitely,
根据波马斯特状告怀特里一案的结果
if the party to a settlement is surprised
如果一方当事人
by the repudiation of the settlement,
突然得知和解被拒
then the court must provide a reasonable amount of time
那么法庭必须给出合理时限
to prepare for the trial.
让其做好庭审准备
Reasonable time. Yes, your honor.
合理时限,是的,法官大人
You get five minutes.
给你五分钟
Vega has more property.
维加不止这些资产
Debeque has more potential.
迪贝克更有潜力
Which is harder to monetarily define.
潜力很难用金钱来衡量
This isn't a library, Scottie.
这不是图书馆,斯科特
My guy's an up-and-comer.
我的客户不懂并购
That's why your guy's pouncing.
所以你的客户才会想搞突袭
Your client is an impulse shopper,
你的委托人是位冲动型购物者
which is what may have made him a quick success,
这就导致他成功得快
but it could make him an even faster failure.
但失败得也快
So he's a passionate guy.
他是个充满激情的人
He falls in love with a city, and he builds himself a hotel.
他每爱上一座城市,就在那里建一座酒店
Who are you to argue with his track record?
你凭什么对他的业绩提出质疑呢
I'm a realist,
我是现实主义者
and I have never seen a deal pushed through so quickly.
我从没见过哪个项目能谈得这么快
So what?
那又怎样
So your guy might wake up tomorrow
也许你的客户明早一觉醒来
and decide that he doesn't wanna do this,
就反悔不想谈了
which is why I'm not showing you
所以在没有签好协议前
our private books without a signed deal.
我不会给你看我们的内部账簿
Is that a joke? Am I laughing?
是开玩笑吗,我在笑吗
Look, I may not have been awake during our M&A clinic—
虽然在并购培训班,我总是打瞌睡...
Except for when you were copying my notes.
除了你抄我笔记的时候
Which was no walk in the park. You wrote like a monkey.
没那么简单,你写字速度像超人
But in any case, due diligence is a requirement.
不管怎样,尽职审查是必须的
I have an obligation to my client.
我对我的委托人有义务
Then we don't have a deal.
那我们没法达成协议了
And everyone's gonna know it's because you killed it.
大家都会知道是你否了这个协议
You know...
知道吗...
I don't see you rushing to show us your private books.
看来你并不急着把你们的内部账簿给我们看
I have nothing to hide.
我没什么好隐瞒的
You can have full access to our books right now.
你现在完全可以看我们的账簿
Great. You show me yours, and I'll show you mine.
很好,你给我看你们的,我给你看我们的
Don't say it, Harvey.
别说出来,哈维
Mike.
迈克
Hey, are you okay? Now you care?
你没事吧,现在你关心我了
Mr. Ross, I'm gonna have to ask you
罗斯先生,我要警告你
not to speak to my client.
不能和我的委托人说话
She's not your client.
她不是你的委托人
She is Rachel the paralegal.
她是律师助理瑞秋
And I only have five minutes, so you should really get out of my face.
我只有五分钟准备,你最好赶紧从我面前消失
What's your problem, Mike? My problem is that
你有什么问题吗,迈克,我的问题是
you don't have the balls to make this a fair fight, Kyle.
你没胆量来一场公平的较量,凯尔
Lawyering isn't about fighting fair,
律师这行就没有公平竞争之说
and you'd better watch your false accusations,
你最好不要诬告陷害
or I might just sue you for defamation.
否则我要告你诽谤
Come on.
跟我来
The defendant wishes to countersue.
被告方想要反诉(反诉:简单地说就是在民事诉讼中,被告反告原告)
On what grounds?
理由呢
I believe that's my line, counselor.
我觉得那是我该说的话,律师
Defamation of character.
毁损名誉
The plaintiff's video negatively impacted
原告的录像给莉娜·兰德斯
the perception of Lena Lunders
带来了极其负面的影响
and impaired her financial well-being.
也严重减损了其财政收入
That's ridiculous, your honor.
那太荒唐了,法官大人
In order for there to be defamation,
为了诽谤中伤我的委托人
the statements made would've been false.
证据录像可能是伪造出来的
That's not the case here.
这和本案无关
Then you should have no problem proving that in court.
那么你应该可以在法庭上给出相应的证明
The countersuit is allowed.
反诉成立
Are you serious?
你是认真的吗
Would you like to approach the bench
你是不是想要到法官席前
and find out how serious I am?
看看我到底有多认真
Your honor, the defense should've filed counterclaims
法官大人,被告方应该在开庭前
before the trial began.
上交反诉材料
Yes, he should have.
是的,应该是这样
But no one in this crop of associates had the foresight to do so.
但这么多助理中,没人有这种远见
And we drafted a whole addendum
我们起草了完整的案情附录
just because we assumed one of you would.
以免你们有人提出反诉
So I'm going to allow it.
所以我批准该请求
Do you have a problem with that?
你对此有意见吗
No, your honor.
没有,法官大人
This is now a defamation trial.
现在改为诽谤案审理
You have until Friday to prepare.
准备时间到周五
Nice recovery. Thinking on your feet.
漂亮的反击,反应很敏捷
But you wouldn't have had to if you hadn't been so naive.
要不是你太天真,也不用如此了
Thank you, your honor.
谢谢,法官大人
How'd the negotiation go?
谈判怎么样
You come out on top?
你占上风了吗
Why didn't you tell me Scottie was opposing counsel?
为什么你没告诉我斯科特是对方律师
Because I didn't want you to have performance anxiety.
因为我不希望你怯场
About the case. She's tough.
作为律师,她很强势
You're obvious. And your fly's unzipped.
你太无聊了,你大门没关
No, it isn't. But it was earlier today.
骗人,之前是的
You can do better.
你可以做得更好的
Ooh, is that what Scottie said?
斯科特在床上这么说的吗
Type up the deal points.
把合同要点打出来
I got her to cave. Debeque's gonna run the show.
她让步了,迪贝克会主导大局
All I had to do was show her our books.
我不过是给她看了我们的账簿
I can't believe it.
我真服了
You gave me, like, the worst advice anyone's ever given another person.
你教我的那招把我害惨了
Take the drama down a notch, Juliet.
戏就演到这儿吧,朱丽叶
I tried to settle, and I got completely blindsided.
我想要和解,但却彻底被暗算了
I told you to settle. I didn't tell you to be stupid.
我让你和解,没让你扮傻
What do you think's gonna happen in the real world?
现实中的庭审可没这么简单
You have to be prepared for anything.
你要未雨绸缪
Well, in the real world,
但在现实中
I won't have to be looking for someone to play
我起码不用找人假扮证人
my fake witness in my fake trial.
来参加我的假冒审判
Wait, wait, wait. What do you think?
等下,你想什么呢
Do you think witnesses are just gonna jump up and present themselves?
你以为证人会自己跳出来作证吗
'Cause they're not.
不会
And sometimes when you have one,
有时,即使你有证人
they disappear or recant.
他们也可能会消失或放弃
And you know what you do? You deal with it.
这些情况你都要学会处理
Mock trial is about figuring out what type of lawyer you wanna be,
模拟庭审旨在明确你想要成为哪类律师
and there's only two types— winners and losers.
而律师只有两类,胜者和败者
That sounds great, Harvey, but I haven't prepared.
听起来不错,哈维,但是我没做好准备
I don't have anyone to play my client or my witness,
我找不到人扮演我的委托人或证人
and apparently I'm going up against someone that I can't trust.
而对方律师又是我不信任的人
Figure out a way to beat him anyway.
不管怎样,想办法打败他
Winners don't make excuses when the other side plays the game.
对方遵守了规则时,胜者不会去找借口
Hey, Donna, I proofed that final agreement on the hotel merger.
唐娜,我校对了酒店合并的最终协议
Quick question — has Harvey ever heard of spell-check?
问个问题,哈维会不会用拼写检查啊
Oh, my god.
我的天
Sorry. Are you—
对不起,你...
No, no, no. It's okay. Here.
没事,没事,不要紧的,给你
No, no, no. You don't have to talk.
没事,没事,你不用说话
Shh, shh, shh. It's okay.
嘘嘘,没事了
It's okay. He says things sometimes,
没事的,他有时说的话
and they—and they cut to the bone.
确实...确实很伤人
He does it to me too. I know, so...
他对我也那样,我懂的,你就...
It's not bad, right?
不赖吧
I can also do the Demi Moore single tear—
我还能像黛咪·摩尔那样单眼流泪
left eye or right eye— if that's better for the character.
凡是为了剧情需要,左右眼都可以
Okay, I'm scared. What's going on?
好吧,你吓到我了,怎么回事啊
If I'm gonna play Lena Lunders for you,
要为你扮演莉娜·兰德斯
I need to be able to use my full range of emotions.
我得能调动我的全部感情啊
Oh, my god. I love you.
我的天,爱死你了
Yeah, I know.
是啊,我知道
Focus.
精神集中
You need another witness, and at this point,
你还需要一个证人,到了这时候
everybody else in the firm is booked up.
公司里其他的人都被预定了
Aw! Is mommy helping you clean up your mess, Ross?
来找妈妈给你擦屁股了,罗斯
Am I mommy in this scenario?
你说谁是妈呢
What? Uh...
什么
Ross is just... a baby.
我是说,罗斯是个...小屁孩
Oh, my god.
我的天
I cannot believe I'm gonna lose to that tool. Okay, come on.
真不敢相信我要输给那个二货, 得了
No pity parties. Go to an outside source for the other witness.
少卖可怜了,去外面再找个证人来
For the best friend you need somebody pretty,
被告的朋友,你得找个漂亮的
sympathetic, and most importantly,
有同情心的,最重要的是
willing to go above and beyond for you.
愿意为你两肋插刀
What are you doing here?
你来干嘛
Jenny, come on, I need your help.
珍妮,别这样,我需要你的帮助
Got nowhere else to go.
我没别处可去了
You yelled at me. Kissed me. Pushed me away. Disappeared.
你吼我,吻我,推开我,然后消失
I haven't talked to you in forever.
我们很久没说话了
I don't even know what's going on in your life.
我都不知道你最近在干嘛
Well, if you let me in, I'll explain,
你要是放我进去,我就说给你听
and I promise it's a really good story.
我保证这故事很精彩
So you've been living a lie this whole time.
就是说你一直生活在谎言当中
Yeah.
That's awesome.
太帅了
Really? Yeah!
真的吗,对啊
I mean, as far as double lives go,
我是说,就双重生活而言
you're maybe not as cool as Clark Kent, but still.
你大概比不过克拉克·肯特,但也不错了
Clark Kent?
克拉克·肯特
Okay, you're cut off.
行了,你不能再吃了
What? Nothing.
怎么了,没事
It just feels really good to tell you.
能告诉你,感觉真好
I don't really have anybody I can talk to about it.
我都找不到倾诉对象
You trust me.
你信任我嘛
Yeah. I guess I do.
是啊,我想是吧
I like that.
那样真好
Ooh, but I really like this.
不过这个更好
Gotta hand it to you, Harvey.
不得不说,哈维
You may not be able to commit to a woman,
你虽然不能跟一个女人长相厮守
but you have been in this place a very long time.
却在这房子里住了很久
She gets me. And has no needs.
它懂我,又没什么需求
I don't think you understand how high maintenance this place is.
我想你不知道这里的维护费多高吧
He agreed to all your terms...
他同意了你的全部条件
despite my protest that he could do better.
虽然我抗议说,他本可拿到更多
So we're done. Minus a few signatures.
那我们完成任务了,就差几个签名了
That's not done. Want me to leave?
那就是没完成,要我走吗
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, please note—
陪审团各位成员,请注意...
Can I ask a question?
能问个问题吗
No, you can't ask questions as a witness.
不,作为证人,你不能提问
Don't ask questions.
不要提问
Ladies and gentlemen, please—Yeah, okay, I know that.
陪审团各位成员... 好吧,我懂了
But, um, what are you doing?
可你在干嘛啊
What do you mean? You're walking around
什么意思,你走来走去
like you have a giant stick up your ass.
一副不可一世的样子
It's a trial, Jenny.
珍妮,这是庭审
I have to be powerful.
我得表现得强势一点
But that's not you. Thanks.
可那不是你的本性, 多谢夸奖
No, you are charming, and funny,
我是说,你很有魅力,又幽默
and trustworthy. That's your power.
值得信任,那才是你的强项
And that's great when I'm trying to con my way into the LSATs,
我想混进法学院入学考试时,那是优点
but this is a courtroom.
但这是法庭啊
It's useless there. But it's still you.
在这儿不顶用的,可你的本性没变
So?
那要怎样
Take a deep breath.
深吸一口气
Okay.
好吧
Just talk to me.
跟我聊聊
Ask me where do I work.
问我在哪上班
Where do you work? Lunders Global Initiative.
你在哪上班,兰德斯全球联盟
Ask me how I know Sydney.
问我怎么认识西德尼的
How do you know Sydney?
你怎么认识西德尼的
She was my friend.
她曾是我的朋友
And I've missed her every day that she's been gone.
自从她走之后,我一直很想她
And why aren't you friends anymore?
你们为什么断交了
I don't know.
我不知道
If you do it like that...
如果你庭审这样表现
they'll fall in love with you.
他们会爱上你的
Would you take this off? Take it off.
你能把这件脱下来吗,脱掉
Take it...
脱啊
Scottie, that was amazing.
斯科特,你太棒了
Careful, Harvey.
注意啦,哈维
You need to hydrate.
你得补水
You just ran a marathon.
你刚跑了个马拉松
And I think you just beat me.
我觉得你刚刚击败我了
That's a lawyer look.
你怎么一脸律师的神情
Law school.
上法学院时
Post-mock trial in the library.
模拟审判结束后,在图书馆里
2nd circuit court of appeals.
在第二联邦上诉法院
Class action on the prep room table.
集体诉讼案期间,在准备室的桌子上
Dempsey settlement, in my office,
邓普斯和解案,在我办公室里
On the desk and under.
在桌上桌下都做过
So what are we doing? Um, a highlight reel?
干嘛呢,亮点总结啊
As a matter of fact, we are. Those were top moments, right?
没错啊,那些都是最具亮点时刻,对不
They weren't bad. No, they were great.
确实不赖,不止是不赖,是棒极了
And I just realized this was better.
而我刚刚意识到这次要比那几次还亮
You were the best you've ever been,
你刚才是达到了最高境界
and I know why. Why?
而我也知道为什么,为什么
You hid something from me in the negotiation,
谈判时你对我有所隐瞒
and I wanna know what.
我要知道你瞒了什么
You know what? You are ridiculous.
你知道吗,你的猜测太荒唐了
Oh, you know what? Don't do that, okay?
别假装你什么都不知道,好吗
Do what? You think I don't know
知道什么, 你以为我不知道
victory sex when I see it, huh? See it?
这是一场胜利的欢爱吗,什么
What is it?
到底是怎么回事
Was it one of Vega's properties is bankrupt?
是不是维加哪里的产业要垮了
The Buenos Aires one?
是布宜诺斯艾利斯那边吗
Wh-wh-what do you want me to say, Harvey?
你还指望我说什么呢,哈维
Yes, you got me! I screwed you.
没错,你猜对了,你上了我的套
How? Oh, my God.
怎么回事,天哪
You want an anatomy lesson now?
你想现在听我解析吗
That's my shirt.
那是我的衬衫
Consider it a winner's reward.
把它看作我打败你的奖赏吧
Hey, Harvey.
哈维
You were right.
你想得没错
There's been a steady stream of stock buying
在过去二十四小时里
by Vega's company in the last 24 hours.
维加的公司一直在收购我们的股票
It's a hostile takeover.
这是敌意收购
Yeah, but why are they disguising it as a merger?
没错,但他们为什么要打合并的幌子呢
They wanted access to our private books.
他们想拿到我们的内部账簿
She tricked me. What?
她耍了我一把,什么
She pretended she didn't wanna hand over their books
她假装不愿意交出他们的账簿
so I wouldn't notice when she asked for ours.
这样她要我们的账簿时,我就不会留意
It's a classic maneuver.
这是个老套的伎俩了
She made me think it was my idea. How do you know that?
她让我以为这是我的主意, 你怎么知道的
'Cause I taught her how to do it.
因为这招是我教她的
So now they see how strong Debeque's company is,
现在他们知道迪贝克的公司实力有多强
and they wanna buy it.
所以想要收购
And they'll be running it by the time Scottie's back in London.
而且他们会在斯科特回伦敦之前就开始运营
Wow. I leave you alone for two days...
哇,我才离开你两天,就出了篓子
Yeah, this is my mistake.
对,这次是我的错
This is Halley's comet.
这就像哈雷彗星一样罕见
Take a good look, 'cause it won't happen again.
仔细看吧,因为不会再有下次了
So what are you gonna do?
那你打算怎么办
I wanna know which of Debeque's hotels are the most valuable
我想知道迪贝克最值钱的酒店有哪些
and how fast we can get them on the market.
还有我们最快要多久才能让它们上市
Wait, you want Debeque to sell his best hotels?
等等,你想让迪贝克卖掉他最好的酒店吗
It's called the crown jewel defense.
这叫做弃车保帅
We unload the highest grossing assets,
我们放弃最值钱的资产
and we make ourselves look undesirable.
这会让别人对他的公司失去兴趣
Debeque'll never agree to that.
迪贝克绝对不会同意的
Trust me. Debeque has enough passion for his company
相信我,迪贝克对他的公司倾注了巨大的心血
that he'll be willing to chop off an arm to save the body.
为了保全大局,他不会计较这点得失
Okay.
好吧
You know you had that memorized the first time you read it, right?
你过目不忘,是吧
Yeah, but I didn't finish reading it
是啊,但我还没过目完呢
because a certain witness chose to be distracting.
因为有个证人在我眼前晃来晃去
That must've been rough for you.
那还真是难为你了
Yeah, you have no idea.
是啊,很纠结
Where can I get some water?
哪儿有水
I need to make sure my voice holds up.
我怕等会儿嗓子会哑
Right there.
就在那边
I'll make you a deal.
我们来订个协议
The winner gets the girl.
赢了的可以得到那个妞
You know, I'm never gonna make another deal with you again.
我可不想再跟你订什么协议了
No? Why not?
是吗,为什么
Aren't you late for... Oh, I am.
你是不是要迟到了,没错
They remind me of a younger, less attractive you and me.
他们让我想起了少不更事的你和我
Please don't say things like that.
拜托别说这种话
And I know that you rigged the lottery
我知道你在操纵赌局
so that Mike would get Kyle.
好让迈克遭受凯尔的蹂躏
Please. Rigged, expedited, they're all just words.
操纵也好,推动也好,只是说法不同
Besides, don't you wanna see what your boy is made of?
况且,你不想看你的小朋友如何表现吗
You talking bet?
你是想让我也下注吗
Yeah. Usual amount.
没错,赌金跟以前一样
I believe we have a wager.
那就这么定了
Well, you know what? Some of us shower before we go to work.
你知道吗,有些人洗过澡才会来上班
Mr. Specter— You know what? Save it.
斯佩克特先生,省省吧
Right.
好吧
How you feeling?
你感觉如何
Good. Good?
很好,很好
Yeah. Good.
没错,那就好
Is it inappropriate to take a xanax
上庭作证之前吃安定
if you're a witness in a trial?
是不是不太好呢
I've seen clients do much worse.
我见过有些委托人做得更过分
Actually, I'm not a client.
其实,我不是委托人
I'm a witness in a friend's mock trial.
我是来为我朋友的模拟庭审做证人的
One thing— if you get into trouble,
记住一点,如果进展不顺利
don't play the case. Play the man.
就不要再针对案情,要针对人
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
Good lawyers worry about facts.
好律师会去研究事实
Great lawyers worry about their opponents.
而伟大的律师则研究对手
Kyle is cocky and devious.
凯尔骄傲自大,手段奸猾
Figure out a way to use that against him.
想办法利用这点打败他
Okay. Anything else?
明白,还有吗
Kick his ass.
狠狠地教训他一顿
Who's your friend? Oh, uh, Mike Ross.
你的朋友是谁,迈克·罗斯
Do you know him?
你认识他吗
Uh, yeah. Uh, it's a big firm,
算是吧,虽然公司很大
but I know who he is.
但我知道他是谁
Yeah.
是吧
God, I don't know why I'm so nervous.
天啊,我不知道我怎么这么紧张
I just know this is a big deal to him,
我知道这对他很重要
and I don't wanna let him down.
我不想让他失望
Sydney Thompson was at a party and made a joke.
西德尼·汤普森在一个聚会上开了个玩笑
It wasn't meant to be mean or to be taken as fact,
她并无恶意,也没想到会被信以为真
and it most certainly was never meant to be public.
更不希望将其公开
The defense will show—
辩方将会证明...
That Sydney Thompson chose to publicly
西德尼·汤普森明知自己的行为
defame her boss with an impression
会损害莉娜·兰德斯的名誉
that she knew would be damaging,
及其公司的利益
both to Lena Lunders' reputation and her company.
却依然公开诽谤了她的老板
I call Lena Lunders to the stand.
我方传唤莉娜·兰德斯出庭作证
Uh...do you need a minute?
呃,你要休息一下吗
No.
I can continue. Thank you.
我可以继续,谢谢关心
Please.
请开始吧
I'm a self-made woman.
我是个自食其力的女人
I created the Global Initiative
我一手建立起全球联盟
to target problems in third-world countries.
专门解决第三世界国家的问题
I take my work very seriously,
我很看重自己的事业
and if a joke can be made of that,
如果有人拿这个开玩笑
fine.
请便
But as a woman in power,
但是作为一个身居高位的女人
people look at your success and label you.
人们只看到你的成功的一面
They don't know the complexity it takes
他们不知道一个女人
for a woman to succeed in this business.
要在这一行取得成功有多艰难
And when someone undermines that,
如果有人贬低你辛苦取得的成就
well...
那...
we have to fight for ourselves...
我们就不得不为自己抗辩了
Don't we, your honor?
不是吗,法官大人
Objection.
反对
So it's hard to be a woman in business?
你是在阐述做职场女性很艰难吗
That has nothing to do with the facts of this case.
这和本案的事实毫无关系
Well, we can only understand the damage
要想了解你的委托人给兰德斯小姐
your client has done by fully understanding the care
造成了多大损失,我们必须充分理解
with which Miss Lunders has built her reputation.
她是如何苦心树立起威信的
Um, I'm sorry.
对不起
Can you ask me the question one more time?
你能再问一遍吗
Take a deep breath.
深呼吸
It's just you and me.
这只是你我之间的对话
We're just gonna have a conversation about your job, okay?
谈谈你的工作,好吗
Yeah, okay.
好的
How do you know the defendant Sydney Thompson?
你是如何认识被告西德尼·汤普森的
We were coworkers. We started at the same level,
我们是同事,入司时级别相同
and then I was promoted to be her immediate superior.
后来我被提升为她的直属上司
And do you know about the video in question?
你了解视频一事吗
Yes. I was at the party that night.
是的,我参加了那晚的聚会
And what were you celebrating that night?
你们那晚是在庆祝什么
My promotion.
庆祝我升职一事
Same night. That's interesting.
同一个晚上,有意思
Miss Ginnesse.
金妮斯小姐
What did you think of the impersonation?
你对模仿一事怎么看
It was too far. It was mean.
既过分又刻薄
So why do you think Miss Thompson did it?
那你认为汤普森小姐为何会那么做
Miss Lunders promoted me.
兰德斯提拔了我
Sydney hated it.
西德尼很不爽
And that's why she made the video.
所以她拍了那个视频
Well, thank you, Miss Ginnesse.
谢谢,金妮斯小姐
Nothing further, your honor.
讯问完毕,法官大人
Did Sydney ever tell you
西德尼有没有告诉你
that she hated your promotion?
她对你的提拔很不满
Not exactly. Yes or no, please.
不完全是这样,请回答有还是没有
No. Well, then how do you know
没有,那你怎么知道
that she hated your promotion?
她对你的升职不满
I could just tell.
我能看出来
Can you tell what I'm thinking right now?
你能看出我现在在想什么吗
That you're wishing I would agree with everything you say?
希望我对你所说的每一句话都毫无异议吗
No. I was thinking that if you could actually read my mind,
不对,我在想,如果你能读出我的想法
I wouldn't bother asking you the questions.
我就不用费事问你这些问题了
But you can't read my mind, can you?
但你读不出我的想法,对吗
No, I'm—I'm managing director—
不能,我...我是经理...
No. And I'm pretty sure you can't read Sydney's either.
不,我敢肯定你也读不出西德尼的想法
And you actually have no idea why she made that video.
所以你其实不知道她为何拍了那段视频
Correct?
对吗
I guess I don't. No.
是的,我不知道
Good afternoon, Miss Scott.
下午好,斯科特小姐
Thank you.
谢谢
Are you here to give me a proper send-off?
你是想给我个体面的告别吗
I don't think we can do that out here on the street.
在大街上不能干那种事儿吧
You sure? You tricked me.
你确定吗,你骗过了我
I'm impressed.
我很佩服
To be fair, Vega did want a merger.
公平地说,维加确实想进行合并
I just convinced him that,
我刚说服他
given your client's propensity for rash purchases,
鉴于你客户鲁莽收购的一贯做法
that allowing him to stay in charge was a bad idea.
让他继续掌权不是个好主意
Vega needed Debeque's hotels minus Debeque,
维加想要迪贝克的酒店,而不希望他来管理
and I found a way.
我想出了一个办法
One that he never asked for or wanted,
你的办法不会让他满意的
and one that he's never gonna get.
而且他也不需要你的建议了
Was—is this for real?
这...这是真的吗
Three of Debeque's properties.
迪贝克的三处房产
It'll be on the market by the end of the day.
将于今晚上市
He's never gonna let you sell off his crown jewels.
他绝不会让你卖掉他的王牌产业的
See, that's the thing about passionate clients.
强硬的客户有一点好处
When they're crossed, they get angry,
一经背叛,他们会恼羞成怒
and they'll do anything to get back.
不惜一切代价进行反击
Don't do this, Harvey.
别这样,哈维
Look, there's another way we can do this.
还有一个办法
We can get our clients into a room together.
我们把客户都约到一起
You can tell them you were wrong,
你向他们认个错
and we can convince them back into a merger.
然后说服他们继续商讨合并事宜
Miss Thompson, what was the intent behind your impersonation?
汤普森小姐,你拍模仿视频的目的是什么
I was just trying to be funny.
我只是想搞搞笑
Everyone in our office makes jokes,
办公室里人人都讲笑话
And as a matter of fact,
而事实上
Ms. Lunders encourages us to be informal.
兰德斯女士鼓励我们不拘礼节
I can't win this just on facts.
仅凭事实,我赢不了这个案子
But I expected it.
但我预料到了
I think everyone has the impulse to move up,
我想每个人都渴望升职
but at a certain point, you just have to let it go.
但某些时候,你不得不学会释然
So that's what I did.
我就是这么做的
What are you gonna do?
你打算怎么做
I've never held ill will for my boss.
我从未对老板心怀恶意
I'm gonna play the woman, not the case.
我得在这个女人身上做文章,而不是案子本身
You say you expected to be passed over for a promotion, correct?
你说你预料到自己不会被提拔,对吗
Yes. And yet you applied three times?
是的,而且你已经申请过三次了
Yes. And you were never promoted?
是的,而你却从未被提拔
As I said, yes.
如我所说,是的
And when Nora Ginnesse was promoted,
而当娜拉·金妮斯升职时
you wrote scathing emails to the rest
你给其他同事写了措辞刻薄的电子邮件
of your coworkers in response. No, not scathing.
作为回应,不,并非刻薄
The intent was to be funny.
我的初衷只是搞笑
Oh, right, you like to be funny.
对了,你喜欢搞笑
Who doesn't like to laugh?
谁不喜欢笑口常开呢
Someone whose reputation has been ruined.
因此而名誉扫地的人不会喜欢的
Objection. Just a thought.
反对,个人想法而已
It's testifying. Sustained.
这是在自证,反对有效
Mr. Ross, questions.
罗斯先生,请提问
I'm sorry, your honor.
对不起,法官大人
Forgive me. I was just trying to be funny.
原谅我,我只是想搞笑
On your performance review, Lena Lunders wrote,
在你的绩效评估报告上,莉娜·兰德斯写道
"Good work ethic. Lacks skills."
"敬业精神可嘉,缺乏工作技巧"
Do you think that's a fair assessment?
你觉得这样的评价公平吗
Fair? I—I don't know.
公平,我...我不知道
Well, your coworkers were promoted,
你的同事们都升职了
and your boss was calling you mediocre.
而你的老板却认为你只是个庸才
Are you mediocre? No.
你是庸才吗,不是
So why haven't you been promoted?
那为何你没被提拔
I don't know.
我不知道
Do you think you deserve better?
你觉得自己有资格得到更好的待遇吗
Doesn't everyone? So why haven't you tried?
人人都有资格吧,那你为何没去尝试
I have tried. Why haven't you improved?
我试了,那你为什么没有进步
I didn't say I haven't improved.
我没说过我没进步
Well, your review did.
你的考核报告上说了
Your five years without a promotion did.
你五年以来都没升职,也证明了这点
Look, you were so angry that you weren't moving forward
你因为自己没被提拔而恼羞成怒
that you lashed out at your boss—
将怨气发泄在你老板身上...
No. Objection! Testifying!
不,反对,自证其罪
Everyone was moving past you. So what?
别人都爬得比你高,那又怎样
People making good on their—
他们凭借能力实现了目标
Badgering, your honor.
纠缠证人,法官大人
Sustained. People who could cut it.
反对有效,他们能够有所成就
I can cut it!
我也能成功
Excuse me, your honor.
对不起,法官大人
Settlement's still on the table.
和解协议仍然有效
What? Let's settle.
什么,我们和解吧
Same deal. Win-win.
同样的条件,双赢
No, I'm good. Excuse me?
不,我不和解,你说什么
I've seen the moony looks, Ross.
我知道那表情是什么意思,罗斯
You like her,
你喜欢她
so you're offering me a settlement
所以你给我提供了一个和解方案
because you don't want to hurt her feelings.
因为你不想伤害她
But I'd rather see if you'll break her.
但是我宁愿看到你伤害她
Giddy-up, cowboy.
醒醒吧,兄弟
Counselor.
律师
Would you like to proceed?
还要继续问吗
No, your honor.
我问完了,法官大人
Are you sure? Yes, your honor.
你确定吗,是的,法官大人
Nothing further.
没有问题了
Well, normally we'd move on to closing statements,
正常情况下我们要开始结案陈词了
but it's been a long week,
但这一周大家都很疲惫
and honestly, we all know where this is going.
而且我们都知道结果是什么了
So court rules in favor of the defendant.
所以法庭判决被告获胜
This court is adjourned.
休庭
Mr. Ross.
罗斯先生
Naive and soft.
天真,心软
Not qualities we're looking for at Pearson Hardman.
不是皮尔逊·哈德曼律所提倡的品质
Gentlemen, I appreciate you leaving the swords at home.
先生们,我很感激你们能心平气和坐下来谈谈
What started off as a true merger
我们从一个纯粹的合并案开始
never needed to become anything different.
并不希望搞出别的事情来
Daniel, I want you to listen to me.
丹尼尔,我希望你听我说
I know Harvey, and he just wants to merge your businesses
我了解哈维,他只想和你的公司合并
so he can double his billable hours.
这样他的时薪就能加倍了
Quiet, Scott.
行了,斯科特
I wanna hear what he has to say.
我想听听他要说什么
I'm just here to get my client the deal that he wants,
我过来是替我的客户达成他想要的交易
and what he wants is a merger, is that right, Jones?
他要的就是合并,不是吗,琼斯
That's right.
没错
Daniel. Your law firm overreached in a situation
丹尼尔,你的律所已经走到了
where it wasn't necessary.
进退两难的境地
It's not entirely Scottie's fault.
并不完全是斯科特的错
We lawyers all have an instinct to win,
好胜是律师的天性
but sometimes we may
但是有时候我们可能
not fully understand what that means.
不能完全理解这意味着什么
We understand what it means.
我们知道这意味着什么
Well, maybe you do, and maybe you don't.
也许你知道,也许你不知道
For me,
对我而言
it would be to see both men return to the initial deal
这意味着两位男士谈回到最初的协议
so that you can grow both your businesses,
使双方的生意达成共赢
instead of having one company with a hostile reputation
而不是一个公司声誉扫地
and the other a shell of what it once was.
而另一家像以前一样变成空壳
I mean, that doesn't sound like a win to me.
对我来说,那可算不上是胜利
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Let's just go back to the original deal.
我们继续谈最初的那个协议吧
We can run it together.
我们可以一起经营
You need anything?
需要帮忙吗
'cause otherwise I'm gonna head out.
要是没有我就走了
Celebratory drinks with the associates?
去和助理们喝庆功酒吗
Yep.
是啊
And what exactly are you celebrating?
你有什么可庆祝的
You know what? You can save the disappointment, Harvey.
不用跟我说什么你很失望,哈维
I know what I did. Do you?
我知道我做了什么,是吗
Because what I saw is that you backed off
我看到的是你退缩了
because you were worried about hurting your girlfriend's feelings.
因为你担心伤害你女朋友的感情
It was a fake trial.
这只是一场模拟庭审
All right? I weighed the pros and the cons,
对吧,我斟酌了利弊
and I decided it wasn't worth hurting someone for the result.
觉得为了结果而伤害别人不值得
The result is you just told every partner in this firm,
结果就是你让公司里的每个合伙人
including myself, that you have a weak stomach,
包括我,都知道你是个草包
that you don't have what it takes.
你没胆子,狠不下心
You know, you keep telling me that I have to decide
你一直告诉我,我必须选择
what kind of lawyer I wanna be.
要成为一个怎样的律师
And if I were smart, I'd probably be just like you,
如果我够聪明,大概会成为你这样的律师
because everybody knows you're the best.
因为每个人都知道你是最棒的
But I'm also trying to decide what kind of person I wanna be.
但我同样要决定我要成为一个怎样的人
And sometimes I like my kind of person
有时候,相比较你那类人
a lot more than yours.
我还是更喜欢我这样的
You wanna know what kind of person I am?
你想知道我是个怎样的人吗
Tough but fair.
心狠手辣但是讲究公平
I call it like I see it.
我只说我所看到的
And what I see is a kid who asked for an opportunity
我看到的是一个孩子渴求一个机会
who still hasn't decided if he wants it or not.
却还不确定,这是不是他想要的
Single malt, please.
来一杯纯麦威士忌
Harvard Club? I thought you hate this place.
怎么来哈佛俱乐部了,我以为你讨厌这地方
Vega kicked me out of his hotel,
维加把我从他的酒店赶出来了
so, you know, beggars...
你知道的,给人打工...
Save the pout.
别装委屈了
You were head of Law Review,
你当过《法律评论》的头儿
you clerked for a Supreme Court judge,
你是高法法官的书记员
and you almost beat me.
而且几乎把我打败了
I think that deserves a drink.
我觉得为这个得喝一杯
On you.
你请客
I'd laugh, but I just got fired.
我想高兴点儿,但是我刚被炒鱿鱼了
From the firm?
被事务所解雇了吗
No.
不是
But the firm's not going to be happy,
但事务所那边肯定不会满意
And that's why I'm not already on a plane.
所以我还不想回去
Hey, the Scottie I know is tougher than that.
我认识的斯科特可要比这坚强得多
Is she?
是吗
Well, you wanna go back to our alma mater
你想重回母校
and see a lecture on why women are better at science?
听一场为何女性在科学方面更出色的讲座吗
Might cheer you up.
可能会让你振作起来
Maybe, but I'm not going with you.
可能吧,但我不会和你一起去了
Come on, we're still friends, aren't we?
别这样,我们还是朋友,不是吗
I'm getting married, Harvey.
我要结婚了,哈维
His name is Steve, and, uh,
未婚夫叫斯蒂夫
he asked me a month ago, and, um,
一个月前他向我求了婚
when I get back to London I'm—
等我回到伦敦
I'm going to say yes.
我要答应他了
What would you like me to say?
你想要我说什么
Nothing.
什么也别说了
Come here.
过来
I'm sorry I won.
很抱歉我赢了
No, Harvey...
不,哈维
I would hate it if you were sorry about that.
我讨厌你为了这个说抱歉
You didn't have to do that, you know.
你没必要这么做
I know. I could've handled it.
我知道,我本可以承受的
I know. That was a thank-you,
我知道,你可能没听出来
If you couldn't tell.
我是在说谢谢
I could tell.
我明白
So, um, Jenny was a great witness.
珍妮是个不错的证人
Really likeable and pretty.
既可爱又漂亮
Yeah. Yeah, she is.
是的,是啊
I know I was hard on you this week.
我知道这周我对你态度不好
It's okay— No, it—
没事,不是
Did you ever take a minute to wonder
你有没有想过
why I was so mad at you?
我为什么这么生你的气
I just expect more from you than most people.
我对你的期待比对大多数人都高
Why?
为什么
You're a smart guy.
你是个聪明人
You can figure it out.
你会想明白的

重点单词   查看全部解释    
sympathy ['simpəθi]

想一想再看

n. 同情,同情心,同感,赞同,慰问

联想记忆
productive [prə'dʌktiv]

想一想再看

adj. 能生产的,有生产价值的,多产的

联想记忆
original [ə'ridʒənl]

想一想再看

adj. 最初的,原始的,有独创性的,原版的

联想记忆
partner ['pɑ:tnə]

想一想再看

n. 搭档,伙伴,合伙人
v. 同 ... 合

联想记忆
except [ik'sept]

想一想再看

vt. 除,除外
prep. & conj.

联想记忆
bother ['bɔðə]

想一想再看

v. 使恼怒,使不安,烦扰,费心
n. 烦扰,

联想记忆
opportunity [.ɔpə'tju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 机会,时机

 
diligence ['dilidʒəns]

想一想再看

n. 勤奋

联想记忆
realist ['riəlist]

想一想再看

n. 现实主义者,唯实论者

 
informal [in'fɔ:məl]

想一想再看

adj. 非正式的,不拘形式的

 


关键字: 美剧 诉讼双雄

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。